AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-09-25, 01:45   Link #2881
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I personally really like Athena she's now like second only to hinagiku... Perhaps it's because her appearance signaled an actual plot to the manga. Also I like how honest she is about her feelings and as of yet the only one who's kissed Hayate and has openly expressed her effection for him. A refreshing change from all the tsundere i like you i don't like you crap.

Off course Ayumi also said she likes him but I just don't find her presence all that endearing..
Old 2009-09-25, 01:47   Link #2882
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
i dont what ur talking about but im almost 100% certain athena will get pretty big in the HnG fanbase, every time I make someone read end of the world (they were anime watchers only) almost 80% of the time they instantly love Athena (many of them actually making them their new #1 for the series)....so
What I meant is that there inevitable will be disliking and liking toward Athena. No offense to Mentar, Primular, qwertyman, but there will be anime watchers that just don't like Athena for their reasons (which is totally fine).

Side note: Glad to hear it ^^. In the Vietnamese websites I have been through, A-tan is getting pretty popular there too.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 01:50   Link #2883
Used Can

Honestly, I don't see the problem with people liking her or disliking her. In the end, people can say whatever they want.

Also, if you want popularity, she's already 5th.

Anyway, hopefully, we'll get spoilers tomorrow.
Old 2009-09-25, 01:52   Link #2884
Koroshiya_Kame_13

For those dying to even know a little bit about chapter 242 here is the spoilers.
Spoiler for Chapter 242 Picture:

血を流し倒れ込むハヤテ

1人风吕に入りながら物思いにふけるヒナギク
屋敷に戻ってから歩との会话の回想
想いは伝えられなかったこと、なにがあったかは気持ちが整理できてから
话すことを伝えて部屋にこもる
10年も想っていたなら、ハヤテの后を押したのは正しかったと言い闻かせる

そこに风吕の中から水着&シュノーケルで飞び出してくる美希
裸でスキンシップ
なにがあったかはしらないが、无理にでも笑颜になっただろ?と言う
旅の最后は、笑颜でと

一方のハヤテは、マキナの前に倒れ伏している
マキナはハヤテの王玉を取ろうとするが、信じられない力でマキナの腕をつかむハヤテ
マキナは焦り、あの力を使わせてくれとアテネに伝えるが(テレパシー?)
アテネはいつそんなことしろっつったこのバカと言う
そして、とりあえず中に入るよう伝えるのだった
To sum it up this is what happens.
1. Nishizawa asks Hinagiku what has happened. Hinagiku replies that she'll tell her after she sorts it out.
2. Miki goes to find Hinagiku to increase physical feelings?(Shown in the spoiler picture)(Direct translation from Chinese) and tells her to not try too hard.
3. When Machina tries to take the stone Hayate grabs his arm with unbelievable strength. (Don't know if they meant it literally)
4. Machina? asks Athena to use a power, she refuses and calls him an idiot and tells him to let Hayate in.
Someone please do a full translation.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 01:53   Link #2885
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFF WHAT!??

oh god Hayate still has life huh>
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 01:54   Link #2886
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
i dont what ur talking about but im almost 100% certain athena will get pretty big in the HnG fanbase, every time I make someone read end of the world (they were anime watchers only) almost 80% of the time they instantly love Athena (many of them actually making them their new #1 for the series)....and im talking like 10+ people so far
I doubt that, to be honest. After the End of the World arc, she managed to place 5th, but after the known places 1-4. And contrary to those 4, I'd additionally bet that Athena has the highest "negatives" of all main characters. She is the only character that I could easily picture as an eventual antagonist (no other character in the top20 would have a shot at that).

We'll see. 3rd season looks pretty much definite.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 01:58   Link #2887
zodanhko
*ignoring*

True, their feelings are to and for themselves so there is no problem.

It is just a fact (I think). To be honest, it won't be fun if there is no conflicts regarding fans.
Old 2009-09-25, 01:59   Link #2888
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

im just explaining my own experience, of course if we talk realistically it should be obvious that the chances of Hinagiku ever losing her #1 spot and almost 0%, and just like the past poll suggested, I think with Athena included we have already cemented the top 5 favs for the series, I can see some spots being switched between Nagi, Hayate, and Athena in the future....beatin Maria and her #2 spot is a bit more of wishful thinking of mine
Old 2009-09-25, 02:05   Link #2889
Koroshiya_Kame_13

After 10 weeks or so Hata finally decides to lighten the mood up a bit. I'm certain that Hinagiku left after the conversation with Hayate and he went alone. So for those who are waiting for Hinagiku to save Hayate I don't think it'll be coming. The spoiler picture had her naked in a big bath with Miki clinging onto her.
Old 2009-09-25, 02:07   Link #2890
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
After 10 weeks or so Hata finally decides to lighten the mood up a bit. I'm certain that Hinagiku left after the conversation with Hayate and he went alone. So for those who are waiting for Hinagiku to save Hayate I don't think it'll be coming. The spoiler picture had her naked in a big bath with Miki clinging onto her.
This further increases my love for a Hina x Hamster/Miki ending!!!
Old 2009-09-25, 02:13   Link #2891
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
im just explaining my own experience, of course if we talk realistically it should be obvious that the chances of Hinagiku ever losing her #1 spot and almost 0%, and just like the past poll suggested, I think with Athena included we have already cemented the top 5 favs for the series, I can see some spots being switched between Nagi, Hayate, and Athena in the future....beatin Maria and her #2 spot is a bit more of wishful thinking of mine
For some reason, I think Athena will top Maria once she get animated. But for Hinagiku, I guess introduced so late has it huge disadvantage.

Btw, for the second popularity contest, is it based only upon manga readers or can the anime viewers vote also?
Old 2009-09-25, 02:14   Link #2892
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Even though I already posted this I'll post it again in case people miss it.
Here are the spoilers.
血を流し倒れ込むハヤテ

1人风吕に入りながら物思いにふけるヒナギク
屋敷に戻ってから歩との会话の回想
想いは伝えられなかったこと、なにがあったかは気持ちが整理できてから
话すことを伝えて部屋にこもる
10年も想っていたなら、ハヤテの后を押したのは正しかったと言い闻かせる

そこに风吕の中から水着&シュノーケルで飞び出してくる美希
裸でスキンシップ
なにがあったかはしらないが、无理にでも笑颜になっただろ?と言う
旅の最后は、笑颜でと

一方のハヤテは、マキナの前に倒れ伏している
マキナはハヤテの王玉を取ろうとするが、信じられない力でマキナの腕をつかむハヤテ
マキナは焦り、あの力を使わせてくれとアテネに伝えるが(テレパシー?)
アテネはいつそんなことしろっつったこのバカと言う
そして、とりあえず中に入るよう伝えるのだった
The summary
1. Nishizawa asks Hinagiku what has happened. Hinagiku replies that she'll tell her after she sorts it out.
2. Miki goes to find Hinagiku to increase physical feelings?(Shown in the spoiler picture)(Direct translation from Chinese) and tells her to not try too hard.
3. When Machina tries to take the stone Hayate grabs his arm with unbelievable strength. (Don't know if they meant it literally)
4. Machina? asks Athena to use a power, she refuses and calls him an idiot and tells him to let Hayate in.
Wonder if primuler will do us the favour of translating this spoiler so we know more about it.
Old 2009-09-25, 02:15   Link #2893
Used Can

Hopefully, Hata won't leave us again with another cliffhanger.

Quote:
The spoiler picture had her naked in a big bath with Miki clinging onto her.

Quote:
The spoilers say it seemed Machina used some sort of telepathy.
Old 2009-09-25, 02:16   Link #2894
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
I must have misread things, so sorry about that. I mean, any character reaching the top5 already is "big with the community". So, you have been right - somehow I thought I had read "the top", and that would be quite a way (not impossible, but difficult).

I like the spoiler summary quite a lot, particularly the Miki bit. She has always been the character which understood Hina the best (in fact, even better than Hina herself), and seeing her lend a shoulder to Hina in one of her darkest hours is nice.

Well then, letsee what the Hayate-Athena reunion will bring.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 02:17   Link #2895
Koroshiya_Kame_13

I think he does leave another cliffhanger for us again. From what I've read I think Athena telling Machina to let Hayate in the house will be the last page.
Old 2009-09-25, 02:21   Link #2896
Used Can

I thought that was a bit anticlimactic though. I did want their battle to reach some sort of conclusion.
Old 2009-09-25, 02:27   Link #2897
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
Interesting spoilers. I'll be very interested to see Hayate and Athena's talking outs and whatnot over the next few chapters. The fact that Hayate still has the monstrous strength to fend off Machina is quite impressive (seeing as Machina is being portrayed with lots of strength physically).

By the way, I never really stated my favourite character of Hayate no Gotoku did I? Although I did rank Hinagiku up there (along with Athena from recent events), but overall from my impression of both the manga and the anime, I'd give it to Nagi or Hinagiku, I can't seperate them. If I had to right now, I'll probably give it to Hinagiku since the 2nd season has focused on her for quite a bit and not a lot on Nagi. From the manga solely, however, I'd probably give it to Hinagiku still since Athena hasn't really been properly placed into the storyline yet.
Opace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 02:33   Link #2898
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Sorry I forgot to add that Machina told Athena to use the power over telepathy but doesn't that add more insight on what Machina is? I don't think in all the mangas I've read that I've encountered a robot (if Machina is one) capable of telepathy.
Old 2009-09-25, 02:36   Link #2899
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Sorry I forgot to add that Machina told Athena to use the power over telepathy but doesn't that add more insight on what Machina is? I don't think in all the mangas I've read that I've encountered a robot (if Machina is one) capable of telepathy.
Does that mean there are two different kinds of power in display?
Old 2009-09-25, 02:47   Link #2900
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
I don't think Machina is a robot, personally. There is a very likely chance he is (due to his speech and his name) but I personally think he was referring himself to a demon in that brief scene of his saying murder is not murder if ___ etc. But that's just my thoughts.
Opace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen