Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-06, 11:02   Link #321
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Seems to be in the sense that it's in the same universe. But sounds like this is around 10 years after the original series so we're unlikely to have any legitimate connections between them. Which is good news since if this could have gotten a new title it probably would have benefited from it .
Spoiler for spoilers?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Spoiler for Lol:
That was why direct translation brings........indirect meanings.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 12:43   Link #322
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was a pretty good premiere. The MC had shades of "can't do no wrong" traits that happens to be a pet peeve of mine but otherwise I appreciated how well executed the episode was, especially at the end. The narrative was very smooth.

Btw I know absolutely nothing about White Album. Do I need to watch the previous seasons to understand this?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 12:45   Link #323
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Btw I know absolutely nothing about White Album. Do I need to watch the previous seasons to understand this?
They aren't related in any way whatsoever beyond title really. Absolutely no need.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 13:44   Link #324
DarkSlayer182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Nah, Touya couldn't do it!

But anyways, I wanna see Kazusa next week! Setsuna Ogiso is like a mash-up of Yuki Morikawa's personality with an appearance of Rina Ogata IMO.
Touya has so many problem

Yep, can't wait to see the next episode! While Setsuna appereance seems like that, her personality is diffirent and interesting too, unlike most anime heroines. You'll find it soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Touya couldn't do many things, mainly keeping it in his pants Ugh, that ending, whay a way to ruin everything literally in the last second, I can only hope it doesn't happen here.
Yep, Touya's past is so nasty..literally. Though it helps to clear up why the main characters are acting so strange sometimes.

Quote:
You should watch it if you are interested with the story of Yuki Morikawa (the original White Album singer) and Ogata Rina (original singer of some other songs that will appear later), other than that you don't really need to. Also, though I love the first WA, I suggest you to watch it after finishing WA2 if you want, since WA1 has turned many people to hate everything related to 'White Album'.
DarkSlayer182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 13:57   Link #325
uis

Oh man i love it already. That white album in ending is perfect.

Compare to vn adaption this season (what is Refrain!) ep 1 is really good and i can't wait for next episode.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 14:06   Link #326
Preciize
Them Feels~

Good first episode, loved the ending
Old 2013-10-06, 14:21   Link #327
Freeter
beyond

Wow, this series is about to hit a threepeat as AOTS for me. That reveal shot at the end was magnificent.

Can't wait to hear the OP and ED.
Old 2013-10-06, 14:26   Link #328
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That was why direct translation brings........indirect meanings.
And out of context.
Old 2013-10-06, 14:31   Link #329
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSlayer182 View Post
Also, though I love the first WA, I suggest you to watch it after finishing WA2 if you want, since WA1 has turned many people to hate everything related to 'White Album'.
I dropped the WA anime after sitting through 13 episodes of head-desk moments. Thankfully my faith was restored after I played the VN as it was so much better.

WA2 anime though is already off to a flying start so can't wait for all the drama and heartbreak to come steamrolling everybody watching it.
Old 2013-10-06, 14:52   Link #330
Frontier

I really enjoyed the premier! White Album 2 is definitely shaping up to be a strong romantic drama for the fall season .

A high school story with no fantastical elements is quite a change of pace for Satelight, but I think they did a great job with the animation here.

I guess the brief flashforward, while a tad unnecessary, was used to illustrate just how messed up the relationship between the three ends up after the concert. Of course Haruki's narration, I think, spelled that out quite fine without having to spoil important moments that will happen later in the anime.

I like that White Album 2 was more witty with its humor than you'd traditionally see in an anime. Now I have no problem with slapstick, but I think humor with wit is much more fitting for a romantic drama.

So far I'm really enjoying the cast. Haruki seems like a genuinely good guy, if a little too high strung about morals and a bit snarky. Setsuna strikes me as a nice girl, though as Haruki said with some hidden depths. I doubt a secret passion for singing is all there is to it though. But on that subject, she does have quite a nice singing voice . And is it just me, or did anyone else see, during Haruki and Io's conversation, a girl with glasses in front of a store with Setsuna's hair color?

Everybody else in the cast I thought were both interesting and entertaining. I can't wait to properly meet the other end of the love triangle, "Mr. Elite Student."

A major focal point of this episode, to me at least, was the beginning of Haruki and Setsuna's relationship. From what was shown, I'd say Haruki's interest in Setsuna lies in the fact that she's not at all what he expected from a school idol, and Setsuna became interested in him after being impressed by his "calling her out" for her resignation. I thought their talk while carrying the log was cute, so I'm very interested in seeing how their relationship develops.

I thought the impromptu "White Album" performance at the end of the episode was splendid. It makes me very excited to see how Satelight handles the concert .
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 16:31   Link #331
king12354

Liked the start, but I liked the start of the first White Album as well. So hopefully, they can handle the story telling and present the drama well.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 17:26   Link #332
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
A high school story with no fantastical elements is quite a change of pace for Satelight, but I think they did a great job with the animation here.
You said it. This show has no mecha, no mecha fitted with enough amps to play to a whole stadium, no alien invaders, no vampires, and only one singing idol, not a whole company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I thought the impromptu "White Album" performance at the end of the episode was splendid. It makes me very excited to see how Satelight handles the concert .
Depending which route(s) Satelight animates, there could be more than one concert in the future for this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Tamiyasu Tomoe, Ueda Akane , Mizukiri Keito and some others beg to differ but whatever, they are still in the minority
Also some vocalists such as Rita and Sakakibara Yui voice for eroges , so it's not like voicing roles in such games impacted their public image.

As for your statement of "winnable heroines" even the seiyuu's voicing the side/support characters use pseudonyms in eroges.
I should have said "especially the winnable heroines." Sure, you can get big names in the seiyuu industry like Shuichi Ikeda, voice of Char Aznable from the original Mobile Suit Gundam, to contribute to an eroge title like Majikoi, but this mainly because they're not the ones who will end up making (censored) noises. You also have eroge seiyuus who have had to cut back on their eroge roles once they're married, such as Mai Kadowaki and Shizuka Itou, so it's clear that doing eroge roles isn't considered becoming of a "respectable" wife.

As for eroge singers, aren't the vast majority of them in the doujin music community, like Haruka Shimotsuki? Besides, I doubt Yui Sakikibara and Minami Kuribayashi could ever become the next Nana Mizuki, who for her part wouldn't ever be caught dead making (censored) noises for an eroge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
But since you push me, I have just checked a couple of names and Yonezawa Madoka is credited under her pseudonym of Mishiro Mako, and Terashima Takuma is credited under the same name he uses in anime (which I guess may or may not be his real name). So it appears, as I thought, that the "adult" versions are done by the same seiyuus as here.
WA2 is most likely Madoka Yonezawa's first eroge title. She'll likely gain fame and acclaim for it and her performance in the anime, but it likely will never be on the same level as her K-ON! co-workers (namely the "big five" from that show).

Takuma Terashima has also made (censored) noises for eroge and H-OVA before, I hear. The breathing-while-running noises he made during the first episode also seems somewhat influenced by the (censored) noises he's made for 18+ media too; people who are reasonably fit don't make that kind of noise while running a short distance, and he couldn't have been far from the roof if he could hear someone singing from it.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 18:03   Link #333
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I should have said "especially the winnable heroines." Sure, you can get big names in the seiyuu industry like Shuichi Ikeda, voice of Char Aznable from the original Mobile Suit Gundam, to contribute to an eroge title like Majikoi, but this mainly because they're not the ones who will end up making (censored) noises. You also have eroge seiyuus who have had to cut back on their eroge roles once they're married, such as Mai Kadowaki and Shizuka Itou, so it's clear that doing eroge roles isn't considered becoming of a "respectable" wife.
Do try to do some research before making such a comment. The ones that i mentioned use their real names and still have actual eroge roles (shame on you for not recognizing the name Tamiyasu Tomoe, especially because she has been in big titles like Little Busters and the Grisaia trilogy )and getting married didn't stop certain seiyuu's like Hyo-sei from taking more eroge roles
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 19:38   Link #334
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Do try to do some research before making such a comment. The ones that i mentioned use their real names and still have actual eroge roles (shame on you for not recognizing the name Tamiyasu Tomoe, especially because she has been in big titles like Little Busters and the Grisaia trilogy )and getting married didn't stop certain seiyuu's like Hyo-sei from taking more eroge roles
What are you getting on about? Are we all required to have the same experience in eroge and knowledge about eroge seiyuus to be allowed to discuss eroge titles?

In any case, I couldn't find any English info on Hyo-sei's marriage (and as I told you, I'm limited to info in English due to my lack of Japanese knowledge). And in any case, she doesn't have the mainstream fame that my two examples, Mai Kadowaki and Shizuka Itou did. But why all the pressure not to do eroge roles once a female seiyuu is married? It's not like their fans organize boycott campaigns for their eroge titles once a female eroge seiyuu with mainstream fame gets married.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 21:32   Link #335
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Not to bad of a start this seem like its going to be fast
Old 2013-10-06, 22:02   Link #336
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Can't we all just get along and rejoice in the name that is WH2? By the way, Tamiyasu isn't her real name; she also spell it with all hiragana for anime roles, so to avoid little kids looking her up and finding all the fun stuff; Itou had a few eroges out in 2013, though I can't tell if she did them before or after her marriage.

Now back to WH2. The first episode was way more spectacular than I had expected. The cues were hit right on and the atmosphere was perfect. I couldn't have asked for anything more, though I now kinda understand why the director many-a-times made Yune-chan redo her lines in a cuter voice.

Knowing the story, this is only gonna get better. And with all that new stuff they/he had added in, I can finally stop envying those people who have yet to experience WH2 for the first time.

Ah... Poor Naba... Didn't even get one line this episode...

Last edited by Free; 2013-10-07 at 08:20.
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 01:57   Link #337
Ringil

Holy crap, this was practically as perfect of an adaptation of the beginning of White Album 2 as there could be. I'm totally floored. The only small minor thing is the the scene at the beginning, but comon, who played that game not expecting a love triangle!?
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 02:02   Link #338
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner
Quote:
They aren't related in any way whatsoever beyond title really. Absolutely no need.
He should watch it. Why should we be the only one suffering the sufferage of such succotash which is season 1.

Hey Haak, don't listen to anyone about skipping. WA S1 is a must watch before you start this new season. I never lead you to astray before, did I? You are not allowed to say, "yes."
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 03:14   Link #339
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Ah... Poor Naba... Didn't even get one line this episode...
I'm sure it's deliberately intentional. Not only does she not speak. You don't get to see her face either. (save for the music fes)
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 04:14   Link #340
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Well.... really the name of this title is really a bit confusing lol
many people asking as should they watch the first or not lol...
Well, if I would say, you are NOT required to watch it, but it doesn't really prevent you not to watch it
watch the first series, and you'll find some of the nostalgic feelings of it from here
no characters from WA2 that comes from WA1, nothing significant really connect WA1 with WA2 that is worth to be mention
Spoiler for if you still want to know WA1 that is shown in WA2, and nothing that affect the storyline of WA2:

or you could just read the summarized of the anime...
well nothing worthy that can connect WA1 and WA2....
as many people said, this story would be better to be called as Todokanai Koi rather than White Album 2.... the usage of 2 maybe just to be easier in taking the song from the previous series...

and well... really... we can't see her face, but.... from the PV and from the beginning of the anime (festival concert), actually people can already guess it, right.... what's the point...
ugh, it hurts Kazusa's fan by not seeing Kazusa at the first episode.... especially if we know what will happen in the next season (I hope there will be)

and about seiyuu...why again are we talking about eroge seiyuu in here.....

Last edited by Leon_Lelouch; 2013-10-07 at 08:56.
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical