AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-17, 22:49   Link #841
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I would expect fall since it does not seem they are that close to finishing the animation and fall is the is the other big release time (along with spring). So I would expect Fall season, like October but this is just my opinion. I could not say just how far along they are or what release plans they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
When can we preorder this?
Ami Ami would have it, I don't see it now but that had the last one. Check up for pre-orders Gez that poster sure is revealing XD Even more than the Kud one.
Old 2012-04-18, 01:54   Link #842
Shiina
ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!

Hobby Search has got it up for preorder here. And most other places sometime later. I prefer HLJ for magazines but they never stocked Dengeki VA Spring...
Also seems like the next cover is going to be Rewrite and not LB!, according to the rough sketches posted here.

As much as I want to collect these magazines as a Key fan, I'd rather not get caught with those tapestries...
Old 2012-04-20, 23:51   Link #843
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I must say I completely hate how Key always keeps us guessing on every damn thing they do... They avoid giving even the tiniest of deets.

Curse you Key and your selfishness!

Niker

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-04-21, 00:42   Link #844
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niker117 View Post
Curse you Key and your selfishness!
I think we call this "marketing". The best way to build hype over a long period of time is to keep dishing out just enough information to keep people interested all the way until the launch date (and beyond). So I definitely expect this to continue all the way to the end, and this thread wouldn't have nearly as many posts if they had done otherwise. I get your frustration, but overall: well-played.
Old 2012-04-21, 01:07   Link #845
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think we call this "marketing". The best way to build hype over a long period of time is to keep dishing out just enough information to keep people interested all the way until the launch date (and beyond). So I definitely expect this to continue all the way to the end, and this thread wouldn't have nearly as many posts if they had done otherwise. I get your frustration, but overall: well-played.
Besides, it's a lot better than Kadokawa's sadistically cryptic marketing of upcoming entries in the Suzumiya Haruhi anime.
Old 2012-04-21, 12:18   Link #846
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

Send a message via Yahoo to Mithfalath
On another note and a little off-topic, do you think Rewrite will get an anime adaptation as well? I've been rooting for that one.. XD
Old 2012-04-21, 13:03   Link #847
tsunade666

angel be/ I mean rewrite would surely get an anime for sure but it will probably take time and the success/Failure of little buster would probably affect it a LOT.
Old 2012-04-21, 13:15   Link #848
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Rewrite, assuming the game is as good as the others, will likely come out before the end of the decade.
Old 2012-04-21, 15:15   Link #849
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
angel be/ I mean rewrite would surely get an anime for sure but it will probably take time and the success/Failure of little buster would probably affect it a LOT.
well the worst case scenario LB! by JC staff sucks, and then again kyoani saves the say 4 years later doing the good adaptation.
Old 2012-04-21, 15:22   Link #850
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I'm thinking that if JC staff actually do a decent attempt at Little Busters!, Key could use JC to do the Rewrite adaption, and once the Angel Beats! Novel comes out, JC will get a shot to redeem the franchise.

Honestly? I don't think that JC can actually destroy the plot, so it'll just be a matter of the quality of the animation and the way that Key decided to have it adapted.

Cheers;
Niker

Old 2012-04-21, 16:54   Link #851
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
well the worst case scenario LB! by JC staff sucks, and then again kyoani saves the say 4 years later doing the good adaptation.
KyoAni will never touch this franchise... to do it right would be an 18 month investment on their behalf... of course they didn't want to do that.... During the time KyoAni did Clannad and Clannad AS... they only made 1 Lucky Star OVA and 3 episodes of Munto.

2007 October - Clannad Start
2008 March - Clannad End
2008 September- Lucky Star OVA
2008 October - Clannad AS Start
2009 Jan - Sora o Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai Start
2009 March - Sora o Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai End
2009 March - Clannad AS End

I don't know why KEY fans act like KyoAni owe them or something... KyoAni have produced 3 works that have sold far better than any of their KEY related projects... right now they're trying to help Kadokawa find another hit in addition to Haruhi as well as get a franchise they own themselves off the ground.
Old 2012-04-21, 17:10   Link #852
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
KyoAni will never touch this franchise... to do it right would be an 18 month investment on their behalf... of course they didn't want to do that.... During the time KyoAni did Clannad and Clannad AS... they only made 1 Lucky Star OVA and 3 episodes of Munto.

2007 October - Clannad Start
2008 March - Clannad End
2008 September- Lucky Star OVA
2008 October - Clannad AS Start
2009 Jan - Sora o Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai Start
2009 March - Sora o Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai End
2009 March - Clannad AS End

I don't know why KEY fans act like KyoAni owe them or something... KyoAni have produced 3 works that have sold far better than any of their KEY related projects... right now they're trying to help Kadokawa find another hit in addition to Haruhi as well as get a franchise they own themselves off the ground.
Exactly my feelings. KyoAni did a wonderful job but it's not like they were married to Key. They just didn't feel that going on with Key wasn't as beneficial to them as Kodokawa, so they chose the only real option.

Key fans on the other hand feel betrayed and backstabbed and cry-me-a-river. Key now knows how to adapt a visual novel, and since adapting VNs is much easier nowadays, we are less likely to see a Toei debacle. JC isn't a bad studio and honestly, they know the pressure they are under. I'm pretty sure that a destruction of Little Busters! will mean that fans will go batblam against JC, but the animations in Index, kami-memo, etc, aren't half bad.

It's all a matter of HOW they choose to adapt it. Clannad was never fit for a movie, and that ended up horribly wrong. If JC has the funding to do a series like Clannad was, then it'll all be fine.

People will rage at anything, but the thing is that if the story portrays its original intent, it'll be fine by me. I'll watch it at least, and I find the argument that people say "OMG THIS SERIES WILL SUCK JC IS DOING IT IM OUT" is extremely flawed and childish.

Niker

Old 2012-04-21, 18:56   Link #853
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Oh look, this again...
Old 2012-04-21, 23:15   Link #854
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Back on the anime though. I wonder if the OST they'll use will be the Rockstar Busters one...

I'm listening to the original and comparing the songs to the Rockstar Busters, and honestly, the Heroic Combat or however it can be translated, sounds way more anime-ish in the Rockstar Busters version than in the original. The original sounds too PSX...

Just my 2 cents, and wondering what your thoughts are people.

Niker

Old 2012-04-22, 00:47   Link #855
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Some of the Ontology tracks are well arranged, like Run, Slow Curve dive, and er... well I don't have the cd on me currently...

As for Rockstar Busters, I cannot imagine an animated scene where its version of A Light Approaching (Mio's motif) or One Magic Word would fit in a scene. Same goes for Faraway, etc. But I do admit that My Brave Smile and Daygame are uniquely arranged in this album. (the male vocal for Little Busters! would be interesting?)
Old 2012-04-22, 17:09   Link #856
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Oh look, this again...
just like everyone else I scour he forums for news and find out no new updates lol. I just at this point just want to see how the anime turns out.
Old 2012-04-22, 18:10   Link #857
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Looking at Hyouka and hw it has pretty much raised the bars in terms of animation qualitiy I'm very sad right now that LB! won't look this good ;___;
Old 2012-04-22, 18:55   Link #858
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I think we should stop making comparisons to KyoAni as the studio that could've been. JC Staff has done some nice stuff too, but more importantly you're looking to be disappointed if you hype up KyoAni in your mind and want JC Staff to achieve the same standards as the ones you're setting.
Old 2012-04-22, 22:48   Link #859
maximilianjenus
[E]

Yesterday I was watching akira and the ghost in the shell movies, I am very sad knowing that little busters won't look as good, I also watched dragon ball Z earlier and I am sad knowing that little busters won't be given as many episodes as dragon ball z.
Old 2012-04-22, 23:29   Link #860
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Yesterday I was watching akira and the ghost in the shell movies, I am very sad knowing that little busters won't look as good, I also watched dragon ball Z earlier and I am sad knowing that little busters won't be given as many episodes as dragon ball z.
For one thing like busters won't have 300 episodes like DBZ nor will it be as sort to have a movie like budget...We don't really know what the quality will be like until we see a trailer by them and get the amount of episodes.
Closed Thread

Tags
anime game, little busters