AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-15, 00:50   Link #1961
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Actually, I just realized the followers are on part with the main heroines if you take off their highly-enchanted-enhanced cloths. I changed the 3 main back to their starting dresses they are on par with their follower counterparts~

I guess the clothes definitely make the girl then XD
They are not. The thing that sets the heroines apart and why they are up there with characters like Asmodeus and Mylen isn't because of the stats on the clothing it's because they learn a huge variety of skills from the clothing, many of which can be used together for devastating effects. The other characters, especially the NG ones just don't have that same quality and usually have some quite sub par skills(I'm looking at you Suina).

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 02:10   Link #1962
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Suina is just a humble undine, don't ask so much out of her :<
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 02:35   Link #1963
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Its all about the skills and weapons the heroines have access to. Heroines often have less than optimal stat in the NG+ ranges: iirc my Yuela does not even have anything close to 100 str when she hits lv99 while other primary melee damage dealers (the dragon/NG+ chars... Kohakuren got 100 int really early in the lv70s).

In fact the heroine are often gimped due to the way they are designed. Yuela's high evade score is useless as most enemies in NG+ dungeons have bonus hit chance (some goes up to 145), that's when her low con becomes a liability. Serawi's primary stat is spread between both str and int thus her damage is always abysmal.

But stat does not matter as much when you have +% modifiers from skills. Prevail gives up to a 50% boost in stats which makes all the difference in the world. Of course, for any casters, getting Double Action means you double the damage you do: that is if you are doing any at all.

Other factors also help such as base resistance (important as heroines can gem for them). While doing the Yuidora mine NG+ dungeons having a +Death skill or weapon will make you an effective unit even if you do not do any real damage (Ragsmuela comes into mind: she can take on a whole room of gobles by herself. Dealing 1 damage per hit does not matter when you have +Death weapons and vorpal counter to insanely kill off your enemy).

Then comes the NG+ lv90 dungeons where +Death no longer works. Skills such as prevail, projectile defense, magic resist, soul shield becomes increasingly more valuable. Stat wise, luck becomes more apparent as a dps modifier.

I think Eushully recognize the terribleness of Suina due to stat capping and decided to give her the bowling ball to compensate. +40 str with high crit chance is almost on par with endgame weapons.

//

Side story:
Arterial of Origins also uses the same music for all the h scenes. I raised an eyebrow when I hear the music being used early game during a scene where the protagonist dreams about his family during NG+ playthrough...

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2013-02-15 at 02:50.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 07:56   Link #1964
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Yeah, those annoying Gobles with their Shield 3 ability are the ideal fooder for instant-death abilties. Ragsmuela and Eukleia with her short-range skill were my main forces against them in the Yudra Mine dungeons. As some of those gobles also have maneater Wil was mostly a meatshild thanks to his high hp. Obviously Mylen would still beat them up when their Shield 3 doesn't activate, as did Yuela with Pierce and Prevail.
In the earlieri chapters Suina with the bowling ball was my best dragon killer IF she survived long enough.

On that note: Progressing to the final chapter did indeed help to trigger the next row of events with Asmodeus -> completed the 2nd battle against her yesterday. Even though the enemies in the 75 dungeon weren't that special, I could painfully feel the bonus hit rate Flying Dagger mentioned.
And I got Hanna (still at level 1, though). Seems that I can finally complete the game for "good" except of the special areas, unless I feel like replaying a route from the scratch (now that I have both Marwen Ring + Necklace).
Old 2013-02-15, 10:34   Link #1965
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Anyone know what is the skill that does 999 dmg? Apparently Yuela has it for some reason, so are the S-Ranked people in the Arena to my annoyance. How do you avoid it?
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 11:52   Link #1966
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Any skill with death ability. Just read the skills. And to avoid it; have a good evasion, or pray it doesn't trigger.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 12:01   Link #1967
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Any +death skills/abilities proc the 999 dmg instant kill.

If your character has a weapon equipped with +death will give any of their attacks a chance to proc instant death. So Suina with her bowling ball using her range 3 spell has a chance to instagib her target.

Notable items with +death in run 1 are the ninja blade and the bowling ball. In fact the Ninja Blade is amazing early game due the high evade it grants (on top of base evade, it grants Alert V iirc, which is 5 extra evade).

Death skills only work on organics: so constructs and ghosts are immune, as are any champion mobs (mobs with a medal). I believe it also procs more often on humanoids (compared to mana/other types - I used to think +death proc % is affect by Dark resistance but I was able to proc it on some dark immune mobs).

Skills and abilities with +death include vorpal counter, death invitational and flower bloom.

To prevent Death you can also use the right accessory from NG+, or discourage the AI from using the Death spell on you. There are constructs in NG+ Yuidora mine with such an attack: I counter it by getting S class Dark resist for all my tanks to encourage the AI to melee attack rather than use the death skill.

//

Hannah and Lily are fun characters to use given their utility: Hannah has staves that grant elemental spells and Lily can use almost every weapon in the game.

Spoiler for some arterial of origins stuff:
Old 2013-02-15, 13:01   Link #1968
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Spoiler for some arterial of origins stuff:
Its not a card game. The world doesn't revolve around Wil since hes just a alchemist and Elizasleyn would never let it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
Suina is just a humble undine, don't ask so much out of her :<
On the topic of Suina.... i like the new Suina.
Old 2013-02-15, 15:36   Link #1969
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Two short questions (again):
1. Might sound stupid, but what exactly does the +1 *insert element* attributes in each's heroine costume do? Increase damage in said element, defense against it or both?
2. About Serawi: I understand that she's supposed to be an hybrid-esque character as in decent with magic and physical attacks, but what's the "safer" approach? I currently have her in the gothic(?) costume (the one that looks like a maid uniform), which seems from the current stats a bit more magic orientated.
Old 2013-02-15, 16:13   Link #1970
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Two short questions (again):
1. Might sound stupid, but what exactly does the +1 *insert element* attributes in each's heroine costume do? Increase damage in said element, defense against it or both?
2. About Serawi: I understand that she's supposed to be an hybrid-esque character as in decent with magic and physical attacks, but what's the "safer" approach? I currently have her in the gothic(?) costume (the one that looks like a maid uniform), which seems from the current stats a bit more magic orientated.
1) Forgot. I just upgraded everything since I had so much money.
2) Get the NG+ armor for all three of them. Its the best armor in the game. It also gives them a skill that lets them move twice per turn. In the end stats don't really matter as much. If your playing a new game you should start at level one. You keep the same stats but they start at level one. Armor depends on what situation and what boss your facing. I only got the armor for scenes or skills or those annoying circumstances where they need to swim.
Old 2013-02-15, 17:12   Link #1971
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

+1 to an element increases the resistance of that element by a level. ie: A->A+. I actually did not acquire all the resist slots so resistances stay at S, as taking very little damage is better than the enemy attacking you with another attack type (often their melee).

Serawi imo will always suck "somewhjat" due to the lack of primary stats. Even Emelita has more staying power than Serawi since Emelita gets bloodsuck III from her lily costume (prevail and bloodsuck together makes her almost invincible).

Because of how bows are itemized and that Serawi's primary attacks should be the 3 range barrage skill from her fire armor, focus on strength.
Old 2013-02-15, 21:14   Link #1972
Drkz

Quote:
+1 to an element increases the resistance of that element by a level. ie: A->A+. I actually did not acquire all the resist slots so resistances stay at S, as taking very little damage is better than the enemy attacking you with another attack type (often their melee).

Serawi imo will always suck "somewhjat" due to the lack of primary stats. Even Emelita has more staying power than Serawi since Emelita gets bloodsuck III from her lily costume (prevail and bloodsuck together makes her almost invincible).

Because of how bows are itemized and that Serawi's primary attacks should be the 3 range barrage skill from her fire armor, focus on strength.
I personally found emelita useless compared to Mylen or even Koha. I liked Serawi carpet bombing things to death is fun.
Old 2013-02-16, 08:11   Link #1973
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Emelita is hard to find resourceful at times. I do agree that Serawi carpet-bombing is just good fun.
Old 2013-02-16, 08:32   Link #1974
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

How do you guys build your Serawi? Carpet bomb has very a very low str bonus (compared to the 20ish of the 3 range attack), very high mana cost and also a hit chance penalty. Her spd is also not all that high to have a 3rd attack often.

Although elemental bows are very accessible, their str bonus is still on the low side beside the Earth bows.

Emelita Endgame on the other hand, can go:
- Bloodsuck III
- Prevail III
- Elemental damage spell (can use succubus embrace for melee).

Last slot can be:
- Double action before her accessory and while she is acting as caster (you can even swap double action for something else after the 1st spell)
- A second attack spell.

Prevail and bloodsuck synergize with each other very well:
The lower your health goes, the more damage you do = the more health you regain from bloodsuck. In fact there are dangerous rooms where the first person to enter will be bombarded with so many attacks that its hard to not lose the unit if it does not have bloodsuck to regenerate health between the chain of 6 attacks. Emelita is guaranteed to survive if someone provides a Guardian effect (as the first attack will always be mitigated, allowing a spell to go off thus healing her up).
Old 2013-02-16, 14:38   Link #1975
Drkz

Quote:
How do you guys build your Serawi? Carpet bomb has very a very low str bonus (compared to the 20ish of the 3 range attack), very high mana cost and also a hit chance penalty. Her spd is also not all that high to have a 3rd attack often.

Although elemental bows are very accessible, their str bonus is still on the low side beside the Earth bows.

Emelita Endgame on the other hand, can go:
- Bloodsuck III
- Prevail III
- Elemental damage spell (can use succubus embrace for melee).

Last slot can be:
- Double action before her accessory and while she is acting as caster (you can even swap double action for something else after the 1st spell)
- A second attack spell.

Prevail and bloodsuck synergize with each other very well:
The lower your health goes, the more damage you do = the more health you regain from bloodsuck. In fact there are dangerous rooms where the first person to enter will be bombarded with so many attacks that its hard to not lose the unit if it does not have bloodsuck to regenerate health between the chain of 6 attacks. Emelita is guaranteed to survive if someone provides a Guardian effect (as the first attack will always be mitigated, allowing a spell to go off thus healing her up).
Thats the end game costume for emelita while you can get carpet bomb fairly early if you level Serawi's fire armor. If your lucky you can get it on the first ng+, but most people either get it on the second or third ng+. If you compare her to someone like Kohakuren or Elizasleyn shes still pretty weak. I'd guess shes stronger than Suina, but i still had the same amount of trouble trying to level Emelita. I use serawi as a archer most of the time and only used her spells if it'd kill the monster in one hit. Certain monsters take more dmg from certain spells. I beat the whole damn thing so I practically forgot about everything. Stats don't even matter as much so they randomly gain them from leveling. I know someone people actually save scummed for stats imo. Everytime you play a new game just start at level 1. You'll have the same stats from your previous game just keep doing that til all the stats max out. Its random each time. My level 70 Yuela had weaker stats compared to my friend's level 60 man was I mad.

Some skills you should think of once you get their NG+ armor. Prevail III, Undress III, Ferocity III or Vorpal Counter III (Pretty sure you don't need NG+ stuff for this).
Old 2013-02-16, 17:46   Link #1976
Drkz

So true...
Old 2013-02-17, 18:49   Link #1977
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
I personally found emelita useless compared to Mylen or even Koha. I liked Serawi carpet bombing things to death is fun.
Comparing to Mylen is imho really unfair seeing how she can wrack havoc with simply her default equipment and without caring about hitting elemental weaknesses. Her gaining Prevail II or III is a simple message of feeling sorry for the enemy

Emelita: Prevail III + Bloodsuck III + Soul Shield III is my two standard set-up. The last slot for striking elemental weaknesses or if there's no risk of an enemy in sight an element-terrain-movment-skill.
Serawi I ususally have with Prevail III, Ferocity III, Enhanced Barrage, filler (sometimes Projectile Defense).
Double Action would be nice, but they lack of ~ 25 levels behind Wil, Mylen, Yuela so I want to play safe instead of rezzing more than maybe needed (which of course happens nontheless).

And I had bad luck with the annoying random stat gain when I had trained my weaker units. Sometimes I have so bad luck that even Marwen ring + necklace didn't help (if I remember to switch them around every time).
Oh yeah, poor Sharty has been allocatd as shopkeeper again. With level 30 my lowest level except of Hanna *lol*.
Old 2013-02-18, 03:45   Link #1978
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

To think I actually like using sharty early game because of bloodsuck, wide variety of elemental gloves (and rocket punch gives 3 range + high str later on), as well as Flighty Guardian which is a guaranteed proc.

The NG+ characters just do the same job much better.

Arterial of origins has a simpler gameplay but is quite fun to collect all the cards!
Old 2013-02-18, 15:22   Link #1979
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
And I had bad luck with the annoying random stat gain when I had trained my weaker units. Sometimes I have so bad luck that even Marwen ring + necklace didn't help (if I remember to switch them around every time).
Oh yeah, poor Sharty has been allocatd as shopkeeper again. With level 30 my lowest level except of Hanna *lol*.
I found Sharty to be more useful in NG+ scenarios than the normal games. But yeah shes a pretty good shop keeper nonetheless. I mainly used Koha though shes a dam nuke....

Quote:
Arterial of origins has a simpler gameplay but is quite fun to collect all the cards!
Yeah. Getting all the cards is a slight annoyance... when you need grind for items. The next game though... if you can't read moonrunes good luck playing it.
Old 2013-02-24, 20:52   Link #1980
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Random thoughts of playing this game

-It seem V8 is a catch up H scene galore---I mean, seriously? Random 3 some all over the place.

-To make it more lol worthy, some of them include tac team power ups.

-Will want to work Urdine and Earth mana together as part of the plot---yet I still have to go farm them for blue liquid to unlock lower tier armor. I find that just totally lol.

-Did the main heroine ever figure out the fact will was sleeping with everyone of his female followers?

-That put an interesting question, can angels, devils, earth elemental etc get pregnant? Swari want to have a baby with Will, but it look like so will everyone else.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eushully