AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-19, 02:28   Link #221
Zodiamaster

Dunno if this someone mentioned this one too, but in episode 4 LC Akira shows magazine with Konata and Feem of Crescent love on the cover,
Old 2008-10-19, 18:11   Link #222
biomage

Hello

Episode 4
I see a To Heart Poster on Konata bed picture / poster picture
Old 2008-10-23, 21:31   Link #223
biomage

Sorry if i break a rules
Episode 8
Picture 1 / Picture 2
For Pic1 i see two Poster on the left side, the corner poster its a ef - a tale of memories or "melodies" poster and the other poster is a Moon Phase Poster
For Pic2 i see two H Manga on the left side, i think its Futari Ecchi

Last edited by biomage; 2008-10-23 at 21:42.
Old 2008-10-24, 12:30   Link #224
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

Quote:
The Cicada (”Higurashi”) in the beginning

In Japan, the cries of Cicada are considered as a kind of a sign of summer, especially the end of it (as the time when Tanna japonensis is active is summer). Here it can be understood as the beginning of summer, maybe even as a reference towards Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
At first I was thinking this was just a stretch, but while watching the rest of this episode (Ep. 6) I noticed while Konata was telling the scary story, beforehand there was a brief (but kind of long) close up of the ceiling light. This seemed strange at first, but not until a few minutes later I was like "OH!" This light, is the same one in the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni series that is famous for
Spoiler for details for the Higurashi series:

I am now full of even more happiness that Higurashi could of even more been referenced in Lucky Star, though it could all just be a consequence, I can still hope
Old 2008-12-24, 19:44   Link #225
ateki

Wink

EPISODE 12

Spoiler for Lucky Star Episode 12:
Old 2009-01-03, 10:40   Link #226
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ne-on-new-year

300,000 visiting Washinomiya shrine for new years? Special Lucky Star figures? A Lucky Star classroom cafe? Kagami Yoshimizu's Satte house being remodeled into a visitable replica of the Izumi's place?! This would be much cooler news if I lived in Japan. ;-;
Old 2009-01-07, 14:29   Link #227
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami~n View Post
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ne-on-new-year

300,000 visiting Washinomiya shrine for new years? Special Lucky Star figures? A Lucky Star classroom cafe? Kagami Yoshimizu's Satte house being remodeled into a visitable replica of the Izumi's place?! This would be much cooler news if I lived in Japan. ;-;
Apparently the counts going on 420,000 something now.
Old 2009-01-08, 08:23   Link #228
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Before it was Genshiken being followed when making otaku clubs...now it's Lucky Star for home modeling.
Old 2009-01-12, 13:50   Link #229
Amray

On Google Earth I was typing in all of the places in Japan that I would like to go to in the future, as I 'seriously' plan to venture to and over Japan, and I found Washinomiya shrine and looked upon the whole Saitama prefecture. It looks like such a lovely place. (I also found Tokyo Tower for "X" reasons, but that is something different). I admit though that just looking at it from above from satelitte images is nothing compared to seeing places with ones own eyes.

I have always planned to go to Japan, even before becoming a fan of anime, and Saitama would definitely be a first stop for me. As this is the case, if I ever do go then Washinomiya Shrine would certainly not be missed.
Old 2009-01-14, 14:40   Link #230
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Washinomiya Shrine should be a stop whether you know anime or not. Its a great enduring cultural destination as well a 'pop culture' destination.
Old 2009-01-18, 09:37   Link #231
typhonsentra

I'm not sure, but I think I noticed a few subtle reference to this one anime called "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" in this one episode, can't remember which.
Old 2009-01-18, 22:12   Link #232
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I'm not sure, but I think I noticed a few subtle reference to this one anime called "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" in this one episode, can't remember which.
The entire anime is littered with Haruhi lol

Its the one anime that reoccured and is most prominent in all references. Probably as high as 5% of all references are from Haruhi. The next most would be Anime Tencho.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-01-23, 15:28   Link #233
Akatsukimember

im not sure but in episode 21 when they try to lift the thing konata says "the dragon slayer is probably about this heavy" is it a berserk reference? you know the big sword guts has xD. or maybe some other anime because i think dragon slayer is a really common name for swords o.o
Old 2009-01-26, 03:38   Link #234
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Subtle???
More like Smash You On The Head references..... the only thing that made it tolerable was that Konata is an otaku so naturally she'd be into what was current.
Old 2009-01-27, 18:31   Link #235
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
Quote:
This is a hilarious statement to me. I can't help it.
Old 2009-01-29, 05:52   Link #236
Once and Current Subber

That's a Berserk reference, yeah.

Got a list of the Tencho shop items over on the blog (avatar.mee.nu). If you've got any idea on spelling for some of the armor ones, come take a look. I'm pretty sure the one's a Dragon Force reference, but there's a couple in there that look sorta familiar but I can't place them...
Old 2009-02-18, 13:03   Link #237
Amray

Quote:
By stating this I assume that you have missed episodes such as......well..all of them except one, one would think. There are many references to Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu throughout the whole series of Lucky Star.
Old 2009-02-23, 17:06   Link #238
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post
By stating this I assume that you have missed episodes such as......well..all of them except one, one would think. There are many references to Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu throughout the whole series of Lucky Star.
It sounded like sarcasm to me.
Old 2009-02-24, 02:47   Link #239
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Yeah, and I see all these cool references to Japan! Man, KyoAni is so crafty and cool they lay all these out for observant people to find!

(I kid, lay off the knives.)

Lucky*Star isn't the most reference-laden show. Gintama beats it soundly. I saw this 3-ep arc and I couldn't stop laughing, because they were jabbing at historical figures and folk songs everywhere.
Old 2009-02-24, 14:54   Link #240
Amray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
It sounded like sarcasm to me.
I know, I thought so too. I just thought that I would take this oppurtunity to say something that appears knowledgable, to show others that I know my Lucky Star facts..even though the same comment was used twice prior mine.
Closed Thread