AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-12, 15:22   Link #81
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 15:31   Link #82
bakaouji

Great second episode. Nike was pretty cool and I'm liking her more with each episode. Its been a while since I've seen a girl with such moxie in a shoujo show. Unlike the king's subjects and his closest confidant, Nike sees through Livius's cold exterior at the heart that's turned to stone when he was cheated out of his mother's love. In such a short time, Nike manages to influence him and bring him out of his shell if even for mere moments.

The only way to teach the uppity prince a lesson is to drag him out of his throne and have him meet his people in person. From what I can tell, he literally conquered the whole world from the comfort of his throne. He's never met people outside his castle.

P.S. Loved the IN song at the end.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 16:07   Link #83
pampz21
ShipCore

Nicesu~
Is it just me or the king's name is easily forgotten; cuz I forgot it already~

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 16:47   Link #84
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Nike is still drawn very inconsistently. Its like the animators cant decide if she should be pretty or plain.

The rain summoning scene is well done. Gave off that epic feel that I was hoping this show would deliver.
Old 2014-04-12, 17:31   Link #85
HandofFate

Amusing how shoujos and joseis are always about girls pairing up with a much older man, or a much younger guy or shota.

Guess lolicon-type desires are equal on both sides. lol.

That being said, enjoying the spunky strong personality of Nike. Better than other submissive shoujos I seen that just let the guy practically rape her and just fall in love with him more.

Rain scene in 02 was good.
I wonder how Nike managed to get up there though.

Last edited by HandofFate; 2014-04-12 at 18:34.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 18:47   Link #86
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Regarding Nike's abilities -- it's not just the ability to make it rain. The Kamaitachi Effect she does in episode 1, despite being anime-original, is already a big clue, but it's the least of what she can use it to do.
Old 2014-04-12, 19:00   Link #87
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

If I hadn't already been sold by ep1, I certainly would have been by ep2. More, please.

Nike's seiyuu Maeda Rena 前田玲奈 is 24, but doesn't have that many credits. She played a role called Machi in Hunter x Hunter, but none of her other four named roles lasted longer than one episode, it appears. Japanese Wikipedia gives her a couple of fashion modeling credits, so I guess she did some of that previously. I like the odd hoarseness in her voice, and she can sing (ED and insert song). She is from Fukuoka, on Kyushu, and graduated from a music college there.

The story and the feeling do remind me of Hanasakeru Seishounen, which the same director did the latter half of, and which I liked a lot.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 21:00   Link #88
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Just finished episode 2 and wow, that Beautiful Rain song was gorgeous! I hope it's in the OP or ED singles or something.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 21:24   Link #89
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Yeah, this episode was even better than the premiere. I think this will mostly focus on the king's psychological scarring, but with the element of rebellious factions, there should be some complexity to the plot as well.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 22:31   Link #90
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

OK, I'm in. That was really spot-on.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 23:28   Link #91
Utsuro no Hako

So magical songs for summoning rain include gratuitous English? You learn something new every day.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 00:52   Link #92
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
OK, I'm in. That was really spot-on.
Darou?

I kinda felt the narrative was a bit too rushed, but that is personal preference of slow moving paced series and the ole gradual buildups kinda thing.

Nevertheless I also really enjoyed ep 2. The ED is lovely, and fade out of the rain song to the beginning of the ED just worked for me.

Nike is awesome, scary and yet sweet and mature all wrapped up in one. ^^
Old 2014-04-13, 01:03   Link #93
XFire
150% done

I realize this isn't going to be a focus of the anime, but can we discuss the fact that she apparently possesses a weaker version of Storms (X-Men) powers in a mundane world? We've already seen her slice apart steel and summon a storm literally from nowhere. If this gets taken to its logical conclusion, she could start throwing hurricanes and tornadoes at anyone she wanted.
Old 2014-04-13, 01:31   Link #94
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Frankly I'm much more interested in the emotional side of her power than the game stats side. I thought it had a real poignancy to it, as presented here.

The character dynamic is really the key to this show for me, in any event. Both Livius and Nike are interesting takes on archetypal characters. It's almost as if we have Ciel Phantomhive with Chamber instead of Sebastian, and a saucy but loving older love interest. And who wouldn't pay to see that?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 01:32   Link #95
leongsh
Daijoubu!

After Episode 2, it looks quite good. Another episode or two to convince me to follow.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 03:22   Link #96
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 12:16   Link #97
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quite enjoyable.

As I was watching it I couldn't help but feel that these first two episodes could be expanded and make a great musical just by themselves. Seems like something perfect for Disney too. A spunky tomboy Princess who teaches a traumatized boy that the world is still beautiful despite the ugliness he has seen. Using the beauty and wonder of the natural world expressed in song to do it.

Actually I was thinking during this episode of how much this reminds me of The Sound Of Music. I mean, doesn't this song describe Nike pretty well? I think one of the reasons I like this anime is because I like The Sound of Music.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 13:29   Link #98
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
So magical songs for summoning rain include gratuitous English? You learn something new every day.
It's the power of the English to summon rain. That's why it rains here so much....!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 15:58   Link #99
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
It's the power of the English to summon rain. That's why it rains here so much....!
Oh yeah. I was going to comment that Nike is obviously from the England equivalent. The Sun King is obviously a reference to France, (especially starting his rule as a youth). A small kingdom across the sea were it rains a lot? Obvious England parallel.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 16:00   Link #100
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Amusing how shoujos and joseis are always about girls pairing up with a much older man, or a much younger guy or shota.
No matter how I look at it, this is shota
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, romance, shoujo