AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 67 53.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 32.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 10.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.60%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.80%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.80%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-05, 00:32   Link #41
ion475
にこにこにー

Well, episode do feel a little bit rushed for me.

Don't care though...Misaka is back as main character, Accelerator is on his first leg of becoming as insane as Touma, and well, Kuroko...

As for character art...guess it'll take me time to adjust to the more novel-like art.
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 00:57   Link #42
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

LMAO I love the ending to the episode.
Old 2011-02-05, 01:01   Link #43
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i didnt watched the preview the first time, but is quite funny how it looks like accel si annoyed at LO hugging touma's hand.
Old 2011-02-05, 01:30   Link #44
pikachuwei

OP song is horribad, everythign else about the entire episode is fricken awesome
Old 2011-02-05, 01:41   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

To aru majutsu no Index - The 'Home' edition

My God, they actually manage to squeeze everything into this episode! There were alots quick cuts from here to there and back to here again but the director was wise enough to focus on the most important aspect of each scene making each of them count But for once this actually works out because of the set up, even though it's short and fast, it doesn't feel rush at all to me because they are like snippets of a slice-of-life of a day in Academy City.

There are just so many awesome quotes in this episode as well! GAH! I just can't pick a favorite!!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 02:43   Link #46
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

am i the only one who finds the opening awesome?
Old 2011-02-05, 03:07   Link #47
larethian

people like the OP for the Kamijou harem, I guess.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 03:14   Link #48
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
The opening was awesome, no doubt (also GINGA BISHOUNEN FABULOUS TOUMA). But I guess the OP just spoiled those who were not aware about what's going to be happening next in the later episodes (and probably an upcoming season). Well, probably they were thinking "If the viewers aren't aware then we didn't spoil anything, right?" with a smile.

On to the episode... I knew it, this episode would turn the tide in favor for those who love Mikoto's moments with Touma, but for me the more that happens I'm feeling more de-impressed, and it's not because I favor other girls, it's just that things doesn't help to make me recover from the very first bad impression of her I get when she first appeared on screen for the series at whole (Season 1, Episode 1). But the rest of the episode is a-OK. Since this only covers a part of which some of us (or most, if I were not to exaggerate) have translators and novel readers alike as our... um, "informants", I can't say much and probably this will need an evaluation in terms of the whole arc rather than per-episode basis.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 03:34   Link #49
Soraya21

Great episode with lots of characters getting sufficient screentime without making them feel unnecessary or clustered. Liked the Misaka Imouto scenes the most.

About the OP: great, addictive song but the animation really doesn't suit it. The clip with Touma running into the sunset feels way too much like filler space, and Accel vs Kihara was rather lacking in comparison to both Touma's & Mikoto's action scenes. It's like they slapped together whatever clips were available to match the timing of the song.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 04:11   Link #50
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

What gun was Misaka 10032 using at the end?
Old 2011-02-05, 04:25   Link #51
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
What gun was Misaka 10032 using at the end?
The Imoutos are known to carry the FN F2000.

Old 2011-02-05, 04:30   Link #52
Clarste
Human

Shouldn't they be using some brand-new Academy City supergun? I mean, that's like the other half of the point isn't it? They have cleaning robots and they're still using guns from 2001?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 04:35   Link #53
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Shouldn't they be using some brand-new Academy City supergun? I mean, that's like the other half of the point isn't it? They have cleaning robots and they're still using guns from 2001?
The US military, as well as many other armies- still use their M16 since the 70s. Hmmm... Put it this way, 40 years since the invention of the M16 and AK47, assault rifles design hasn't really change. I watched a report once that the only real means of improving the weapon is to improve it's ammunition.

That, and the Imoutos aren't a real fighting force of Academy City so it's not like they get funding, the F2000 might be their version of a cheap weapon with firepower, though it's noted later on that they can't really stand against the firepower of a certain armed organization....
Old 2011-02-05, 04:43   Link #54
tsunade666

Quote:
The guns are only for support. The sisters are still level 3 and military trained clones plus they are over a 10 000. It's not easy to produce high class weapon for all girls.
Old 2011-02-05, 04:53   Link #55
Clarste
Human

Somehow I don't think cost or practicality is anywhere on their list of priorities.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 05:06   Link #56
UNDER_LINE

Quote:
Somehow I don't think cost or practicality is anywhere on their list of priorities.
Pretty sure arming the SISTERS with state-of-the-art super rifles is not a priority either.
UNDER_LINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 05:07   Link #57
iceyfw

i'm like "oh, accelerator got some screentime this time!" and then my fears have come true. accelerator and the devious antics of loli misaka in this episode were the only reasons i managed to watch the whole episode this time. i've skimmed through the past episodes since season two began because it became a bit tedious with toumas preaching + falcon punch in every arc that has a villain in it.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 05:15   Link #58
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol. Best episode all throughout this season. Brilliant. XD
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 05:48   Link #59
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Lol. Best episode all throughout this season. Brilliant. XD
I agree, the best of this season, lots of MisakaXTouma, lots of imoutos, and many accellerator scenes, man, the episode itself is fanservice, it's a good thing though because it was executed well, i have not read the LN so i cannot compare it to the original version.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 06:36   Link #60
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
I think this is the episode many were waiting for, full of Touma and Misaka antics, even has some Accelerator as well...well, this really feels like daily life episode, no huge threat or enemy looming so far, but it's pretty nice. Still, there word 'MISAKA' was uttered about as many as 'de geso' in your average Ika Musume episode, kinda tired about it by the end. Well, that's to be expected with the Sisters.