AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-02-20, 01:06   Link #281
james0246

^That is a horse of a different colour (next time, don't ask for a thread about something as general as "Oda", you need to offer up a idea that will generate discussion). Give me a OP and I'll see about starting a thread...or I won't depending on the content and whether or not I couldn't simply change the SBS thread to include interviews or not (It might actually be a good idea to have an all purpose interview thread, so if that is what you'd like please write up that OP).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 01:31   Link #282
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Creating a thread does not take a lot of effort on your part.

What I have is a link that I believe is quite interesting, which will benefit my fellow posters, and I am curious as to how the discussion on it will go, so you can say that it is also for my own benefit. However it is not only for my own benefit. All this bureaucracy is very discouraging to people hoping to contribute to this board..it is only a thread, why all the fuss?
Old 2011-02-20, 01:47   Link #283
james0246

^It's forum policy to limit the creation of unnecessary threads (either if they present no real discussion (which is what a general Oda thread would entail), or the discussion has already taken place), especially since there are many relevant threads currently being unused...

That being said, I'm still waiting for the OP. I already said I would find a place for an interview, even if we have to start a thread dedicated just for interviews. I'm waiting now to see how you wish to present you info and whether it could be easily presented in another thread or if a new unrelated thread is required.

That being said, this is not a discussion thread. If you have comments concerning "bureaucracy", there are relevant threads elsewhere for that conversation. Otherwise, please present an OP so I can help you either create a new thread or find a relevant thread for your purposes.
Old 2011-02-20, 01:59   Link #284
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
(either if they present no real discussion (which is what a general Oda thread would entail),
How would it not present 'real' discussion (what is 'real' discussion anyway)?

On the contrary, I believe a discussion on the work's author would prove incredibly relevant to this forum, considering how we do not yet have a thread on it.

This is the dialogue I am talking about, translated to English: http://www.gottsu-iiyan.ca/gib/index...da-part-1-of-6

That is the part 1; it isn't difficult to find the other 5 parts.
Old 2011-02-20, 02:05   Link #285
james0246

^The SBS Thread already covers all necessary discussion concerning Oda's work and the various methods he uses in creating the series and its characters.

That being said, the interview is too short for a thread unto itself, so I'll create an all purpose Interview Thread.

---

edit: I started the thread, and you have the ability to edit it how you see fit.
Old 2011-02-21, 12:19   Link #286
-Suigetsu-
Prelude of Light

I think there should be a thread on the three Admirals.

Also I think there should be a top tier thread where everyone posts who they think is a top tier or not and debate it out and all that jazz.
Old 2011-02-21, 13:42   Link #287
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Suigetsu- View Post
I think there should be a thread on the three Admirals.
All discussion concerning the Admirals can be found in the General Discussion on the Marines / Navy [Manga] thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Suigetsu- View Post
Also I think there should be a top tier thread where everyone posts who they think is a top tier or not and debate it out and all that jazz.
You mean like a ranking or Top 10 thread? Hm, Give me some more details (like an Opening Post) and I'll decide on the matter shortly.
Old 2011-02-21, 23:58   Link #288
marvelB

Huh, I wasn't around when paradox13 first made his request, but I also would've suggested adding the interviews to the SBS thread (in fact, I've been familiar with that Inoue interview for some time). But if the mods see it fit to make a separate thread for them, I have no objections.

(And that reminds me, while I'm sad that Vagabond recently went on hiatus, I'm at least content in knowing that Inoue's excuse for taking a break is more understandable and in the realm of credibility than Togashi's.....)
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 18:31   Link #289
Rainbowman

It has come to my attention that the One Piece anime has come to the Post-War arc. So I request someone to start a thread about it. Just so you know.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 10:52   Link #290
marvelB

^Honestly, I would count the post-war stuff to be a part of the Marineford arc too for various reasons (which I won't get into now due to manga spoilers and whatnot). But I suppose if enough people who've read the chapters disagree with me then I'll go ahead and make a new thread, anyhow. Otherwise, I'll wait until the end of the post-war storyline to make a new thread.
Old 2011-04-17, 15:35   Link #291
Rainbowman

^With all due respect, the Post-War arc is no different than the Post Eines Lobby arc. Haven't we got a thread for Post Eines Lobby for the anime?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 00:52   Link #292
cheese4u
da big boss

Been a while since i've tried to make a thread but let me try. I want to discuss the theories behind how crocodile and mr. 1 got so strong during the war, and was wondering if i can make a thread that reflects that?
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 00:54   Link #293
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
Been a while since i've tried to make a thread but let me try. I want to discuss the theories behind how crocodile and mr. 1 got so strong during the war, and was wondering if i can make a thread that reflects that?
They didn't get any stronger; they were always that strong. Feel free to discuss this matter in the Shichibukai thread. I'll converse with you there .
Old 2011-05-06, 01:14   Link #294
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
They didn't get any stronger; they were always that strong. Feel free to discuss this matter in the Shichibukai thread. I'll converse with you there .
Ah...Blackbeard D. Kuma, I'd be more then happy to discuss why you're WRONG!!!
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 09:36   Link #295
yakumo-chan

lets talk about luffy's death please
Old 2011-06-12, 23:53   Link #296
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
lets talk about luffy's death please

....? Er.... why would we we want to talk about that?

Anyway, since I'm posting here, I may as well mention the new non-chapter related threads I made recently: The [most contemptible villain and OP miscalculation threads respectively. Note that both threads are manga-exclusive since they'll include discussions of current events that would spoil anime-only fans......
Old 2011-06-14, 22:06   Link #297
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
....? Er.... why would we we want to talk about that?

Anyway, since I'm posting here, I may as well mention the new non-chapter related threads I made recently: The [most contemptible villain and OP miscalculation threads respectively. Note that both threads are manga-exclusive since they'll include discussions of current events that would spoil anime-only fans......
its because Oda is obviously shrinking Luffy's life,

1.Gear 2nd

2.Ivan takes out 10 years of life from luffy in the Impel Down

3.Ivan takes out 10 years of life again from luffy in the Marine vs White beard Era

and its pretty obvious that luffy is going to die in the end
Old 2011-06-14, 23:30   Link #298
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
and its pretty obvious that luffy is going to die in the end
Personally i don't see how it's obvious, and think it would be a waste to see a thread created for such a topic.
Old 2011-06-15, 23:00   Link #299
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Personally i don't see how it's obvious, and think it would be a waste to see a thread created for such a topic.
I dunno, I still think that Ivan taking out 10 years of life from luffy is foreshadowing luffy's death in the future
Old 2011-06-25, 14:18   Link #300
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I was thinking of a thread focusing on How would it have been if One Piece was actually centered around the brothers?

What if, instead of Sabo (supposedly) dying and Ace leaving before Luffy, the Three brothers actually left the island togethe and formed a pirate crew with all three as the supposed Captains.

I honestly think it could turn into a nice conversation xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote