AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-12-10, 17:28   Link #121
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
A long walk while shopping is a good exercise.... Enjoying will divert you from resting....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 18:49   Link #122
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
A long walk while shopping is a good exercise.... Enjoying will divert you from resting....
..Did my fiancé send you!? Fess up right now!

Outlook is negative
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 18:54   Link #123
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post

So since a new year will soon be upon us .. and in the interim many of us will be pigging out on festive treats and feasts .. I thought I'd bring up the topic of fitness and exercise!

So my fiance ran a half-marathon 2-3 months ago and has been bugging me about getting back into an exercise routine and eating healthier. I'm fairly confident in my health and appearance but will readily admit that I'm nowhere near the level of fitness I was even a few years ago.

Here's to a healthier start to the holidays and mayhap some new routines into the new year!

Reply hazy, ask again later
Haha, New Year goals to get healthier. I myself haven't exercising in my fall semester in college. Well that is due to having 6 courses in one semester. It got quite annoying a 1 week ago on my checkup that my doctor said I need to find time to exercise despite me being healthy weight and my muscle mass taking up 62 percent of my whole weight. I say, do these doctors think we can find time to exercise in any situation?

My typical workout is 3 hour weight training and a 1 hour cardiovascular exercise per day leaving the weekends to recover.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 19:01   Link #124
DorkingtonPugsly

Recently I've found my health declining quite rapidly, and since I'm still very young I decided I'd go back to doing pushups, situps, running, and weights. I have a bad habit of dropping the exercise routines after a couple of weeks or months, and then some time later I go back to it again. I find that no matter what I do, I don't gain much muscle and I feel like my efforts are wasted. And since I'm low on free time I feel like I'm wasting it. But any exercise is better than none right? I guess I'll try harder again.
Old 2012-12-10, 19:08   Link #125
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
Recently I've found my health declining quite rapidly, and since I'm still very young I decided I'd go back to doing pushups, situps, running, and weights. I have a bad habit of dropping the exercise routines after a couple of weeks or months, and then some time later I go back to it again. I find that no matter what I do, I don't gain much muscle and I feel like my efforts are wasted. And since I'm low on free time I feel like I'm wasting it. But any exercise is better than none right? I guess I'll try harder again.
Keep trying. as long as you put effort you will see results. When I first started working out, I only saw noticeable improvement a month in. Sometime it helps to repeat your goal in your head to keep at it. I recommend at least 6 different exercise for each body part of weight lifting. My routine is generally the same: Monday is chest and triceps, Tuesday: Biceps and Shoulders, Wednesday is back, abs, and legs and Thursday is everything but not as extreme as the days I work on. Each day I will weight lift 3 hours and then 1 hour of cardiovascular exercise. Friday, Saturday. and Sunday are rest days.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 19:11   Link #126
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Depends, if you are not used to it, or train wrongly you end up hurting your body. Once you have damaged parts of your body (e.g. joints) its often a chronic condition that you have to deal with the rest of your life.

Hence, whenever you do sports that are meant for gaining muscle, do it right.
Old 2012-12-10, 19:32   Link #127
Miraluka
Banned

Try using the stairs more often. Its a good exercise, I do that and go the gym(when I'm not busy or lazy)...I never get fat no matter how much I eat, though, but I guess that's because of my genes. Still... I'm not careless about my own health, and nobody should...
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 23:36   Link #128
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
What's your diet like? While some people can put on muscle eating any which way, for most of us, you have to have a clean diet with lots of protein to actually add muscle mass.

Either way, the health benefits of exercise are beyond simply getting jacked, even if it is a nice side goal.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 23:42   Link #129
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
..Did my fiancé send you!? Fess up right now!
Seems you don't like going window shopping...

Anything, walking is the safest, simplest form of exercise... or you could do swimming.. but I can't swim so I'll stick to walking....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
health, weightlifting