AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-21, 16:51   Link #341
LeoXiao
思想工作

Yes it is true. I think that too many people play this game like they play an FPS, where you just charge and try to cover as much ground as possible while shooting whatever moves. The downside is that in this game, when you die, you can't be replaced at any spawn point. This game really does require conscious teamwork. When a group of players at united in the decision to attack a certain point, for instance, they can charge across the plain on Malinovka and win.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 17:47   Link #342
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I am considering hooking up a mic to play this game.

Maybe it'd provide better coordination. Or we can use GuP's trick... cellphones!!

But yeah, I play WoT like real tank engagements, keeping distances between 400 ~ 1000 meters. The tank-line I am on right now simply does not allow me to charge. Seems the only tank able to let me do that would be the Konigstiger, that is, when I get it.

And I won't even consider getting it until I seriously pimp up my Tiger, first

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 20:07   Link #343
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I've only been playing for a week or 2, is it just me or are the vast majority of the player base really stupid and suck really bad.
Its also funny how they always end up on your team !

I gave up playing over the weekend as literally every game I joined my team would all die pitifully leaving me and a couple of other survivors to be overwhelmed and slaughtered by the majority of the enemy team...

I think its probably worse on the EU servers since a lot of people don't speak the same language and I personally very rarely see any teamwork or coordination at all with the only English often being "noob team" or "omg you noobs"...

I wish I could move the the US server with all my tank progress intact =<

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 23:56   Link #344
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hm, I both agree and disagree with you all. I have a mic but no one uses one in WoT. What I will add, is, you don't pick your teammates and you don't pick your comrades in battle.. So, the key to a consistent winning record is individual player skill and knowledge..

..But also intelligent decision making and the ability to guide, persuade and inspire your comrades. I've won more than one game by providing intel/strategies to my team after I died. Other games, I scurried around in a town area knocking over buildings and diving for cover, but thoroughly held a zone of control and distracted X number of enemy tanks.

Statistically, as bad as you feel your teammates are all the time, the odds are it balances out in the long run

PS: I still can't tell all the tanks by sight, not know all their weak spots, and penetration yet.. So I have a lot to learn.. When I played League of Legends or any other competitive game or activity, I spend my time playing and researching each role.. To learn abilities and counters, but also common playing habits..

Outlook is certain; definitely yes
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 01:13   Link #345
LeoXiao
思想工作

Hey, mics are actually pretty useful and necessary if you are to participate in tank companies or clan wars. I've played with mics in platoons and it's a lot better being able to warn your platoonmates about split-second threats or changes of plan.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 01:24   Link #346
Sumeragi
Banned

Tanksgiving Bonus Code: TURKEYDAY

You can redeem the code any time between 21:00 PST on Nov. 21st (05:00 Nov. 22nd UTC) and 20:59 PST Nov. 26th (04:59 Nov. 27th UTC).
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 12:09   Link #347
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Its also funny how they always end up on your team !

I gave up playing over the weekend as literally every game I joined my team would all die pitifully leaving me and a couple of other survivors to be overwhelmed and slaughtered by the majority of the enemy team...

I think its probably worse on the EU servers since a lot of people don't speak the same language and I personally very rarely see any teamwork or coordination at all with the only English often being "noob team" or "omg you noobs"...

I wish I could move the the US server with all my tank progress intact =<
I mostly tried to fill the vacant slot that my team left. When you have a formation that 12 tanks at one side, there is something wrong.

The worst thing is when I had 7 kills, my team still lost.

Of course there are also matches where my team literally running over every enemy's tank, and somehow I'm glad that I'm not in the other team.
Old 2012-11-22, 13:56   Link #348
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Tanksgiving Bonus Code: TURKEYDAY

You can redeem the code any time between 21:00 PST on Nov. 21st (05:00 Nov. 22nd UTC) and 20:59 PST Nov. 26th (04:59 Nov. 27th UTC).
Yay! Happy Tanksgiving everybody! Remember .. this is the time of year when people should remember to give Tanks!

Outcome is super positive
Old 2012-11-22, 14:34   Link #349
Blaat

My first brag shot.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2012-11-22, 14:41   Link #350
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

While the GuP clan plays for fun and loss, it is great when we do win. Proud to have participated in its first Company Battle win, Churchill FTW.

Also, Public Test 8.2 (cross server) is out for those interested in testing out the Chinese tree and the new American Medium line.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 18:05   Link #351
willx
Nyaaan~~

WOO! Hetzer's gotta hetz..!

Outlook is .. explosive!
Old 2012-11-22, 19:35   Link #352
Sumeragi
Banned

I've decided: Königstiger, here I come!
Old 2012-11-22, 22:07   Link #353
Sumeragi
Banned

Top Gun, Sniper, Pumpkin

I could have gotten one more medal, but some guy took my 1% HP target: A M3 Lee which I had shot before.
Old 2012-11-22, 22:16   Link #354
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Cool. You even got that 500 golds reward.
Old 2012-11-23, 11:05   Link #355
willx
Nyaaan~~

So, I'm still agonizing whether to go for the Tiger or Tiger P ..

I hear the Tiger P is better than the Tiger, but the Tiger II is better than the VK4502A.. Dilemma.. starting to feel agonized about some of these later high tier German heavies..

Reply hazy, ask again later
Old 2012-11-23, 11:52   Link #356
Blaat

Checking the screenshots I'm actually rather shocked to see how low the total amount of active users are on the US servers compared to the EU servers. How long are the queues on the US servers?
Old 2012-11-23, 11:54   Link #357
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Chose the Tiger mostly due to aesthetics and sentimental reasons, but I've learned the Tiger is a very maneuverable tank, more so than the P based on what I heard. That comes in handy when switching positions for sniping. Moreover, it leads to the Konigstiger, which is lauded as one of the best heavies in the game.

Though I can't say much about the Tiger P, but I can say a lot about the Tiger right now. I just got it 2 days ago, and finally managed to mount the 8.8cm L/56. It is not yet the best gun, but it works wonders. This tank rocks from very long ranges. This thing can literally pop targets from one end of the map to the other end, penetrate even the heaviest armor.

And my Tiger is not even considered complete. Its half done.

The trick of course, is to remain in a undisclosed location while sniping, and some maps definitely favor that aspect of the Tiger.

But knowing you Willi, you'd probably mount the 10.5 cm and use it as a brawler . If thats the case, the P is for you

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 12:11   Link #358
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Checking the screenshots I'm actually rather shocked to see how low the total amount of active users are on the US servers compared to the EU servers.
Probably due to the influences of Halo 4 and Black Ops 2.
Old 2012-11-23, 12:15   Link #359
Gravitas Free Zone

I just started installing the game a few minutes ago. At the current download rate, I should have the 4 GB of client files some time in the next... three hours. :P

Two things: One, yes, Girls und Panzer is probably the best unintentional advertising that this game ever had. Two, my user name is directly related to item one. I was surprised that it wasn't taken.

Maybe I'll mention it to the rest of you when the thing finishes downloading...

Bonus third item: I always try to use voice comms when I'm playing with people on a team, as long as it's relatively easy to do so, but I can understand how different languages could be an issue. (Though in the case of MechWarrior Online, most of the Germans I encountered spoke good English...)
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 12:16   Link #360
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
But knowing you Willi, you'd probably mount the 10.5 cm and use it as a brawler . If thats the case, the P is for you
Haha.. I play that way on my PzIV cause that's what it seems to be good for.. flanking maneuvers and big close-range booms! Unfortunately, without proper light scouts doing their jobs, someone else has got to ..

Plus, I find holding a strategic point, even if only for 20-30 seconds with zero kills, can change the flow of a game.. It's my "senshado" doctrine as it were ..

"Strike like lightning" - Maneuverable Flankers - Light/Med
"Lead from the front" - Armored Mixed - Med/Heavy
"Hold the line" - Large Slow - Big Heavies

On that note, I'm wondering about going back through the tech tree and going Pz III/IV and the Panther ..

@Blaat - What do you mean queue? There's no wait to log in and games start almost immediately..?

Reply hazy, ask again later

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks