Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-06, 06:22   Link #1381
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
Well, MadoMagi has to blame themselves for trying to be greedy to let both girls try for a 1-2 finish to which they failed badly.
Yeah. However, this was in retrospect, a good thing that happened to them. This was the wake-up call that got them to start taking things seriously. And they are.

It doesn't mean anything about anyone else's true strength though.

Quote:
I doubt so. Base on the results so far, you should know that very heavy sniping have been very evident and that they ARE trying their best.
Nah. Saki girls made up 9/32 of the girls in round 3. That's more than a quarter of the girls. Compare that with 3/32 of the girls for MadoMagi. The situation has yet to warrant Saki going all out.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-10-06, 06:27   Link #1382
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Who's winning right now so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Yeah. However, this was in retrospect, a good thing that happened to them. This was the wake-up call that got them to start taking things seriously. And they are.

It doesn't mean anything about anyone else's true strength though.
Not completely imo. As for Saki not giving their all, will it be enough to gain victory against PMMM if they finally do it full force? We'll see. But as for now I predict a PMMM > Saki.
Old 2013-10-06, 06:40   Link #1383
Subayai

Quote:
I know that Yuu is gonna lose so I don't question that. What I'm questioning is Miho's real potential. Any non-Mado/Saki girl facing a Saki girl on the same day as Mami is gonna win over the poor Saki girl in another match just cos Mami was present.
Quote:
Sure, Miho beat Ako fair and square and I DO acknowledge that but Ako is nowhere near the strength of Kuro btw.
I honestly think that Miho would have won even if Mami's match had been on another day. The thing is that she would have won with something like 350 votes and Kuro would have had only about 300 votes.

The fact that Mami was in a fiercely contested match against Yuu boosted the participation and, in turn, this boosted the number of Miho's votes, but at the same time it also boosted the number of Kuro's votes. The number of votes went up for both of them but this did not necessarily change the outcome of the match.

Look at the number of votes that Kuro had on rounds 1 and 2: only 226 and 302 votes. On both cases, she had less votes than Miho. If Miho was able to beat Ako on a day when Ako was boosted by Toki, there is no reason to think that she could not beat Kuro by herself. Specially since this year Ako looked at least as strong or maybe even stronger than Kuro.

Besides, a match with a very high participation is the fairest of all matches. On a day like this, "everyone" is there to vote: including all Saki fans. So, if in a day when everyone is there, there are more people who prefer Miho over Kuro, that victory is as fair as it can be.
Old 2013-10-06, 06:47   Link #1384
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
Not completely imo. As for Saki not giving their all, will it be enough to gain victory against PMMM if they finally do it full force? We'll see. But as for now I predict a PMMM > Saki.
I'm still of the opinion that Miho would have lost had Homura and Madoka not lost to Ayase. If Toki loses here, then Saki will also awaken and go all out as well.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-10-06, 07:35   Link #1385
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
I'm still of the opinion that Miho would have lost had Homura and Madoka not lost to Ayase. If Toki loses here, then Saki will also awaken and go all out as well.
I'm not really sure about Miho losing, but I do think she might have won the match even without Mami-'s backing. As for Saki faction, I quite think they're already going all out though even without Toki losing this round -shrugs-

EDIT: Can someone link me to the tracker? I found the wrong one lol.
EDIT 2: Nvm..

Last edited by BaKaBaKaOtaKu; 2013-10-06 at 08:06.
Old 2013-10-06, 08:47   Link #1386
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Let's not forget the sequel to the anime aka the final movie was aired not long ago so MadoMagi girls get some boost while Saki have NOTHING to help them.
Nope. It comes out October 26th. That boost is still to come.
Old 2013-10-06, 09:07   Link #1387
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Nope. It comes out October 26th. That boost is still to come.
That's a good point. All of the Block-based tournament matches will be over before the third Madoka Magica movie launches. But the third Madoka Magica movie might have some impact on Sweet 16 matches.
Old 2013-10-06, 09:09   Link #1388
uis

Round 3 Day 2 Result:-

A3-2

1. 459 Onjouji Toki @ Saki
2. 389 Yuigahama Yui @ Oregairu

B3-1

1. 487 Aragaki Ayase @ Oreimo
2. 370 Hanada Kirame @ Saki

Time for 2011 vs 2012 next time.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-

Last edited by uis; 2013-10-06 at 09:14. Reason: The final result added the votes from 2ch
Old 2013-10-06, 09:12   Link #1389
Subayai

Wait, I have different results. I'm pretty sure that these are the official ones.

Results for Round 3 Day 2

A3-2
1st 459 Toki Onjouji @ Saki
2nd 389 Yui Yuigahama @ Yahari Ore No Seishun Love Comedy Wa Machigatteiru

B3-1
1st 487 Ayase Aragaki @ Ore No Imouto Ga Konna Ni Kawaii Wake Ga Nai
2nd 370 Kirame Hanada @ Saki
=========================

Congrats to Toki and Ayase.
Old 2013-10-06, 09:13   Link #1390
Hachiko
The Akita

The tracker sure fooled me today. Mami and Toki both through to the Sweet 16.
Old 2013-10-06, 09:17   Link #1391
Triple_R
*Author

Edit: Ok, scratch what I just wrote, lol

The actual results look much more sensible.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-10-06 at 09:18. Reason: Original post was based on wrong results.
Old 2013-10-06, 09:19   Link #1392
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

I was honestly expecting huge total voters today but I guess that wasn't the case. Anyway, MAMI VS TOKI!!! It will be a bloodbath lol.
Old 2013-10-06, 09:25   Link #1393
Subayai

Today's matches did not attract the same amount of voters as yesterday's. I feel this was to be expected.

I would gauge Toki's strength based on Yuu's results from yesterday. If we assume Toki is somewhat stronger than Yuu, then Toki's strength must be over 600 votes. Still, Mami and her 673 votes make her the favorite in the match against Toki, I think.
Old 2013-10-06, 09:26   Link #1394
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
I was honestly expecting huge total voters today but I guess that wasn't the case. Anyway, MAMI VS TOKI!!! It will be a bloodbath lol.
Well, even with the actual results, it does look like Madoka faction voters sat out these two matches. If they made a real, concerted effort to snipe Toki, I'd expect Yui to have more votes than what she did get.

Kirame just never came close enough to Ayase to worry Madoka voters much, I guess. Ayase's vote total is more or less what could be expected of her even without much boosting from the people she's defeated so far.
Old 2013-10-06, 09:27   Link #1395
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

The expected winners for today won as many predicted. This time, the Mami-Toki Group A Final showdown is on for good. Being a former champion herself, I don't expect any less from Toki. This will be a good match.

Quote:
Let's not forget the sequel to the anime aka the final movie was aired not long ago so MadoMagi girls get some boost while Saki have NOTHING to help them.
Of course we've not forgotten, because as Wanderer mentioned it's not even out in theaters yet. You sure know a lot about the final Madoka movie, even more than the animation studio and the fans themselves. I wonder from which theater in the future did you see where that movie was already showing.

I was trying to keep quiet about your rants since the cardboard, rage and butthurt is just part and parcel of the full Saimoe experience (most will eventually have their "eating cardboard" days unless they supported the eventual champion from day 1), but this kind of false reasoning is just absurd.
Old 2013-10-06, 09:37   Link #1396
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, even with the actual results, it does look like Madoka faction voters sat out these two matches. If they made a real, concerted effort to snipe Toki, I'd expect Yui to have more votes than what she did get.

Kirame just never came close enough to Ayase to worry Madoka voters much, I guess. Ayase's vote total is more or less what could be expected of her even without much boosting from the people she's defeated so far.
Which was odd since that match was a good opportunity to snipe Toki. I mean, 459 was low for my taste at this round for a supposed #1 girl for SAki. I would like to think that PMMM faction were all up for a Mami-Toki match like us then lol. It seems to me they didn't even try

I'm worrying over Kyouko tho...
Old 2013-10-06, 09:45   Link #1397
uis

Sorry Shinka but Azusa and Maho is my kinpatsu shoujo. I will vote today for Azusa and Tomoka. Time for code generator hell tomorrow.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2013-10-06, 09:48   Link #1398
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:

I'm worrying over Kyouko tho...
I'm very curious about Kyouko's match with Rika.

Right now, I'm wondering if Mami is special even within the Puella Magi. In other words, does she have 100 or more voters who vote for her but don't care much about the other Puella Magi? Do Kyouko and/or Sayaka have much stricter vote ceilings than Mami does? Obviously, I hope that Mami's incredible performances are at least somewhat reflective of what all of the remaining Puella Magi can do, but fact is that Kyouko/Sayaka don't have those flashy vote totals yet.

Sayaka might not be tested enough to have to reach close to Mami's heights in order to win Block H, but Kyouko will be tested pretty hard by Chuunibyou.
Old 2013-10-06, 09:57   Link #1399
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm very curious about Kyouko's match with Rika.

Right now, I'm wondering if Mami is special even within the Puella Magi. In other words, does she have 100 or more voters who vote for her but don't care much about the other Puella Magi? Do Kyouko and/or Sayaka have much stricter vote ceilings than Mami does? Obviously, I hope that Mami's incredible performances are at least somewhat reflective of what all of the remaining Puella Magi can do, but fact is that Kyouko/Sayaka don't have those flashy vote totals yet.

Sayaka might not be tested enough to have to reach close to Mami's heights in order to win Block H, but Kyouko will be tested pretty hard by Chuunibyou.
I agree. I believe Mami has always been the preferred one over those two (Kyoko and Sayaka) and it's hard to tell if the Mami's fans would back Kyouko up. I hope the faction and individual voters would be united to get the girls far in the tournament.
Old 2013-10-06, 10:11   Link #1400
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Who Mami brings along if she wins...
Toki, Yuu, Yozora, & Koneko

Who Toki brings along if she wins...
Mami, Yui Yuigahama, Yayoi Kise, & Frenda

Who Ayase brings along if she wins...
Miho, Kirame, Madoka, & Akane Azaka

Who Miho brings along if she wins...
Ayase, Kuro, Ako, & Himawari Shinomiya

Spoiler for The Big Board: