AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-10, 09:48   Link #1561
ion475
にこにこにー

Well, I guess Yoshino winning shouldn't be a surprise with Saki falling left and right...

Watashi and Sawa is also close...Watashi won but her initial invicibility look is certainly gone. With her opponent being AhoMaho, though, she should have no problem taking Group E. Saki fan will rally behind Maho, but then, I want the 2 imoutos (Kiririn and Akiko) instead...

Onto G & H...
G3-1: Pick: Can I pick both? Predict: Tie...seriously, how am I suppose to pick between the two cats? Okay, picking Kuroneko and Predicting Tsukiko.
H3-2: Pick/Predict: Chitanda. Misaka imouto is Raildex's last hope, Chitanda is Kyoani's last hope...
Old 2013-10-10, 09:50   Link #1562
Subayai

Now that Saki's strength is pretty much gone, I wonder what happened to MadoMagi's strength. With these low vote totals, I don't expect them to even get close to 600 votes but I wonder if they are still stronger than the rest or at the same level than the rest or not even that.
Old 2013-10-10, 09:59   Link #1563
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
Loli winner win again and Shizu lost. Oh well it is sad gaijin get block again and i hope more japanese vote again after popular anime fanbase collapsing huhuhu...
I have to say that I find some of your posts on this topic a bit off-putting.

I get that some people here don't like Saki, but seeing their strength erode due to arguably overzealous anti-cheating measures strikes me as a bit worrisome. Even for those who dislike Saki, I think their startling collapse should be a bit eyebrow-raising, and not something to be gloated over.

And the same definitely applies to Madoka Magica if they also see a drastic drop in strength.
Old 2013-10-10, 10:05   Link #1564
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subayai View Post
1st 256 Yoshino @ Date A Live
2nd 189 Shizuno Takakamo @ Saki
Yay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

I get that some people here don't like Saki, but seeing their strength erode due to arguably overzealous anti-cheating measures strikes me as a bit worrisome. Even for those who dislike Saki, I think their startling collapse should be a bit eyebrow-raising, and not something to be gloated over.

And the same definitely applies to Madoka Magica if they also see a drastic drop in strength.
Actually, they don't seem to be affected, yet. Kyouko breezed through her match. But Saimoe being in the state it is now, it's hard to tell.

On a side note...
Quote:
Arata, Saori, and Misaki all lost votes compared to their first round performances? That's just weird, man.
I think we know why now... and the reason for Sanae Dekomori's round 2 exit is now clear too...

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-10-10, 10:08   Link #1565
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Yay.

Actually, they don't seem to be affected, yet. Kyouko breezed through her match. But Saimoe being in the state it is now, it's hard to tell.
Honestly, I'm inclined to think that Nodoka was cheated. Nodoka boosted by Mikoto voters wasn't able to muster up 250 legit votes or more? Really?

Nodoka is a two-time former semi-finalist. Many people felt she'd be in the Final 16 this year as well. Were the Chinese amplifying Nodoka's support the entire way though the two times she was a semi-finalist before? This all raises eyebrows for me like I was Mr. Spock.
Old 2013-10-10, 10:15   Link #1566
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

^ I also think that way as well. If Nodoka was actually so weak, then all the Saki's winning matches in previous round should be extremely suspicious. It's also unfair for the voters in that match since the new rules were effective out of the blue and without them knowing beforehand to avoid invalid votes.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2013-10-10, 10:19   Link #1567
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

If Kobato wins...
Yoshino, Sakurako, Kazari, and (someone explain the Katyusha/Takane situation) gets another chance.
If Yoshino wins...
Kobato, Shizuno, Haruka, and Yoriko gets another chance.
If Watashi wins...
Maho, Sawa, Akiko Himenokouji, and Kirino gets another chance.
If Maho wins...
Watashi, Nodoka, Nyaruko, and Hinagiku gets another chance.

Spoiler for The Big Board:

Guesses...
Kuroneko & Eru
Old 2013-10-10, 10:19   Link #1568
Subayai

Quote:

On this topic I have to say that even though I like many of the Saki and Madoka characters, I wouldn't like that one of them wins the tournament. However, I want them to lose fair and square against some non-Saki/non-PMMM characters. Now I don't know if this is possible anymore. If they lose, I'll feel that it's at least in part because of the admins interference, and this is just sad. Very sad.

Quote:
Honestly, I'm inclined to think that Nodoka was cheated. Nodoka boosted by Mikoto voters wasn't able to muster up 250 legit votes or more? Really?

Nodoka is a two-time former semi-finalist. Many people felt she'd be in the Final 16 this year as well. Were the Chinese amplifying Nodoka's support the entire way though the two times she was a semi-finalist before? This all raises eyebrows for me like I was Mr. Spock.
I also think that Nodoka was cheated out of her victory yesterday. And I also question how come yesterday there were more than 100 suspicious votes and today not even one. THIS is what looks suspicious to me.
Old 2013-10-10, 10:28   Link #1569
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
I also think that Nodoka was cheated out of her victory yesterday. And I also question how come yesterday there were more than 100 suspicious votes and today not even one. THIS is what looks suspicious to me.
This went through my mind as well. Nodoka might be a strong veteran and feared by many, but if she has to lose it should be in a fair and square match with her opponent giving it their all, NOT like this suspicious fiasco.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn

Old 2013-10-10, 10:31   Link #1570
uis

Quote:

If you known me my most favorite franchise is Saki but i don't vote using popularity or anime for my basis but characters itself. Saimoe is serious business and i am serious from beginning. I love it so if i don't vote someone because i don't know her i will feel guilty. I will trying to watch every anime if i don't have time i will at least peek on fanart nyaa~

That huhuhu~ not serious though. I am just sad i can't vote anymore and my vote illegal now so i hope more japanese voting, the number will rise again. I known Saki fanbase very much and how half of them hate Shizu. For me voting for anime is silly anyway because we vote the character we love most not because we want seeing the series winning.

Quote:
I think the reason is reasonable if they from Chinese voters but if the admin openly said they rigged it, I want they redo the match. They should just state they banned gaijin IP and japanese proxy IP now but they choose to keep the secret.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-

Last edited by uis; 2013-10-10 at 10:53.
Old 2013-10-10, 10:59   Link #1571
scineram

Quote:
Probably more IP ranges have been banned from the code generator.
Old 2013-10-10, 11:03   Link #1572
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

It is annoying that the admins are keeping us in the dark

Prediction- Tsukiko, Eru
Picks- Kuroneko, 10032
Old 2013-10-10, 14:49   Link #1573
Shinhwa
Banned

Seriously this whole thing is pathetic... the fake voting and such =.=;
Old 2013-10-10, 17:23   Link #1574
Team Rocket Elite

It seems like Saki characters really have taken a sizable hit in terms of strength. Shizuno isn't even close to winning. Was Watashi overrated before or did she fall as well? Sawa managed to get pretty close to beating her. Watashi's chances of going deep may not be that great anymore.
Old 2013-10-10, 18:33   Link #1575
CptChaos

I wouldn't consider Sawa to be a weak character, but I wonder if she also would have gotten that close to Watashi before the change of rules.
Old 2013-10-10, 20:02   Link #1576
Hachiko
The Akita

Watashi has risen as the biggest threat to Saki and Madoka. She is gaining power by the minute and could upend everyone in the final stage, assuming she takes down Misawa (which is a strong possibility).
Old 2013-10-10, 20:44   Link #1577
Triple_R
*Author

While she's not my favorite girl in the tournament, I think it might be very fitting if Watashi won it all. Who better to win "J-SaiMoe Has Declined" than the lead character in "Humanity Has Declined"?

If voters want to protest J-SaiMoe 2013, backing Watashi to the J-SaiMoe 2013 Championship might be a cute/clever way of doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
^ I also think that way as well. If Nodoka was actually so weak, then all the Saki's winning matches in previous round should be extremely suspicious. It's also unfair for the voters in that match since the new rules were effective out of the blue and without them knowing beforehand to avoid invalid votes.
They really should have redid all the 3rd Round matches. But I guess it's too late for that now.

Quote:
You know, the conspiracy theorist in me wonders if this is about punishing Mikoto further for 2011. It's just that Nodoka became an innocent victim in the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
If you known me my most favorite franchise is Saki but i don't vote using popularity or anime for my basis but characters itself. Saimoe is serious business and i am serious from beginning. I love it so if i don't vote someone because i don't know her i will feel guilty. I will trying to watch every anime if i don't have time i will at least peek on fanart nyaa~

That huhuhu~ not serious though. I am just sad i can't vote anymore and my vote illegal now so i hope more japanese voting, the number will rise again. I known Saki fanbase very much and how half of them hate Shizu. For me voting for anime is silly anyway because we vote the character we love most not because we want seeing the series winning
Thanks for the clarification. It's good to get a better sense of where you're coming from overall. Yeah, I admittedly took your "huhuhu" the wrong way, lol.
Old 2013-10-10, 22:55   Link #1578
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
I'm leaning towards she wasn't screwed. If Nodoka had won and then won the block, note who would be given a second chance. And you know how "well behaved" her fanbase is...
Old 2013-10-10, 23:37   Link #1579
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Was Watashi overrated before or did she fall as well? Sawa managed to get pretty close to beating her. Watashi's chances of going deep may not be that great anymore.
Like I said in the previous page, I don't think Sawa is as weak as most people think. She did beat Hisa, Mikan and Tsubasa pretty convincingly, and remind that Mikan and Tsubasa did won their Round 1's matches convincingly as well. Not many people thought Sawa could win the match, yet she did with over 100 vote difference.

However, I do have some confidence in saying that Watashi is strong. She did ace in the Biglobe poll of Summer 2012's Top Anime Heroines. Unfortunately the original Biglobe link is dead now so we can't see the actual number of votes, but this came from a site that usually favors more mainstreamed and popular current shows as their top favorites in polls so Watashi winning the poll really says something.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn

Old 2013-10-11, 00:34   Link #1580
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptChaos View Post
I wouldn't consider Sawa to be a weak character, but I wonder if she also would have gotten that close to Watashi before the change of rules.
Even though Sawa was strong, I feel like the vote difference will be larger between her and Watashi, if those rules didn't exist.
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament