AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 17 29.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 26.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.51%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-18, 23:36   Link #221
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
This reminds me of the scene from 00 where Neil tries to kill Setsuna because he finds out that Setsuna was a terrorist. If Setsuna was a person who worked with your parent's killer, Neil's first thoughts would be "what the hell's this guy doing on our team?". I'm sure Faldio probably felt that way about Alicia when he found out that that Alicia's a valkyria.
You being sure is probably irrelevant at this point, as we were not given a reason why Faldio shot Alicia, nor do we have any evidence to suggest that he was processing his thoughts the way Neil did. And if he did, why apologize?

Moreover, if we are going to take this much assumptions and guesswork to connect the plot, then it probably already failed script-wise.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-08-18 at 23:51.
Old 2009-08-18, 23:52   Link #222
Captain Roronoa Zoro

faldio just became my favorite character
Old 2009-08-19, 00:18   Link #223
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You being sure is probably irrelevant at this point, as we were not given a reason why Faldio shot Alicia, nor do we have any evidence to suggest that he was processing his thoughts the way Neil did. And if he did, why apologize?

Moreover, if we are going to take this much assumptions and guesswork to connect the plot, then it probably already failed script-wise.

- Tak
Because he is convinced that to beat a Valkyria another Valkyria is required.

With this, good morning to everybody... Just woke up and see that you added two additional pages still discussing wether Faldio has a reason or not...
Old 2009-08-19, 00:21   Link #224
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Because he is convinced that to beat a Valkyria another Valkyria is required.

With this, good morning to everybody... Just woke up and see that you added two additional pages still discussing wether Faldio has a reason or not...
You know... this was never about whether Faldio had the reason or not... this was more about the horrible presentation that we are witnessing.

The script is so terribly done that it had rendered one of the most important plot impotent. I really don't know how many times I have to repeat myself. Look, whether Fad had a reason or not at this point is of secondary importance. A badly placed plot device is still a badly placed plot device.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-08-19, 00:23   Link #225
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Even though the time between Faldio's loss of Squad 1 and Alicia's "assasination" was pretty short, Faldio already knew that Alicia was a valkyria beforhand, so that's why Faldio acted this way. Instead of babbling about this whole "processing and calculation", how come we can't assume that Faldio did this out of whole desperation because Alicia is the same kind as the killer of Squad 1? An adaptation doesn't have to be the exact same as the game itself you know.

Quote:
Not surprisingly, from this point on, everything will feel rushed because of the lack of focus that had preceded!
Stop assuming that things will become screwed up because the directors screwed up at least one thing. How do you know that this series is going to turn exactly like what you predicted?

Quote:
Even if Faldio did have a reason or not, the outcome will become clear; Alicia would awaken as a Valkyria. End of Discussion.
Quote:
The script is so terribly done that it had rendered one of the most important plot impotent.
Now you're just overreacting.
Old 2009-08-19, 00:28   Link #226
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You know... this was never about whether Faldio had the reason or not... this was more about the horrible presentation that we are witnessing.

The script is so terribly done that it had rendered one of the most important plot impotent. I really don't know how many times I have to repeat myself. Look, whether Fad had a reason or not at this point is of secondary importance. A badly placed plot device is still a badly placed plot device.

- Tak
Thinking about what you just said you may be correct. But since the whole series was not 1:1 with the game I can' t really complain that they changed some scenarios. I think the key message has been given and that is that Faldio is the one who "awakens" the valkyria in alicia.
Old 2009-08-19, 00:44   Link #227
Tak

Quote:
An adaptation doesn't have to be the exact same as the game itself you know.
Nor does an adaption have to feel like a piece of shit. Especially if half the series felt like an attempt at trolling... then I have second thoughts.

Quote:
Stop assuming that things will become screwed up because the directors screwed up at least one thing. How do you know that this series is going to turn exactly like what you predicted?
1. You might want to tell me this when we were at... episode 4.
2. What do you think I expect this to turn out? At this point, you are seriously telling me that I should 'expect' anything?

Quote:
Even if Faldio did have a reason or not, the outcome will become clear; Alicia would awaken as a Valkyria. End of Discussion.
Oh dear Valkyrie! Say it ain't so! I really didn't see that coming! Really!? Nah, really?!

Yeah, no shit! But that was never the point of this discussion.

Quote:
Now you're just overreacting.
Bad script is bad script, and I don't feel like taking crap laying down. I don't know about you, but thats none of my business.

- Tak

Old 2009-08-19, 00:59   Link #228
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Nor does an adaption have to feel like a piece of shit. Especially if half the series felt like an attempt at trolling... then I have second thoughts.
That's your opinion, not everyone else's.

Quote:
Bad script is bad script, and I don't feel like taking crap laying down. I don't know about you, but thats none of my business.
If this is none of your business why do you keep complaining about the script then? I honestly thought that the script in this series wasn't really that bad (although if VC was going to be 50 episodes I would've been happy.)

and for god's sakes chill out man.
Old 2009-08-19, 01:34   Link #229
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Wow and aww.

Spoiler for Squad 1 and Alicia...:
Old 2009-08-19, 01:50   Link #230
JokerD

OK... who left a loaded gun with the crazy guy, is it for him to off himself or something? Guess I'm expecting too much common sense from TV

All I can say is, it's lucky Fat General did not want Squad 7 on the front lines, or it'll turn into squad 1's show from now on.

Still I find Faldio's change a bit strange, I believe it was 2 eps ago that he said something to the extent of having lost 4 men and he doesn't blame himself for it. Guess a entire squad was too much for him
Old 2009-08-19, 01:58   Link #231
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:

Years of experience my friend. We've seen it all before already. We know fail when we see it.
Old 2009-08-19, 02:08   Link #232
dark_samurai11

Did anyoneone else see him trying out a sniper rifle in one of the previous episodes. I'm guessing he was going to use it on alicia, but changed his mind. He thought he could win the war without awakening alicias powers, but seeing his squad get destroyed changed his mind. I guess he thought he needed a valkyia afterall, he said sorry because he knew he was going to have to shoot her to awaken her valkyria power.
Old 2009-08-19, 02:36   Link #233
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
OK... who left a loaded gun with the crazy guy, is it for him to off himself or something? Guess I'm expecting too much common sense from TV

All I can say is, it's lucky Fat General did not want Squad 7 on the front lines, or it'll turn into squad 1's show from now on.

Still I find Faldio's change a bit strange, I believe it was 2 eps ago that he said something to the extent of having lost 4 men and he doesn't blame himself for it. Guess a entire squad was too much for him
You are in the middle of a battlefield. Don't know how your military are spending their time in camp but during shift/duty most higher and the sergeants ranked carry their weapon with them.
Old 2009-08-19, 02:37   Link #234
snarf2691

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_samurai11 View Post
Did anyoneone else see him trying out a sniper rifle in one of the previous episodes. I'm guessing he was going to use it on alicia, but changed his mind. He thought he could win the war without awakening alicias powers, but seeing his squad get destroyed changed his mind. I guess he thought he needed a valkyia afterall, he said sorry because he knew he was going to have to shoot her to awaken her valkyria power.
yeah i saw him practicing with the rifle which made me believe the scenario would work out like the game and that scene would be a little hint for people who watch carefully. sadly the writers decided to take away the guessing game and have faldio shoot alicia in person.

and selvaria's valkyrur powers are being overplayed a bit are they not?
Old 2009-08-19, 03:34   Link #235
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
That's your opinion, not everyone else's.
Actually it's about 90% of the people's opinions who post in this sub section.

Including mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarf2691 View Post
and selvaria's valkyrur powers are being overplayed a bit are they not?
No not really. The legend speaks of this kind of power, and that's what you see in this episode.
Old 2009-08-19, 04:02   Link #236
snarf2691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
No not really. The legend speaks of this kind of power, and that's what you see in this episode.
i figured that the power in the legend and the "darcsen calamity" was so fearful due to there being more than one valkyrur with such strength. i can understand that selvaria could destroy a tank with such a charge, but wouldn't there be a limitation to how vast her destruction can be in one blow? wouldn't her ragnite infused weapon at least be destroyed from that blast? i mean she took out the entire field. even in the game selvaria and alicia's powers were limited to destroying a turret and a bunker at most with one blow, but not an entire battlefield in one hit.
Old 2009-08-19, 04:47   Link #237
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

You people still believe that destruction was caused by Selveria? Didn't you get the hint at 14:00 in the episode:

Spoiler for what really happened:
Old 2009-08-19, 04:50   Link #238
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

I seriously hope Alicia doesn't wake up later and tells Faldio that she forgives him for shooting/trying to kill her.
Old 2009-08-19, 05:48   Link #239
Lexich

What we see here is Faldio shooting Alicia. He is shell-shocked, lost all his squad to terrible Valkyria's power. He also likes Alicia, and knows she is Valkyria herself. I'm pretty sure he thinks "no one should be allowed such a power" at this moment.
You have already seen, he does what needs to be done, just like when he effectively sacrificed those Darksen refugees. That's why he is sorry, but still kills Alicia.
Old 2009-08-19, 05:51   Link #240
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
I seriously hope Alicia doesn't wake up later and tells Faldio that she forgives him for shooting/trying to kill her.
Or even worse, no one ever finds out he did anything.