AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-22, 00:05   Link #761
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

I think part of it is Jessica's birth means Krauss has an heir, which more or less screws up her plan to stay in the family register and jockey for the headship because she had George and Natsuhi and Krauss had nothing. They basically ruined her plans, which might explain why she's so rude to Natsuhi.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 01:03   Link #762
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Of course it stems from Krauss, but the qualities that she belittles about Jessica are the very same that she has. That's where the hypocrisy lies.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 01:19   Link #763
Shamisen
Talking Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
I think part of it is Jessica's birth means Krauss has an heir, which more or less screws up her plan to stay in the family register and jockey for the headship because she had George and Natsuhi and Krauss had nothing. They basically ruined her plans, which might explain why she's so rude to Natsuhi.
This. Agreed. It more or less said this during EP 1, I think.
Shamisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 07:08   Link #764
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well that's totally unreasonable anyway, it's not like any other woman would have done any different, and there's certainly nothing wrong on providing a heir to a husband.

The hatred Eva bears toward Natsuhi is completely irrational, and unconsciously chauvinist (yes she admit it herself).

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 10:21   Link #765
Kitsu
The unlucky one

She thinks that George, hideyoshi and herself(her side) are superior than Krauss's family, just because. she doesn't have proper arguments why she hates Natsuhi and wants to blame things soley on her. It's just like this

Natsuhi (who will be the heads wife) < Hideyoshi (who is her husband and should be in the main family)
Old 2009-07-22, 10:24   Link #766
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

And in the first place she should have been removed from the family register the moment she married Hidoyoshi. It was only because Krauss and Natsuhi couldn't bear a child before Eva and Hideyoshi could that she managed to manipulate the situation to keep her, Hideyoshi and George in the official family roster.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 11:36   Link #767
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku View Post
I'm putting out a request because I personally can't do it, but does anybody think they could make a list of all the significant theories there are right now, to see what their outcomes are over the next few answer arcs.

I'm talking about stuff like Kanon = Shannon, Rosa being Battler's mother, Jessica = Beatrice etc.
I'll try my hand and it. I've been wanting something similar (all red text in one document).

I will go each episode thread, search "Theory". Post links to individual posts whilst also writing a small summary of the theory.
EDIT:

Can't do this right now. It's alot of work.

One crazy B****

Last edited by Avisch; 2009-07-22 at 12:36.
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 12:25   Link #768
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

that's going to be an incredibly crazy job. The theories that have been proposed so far are endless. But I guess you can reduce the number by eliminating the ones that were considered highly improbable by the majority of posters.

Old 2009-07-22, 12:29   Link #769
Ninjacrat

For theory reference: This page tends more towards 'cracky' theories, but it hits a lot of the big ones too.
Ninjacrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 12:44   Link #770
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Yay! my post is in there!

I think another major theory is the theory of the Killer MILFs

First Ep = Natsuhi
Second Ep = Rosa
Third Ep = Eva
Forth Ep = Kyrie

Than there is the theory that Amakusa was paid by Okonogi and killed Kasumi and co. and then Ange.

Quote:
Rena is another one of the servants at the Ushiromiya mansion.
What the...
and about the Kanon/Shannon theory
Quote:
I'm haunted by the image of them waking up every morning and asking: "Who wants to be the maid today?"
What? Shit...rofl...

Some of the theories on that page are fine but some are....("Sakutarou mauled everyone to death") were a bit ...uhm... Also many of the "better" theories lack evidence and elaboration.
Old 2009-07-22, 12:49   Link #771
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Some of the theories there are completely denied by red truths.

Like the theory that Battler is just a figment of Maria's imagination.

Old 2009-07-22, 12:52   Link #772
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Like I said. Some are really silly, some are inlogical, some are already denied, some are made up out of thin air and some are fine.
Old 2009-07-22, 13:44   Link #773
Ninjacrat

Good job pointing out that 'Sakutaro is the killer' is a silly theory. I'm sure none of them would have noticed otherwise.
Ninjacrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 13:52   Link #774
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjacrat View Post
Good job pointing out that 'Sakutaro is the killer' is a silly theory. I'm sure none of them would have noticed otherwise.
Are you kidding me? I found almost all of those theories/speculation ridiculous. "Rena is a maid on Rokkenjima?" "Beato is the only compassionate person?" "Jessica is Beatrice (The theory itself is fine, but the reasons weren't. )?" Wow...I'm still not convienced about Shannon=Kanon...
Old 2009-07-22, 13:54   Link #775
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Of course!!! I just put an "serious" example first (the people seemed to ment it serious but it was rather ehehehehehe) , then one which is rather...there wasn't good elaboration and the person made fun of his own theory and then the the sill one.

Btw..I still believe Sakutaro is the killer, because Higurashi="Killer lolis" and everyone says Umineko="Killer MILFs" but the truth is Umineko="Killer Shota" -shot-

Another major theory that always one of the siblings or in-laws represents a stake. (and that the seven children always represent one virtue). but there is also the one which says 7 of all the 17 people are representig the stakes. For example Kanon=Satan (wrath)
Old 2009-07-22, 14:54   Link #776
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Ooooh crack theories. I'll take this opportunity to throw mine into the pile.

I definitely have an anti-mystery slant, so I'll let everyone else guess at the killer(s); this is moreso to do with the metaworld dynamic and meta-Battler vs meta-Beato (or maybe... metaBattlerXmetaBeato ). Been a bit hesitant to post partially because the concepts could be really confusing and partially because I'm actually scared I might be on the right track thematically. If nothing else I think it's fairly plausible.

Spoiler for Crack kills.:
Old 2009-07-22, 15:30   Link #777
Keriaku
Thought Being

This is why I meant that the list should only compile theories that are prominent and actually have some chance of being partly right as we start to dive into the answer arcs.

Avisch had the right idea, but ended up agreeing with me that it is a lot of work to go through everything. Do people know some off the top of their heads?

We don't even need description, I'd be happy enough with just a list like:

- Kanon = Shannon
- Jessica = Beatrice, Kumasawa = Virgillia

etc.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 16:09   Link #778
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

What about...

Jessica = Beatrice = Battler's mother?! Think about it <_< Although that would make a bit of a Oedipus drama... Without the killing father part that is. Ehe~
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 16:10   Link #779
Kitsu
The unlucky one

then there

Kanon= unkown demon or Beatrice
Shannon= Gaap
Genji= Ronove
Kumasawa = Virgilia
Gohda=Goats

then there is

Stakes=Parents
Siestas=Winchesters
Kyrie=Battler's mother (it's major theory don't throw stones at me, becuase of that misccariage thing)
Eva=Not the culprit of the 3rd game
Shannon=2nd game culprit (likewise there is a rosa version)
Jessica killed George, called Battler and then shot herself in the head (Winchester flings away because of the repulsion and is hiddenbecause of that (under the bed for example) (forth game)
Kyrie=some kinda mastermind behind everything
Juuza=Killer of Ange, Kasumi and co.
Old!Ep3!Eva really being murdered(not by the russians though )
The whole games just being in Battler's head
Battler killing his "own" mom, Asumo (his sin)
Kyrie killing Asumo
Natsuhi=Beatrice (deeply wounded by Beatrice and timeline...almost dead theory)
there is still way more

Quote:
Jessica = Beatrice = Battler's mother?! Think about it <_< Although that would make a bit of a Oedipus drama... Without the killing father part that is. Ehe~
Okay that's just ew. I mean Beatrice being Battler's mom okay fine...but Jessica being Battler's mom is more ew and plain illogical they are the same age, it's just impossible. The whole Jessica=Beatrice annoys me cause if Ryukishi still sails with Beatrice(who is jessi)xBattler... -.- .... ToT
Old 2009-07-22, 16:15   Link #780
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Okay that's just ew. I mean Beatrice being Battler's mom okay fine...but Jessica being Battler's mom is more ew and plain illogical they are the same age, it's just impossible. The whole Jessica=Beatrice annoys me cause if Ryukishi still sails with Beatrice(who is jessi)xBattler... -.- .... ToT
Hahaha, I was just joking ^^'
But if that were to be the truth it would probably be the perfect "USO DA!"
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote