AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-06, 23:11   Link #441
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
FiRe_RoSe82: Seems like they're gonna compress three volumes worth of back story in just a couple of episodes, which makes me wonder, how will they end this if the anime will be only 26 episodes long?

Oh, and
Spoiler:
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 10:31   Link #442
FiRe_RoSe82
SaKuRa-HiMe

Send a message via Yahoo to FiRe_RoSe82
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowClone
FiRe_RoSe82: Seems like they're gonna compress three volumes worth of back story in just a couple of episodes, which makes me wonder, how will they end this if the anime will be only 26 episodes long?

Oh, and
Spoiler:
I've never read the manga (come to think of it I've never read any manga ) but hopefully the relevant parts will remain.
Spoiler:
FiRe_RoSe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 15:56   Link #443
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorosama
Anyone seen the latest episode? What's going on now since all i have are the fansubbed ones? I've read the manga so i'd just like to know where they are at.
Hmm I've seen up to episode 10. The major fight at the bowling palace has just ended and we're getting sme background info now on the Natsume and Takanayagi family
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 16:37   Link #444
rorosama

I was talking about the latest one aired. It should be at episode 15 or so.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 15:41   Link #445
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Otaku
Spoiler:
SPOILER FILLED

Are you KIDDING? They BANGED in the manga.

Hmm.. well anyways, up to the present manga chapter, it is entirely obvious that Maya is pretty much in love with Mitsuomi in the manga. She's always looking at his picture and when Aya spots it, she hides the picture away like an embarassed kid (You know, it makes sense when she's only 17, but I can't come to terms that she's that young and HOT).

Sadly, this is probably how the story would play out; with Maya back with Mitsuomi, Aya with Souchiiro, Masataka with that new girl in the manga... so forth. I liked the first hints of a triangle love between Maya-Aya-Souchiiro, but the addition of Mitsuomi ruined it all. Now we're just WAITING to see how the two will come back together. It's only a matter of time, she's got the hots for him, as seen by what she said, and what happened in the past.

In Tengo Tenge, I particularly liked the past story arc. I mean, I believe TenTen has a pretty weak storyline that's just almost 100% ad lib, freestyle without proper planning (which explains why it gets more ridiculous each episode/chapter), but the Shin story arc was really nice. It carried the theme of incest but they never got to consummate anything. Maya also didn't exactly have the same feelings towards Shin, and she was falling for Mitsuomi pretty hard and fast. That stung me.

Shin's madness and devotion is not a new concept in manga, but it was very well executed nonetheless. I loved his madness and rage, and how it all ended so incredibly tragically. Although this story arc doesn't fit into the whole of the story perfectly (what the hell? Maya wants to defeat Mitsuomi because he killed Shin? He didn't! ) since there are many inconsistent factors, it was a really beautiful, though heartwrenching episode. I was pretty moved by it.

Right now I don't really have much expectations of TenTen... I don't really like Mitsuomi not because of his gay tights and looks, but because of him being a real biatch :P Maya's also the "main" girl of the anime/manga, since the artist frequently features her in colored art but much less of Aya, mainly because Maya's much, much hotter than Aya. Hm.

I hope the plot has some improvement. The art is too good to be wasted.

Last edited by arias; 2004-07-08 at 19:41.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 22:48   Link #446
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Although this story arc doesn't fit into the whole of the story perfectly (what the hell? Maya wants to defeat Mitsuomi because he killed Shin?
There's this thing called fate. The ghosts of the past haunt the present. It may not fit perfectly, but it fits nevertheless. Regarding Maya's desire to defeat Mitsuomi--well, it's kind of confusing, but a discussion with some of the folks who've read the manga helped to a certain degree.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 19:09   Link #447
Silent Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
SPOILER FILLED
I hope the plot has some improvement. The art is too good to be wasted.
Spoiler:

I personally think that what coming ahead is going to outdue the Past Arc. But there are many people who felt the The Zeinteh point of this Manga was the past arc, and theres nothing wrong with that. I wonder if Oh Great plans on doing more Tenjo Tenge stuff or if he'll got back to his Silky Whip Style at then end of this.
Silent Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 20:49   Link #448
arias

Hmm.. ok.

Anyways, I was just dribbling my thoughts and wondered.. perhaps Masataka will become the "strongest member of the Jyuuken club", Bob will join Mitsuomi and eventually lead Mitsuomi's group (Enforcement group? Hmm?), and Nagi will join his father's group and lead that group.

Just speculation. But it'd be quite, quite interesting.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 09:04   Link #449
kujoe
from head to heel

In my opinion, the best candidates for "the strongest member of the Jyuukenbu" are Nagi and Bob. Some people see a big possibility that it can actually be Bob, and not Nagi as we're first led to believe. My reason for counting out Masataka in that equation is because, first and foremost, he's the narrator in that scene--which implies a form of detachment that can only be displayed by a speaking subject. He's the one that says that line. Heck, it could turn out to be Aya for all we know. (After all, she possesses the Dragon's Eye.)
Old 2004-07-11, 16:15   Link #450
rorosama

From the current chapter, who do you all thinks the strongest of the jyuuken? Still maya? Or nagi. People keep saying it could be masataka but all he did so for was finish off worn out enemies. What about nagi who go's super saiyan with black hair. Or aya who seems to have the potential to be the strongest with her dragon eye. Or still maya who full strength hasn't been seen yet. Only one for sure who's still unfortunately not the strongest is bob. I like him so i hope he gets even stronger.
Old 2004-07-11, 23:48   Link #451
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
From the current chapter, who do you all thinks the strongest of the jyuuken?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Only one for sure who's still unfortunately not the strongest is bob. I like him so i hope he gets even stronger.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-12, 23:06   Link #452
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 06:47   Link #453
Silent Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie
Spoiler:
Another way of looking at is that Mitsuomi's expectations of Masataka are way to high. Sure at Masataka's age, Mitsuomi was already on top at the school and in the Takayanagi Clan. But Mitsuomi was personally trained & groomed for it. Another way of looking at is maybe Mitsuomi doesn't want Masataka to be involved (Brotherly Love). From the latest chapters it seems alot of people want Masataka to stay out of trouble and not be like Mitsuomi.
Old 2004-07-19, 10:58   Link #454
xris
Just call me Ojisan

To many people are asking where to download this series. If you do or not is entirely up to you but please be aware it is licensed and in the forum rules we ask people not to make such requests.

Please do not discuss fansubs or scanlations in any way. If anyone asks for these again (or announces a new release, asks who the fansub group is, anything of this nature), they will banned, simple as that. No warnings, just a ban...

P.S. Obviously you may discuss the story line and content of the series (otherwise this thread and a lot of the others in the DVD & Licensed forum would have been entirely removed). What you are not allowed to do (if you bother to read the forum rules) is discuss where to find licensed material, so nothing about licensed fansubs or the such like.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 17:50   Link #455
rorosama

I got 2 of my replys deleted? I was just dicussing the show. Not where/how/who fansubs them.
Old 2004-07-19, 20:41   Link #456
Shinkusanagi

Send a message via MSN to Shinkusanagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
To many people are asking where to download this series. If you do or not is entirely up to you but please be aware it is licensed and in the forum rules we ask people not to make such requests.

Please do not discuss fansubs or scanlations in any way. If anyone asks for these again (or announces a new release, asks who the fansub group is, anything of this nature), they will banned, simple as that. No warnings, just a ban...

P.S. Obviously you may discuss the story line and content of the series (otherwise this thread and a lot of the others in the DVD & Licensed forum would have been entirely removed). What you are not allowed to do (if you bother to read the forum rules) is discuss where to find licensed material, so nothing about licensed fansubs or the such like.

Sorry about that. I never read the forum rules when i joined.
Shinkusanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 06:38   Link #457
Silent Otaku

I heard this week, that Japanese broadcast was going to take a week off. Is this true?
Old 2004-07-23, 08:09   Link #458
oDin01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Otaku
I heard this week, that Japanese broadcast was going to take a week off. Is this true?
It didn't air last week. I'm pretty sure a new episode aired this week.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 10:02   Link #459
Silent Otaku

Just saw Episode 16

My Reaction = WTF?????

Its seems that the story is going to the part where the Past Arc orginally started, but it's happening in the middle of the Past arc. Having Maya be the narrator of the past arc (instead of Tawara) makes thing more confusing than they need to be.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-30, 14:39   Link #460
StriderSX

for ep 17, what chapter are they currently on, or chapter 16 if no one has seen the raw
StriderSX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, seinen