Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2010-05-07, 22:47   Link #21
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Now this is a surprise. The original series was pretty good, hoping they don't drop the ball on this one like it usually happens with OVAs when they get too fanservice-happy.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 19:47   Link #22
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Going through the trailer, it looks to me like they'll be following the part of the manga with Kirihiko's introduction and story (Cause the novel's one... Wasn't very 'pleasant') and Murasaki going to Shinkurou's school With some Yuno vs Ginko as a side dish.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 15:29   Link #23
Kunagisa

Aaannnnnndddddddddddddddd it's out~~~ Saving thoughts for later when I'm not hyped up on July 4th celebrations, but damn those swimsuits .... sooo good to see Yuuno again T______T YOU ARE MY FAVORITE STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL (I totally did not remember she being so ... big).

Definitely looks better than the TV imo.

EDIT: I totally forgot how good Shinkurou's harem is too ...

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2010-07-03 at 15:41.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 22:07   Link #24
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Having now seen the OVA, I have to say...
Spoiler for OVA:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 07:57   Link #25
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Any hints on a fansub? Fansub wiki has some obvious speculation like BSS, but there's no mention of the show on their site.

Is this a single-episode OVA, or is there more to come? I'm resisting the urge to push that spoiler button!

Other than watching streamed Noitamina on Funi (gotta see those microbes again), I don't see anything else I have even the remotest interest in watching this summer besides Kure-nai.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2010-07-05 at 18:47. Reason: grammar
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 08:19   Link #26
Tri-ring

There are three short stories within the ODA and they are planning on releasing another one in fall (Oct. 8th)

http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/content...dvd/index.html

=EDIT=
Sorry the deadline for making reservations is Oct. 8 th, the actual ODA is scheduled to be released on Dec. 3rd

Last edited by Tri-ring; 2010-07-05 at 08:37. Reason: Correcting mitaken info.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 09:46   Link #27
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
EDIT: I totally forgot how good Shinkurou's harem is too ...
Hahaha, yeah. The latest manga chapter reminded us of his harem, so much fun.

Can't wait to see this episode.
Old 2010-07-05, 15:35   Link #28
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

Hope they don't mess the show with some musical contest like the previous series.

Does anyone know if Kuroda Takaya will voice Renjou (Murasaki's father) again?
Nijuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 15:57   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijuu View Post
Hope they don't mess the show with some musical contest like the previous series.
Personally i found the musical episode to be the best part about the series, though that just goes to show how taste can differ.
Old 2010-07-05, 16:38   Link #30
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Personally i found the musical episode to be the best part about the series, though that just goes to show how taste can differ.
Yes, I'm more into drama, angst... a bittersweet feeling.
Nijuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 18:40   Link #31
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Kure-nai had enough of that in the other eleven episodes. If you look at episode six as a recap episode, it's one of the best I've ever seen. It parodies the entire story while offering the actors a chance to show their chops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
There are three short stories within the ODA and they are planning on releasing another one ... on Dec. 3rd
Thanks! I'm happy to see it's not just a one-off item but a commitment, however tentative, to present another continuing story.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 21:46   Link #32
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Agreed. Also, all of those episode people may think of as filler only helped to add to how much Murasaki enjoyed life with Kurenai and everyone else.
Old 2010-07-05, 22:29   Link #33
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
I actually thought the series disappointed on that.

Its slice of life episodes were some of the best I've seen; I was particularly impressed by the realistically overlapping conversations and the musical episode which was just one big bundle of fun. The action, angst, drama -- more or less the entire second half the series -- just annoyed me. There was a certain polished quality to the whole show certainly, kind of like Eden of the East, yet like Eden I came out disappointed more because the polish set high expectations that the writing/plot didn't deliver.

People really have different tastes.

On that note though, if my opinion is like this, how would the OVA fare?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 03:52   Link #34
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
On that note though, if my opinion is like this, how would the OVA fare?
Then you would like this OVA. There's not much time to tell a proper story so they chose to give 3 short stories that are pretty standalone, save for the first one which has potential to be continued in the next OVA. EDIT: screw potential, just had a look at the site, it will be the focus of the next OVA. I'm even more excited now.

Imo they're all fun to watch. First story takes place at a pool, second is about Ginko's laptop and the third is Murasaki completing a picture diary for a school assignment. I won't say anymore than that. Only thing is that if you have no exposure with the novels or manga, then the sudden inclusion of Kirihiko Kirishima will be odd but she doesn't do much (at least in the first OVA) so it should be fine.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 04:34   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Sure i would have liked something more along the lines of the first season, though it's not that bad. I rather like the designs in the manga, plus it's always a treat to spend time with this wonderful cast.

But oh god Tamaki's foot attack.
Old 2010-07-06, 05:47   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah it's always nice to spend time with this group. Besides after the end of the series nice to have Murasaki having fun with everyone. Nothing better for friendship than busting up terrorist groups . Sure might like something bigger (like a second season), but this was pretty fun to watch.
Old 2010-07-06, 09:59   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I enjoyed the OVA a lot, although I had no idea who some of the characters were, since I don't read the manga. It was great to hear Sawashiro Miyuki and Yuuki Aoi as Shinkurou and Murasaki again, and to see the rest of the group. Was Yuuno always that awesome? I forgot.

My only complaint is the lack of Yayoi. Where was she?
The new bodyguard was pretty fun though.
Old 2010-07-06, 10:10   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Was Yuuno always that awesome? I forgot.
Yeah she was, though she never had that many times to shine in the spot light compared to this OVA.

Quote:
The new bodyguard was pretty fun though.
Do you not remember psycho Lin from the first season? That's her.
Old 2010-07-06, 11:09   Link #39
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Was Yuuno always that awesome? I forgot.
Remember, she's part of the Houzuki and the one who helped train Shinkurou and sparred with him. She's got to be awesome to be able to .

Quote:
Yeah she was, though she never had that many times to shine in the spot light compared to this OVA.
Don't forget Tamaki as well. I was really surprised how extra awesome she was in the manga, shame that side of her's never got shown at all in the tv series, iirc. I was hoping we'd get a slight glimpse of that here, instead of that footjo- I mean, nutcracker lol.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 12:06   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Do you not remember psycho Lin from the first season? That's her.
I had a feeling that was her, but she was so different that I wasn't sure. I must say, I like this version better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Remember, she's part of the Houzuki and the one who helped train Shinkurou and sparred with him. She's got to be awesome to be able to .
Yeah, I remembered that, but as Shiroth said, she didn't have a lot of opportunities to display her strength in the TV series. Also, I didn't remember her being that... big. I couldn't help myself:

Feel free to take it.

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen