AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-24, 07:56   Link #21
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Anyone else finding the enemy mechs really ugly? I hope some better looking designs show up soon because not having great enemies to fight would make the mecha action a lot lamer.
Funny you should say that because I actually like the grunt mechs because they're probably the most realistic ones I've seen a Sunrise show. The robots piloted by L-Elf's old crew are definitely terrible though.
Old 2013-05-24, 08:01   Link #22
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Anyone else finding the enemy mechs really ugly? I hope some better looking designs show up soon because not having great enemies to fight would make the mecha action a lot lamer.
the Ideals units still ain't looking good to you? (pun intended )

to me the grunt units each had their own charm, like the Waffes & Splicers, their unorthodox designs give this series some kind of reoccurring theme or motif, like Gundam's Ball units & Zakus on a Star Wars scale of the X-Wing & Tie Fighters
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2013-05-24, 11:38   Link #23
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Funny you should say that because I actually like the grunt mechs because they're probably the most realistic ones I've seen a Sunrise show. The robots piloted by L-Elf's old crew are definitely terrible though.
Functionality wise they're pretty utilitarian as you said, but there is no reason for that ugly ass head.

Even after that time skip their new robots are even more wtf...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
the Ideals units still ain't looking good to you? (pun intended )

to me the grunt units each had their own charm, like the Waffes & Splicers, their unorthodox designs give this series some kind of reoccurring theme or motif, like Gundam's Ball units & Zakus on a Star Wars scale of the X-Wing & Tie Fighters
I think Zakus look a lot better. Some of the Zakus even look more badass than Gundams, but the heads on these grunts are just...
Old 2013-05-24, 12:30   Link #24
galdr

Love the Ideals. I always like MAish mecha like Sutherland Sieg and Dendrobium.
The armament is pretty cool too.

The Waffe is grunt-ish looking but the shield is pretty damn good. Valvrave's attack can only dent it LOL.

Nice to see Valvrave IV confirmed to get power-up in future. Physical afterimage is gonna be frickin OP.
Old 2013-05-26, 13:29   Link #25
gordol
Banned

Update time!

1)VVV IV runs on a RAVE Mirror Engine(even the future one), therefore only VVV I runs on a original RAVE Engine? If so, that explains it's 666 Mode and the fact that it was isolated from the others and having its engine being tempered with during ep. 1. Could also explain enemy units using mirror ones in the future or even MP models.

http://imageshack.us/a/img59/8101/vl...2614h52m14.png

2)VVV IV back legs are officially called Multileg Spines and function in 3 pairs. The future VVV IV has the Condemnation Mirage Ability(solid Bunshin) and 2 small spheres that hold coolant to cool the unit down stored on waist hardpoints.

http://imageshack.us/a/img189/2122/v...1616h27m01.png

3)New future transformable Royal Guard mech shown. Has 12! beam cannons total(2 on each hand, 2 on each foot, 2 on MA form eyes, and 2 on wings). Obviously another Okawara design.

http://imageshack.us/a/img5/6417/vlc...2614h53m04.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img547/9641/v...2614h53m59.png

4)Confirmation on English names for the VVV I weapons. Also clarification on 2 fixed weapons for all VVV models: Variable Vulcans fire solid shells while Hand Ray is indeed the small barrel on the back of the hand and it fires antipersonnel lasers!

http://imageshack.us/a/img24/9901/1369358846665.jpg

5)VVV III weapons explanation: Chain Saucers are the shoulder mounted mid range support cannons. It also has a back container to store weapons, contents currently unknown. It seems the Armstronger Canons can detach into 4 smaller arms each, it's going to have crazy abilities!

6)Ideal details: has a head escaped pod and can equip electromagnetic boomerang launchers on the Claws for capture missions.

http://imageshack.us/a/img51/5793/vl...2615h10m52.png

7)2 Custom Waffes have appeared: A-Drei's with an eye-patch and Q-Vier's with custom paint job on the shield(same marking as his Ideal). Also notice the Beam Gatlings being used on screen with a different animation effect from the solid firing one.

http://imageshack.us/a/img811/1496/v...2615h11m24.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img28/8925/vl...2615h10m11.png

**Lastly, 7 Valvrave units are confirmed with the Golden Seven. II is guaranteed to be orange, what are your guesses for the 7th VVV unit(could be VII or 0)?
Old 2013-05-26, 14:37   Link #26
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
**Lastly, 7 Valvrave units are confirmed with the Golden Seven. II is guaranteed to be orange, what are your guesses for the 7th VVV unit(could be VII or 0)?
Black or White. Unless Cain turns out to be a VVV pilot as well and has a unit, bringing the total to 8.
Old 2013-05-28, 13:07   Link #27
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

I just realized something about Valvrave 3's design. Doesn't the arm look like it could split?

Old 2013-05-28, 23:16   Link #28
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post
I just realized something about Valvrave 3's design. Doesn't the arm look like it could split?
It can actually. Two pieces each.

I suspect it's built for beamspam.
Old 2013-05-29, 02:17   Link #29
Key Board
Carbon

I'm a bit amused that we got Valvrave 4 and possibly getting Valvrave 5 before Valvrave 3 in the anime, despite the merchandise prioritizing Valvrave 1 and 3 first
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-05-29, 05:43   Link #30
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
In regards to the RAVE Engine, I think that's the one where Valvrave OS-tan resides IMO.
Old 2013-05-29, 13:21   Link #31
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post

5)VVV III weapons explanation: Chain Saucers are the shoulder mounted mid range support cannons. It also has a back container to store weapons, contents currently unknown. It seems the Armstronger Canons can detach into 4 smaller arms each, it's going to have crazy abilities!
Old 2013-05-30, 12:50   Link #32
Folenfant
Banned

The Jiorans really need to find a better answer to those boomerangs which are like the Valvrave's kryptonite
Old 2013-05-30, 13:15   Link #33
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I wouldn't call magnetic boomerangs "kryptonite", technically you could immobilize any mecha with them unless they are specifically designed to resist magnetism (like Combattler V or Voltes V) or are extremely big (like Gunbuster or Danguard Ace). Kind of like radiation to organisms that aren't Godzilla.
Old 2013-05-30, 14:43   Link #34
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Purple Valvrave must be the answer since it looks like it is the "Magician"/"Healer" of the group.
Old 2013-05-30, 14:58   Link #35
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I wouldn't call magnetic boomerangs "kryptonite", technically you could immobilize any mecha with them unless they are specifically designed to resist magnetism (like Combattler V or Voltes V) or are extremely big (like Gunbuster or Danguard Ace). Kind of like radiation to organisms that aren't Godzilla.
It's worse for the Valvraves though since they can't even handle their own cooling without needing to use some sort of trick or external source.
Old 2013-05-31, 00:44   Link #36
Nvis
Where are the good animes

And now apparently VVVI has beam Vulcans on its head.
Old 2013-05-31, 00:51   Link #37
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
And now apparently VVVI has beam Vulcans on its head.
All of them do. It's part of the standard weaponry along with Fold Sickles and Hand Rays.
Old 2013-05-31, 10:13   Link #38
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

According to Sunrise/Bandai, it looks like the Valvraves will get actual names instead of just numbers.

Images
Valvrave I "Hito"
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Valvrave III "Hikaminari"
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I want one. However, if I do get one, it will be the first non-macross mecha kit I've gotten.

Endless "Kit builder" Soul
Old 2013-05-31, 11:39   Link #39
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Is Valvarave I the only unit to have the 'hardened light' ability?
Old 2013-05-31, 11:53   Link #40
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Is Valvarave I the only unit to have the 'hardened light' ability?
it probably is the only one to have it but the others haven't been fully revealed yet, 4 doesn't have it as far as we know of, but if were to guess if another one was going to have it it would be probably five(the blue one)