AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 39 36.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 35.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 16.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-07, 08:42   Link #161
4ran

Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeitaroNagato View Post
I understand that Ryuuji as a young man, he is prone to failure, but yet at this point, would he understand the opportunities that lays ahead. It's so obvious what Ami was stating to him, and yet he still didnt get it, BOY.... he is truly a one-track mind.
i think he got what Ami said but he did not give much attention because he knows that she has two faces and he already knows that she trys to annoy Taiga and loves to be drama queen.. that is all
Old 2008-12-07, 10:46   Link #162
passin'gass
Cropduster

Ami's assessment of RyuujixMinorin pairing as sun/moon is spot-on! He'll run himself ragged trying to mentally and physically keep up with her.

On the other hand, what Ami seems to want is an Alpha Female/Beta Male relationship.

And i still think Yuusaku is a closet Bi.
Old 2008-12-07, 11:34   Link #163
arkxkra
全力全開

good episode.
Ryuuji really scare of ghost related thing, being set up some more . Ami really like to tease Ryuuji, but Im not sure what she thinking, she tease Ryuuji for fun or really like him.. (?)
Look forward to next episode, it look like Ryuuji and Taiga has a big fight?
Old 2008-12-07, 11:36   Link #164
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ran View Post
i think he got what Ami said but he did not give much attention because he knows that she has two faces and he already knows that she trys to annoy Taiga and loves to be drama queen.. that is all
He he he. I watched this episode already eight times, and now I came to the conclusion that Ami has some feelings for Ryuuji. I will not be surprise if in the future she becomes a total "bitch" towards him and/or Taiga, do to the fact that she realized that she has fallen for Ryuuji. The reasons are the following:

1. She is always the center of attention. Therefore she would try to get Ryuuji to noticed her more, and seem she it willingly to do so.

2. She is always the type to go after the best. Now that she realized that Ryuuji is a genuine guy, a perfect gem, she will do anything or everything to have him. Even helping him out, for future issues. It seems that she understands him more, and that is reflected to herself. In some cases, the way she is, it may come across to Ryuuji that is being so difficult to handle with, yet under that facade mask she puts on is indirectly showing support and her feeling to him.

3. She will not give up. At this point, she has not given up her total time with Ryuuji. It may seem so, but after realizing she feels about him, she will not stop and she is a better tactical planner then what people give credit for. Even Taiga and Minorin are obstacle, and she understand, but the biggest in her way is Taiga, even if Ryuuji doesn't realized that, Ami does. Hell has no fury when a women is in love (my own motto )

Quote:
Originally Posted by passin'gass View Post
Ami's assessment of RyuujixMinorin pairing as sun/moon is spot-on! He'll run himself ragged trying to mentally and physically keep up with her.

On the other hand, what Ami seems to want is an Alpha Female/Beta Male relationship.

And i still think Yuusaku is a closet Bi.
I believe Ami will do her best, there is nothing that will keep her away from Ryuuji. I have a feeling she will scheme details to have him, after all in this episode she has paid more attention to him, and also in her vocabulary there is "no option to give up anymore", and she will not let Taiga to will. After all she knows want she wants.

And as for Yuusaku, I dont think he is one. He is the type of person that is comfortable of his body, doesn't care what other think. Also keep in mind the culture differences, usually in Japan sexually is not a big deal as it is here in North America. Its common, that boys/guys take showers together, and change together in the same room, just like the girls/gals. Its not a big deal, while here in our North American upbringing it is. There is respect between the female and male bodies, for Yuusaku to walk in naked shows how comfortable he is with Ryuuji, after all he is his best friend. So they are naturally close.

^^
Old 2008-12-07, 14:07   Link #165
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by satuross View Post
10:30 , dark cave

did minorin said Hauu~~~~....

HANYUU?!!
Same voice actress.

So yes, probably a reference.
Old 2008-12-07, 15:20   Link #166
typhonsentra

Reference to what?
Old 2008-12-07, 15:42   Link #167
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

HiguKai.

Minori's "Haaaauuuu" is the catchphrase of Hanyuu from HiguKai, also voiced by Yui Horie.
Old 2008-12-07, 17:53   Link #168
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Minori x Ryuuji moment, although he didn´t realise what she wanted to say when the fireworks went off, yet they had a deep talk. thumps up for this scene

Ami x Ryuuji moment, Ryuuji is just a too nice guy for his own good, but he gets all the girls lmao, a very nice situation aswell, Ami´s declaration of love, and i hope that´s her true nature

oh and the closing scene of the episode, where taiga went dere dere and sticked close to Ryuuji, damn i´m not into the loli tsundere, i´d like to see the more sophisticated characters like Minori to prevail in the end for once, but i guess that ain´t happening :/ i´d be more satisfied with Ami aswell.

oh and for an assumption
Spoiler for Kitamura:
Old 2008-12-07, 18:03   Link #169
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, no... He's a stone cold masochist, that's what he is. That, or simply crazy.

Old 2008-12-07, 18:25   Link #170
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyknight View Post
which makes me wonder if he still likes Minori... especially when Taiga has entered into his life
He definitely likes her, it's clear that all the attention he got from her in the last two episodes were very precious moments to him. In fact from the moment they met in the corridor in episode 1 his reaction to her when she pays attention to him hasn't varied, he always seems to be on cloud nine when she speaks to him.

However that's not to say that he doesn't now prefer Taiga somewhere deep inside, certainly he's more at ease with her, but if so that's because of developments with Taiga and not a sign of any loss of interest in Minori.

Quote:
The ending might have been relatively predictable from the very start.
The title is a strong hint, but it could be a misdirection. Taiga and Ryuuji could conceivably both end up with someone else whilst remaining close platonic friends and confidantes like they are now.

To my mind the real wild card is Ami, the obvious plot twist ending would be for Ryuuji to end up with neither the oh-so obvious Taiga, nor his desired Minori, but cutting the gordian knot and choosing Ami. Certainly if he goes along with any more of Taiga's harebrained schemes re. capturing Minori I can see his chances with her plummetting (maybe that's Taiga's plan? To screw up his chances with Minori whilst pretending to help him?)

Re. his chances with Minori I think his rival is Kitamura: Kitamura and Minori are obviously very close in a similar way to Taiga x Ryuuji, they are relaxed with each other, have similar interests, and she turns to him for help for things like doing the scare plot — and note that in helping her with that plot he sided with her against his supposed best friend, Ryuuji!

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2008-12-07, 20:06   Link #171
Kushi

See those Ami x Ryuuji moments and everyone over analysising them made my heart jump! There were a lot of signs I missed when watching the episode the first time... and hopefully the directors were serious about those signs... because right now I'm supporting Ami x Ryuuji 1000 times more than I support Taiga x Ryuuji... I really hope they decide to change the ending! I love Ami to death... and with this episode I love her even more than I could ever possibly imagine!
Old 2008-12-07, 22:53   Link #172
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post
See those Ami x Ryuuji moments and everyone over analysising them made my heart jump! There were a lot of signs I missed when watching the episode the first time... and hopefully the directors were serious about those signs... because right now I'm supporting Ami x Ryuuji 1000 times more than I support Taiga x Ryuuji... I really hope they decide to change the ending! I love Ami to death... and with this episode I love her even more than I could ever possibly imagine!
i support your idea.. but the probability of it ever happening is.. well quite low
i click more with ami x ryuji than ryuji x taiga anyway
Old 2008-12-08, 01:16   Link #173
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
What proves to me with this episode is that Ami is key part to the structure of Toradora as she makes things interesting and changes thing up from the formula. Since The rest of the main cast is bonded by a relationship of some kind, Ami doesn't need to have romance to define her character.

And I guess it also shows to me how everyone kind of revolves around Minori. Minori is Taiga's best friend, Ryuuji sees her as a crush and Yuusaku and her are nearly identical. And Minori doesn't see Ami for her cuteness or has a problem with antics around Taiga. It's just kind of peculiar how everyone is tied together, it just makes me wonder about what's going to happen in future episodes.
Old 2008-12-08, 06:07   Link #174
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Hmm

What Ami meant by sun-moon analogy is: Minorin will overwhelm Ryuji so much that he has no personality in the relationship. Afterall, moon reflects the sun but has no source of light by itself. Hence what public see is Minorin and Minorin's boyfriend instead of Minorin and Ryuji.

That is my take.

Pretty advanced for 15-17 years old people. Wow.
Old 2008-12-08, 10:56   Link #175
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Yea, that makes a lot of sense. What about the second part of Ami's words, where she said that the one whom Ryuuji should be with is -? Does anyone think that Ami was about to say Taiga rather than herself?
Old 2008-12-08, 12:27   Link #176
Caster13
=^_^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Pretty advanced for 15-17 years old people. Wow.
A non-sequitur.

The anime's art style gives me the impression that the characters appear older than they appear. They look more like high school seniors, even university student freshmen, than 2nd year high schoolers to me.

That's probably just me though.
Old 2008-12-08, 14:27   Link #177
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

...I'm pretty sure I was capable of making analogies like that when I was 17.
Old 2008-12-08, 14:33   Link #178
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

We don't really give much credit to the generation(s) that is(are) younger than ours, do we?
Granted, they don't always talk like they do in Dawson's Creek or something, but some kids nowadays are pretty perceptive.

Maybe that's a trend showing in recent anime, as well... at least, I'm starting to notice some examples, like this series (granted, it comes mainly from the light novels, but...) and stuff like Higurashi. It's not just dumb kids running around, all the time.

Old 2008-12-08, 14:41   Link #179
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

The vast majority of anime are set in high schools... a lot of older adults say that all the kids in those series act like they're 30, even when a lot of kids actually are that smart.

I prefer to think of it as the kind of adults who say things like that are 30-year-olds acting like they're 17.

And I thought the kids in Higurashi were fairly dumb, actually. Even if they are awesome.
Old 2008-12-08, 14:48   Link #180
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Then, they can't be all that dumb. Dumb kids can't, by definition, be awesome.

Closed Thread