AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-25, 21:05   Link #81
~BC~

Quote:
How is L-elf responsible for Haruto knowing to keep his mind on what he's doing? I don't care if Marie decided to strip down and do a fan dance, Haruto should have still been at his post.
I'm just saying from a commander perspective he should have given Haruto warning. Even if it was just to avoid Marie or keep her out of the Valvrave (since she was going to check the cockpit footage to re-confirm what she saw). If he has the privilege of giving orders then yes he is, to some extent, responsible for taking his troops behavior into account.

Last edited by ~BC~; 2013-10-25 at 21:16. Reason: punctuation
Old 2013-10-25, 21:10   Link #82
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Marie stripping down and doing a fan dance might have made Haruto high tail it out of there. Remember his last two reactions to breasts?
Old 2013-10-25, 22:10   Link #83
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
I'm just saying from a commander perspective he should have given Haruto warning. Even if it was just to avoid Marie or keep her out of the Valvrave (since she was going to check the cockpit footage to re-confirm what she saw). If he has the privilege of giving orders then yes he is, to some extent, responsible for taking his troops behavior into account.
What happened was a irregularity that I'm sure no one could have predicted. Really, how was L-elf supposed to know that Pino knew Marie, and that Haruto would overhear, leading to the situation that happened? For all we know that conversation could have been avoided by Haruto shrugging her off if there was no connection between those girls.
Old 2013-10-25, 22:29   Link #84
~BC~

That's not what I'm talking about. The possibility that Marie would confront Haruto (who is her friend, btw) was very high. I don't buy for one moment that L-Elf couldn't predict that. Not after all his other more far fetched predictions.
Old 2013-10-25, 22:37   Link #85
Kurohane

However, the fact remains the connection between Marie and Pino was what started the distraction, and L-elf couldn't predict that. Without that taken into consideration, L-elf must have trusted Haruto enough to keep things quiet. He did trust Haruto to look for him after his aircraft got destroyed in episode 8.
Old 2013-10-25, 22:41   Link #86
~BC~

Which never would've happened if L-Elf warned Haruto to keep her away from it. Marie was going to want answers. So of course she'd want to check the cockpit footage. You're grasping at straws if you think he couldn't figure that out. Even if Pino never talked she'd still get the confirmation she was looking for and still confront Haruto.
Old 2013-10-25, 22:47   Link #87
Kurohane

How do you check the cockpit footage from in the cockpit? Well, that's beside the point, anyway, she assumed it was there, but she couldn't find it before Pino appeared. Now either it never existed, or L-elf already got rid of the evidence, so she would have nothing.
Old 2013-10-25, 23:03   Link #88
~BC~

The footage disappearing would raise even more flags. Hence the confrontation happens regardless. Anyway, you might want to re-watch that segment. There's nothing that indicates L-Elf erased the footage to begin with.
Old 2013-10-25, 23:24   Link #89
Kurohane

^ Do they even have footage stored in the Valraves themselves, seems kind of miscellaneous thing. They already had the cockpits wired to the transport, though it was wrecked. The recording should have stayed on the ship. Anyway, we're getting off our original discussion. By that contract, they share 50-50. By that logic, yes, L-elf would take some of the blame, as per their contract.
Old 2013-10-26, 01:27   Link #90
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
^ Do they even have footage stored in the Valraves themselves, seems kind of miscellaneous thing. They already had the cockpits wired to the transport, though it was wrecked. The recording should have stayed on the ship. Anyway, we're getting off our original discussion. By that contract, they share 50-50. By that logic, yes, L-elf would take some of the blame, as per their contract.
Um, I don't think that whole sharing blame thing covered Haruto's stupidity. L-elf agreed to let him feed off him, however, if everything goes south and half the people die because Haruto didn't do his job, that's all on Haruto. The other pilots knew Haruto was supposed to be there, they will blame him for his absence.

If one soldier causes a whole company's death because he got distracted, it's that's soldiers fault and he's the one who will be found at fault, they're not going to charge every single CO that was over him for his costly mistake. L-elf did his part, he made up the plan and was leading them along, Haruto just didn't follow it.

Interestingly enough, notice that Haruto's the one who added that to the contract saying they'd "share everything", however L-elf never answered him except for with the matter of him taking runes from him. One would assume the gesture meant an agreement with what Haruto said, but L-elf's lack of an actual acquiescence would be a loophole...an interesting loophole that someone as naive as Haruto wouldn't guess could be exploited.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-10-26 at 10:34.
Old 2013-10-26, 02:10   Link #91
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
If one soldier causes a whole company's death because he got distracted, it's that's soldiers fault and he's the one who will be found at fault, they're not going to charge every single CO that was over him for his costly mistake. L-elf did his part, he made up the plan and was leading them along, Haruto just didn't follow it.
Well that's certainly a vague example. And depending on the circumstances the superior can be held accountable. It's what comes with the territory of being in charge (simply going "it's not my fault he got distracted" won't cut in during an inquiry). In this case the soldier's blunder was due to him being blind-sided by something his superior neglected to mention. Ergo the superior shares the blame.

Last edited by ~BC~; 2013-10-26 at 02:20.
Old 2013-11-03, 14:46   Link #92
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

An interview with Ryota Osaka, like the Yuki Ono interview I found it on /a/

q: what were your first impressions of Haruto?
R: he's rather timid and dislikes conflict, so I wondered how he would end up piloting a mecha. that was the first thing that came to mind. but while Haruto is timid, he never backs down from something that he's decided on. he's stubborn. he gets thrown around by everything happening around him, but he stays true to his convictions.

q: we can see his personality through how he acts in L-Elf's body, too.
R: he doesn't care what he does, like shooting a gun without hesitation, as long as he reaches his goal. he'll do anything to protect everyone. sometimes I think he should fix some parts to his logic (laughs). in episode 2, Haruto's antics once he switched over to L-Elf were all done by Kimura (Ryohei)-san, and when I saw the finished footage, I was surprised at how similar he was to me! (laughs). but that time, I felt a bit of jealousy as well.

q: that's a pretty complex feeling towards your character (laughs).
R: I'm sure they made things after they watched my performance in episode 1, but they all knew I was going to be imitated by someone else (laughs). Valvrave is being produced via presco (* VA lines are recorded first before the art is animated), so it was really tough in the beginning. but as each episode went by, I really began to enjoy acting on my own timing. I deliver my lines after sorting out my feelings, so it's definitely getting easier.

q: personally, what are the main highlights of episode 2?
R: the Harakiri Blade. that determined line really made an impact. only Haruto can draw out resolve like that. to tell the truth, I've always wanted to act a main character who discreetly pilots a mecha.

q: ..."discreetly"? (laughs)
R: my first mecha was the Heroes series, and then Gundam through its games… I think mechas moving has a simplistic coolness to it. in that sense, Valvrave is a dream come true for me. there wasn't any art at the presco, so I could only imagine how they would move. but after I saw the finished product, I can only say "oh, he finally got inside" (laughs). that part really got to me, still. of course, the latter half has yet to be worked on, but we'll try to do our best to answer our fans' expectations. please continue to support and enjoy this show!
Old 2013-11-03, 15:31   Link #93
Irenesharda

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but in the ED it was pretty faint because of the lighting, but the scene were Haruto is attacking in his vampiric form, he's actually crying in that scene.

Does anyone have a guess as to why? Did something happen, or did he do something that he's horrified over? Now remember, when he attacked and assaulted Saki against his will, he didn't cry at all, so what could have happened that would make him cry now?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-03, 15:44   Link #94
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but in the ED it was pretty faint because of the lighting, but the scene were Haruto is attacking in his vampiric form, he's actually crying in that scene.

Does anyone have a guess as to why? Did something happen, or did he do something that he's horrified over? Now remember, when he attacked and assaulted Saki against his will, he didn't cry at all, so what could have happened that would make him cry now?
Maybe he attacks Shoko? That's the only person I can think of that he would shed any tears for at the moment.

Or he's crying because of the monster he may have to become in order to win this war?
Old 2013-11-03, 17:13   Link #95
Kurohane

Quote:

Despite my belief of not to take things like that literally, as it's just for affect, a number of things could have happened. He fails on preventing what happened to Saki again from happening, meaning he does assault her again. Thar would cause him to weep as he promised himself to prevent it. We do see her in that pool of blood, after all. Another possibility is that he is forced to make a another compromise on his own convictions due to the situation. Another is complete and total break down in which he failed to do something. As a result, everyone is down and/ or separated. He is short on runes, and a Dorssia soldier or teammate happens to be close by. Most likely a teammate that happened to find him.
Old 2013-11-03, 22:32   Link #96
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Maybe he attacks Shoko? That's the only person I can think of that he would shed any tears for at the moment.

Or he's crying because of the monster he may have to become in order to win this war?
Cue him turning into Shurer or Emperor Lelouch in true Sunrise style
Old 2013-11-04, 12:55   Link #97
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Cue him turning into Shurer or Emperor Lelouch in true Sunrise style
Whatever they have planned for him, I just hope they don't drop the ball.
Old 2013-11-04, 22:30   Link #98
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Whatever they have planned for him, I just hope they don't drop the ball.
Remembering S1 ep 10, I'll rather be surprise if Sunrise dropped the ball. So I say rest a sure that they won't .
Old 2013-11-04, 23:36   Link #99
Kurohane

^ "Campaign Promise of Love"? How is that proof they won't drop the ball. . . oh yeah, now I get it.
Old 2013-11-04, 23:44   Link #100
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Truth be told, I'm still waiting for the payoff and justification of that scene.

Tags
characters