AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

View Poll Results: Pumpkin Scissors Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 4 17.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 21.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 47.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-28, 20:42   Link #21
Cyz
"Show it to me"

An interesting ep. Septieme has an easy happy go lucky attitude....or was it just a spoiled brat? Anyway, her BG story is a little tragic and dark. I mean, what kind of a family was that? But still, I can't say that it doesn't exist though. Machs really hit a jackpot this time. Who would've thought that his first kiss is from a princess. I was smiling when she suddenly kissed Machs. It's like saying: "You are mine and mine alone. I'll be back for you" kinda thing.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-12-29, 07:46   Link #22
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ well he certainally beats whatever girl orled can pick up from the streets picking up a princess is just golden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
Yeah, I want to know too, she seem to display the classic, "I'm-pretending-to-tease-you-by-stranglation-because-really-im-jealous-and-i-want-to-punish-you-HARD" kinda fixed smile on her face.

Ah, i love those types of females, especially since that red hair lass, is the "laid-back/cool" type.
plus when she was leaning on Mach, you can really see she has some fine pair of puppies.....
noticed that too...but i dont think they will go far :/ machs is already taken!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-29, 10:51   Link #23
Kensuke

Yes, a filler episode (or so it would seem at first) but a good one, pure enjoyment. Chiwa Saito is awesome, even I recognized her voice.

Pumpkin Scissors is getting better with these last three episodes, and I'm really startting to get hooked to this series.
Old 2006-12-29, 12:45   Link #24
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Was half expecting Hazuki to show up, bite the unfortunate bloke then declare that he's now her familiar

She got a pretty good deal with Machs though. The moment he musters out of the army he's going to get the job of advisor, body guard [wasn't expecting him to get ahead while outnumbered and lighter than the opposition], poison tester and moral compass to a ruthless and cunning little demoness.

I get the feeling that the girl always gets what she wants...
Old 2006-12-29, 12:52   Link #25
Skane
Anime Snark

That was one of the best parts of the episode. Machs showing that he was really a soldier who knows how to beat untrained thugs in unarmed combat. He's a Sgt Major after all.

Cheers.
Old 2006-12-30, 09:57   Link #26
Trax
Rock beats scissors

A little break from the plot again, unfortunately... But on the flip side, I thought this episode was rather enjoyable, with some very funny moments. Just hope they don't stuff in more fillers though.
Old 2006-12-31, 13:59   Link #27
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Oh god... Septieme-sama is pushing me down the slippery slope of loli-con >_<

It may be just me but at some moments Septieme reminds me of Rhode Camelot... especially that slightly eye-half-closed sly look she has after kissing Machs

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2007-01-01, 01:37   Link #28
Lost

An above-average filler that was enjoyable until the middle, when it started to take itself seriously by attempting to introduce Septieme's anguish at the hot-dog stand.

It was too rushed—I felt that Mach's flare-up was unbelievable, because it really wasn't in his character to yell at a hapless Septieme just because of what she wanted to do to the vendor (even if she called S.S. III's reputation into question), furthermore, this considering that he had not showed the slightest bit of irritance to her manipulative ways previously. So with the whole premise on which the "action" started flawed in my opinion, the rest that followed wasn't too good.

It had its good points tho. What I liked the most here was how Machs knew what to do when she hesitated before eating the hot-dog. I didnt realise it at all' it showed that Mach's had that in mind all the time. So kudos to some Machs development! It also showed Septieme's vulnerablity. The world really does turn on moe doesnt it?

And yes, I do feel sad for Septieme, haveing to live in a constant competition (for her right to live, no less!) and losing ones dear to her if she got weak. Hee hee, Septieme's admirable. Now she knows how to take advantage of peoples' hearts, which is more than what taking advantage of their fears would ever get her. I like that kind of girl.

Yes, Dk, I thought I was looking at Gin most of the time too.
Old 2007-01-01, 01:40   Link #29
Skane
Anime Snark

Well... when you think about it, there are a lot coincidental RM similarities, such as the fact that there are seven siblings, and they're all 'playing' a game to see who gets to be the King/Queen.

Narf.
Old 2007-01-01, 01:54   Link #30
Lost

Good thought.
Old 2007-01-01, 04:48   Link #31
Mentar
Banned

Mhh, I don't think I can agree to that, Lost. In the past, Machs has demonstrated a flaring temper before, and seeing Septieme blackmail the hot dog booth owner with S.S.3's name can definitely be enough to set him off. Heck, as you see, Machs was even reluctant to use his S.S.3 background to ask for a peek in the registration lists for booth owners. We also know that his identification with S.S.3 has become very high in the meantime. And then you see a little brat seriously soil your reputation, in what is a criminal act too, by the way? I'd have been surprised if he had NOT reacted so strongly.

Also, what Septieme has learned is _not_ to take advantage of other people's hearts, but something entirely different: It's that not taking advantage of other people's weaknesses at all (which means exploiting a weakness from a position of strength), but that rather negotiating in good faith, might actually yield her a bigger benefit. In other words, don't pound on someone's weakness for a small advantage, but deal with him fairly for a bigger one. That's an entirely different approach with an entirely different mindset.

I'm not sure if we're gonna see her again, but I'd love to
Old 2007-01-01, 06:02   Link #32
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Yes, Dk, I thought I was looking at Gin most of the time too.
great so im not oblivious after all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'm not sure if we're gonna see her again, but I'd love to
you know...thats exactally what i was thinking reading the 2nd part of your post...hahaha ~ ok its not a laughing matter

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-01, 07:14   Link #33
Lost

@Mentar:

True, what you say about the importance of S.S. III to Machs. Yet he just strikes me as a very mild-tempered guy (non-confrontational with his corrupted superiors in episode 10), and likewise thruout this episode, which was probably why his flare-up seemed forced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Also, what Septieme has learned is _not_ to take advantage of other people's hearts, but something entirely different: It's that not taking advantage of other people's weaknesses at all (which means exploiting a weakness from a position of strength), but that rather negotiating in good faith, might actually yield her a bigger benefit. In other words, don't pound on someone's weakness for a small advantage, but deal with him fairly for a bigger one. That's an entirely different approach with an entirely different mindset.
In that case Machs did her a disfavour. She won't last long in Loderia with that kind of "fair-play" mindset. I like to think that she really has retained her edge, but now she doesnt do it for, like you said, small advantages, but for the big things (Furthermore, her butler said that he couldn't teach her anymore, what do you think he had been teaching her all along? Certainly not to play fair, I don't think). Of course, I'd like to see Septieme again.
Old 2007-01-01, 08:19   Link #34
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

The way I see this, Septieme isn't going to play the same game with people who think poison and assassination are fair. Doesn't make sense if she knows that they are going to screw her over in an instant.

What she probably would look for are poor saps like Alice or Machs. A crew of jolly idiots that'll fight tooth and nail for her if they happen to be on her side. What is the value of someone willing to do this without fear or bullying? Of course, she has to give something in return- say a source of incriminating evidence or a royal kiss

Methinks her siblings will be in for a horrid shock in a few years time.
Old 2007-02-09, 01:33   Link #35
ECFNW

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-09, 01:37   Link #36
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECFNW View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
She's using it as a metaphor. Pay close attention to the conversations she had with Machs earlier in the episode.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-16, 15:13   Link #37
Hunter Nin.

With fillers like this who gives a damn about the main story arc? This was a thoroughly enjoyable episode and was pulled off really well in comparison to what we have seen before.
Closed Thread