Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-11-08, 22:55   Link #281
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
in the anime and the manga when doctor clover was taking with the WG when he was about to say the name of the ancients civilization that the WG destroyed a long time ago he got a shot without being able to say it ... but i think it will be name D. name

so maybe the name D. is traditional way of naming the people who lived there .. even the clans ..

about raftel when the war 800 to 1000 years ago started between this civilization and WG. their technology and science where more advanced than the WG .. and i think their civilization exited in Grandline, the strong countries at that time gathered and created alliance to destroy that civilization because they where afraid of it science and ideals .. and they won .. most likely buster call was created at that time ..

but the question is where the lived !!? i think they where the ones who created the Gate of justice (most likely it name wasn't that) and eneis lobby .. but i think those islands where there stronghold .. and not the main city .. so what about if their main city was in raftel .. and before the evacuate from their homes in raftel they activated something to protect reftel from falling to WG .. and only a selected clan can open the way to raftel.

so D. can mean:
1- that his clan used to leave in that country ??
2- he belongs to the highest clan in that country ??
3- something else...
who's doctor clover? i seemed to have forgotten :P
Old 2006-11-09, 01:06   Link #282
S_C_L-1

the guy with weird hair in Ohara.
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 03:08   Link #283
chitgoks

the wg were afraid shanks and wb met up because they may have thought theyd join forces. if they knew shanks was just going to talk about ace, then that bombardment wouldnt have been necessary
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 04:51   Link #284
matsuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
the wg were afraid shanks and wb met up because they may have thought theyd join forces. if they knew shanks was just going to talk about ace, then that bombardment wouldnt have been necessary
Two things:

1. your talking about current manga stuff, so use spoiler captions, and;
2. It was a Naval Blocade, not Bombardment. That means they put ships between the two, trying to stop them getting to each other.
matsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 17:25   Link #285
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Question:

in the wiki, they wrote shanks age as 37 years old ... i was wandering where it was mentioned (the source they took shanks age from) ??
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 15:48   Link #286
S_C_L-1

most likely, an SBS.
Old 2006-11-11, 18:39   Link #287
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Question:

in the wiki, they wrote shanks age as 37 years old ... i was wandering where it was mentioned (the source they took shanks age from) ??
I don't know maybe the official data book for One Piece. But don't worry wiki's information is very reliable. Hasn't let me down yet.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 04:16   Link #288
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
I don't know maybe the official data book for One Piece. But don't worry wiki's information is very reliable. Hasn't let me down yet.
umm.. the reason why i ask because it doesn't make any sence ... specially with latest chapter ...

Spoiler:

that's my thought in shanks ...
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 17:32   Link #289
pwindom92

ok everyone just needs 2 read the latest chapter in one piece and u will see tht when shank's sword collides with whitebeard's spear the CLOUDS tear apart with the force of the impact!!!
pwindom92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 17:51   Link #290
S_C_L-1

ppl have trouble reading even the post immediately preceding their own... i wouldnt hold my breath >_>
Old 2006-11-13, 07:25   Link #291
d'luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwindom92 View Post
ok everyone just needs 2 read the latest chapter in one piece and u will see tht when shank's sword collides with whitebeard's spear the CLOUDS tear apart with the force of the impact!!!
really... i better read that chap... thanks!
d'luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 07:52   Link #292
Axis
Yuusha-Oh

Send a message via MSN to Axis Send a message via Yahoo to Axis
Quote:

5- when luffy ate DF , shanks was angry and his words at that time somehow indicate that he didn't have DF ability at that time (i don't know if he got any later) also it means he become 1 of the 4 great pirates without DF ability.

[/Spoiler]
Quote:
Nope, Mihawk is stronger than Shanks, because it is stated that Mihawk fought Shanks and Whitebeard and yet he still retain's the Title World's greatest swordsman!!!!
Shanks, seems to me as not really a swordsman. He... just doesn't look the type. Probably he just uses swords before getting serious and resort to a greater combat style. Besides, that sword of his doesn't really look that special.. just a normal sword or something. the swordsman we've seen in One Piece at the very least, know that better swords are good. (Except for hachi though.) Either way, Shanks might have lost at skill despite his possibility of possesing very brute strength in a swordfight.

About that, airblue... I don't really know much, but maybe that's just him not wanting Luffy to have all the inconveniences one has after eating a Devil Fruit.
Axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 10:39   Link #293
S_C_L-1

or maybe the fact that it was HIS... and that it was worth a buttload...
Old 2006-11-14, 19:43   Link #294
psychotic_tensai

well, i definitely thinks shanks is strong, after all would a simple clashing of swords result in the heavens splitting? ehe, that made me laugh really. but im excited see how this whole four emperor thing would play out. i also wish luffy would battle one of the emperors and get the title himself. hehe
psychotic_tensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 10:51   Link #295
Fire Ace

Send a message via ICQ to Fire Ace Send a message via MSN to Fire Ace
What do you think about Red hair

The red hair pirate is a great man!He changed luffy's whole life.I think Red hair is one of the best pirates in One piece.His strenght can be compared enough with king pirate !Futhermore,Shanks is the one of Four Emperors.Therefore no matter how soft he is,shanks is still the most powerfull man in Four Blues!

When shanks decided to make a bet in "new generation", even though he lost his lift hand,he won a promise of luffy that,vowing to be the king of pirate.Then shanks give luffy his strawhat.The legend is beginning from this time...........
Fire Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 20:23   Link #296
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis View Post
Shanks, seems to me as not really a swordsman. He... just doesn't look the type. Probably he just uses swords before getting serious and resort to a greater combat style. Besides, that sword of his doesn't really look that special.. just a normal sword or something. the swordsman we've seen in One Piece at the very least, know that better swords are good. (Except for hachi though.) Either way, Shanks might have lost at skill despite his possibility of possesing very brute strength in a swordfight.

About that, airblue... I don't really know much, but maybe that's just him not wanting Luffy to have all the inconveniences one has after eating a Devil Fruit.
Shanks is a swordsman and fights with a sword. See him attack Whitebeard.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 12:10   Link #297
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Shanks is a swordsman and fights with a sword. See him attack Whitebeard.
Actually I agree with Axis, he just doesn't have any of the familiar symptoms of what a swordsman should be. I mean I know he's a swordsman, but I just feel like the sword attacks aren't his primary method of fighting. Even his sword doesn't seem like a serious swordsman's sword.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 23:34   Link #298
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Oda said that Shanks has world-class skills with a sword (that makes him a swordsman). It is also said that Shanks sword is top class as well.

The guy rivaled Mihawk for crying out loud.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 20:31   Link #299
Duzt2duzt

Shanks could kick Mihawk's ass anyday Shanks is so cool
Duzt2duzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 03:02   Link #300
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzt2duzt View Post
Shanks could kick Mihawk's ass anyday Shanks is so cool
Blasphemy! There is a reason why Mihawk is known as the best.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote