Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-16, 10:59   Link #12841
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^There must be SOME place you can complain to about translation quality, right?
On the last page they tell you about a survey you can take to tell them what you thought. Well, its just a statistical survey about your age, what you buy, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
I dunno I just typed in allure and after what popped up it makes more sense than simple "charm" but to each his or her own
I looked at the definitions too. But I think "charm" makes more sense since she is charming you with something.

Well, it's not as bad as Bleach, making "cero" into "death blast."
Old 2010-01-16, 15:53   Link #12842
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Tsukune never "lost" his craving for blood. He just fights it. For every one elses sake as well as his own, He hold back his hunger.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 16:07   Link #12843
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
On the last page they tell you about a survey you can take to tell them what you thought. Well, its just a statistical survey about your age, what you buy, etc.
Hmm, can't do that much then
Quote:
Well, it's not as bad as Bleach, making "cero" into "death blast."
Nowhere near as bad as Ichigo called Strawberry, which happens to be the name of many a cute girl of infant shows (6-) and hollows named literally, void, which sounds awful!
I agree that charm sounds more magical than allure, it makes me wonder how they translate youki...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 16:18   Link #12844
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Hmm, can't do that much then
Yeah, I explored the site and found nothing. Maybe they are afraid of getting negative feedback?

Quote:
Nowhere near as bad as Ichigo called Strawberry, which happens to be the name of many a cute girl of infant shows (6-) and hollows named literally, void, which sounds awful!
I agree that charm sounds more magical than allure, it makes me wonder how they translate youki...
Huh? They call him Ichigo and use hollow though.

Staying on topic... I found the page for season 2 volume 1.

I like the little quiz things they put each volume cover:
Code:
Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 6

LESSON SIX: GHOULS

QUIZ

THE RECOMMENDED TREATMENT IF YOU FIND YOURSELF TURNING INTO A GHOUL IS…

a. take a relaxing vacation in the human realm

b. drink your vampire girlfiend's blood

c. brains...brains...
B! B! B! B! (Yes, they spelled it wrong, lol).

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2010-01-16 at 18:03. Reason: Changed to code tag so it can be quoted.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 16:28   Link #12845
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post

Staying on topic... I found the page for season 2 volume 1.

I like the little quiz things they put each volume cover: B! B! B! B! (Yes, they spelled it wrong, lol).
Quote:
LESSON SIX: GHOULS

QUIZ

THE RECOMMENDED TREATMENT IF YOU FIND YOURSELF TURNING INTO A GHOUL IS…

a. take a relaxing vacation in the human realm

b. drink your vampire girlfiend's blood

c. brains...brains..
LOL to that quiz I would also put answer B! B! B! B! like you did DragoZERO. But honestly speaking option A.) cracked me up completely

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-01-16 at 16:44.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 00:24   Link #12846
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Not totally humorless, but they have to have a gimmick somewhere.
Old 2010-01-17, 00:35   Link #12847
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'm sure that a good majority of us would answer B... I know I would

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 03:32   Link #12848
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'd go for A, because C is for zombies and B requires beating a vampire and drinking their blood!
Quote:
Huh? They call him Ichigo and use hollow though.
Forgot to mention that it was in Greek, I couldn't get past ch.1
Old 2010-01-17, 05:25   Link #12849
GrrDraxin

It was all Greek to you, huh? I'm sure the raws are like that to most of us.
Old 2010-01-17, 08:02   Link #12850
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Nope, I meant literally translated/dubbed in Greek, and I prefer my manga in english and anime just english-subbed, can't stand any dubs...Just imagining dubs of R+V makes me criiiinge!
Old 2010-01-17, 10:24   Link #12851
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The amount of good english dubs can fit on one hand....still, the thought of them trying to bring over R+V to dub is just...it's not worth it. Even if I didn't agree with the anime, I'd hate to see it be butchered all over again in English no less.
Old 2010-01-17, 12:55   Link #12852
microgamer
Inventor of Tapping

I think 'allure' has a more seductive connotation to it. Either way I wouldn't complain. I remember hearing 'yuki onna' was translated into something horrible like 'abominable snowgirl', which makes me think twice about buying the english R+V volumes. That's the kind of thing you complain about.

Also, I don't think there's an audience for R+V here in the US. Although Strike Witches got licensed so who knows.
microgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 14:21   Link #12853
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

No, there's definitely an audience in the States, else R+V wouldn't be on the Top 10 list of the NY Times. But, after the first 8 episodes or so of the first season, there's a huge chasm between the anime and the manga. Besides, I've noticed that there are a lot of animes these days that aren't seeing the light of day in the US (a lot of them being the fanservice-heavy ones)

Old 2010-01-17, 16:06   Link #12854
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgamer View Post
I think 'allure' has a more seductive connotation to it. Either way I wouldn't complain. I remember hearing 'yuki onna' was translated into something horrible like 'abominable snowgirl', which makes me think twice about buying the english R+V volumes. That's the kind of thing you complain about.
I think that's how they translate it. I don't think that is so bad, but I want to know what's wrong with simple "snow girl" - and abominable sure doesn't fit Mizore or her mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
No, there's definitely an audience in the States, else R+V wouldn't be on the Top 10 list of the NY Times. But, after the first 8 episodes or so of the first season, there's a huge chasm between the anime and the manga. Besides, I've noticed that there are a lot of animes these days that aren't seeing the light of day in the US (a lot of them being the fanservice-heavy ones)
Yeah, I think all of the volumes were in the top 10 at some point. That's impressive stuff you know.

As for anime being brought to America, I don't care. I don't buy it. They do such a horrible and half-assed job, it's not worth the money. You may say I watch fansubs because they are free, but they are of higher quality than many licensed shows.
Old 2010-01-17, 17:55   Link #12855
GrrDraxin

Don't let the licenser people hear you saying that, they might start a campaign to stop fan translations altogether, and then where will we be? We're lucky Crunchy Roll even tolerates them, and is making an effort to try and bring us anime faster than the standard routes legally. Though I really wish they'd support super high res torrents though, the quality of those really grows on you.
Old 2010-01-17, 18:05   Link #12856
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Don't let the licenser people hear you saying that, they might start a campaign to stop fan translations altogether, and then where will we be? We're lucky Crunchy Roll even tolerates them, and is making an effort to try and bring us anime faster than the standard routes legally. Though I really wish they'd support super high res torrents though, the quality of those really grows on you.
Yeah well, its customer dissatisfaction. Hard edit simple signs. If amateurs do it on their home computers, professionals can do it too. I also hate the subtitles, but that's the fault of the DVD, not them. Luckily BD subtitles are proper with black outlined, white font. Yellow is ugly.
Old 2010-01-18, 01:25   Link #12857
Chris38

I see that we have entered another "break period" with everyone talking about some things loosely related to the manga.

Sigh ... only 2 weeks 3 days until the next chapter and with the cliffhanger at the end of chapter 26 everyone can't wait for the next chapter to be released. ( And more Inner Moka goodness, since she still is out, because of the "seal" problem.

I wonder how the interactions between the girls will be like if solving this situation is gonna take a long time. (Or maybe it's unsolvable ... sigh ... so many questions with no answer on the horizon.)
Old 2010-01-18, 01:41   Link #12858
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Break period perhaps, but I'll personally take it over certain people's theories that fill this thread with walls of text...

but you know what Tsukune really needs to do? give the girl a kiss... after that face, something tells me Inner would secretly enjoy it (hell, if Tsukune's good enough, Inner might even go along with it)... wait, I forgot this is a shounen romance manga. Doing that would mean it's at the end...

Old 2010-01-18, 01:56   Link #12859
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Break period perhaps, but I'll personally take it over certain people's theories that fill this thread with walls of text...

but you know what Tsukune really needs to do? give the girl a kiss... after that face, something tells me Inner would secretly enjoy it (hell, if Tsukune's good enough, Inner might even go along with it)... wait, I forgot this is a shounen romance manga. Doing that would mean it's at the end...
Uh ... well not exactly, I know a few manga where a kiss doesn't mean that a manga is ending for example Mahou Sensei Negima ... but it's a quite different situation then what we have here, since it was established pretty much early on that the final paring is going to be Moka and Tsukune, so if they kiss it could mean that an ending is near, so you got a point there Magin.
Old 2010-01-18, 02:00   Link #12860
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

MSN has an excuse- the pactio. R+V doesn't... the only time when I seen a true, romantic kiss happen and the manga wasn't at an end is in shoujo manga (and some are actually pretty decent)

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire