AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2014-03-26, 08:58   Link #61
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
unless I am reading this incorrectly, the 1st GR is only theoretical.
They presume the 1st GR is based around the Magius homeworld, but they themselves have not made official contact yet. Aside from Magius that are marooned on Earth, that is.

That being said, what caused them to be marooned on Earth in the first place? Were they trying to escape a disaster? Maybe the 1st GR no longer exists
True, the epilogue stated that they are "trying" to make contact, so that means that they don't really have any idea on the current status of the Magius homeworld. The Magius on earth have been there for hundreds of years, so a lot can happen that that amount of time.

They dubbed it the 1GR because the eyewitness testimony of the Magius would confirm for them, but that was a long time ago, so all should only be speculation until proven. That's probably the purpose of making contact I guess.

The story is far from finished, all these new plot threads open up even after the anime ended, its clear that Sunrise plans to make another attempt at creating a popular mecha franchise outta this. They even gave themselves enough room to spawn multiple side stories & sequels. the time skip ensures that they can do sequels set between the 1st & 214th Galactic years & even do sequels set after the 214th Galactic year.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 09:27   Link #62
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Until they actually said L-elf is actually death, if there is a sequel he better be back. Though if he is death, that mean two of the original main male character is gone. I doubt Sunrise will only make a sequel focus only on Shoko, Saki and Akira, only on the girls. I wonder for the hypothetical sequel, they will come up with a asspull to make L-elf a Kamitsuki.

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2014-03-26 at 14:21.
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 12:24   Link #63
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Until they actually said L-elf is actual death, if there is a sequel he better be back. Though if he is death, that mean two of the original main male character is gone. I doubt Sunrise will only make a sequel focus only on Shoko, Saki and Akira, only on the girls. I wonder for the hypothetical sequel, they will come up with a asspull to make L-elf a Kamitsuki.
Well he was nowhere to be seen during the epilogue based in the future. At the same time, like you said, they didn't give us a definite answer on his status. Weird that they would do that, but they were smart enough to leave it open.

I think a series focusing on Shoko, Saki and Akira could be interesting. You would just need someone who was really good at handling characters. If anything a side story about what happened during the timeskip. Focus on Shoko getting over Haruto's death and actually redeeming herself. Plus, since it's not set in distant future you could throw L-Elf in there, seeing as how he would still be alive.
Old 2014-03-26, 14:22   Link #64
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Well he was nowhere to be seen during the epilogue based in the future. At the same time, like you said, they didn't give us a definite answer on his status. Weird that they would do that, but they were smart enough to leave it open.

I think a series focusing on Shoko, Saki and Akira could be interesting. You would just need someone who was really good at handling characters. If anything a side story about what happened during the timeskip. Focus on Shoko getting over Haruto's death and actually redeeming herself. Plus, since it's not set in distant future you could throw L-Elf in there, seeing as how he would still be alive.
I'm all for Akira and especially for Saki, but... Shoko? Nah, she has her chance and I don't want to see her ever again.
Old 2014-03-26, 14:40   Link #65
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
I'm all for Akira and especially for Saki, but... Shoko? Nah, she has her chance and I don't want to see her ever again.
Then replace Shoko with Kreim or Takahi. More big bangs the better.
Old 2014-03-26, 15:09   Link #66
Frontier

I would personally enjoy seeing a series dealing with Shoko reeling from guilt over her actions in season 2, and her depression over Haruto's death and how she was never able to properly tell him how she feels, and rising above that to become Valvrave I's new pilot and try and forge a new, and better path between humans, Kamitsuki, and willing Magius' .

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-03-26 at 15:23.
Frontier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 15:20   Link #67
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I would personally enjoy seeing a series dealing with Shoko reeling from guilt over her actions in season 2, and her depression over Haruto's death and how she was never able to properly tell him how she feels, and rising above that to become Valvrave I's new pilot and try and forge a new, and better path between humans, Kamitsuki, and will Magius' .
Pretty much this. One of the big problems I had with her character was that we didn't really see her get a chance to redeem herself. Also closure concerning her feelings for Haruto. It could also build on her relationship with Saki and Akira.
Old 2014-03-27, 06:07   Link #68
Key Board
Carbon

I said it before.
L-Elf going to be a supercomputer brain in a jar
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 10:09   Link #69
stagrider

Since it was removed from the other thread.
Haruto and Shoko LN
http://pastebin.com/hJaPCJqD

Bonus: Haruto and Lise LN
http://pastebin.com/7N4JUd0J
stagrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 13:00   Link #70
LightDragonman

Wow, is Haruto really that dedicated to Shoko? I mean, what about all the things Saki has done for you? Yet you still think Shoko is better simply for being your childhood crush. -_-
LightDragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 13:23   Link #71
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
Wow, is Haruto really that dedicated to Shoko? I mean, what about all the things Saki has done for you? Yet you still think Shoko is better simply for being your childhood crush. -_-
You don't need a reason to love someone.

/edit

I ship SakixHaruto also, but I gave up on it after the ending of VVV.
I moved on
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 15:11   Link #72
Frontier

Huh. So Haruto and Shoko get a better resolution in the LN, and Shoko even apologizes for everything she's done. Another instance of the novel having stuff that would've greatly benefitted the anime .
Old 2014-03-29, 19:38   Link #73
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagrider View Post
Since it was removed from the other thread.
Haruto and Shoko LN
http://pastebin.com/hJaPCJqD

Bonus: Haruto and Lise LN
http://pastebin.com/7N4JUd0J
Now that is definitely better than canon. Still no love for Saki?
Old 2014-03-29, 19:51   Link #74
LightDragonman

From what I've gathered, Saki's spin-off manga gives her proper closure in regards to Haruto as well.

Now why couldn't they do this for the anime?
Old 2014-03-29, 20:25   Link #75
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
From what I've gathered, Saki's spin-off manga gives her proper closure in regards to Haruto as well.

Now why couldn't they do this for the anime?
Not to pissed off fans, you can imagine my level of rage if Haruto hugged Shoko while rekindle their relationship and acting all lovey-dovey when Saki got the stab.
Old 2014-03-29, 22:22   Link #76
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Not to pissed off fans, you can imagine my level of rage if Haruto hugged Shoko while rekindle their relationship and acting all lovey-dovey when Saki got the stab.
It sounds you still hopeful for their ship, I give up on Haruto's carelessness about Saki. They should leave Michale out, since he ran out for his own reason. They should leave one Velvrave pilot to guard Saki's body. Then, they can regroup.
The recon team is very mean to Saki.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 22:29   Link #77
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

What's with all the lingering attachments to Haruto? He's dead, that's all that matters right now. So, seeing those Ln bits are meh to me because that's all they'll ever be, just that. No need to rage over which girl got hugged or who got to apologize etc... At the end of the day, all ships involving him are sunk by default.

It would've made more sense to give a better resolved ending to characters that are still alive because that'd open a world of possibilities & allow for the reader's mind to wander.

With Haruto, it just feels like some last ditch fanservice or damage control to soothe the fans that were unsatisfied with the anime.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 22:36   Link #78
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Well technically the problems I have with Haruto's ultimate fate are pretty much what keyboard and I said earlier on the image thread before the comments were deleted

All in all the only people who ended up getting paired were Satomi and Takahi and L-Elf and whoever (because we have space prince in the epilogue) all due to Flag-Crusher Okouchi

Last edited by KleenexGhost; 2014-03-29 at 22:47.
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 22:41   Link #79
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
It sounds you still hopeful for their ship, I give up on Haruto's carelessness about Saki. They should leave Michale out, since he ran out for his own reason. They should leave one Velvrave pilot to guard Saki's body. Then, they can regroup.
The recon team is very mean to Saki.
I literally won't give a F about Haruto if Saki doesn't like him, it just that when Saki invested so much and sacrifice so much for Haruto it really irk me to my heart that SakiHaru didn't happened. Had Saki hasn't done as much as in anime for Haruto, I'll accepted that I'm on the losing but for what she had done it just isn't fair to Saki...

Adding the fact I just really really really really really really really really really love Saki, other facts that I'm complaining to this days it mean I still very much love Saki. Fictional character yes I know, but fuck the boundary, Saki for LIFE!
Old 2014-03-30, 00:10   Link #80
LightDragonman

Yeah, them all just leaving Saki behind really didn't angered me. And then when they got back, they didn't show any sort of concern or start making plans for her retrieval; instead they decided to throw fricken festivities!!!

Hello? The rescue of any person, especially one of your own Valvrave pilots should come as a much higher priority then whatever festival Shoko wants to throw. It makes the entire group come across as completely unfeeling, especially when coupled with their lack of any sort of attempt at consoling L'Elf over his loss.

What do you know? The two most logical clear minded people are the ones who got screwed, while everyone else got to celebrate. At least Haruto showed a bit of concern for those two. Everyone else?