AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-27, 16:57   Link #24621
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
... and Touma is a lot stronger than what he looks like, one of his knee strikes could break a knife made of bone. Man that scene was so badass.
when was this? what volume?
Old 2013-03-27, 16:58   Link #24622
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
when was this? what volume?
Volume 17, Airplane hijack.
Old 2013-03-27, 17:01   Link #24623
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

^Hmmm...I need to re-read that volume then as I don't remember that part. Was it when he was fighting the terrorist in the cargo hold? Also, if he can use his knees like that then he should take up Muay Thai. *starts to imagine Touma (replacing Apachi) kneeing assassins*
Old 2013-03-27, 17:11   Link #24624
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
He doesn't regenerate all the time though, it happens mostly when he's "DEADly" injured. Otherwise he shouldn't be KO-ed in hand to hand combat so easily.
I don't know if regeneration means uninterrupted consciouness. If someone gets hit on the head he can go unconscious even without having suffered any damage, it can be a simple "precaution" taken by the brain. It then takes some time to "restart" itself.

... Of course, it's not like I have a real life example of supernatural regeneration that I can use...
Old 2013-03-27, 17:45   Link #24625
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
If tsuchimikado can hit him or if it connects. the current touma can't be hit that easily. If you look at his previews fights. his been hit less this time in NT. Since the revelation of his precog ability.
I can image this .....

Tsuchimikado : Show me what you got .. TOUMA !!!!

Touma :TSUCHIMIKADO!!!!!

Spoiler for The Final Battle of MGS F!!Re:Stupidity ( Misforunate Guy Stuck in Tokiwadai Fu Kou Da):
Old 2013-03-27, 18:13   Link #24626
FallenHero

I have a theory that I've been pondering for a while about the Parameter List. I think it has an alternate purpose besides determining who is the most worthy of receiving resources. I think the vast number of Level 0s created was so not much to save resources, but to hide Touma.

According to Komoe, Level 0s are an anomaly in the system and yet they compose 60% of all the Espers. Since Level 0s are the majority and thought to be useless, it makes it pretty easy and convenient to hide an anomaly like Touma. Imagine how much attention Touma would receive if most of those dropouts were at least at 1.

I just find it too much of a coincidence that there was a mass of anomalies he could hide amongst that happened to share certain similarities with him ability wise. (passive power, undetectable, noticeable only in certain situations)

Anyway, what do you guys think?
Old 2013-03-27, 18:40   Link #24627
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenHero View Post
I have a theory that I've been pondering for a while about the Parameter List. I think it has an alternate purpose besides determining who is the most worthy of receiving resources. I think the vast number of Level 0s created was so not much to save resources, but to hide Touma.

According to Komoe, Level 0s are an anomaly in the system and yet they compose 60% of all the Espers. Since Level 0s are the majority and thought to be useless, it makes it pretty easy and convenient to hide an anomaly like Touma. Imagine how much attention Touma would receive if most of those dropouts were at least at 1.

I just find it too much of a coincidence that there was a mass of anomalies he could hide amongst that happened to share certain similarities with him ability wise. (passive power, undetectable, noticeable only in certain situations)

Anyway, what do you guys think?
what i think is that you can come with pretty reasonable statements which could make sense. now that i look at it, it does seem kinda suspicious that there are so many level zero as if aleister crowley is trying to keep touma hidden from probably future antagonist that wants touma right arm and we already seen evidence from that in i think it was NT4?
Old 2013-03-27, 21:43   Link #24628
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

But isn't Touma under Aliester's personal protection? Also, I thought that the parameter list determined a person's level based on their DNA maps?
Old 2013-03-27, 22:30   Link #24629
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I doubt it's based on dna map, because if it is, all the misaka clone will be level 5 instead of 3 and 4.
Old 2013-03-27, 22:38   Link #24630
FallenHero

Quote:
But isn't Touma under Aliester's personal protection? Also, I thought that the parameter list determined a person's level based on their DNA maps?
First Answer: He is. I'm theorizing that the creation of all these Level 0s had a purpose beyond saving resources and that this is an another measure of protection. If you want to hide a tree, plant it in a forest. I think Aleister had long since planned to have Touma or rather Imagine Breaker placed within the walls of his city for a very long time. It would be incredibly difficult to hide him if he was the only Level 0.

Second Answer: I think the Parameter List determines a person's potential level and how much effort it would take to reach it.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if the Parameter List has what Touma's true Esper level and power is. I know Imagine Breaker is not an Esper ability, but he still went through the Power Curriculum Program and thus makes him an Esper.
Old 2013-03-27, 22:44   Link #24631
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenHero View Post

Second Answer: I think the Parameter List determines a person's potential level and how much effort it would take to reach it.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if the Parameter List has what Touma's true Esper level and power is. I know Imagine Breaker is not an Esper ability, but he still went through the Power Curriculum Program and thus makes him an Esper.
Uh, no for this. If parameter list is only potential, there's no way it can be used to blackmail AC. Parameter list is judgement. Once you're deemed as a certain level, you're considered to be that level forever. There's no use in wasting money to level you up, because as far as the higher up is concerened, there's no way for you to bypass the level in parameter list.
Old 2013-03-27, 23:37   Link #24632
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Uh, no for this. If parameter list is only potential, there's no way it can be used to blackmail AC. Parameter list is judgement. Once you're deemed as a certain level, you're considered to be that level forever. There's no use in wasting money to level you up, because as far as the higher up is concerened, there's no way for you to bypass the level in parameter list.
true its the judgment of academy city that your deem to become like that and its a waste of time and money to even try but there is a set of event that can let you help to overcome it but its more dangerous and life threatening and talking about wild changes.

It happen on Rikou when she was deemed possible to evolve into level 5 and become the ultimate form of the academy city power curriculum program. She isn't supposedly had the potential to become a level 5 but after all the trouble she gone through. Drugged body, working for the dark side of the academy, killing, getting betrayed and chased, getting targeted, falling in love, going to russia and becoming a part of the war.

There are lots of development and trials that happen on Rikou at after being cured and the battle against black ops of academy city. An operative that has the parameter list reveal that Rikou can become a level 5.

But for her to surpass the judgement or verdict of parameter list. The trials she under go is hard and insane.
Old 2013-03-28, 00:27   Link #24633
FallenHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami
My comment never made mention about being able to surpass the level Parameter List has predicted. I do however feel I gave a too vague explanation for what I was trying to convey. The following is an expansion of my previous comment about the Parameter List to make myself more clear. I am not arguing against you as I agree with your post, but is trying to clarify what I meant.

I think the Parameter List determines a person's potential level and how much effort it would take to reach it. Not everyone has the potential to become a high level Esper. The effort or resources needed to reach the same level would be different for each person. Two people can both have the potential to reach the same level, but the one to receive the time and resources would be the one that can reach it the most efficiently. A level 1 that can become a Level 5 is not worth anything if they need an absurd amount of resources to level up.
Old 2013-03-28, 00:42   Link #24634
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I think the time factors plays a bigger role than money; recalling back to the Sister Arc, the one factor that is holding Accelerator back from becoming a Level 6 is that it would take over 200 years for him to level up.

It might take a Hamazura 500 years to become a Level 5... And not just because he is a Hamazura.
Old 2013-03-28, 02:40   Link #24635
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

I just want to know. Since when has Hamazura become his own species? I ask this based on how you guys refer to him sometimes. Kinda like how Hideyoshi is his own unique, separate gender.
Old 2013-03-28, 03:16   Link #24636
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Because he's an oddball, a freaking irregular that shouldn't do what he does. He's got nothing special unlike Touma or Accel yet, he can do things both can't. A total loser who wins more than he should ... the Hamadura!
Old 2013-03-28, 03:25   Link #24637
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hamazura - A specie of unwanted protagonists that has mutated from common rabble.
Old 2013-03-28, 03:31   Link #24638
desrtsku
Nympholept

Tch ... all the guests disappeared when the Hamadura talk began, those bastards!
Old 2013-03-28, 04:00   Link #24639
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

People don't understand that you would be denying Hamazura's purpose if you start to accept him *shake head* He is suppose to be the hero nobody wanted or expected.
Old 2013-03-28, 05:20   Link #24640
tsunade666

Even Aleister find Hamazura a mystery for he is the one who destroy the destiny

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen