AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 44 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 31.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 13.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-10, 20:42   Link #141
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
You must not wear glasses.
When I still wore glasses, I pushed them up with my middle finger all the time, as do many. It's just easier, since it's the longest one.

Don't be surprised, though, if you ever see people in several Asian countries pointing with that finger.
...I really should know that. (No, I don't wear glasses, miraculously)
Old 2007-08-10, 21:05   Link #142
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Actually.. I have ADD (not ADHD), diagnosed by a neurologist. Despite the "zone out" issue ... ADD types have the ability to *hyperfocus* (some scientists think Newton had ADD because of his personality, quirks, and the ability to completely absorb himself in a math problem for days at a time). To some extent, many of Kona's quirks exactly mirror my own:
"best intentions --- road to hell" "need a break from homework, ooooh a rare drop!"
Its a personal hell at times -- the stuff that *needs* to get done gets put off over and over and... while the strangest things just root me on the spot. I am unable to have a conversation with the tv on, yet having a conversation with other people talking doesn't bother me. Give me 4 things to remember (shopping list) and I guarantee I'll forget at least one and add something different.

The only reason Kona doesn't read much is that she hasn't found something yet that grabs her attention --- if Kagamin gets her hooked on something, she'll insulate her room with those kinds of books.
I've got ADHD and OCD so that probably explains a hell of a lot. I wonder what it's like without the Hyperactive part. I would describe ADHD as being like a permanent high.
Old 2007-08-10, 21:21   Link #143
Gsus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calawain View Post
The magic of the internet, someone makes something up and it spins way out of control until people start believing that it's true. Now if someone watched both subs and could compare them for us that would be neato~
Why am I doing this late at night? Yawn~~~~

Guerrand's on top, a.f.k.'s recei-, on the bottom.

Small differences, though I prefer a.f.k.'s translation of the seme - uke joke and overall flow of the script. There's no such thing as bottom in sports (unless you're the victim of a American Football / rugby pile-up ). Then again, "inner side"?
Old 2007-08-10, 22:09   Link #144
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
You must not wear glasses.
When I still wore glasses, I pushed them up with my middle finger all the time, as do many. It's just easier, since it's the longest one.

Don't be surprised, though, if you ever see people in several Asian countries pointing with that finger.
Heh, that's why I always push up my glasses with two fingers. Even if my index finger can't actually reach the bridge of my glasses before my middle finger does, at least it can't be misconstrued.
Old 2007-08-10, 23:41   Link #145
Psycho Power J
Taking in Life's hits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I've got ADHD and OCD so that probably explains a hell of a lot. I wonder what it's like without the Hyperactive part. I would describe ADHD as being like a permanent high.
ADHD people all have hyperactivity/impulsiveness to some degree, some being more hyperactive and some being more inattentive, and some are a balance of both. Predominantly Inattentive types generally refers to the space-case (which Miyuki would fall under) who would often zone out. They're less obvious then the Predominantly Hyperactive/Impulsive (what most think ADHD people are) and Combined types.

Spoiler for 4-koma Miyuki:

Last edited by Psycho Power J; 2007-08-10 at 23:59.
Old 2007-08-11, 01:08   Link #146
SSkyy
Readily Apparant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsus View Post
Why am I doing this late at night? Yawn~~~~

Guerrand's on top, a.f.k.'s recei-, on the bottom.

Small differences, though I prefer a.f.k.'s translation of the seme - uke joke and overall flow of the script. There's no such thing as bottom in sports (unless you're the victim of a American Football / rugby pile-up ). Then again, "inner side"?
Yeah, that had me confused for a while.
Old 2007-08-11, 04:58   Link #147
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Holy crap. I can't believe I missed this one.

Spoiler for Middle finger!:
Missed what? I do that all the time when pushing up my specs. People hardly even notice which finger I used.

Like someone said before, drama over nothing. Just because a.f.k.'s gone quiet for a while, people just assume they've dropped the show. Perhaps these people who jump so quickly to conclusion ought to consider working for those notorious British tabloids.
Old 2007-08-11, 08:18   Link #148
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

If a.f.k. drop this series, I'd almost be half tempted to do the same. I find it a hassle to change fansubbers after sticking loyally to the same one for the entire course of the series, so it's something I only do if I have no other option. I'd see a.f.k. dropping this series as the straw that breaks the camel's back, since I'd no longer see a reason to stick with a show I'm not enjoying all the much.

Although, with that said, this ep wasn't totally bad. I found the first half of it boring, and thought I was in for another mediocre mess like the last ep, but the second half redeemed it somewhat. I find the new characters slightly more fresh and interesting, but that's mostly because I find the old characters stale and boring now. Their gags are done, I think, and it looks like the introduction of a new set of characters was necessary to spark a bit of life into this anime.

As per usual, Lucky Channel and Shiraishi ED were a total waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Some quick comments after watching a RAW. While I am thrilled that they referenced FMP!-TSR, Nanoka emulating Gates is the stuff of nightmares. One of the most riveting and highly depraved villains in fiction.
Gates was eccentric and certainly riveting to watch, since he was so unpredictable, but I wouldn't say he's one of the best villains ever (yes, I know you didn't, but it's an interesting talking-point, and I feel compelled to bring it up... for some reason). My problem with Gates is that all he ever was was a bad-guy... an antagonist for Sousuke to fight, and little more than that; hell, you could almost say he was a plot-device. He was a great antagonist, but a one-dimensional character. He was very memorable, though, that's for sure.
Old 2007-08-11, 19:59   Link #149
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

This ep is a WIN!! 10/10!! My most fav since ep.10 and 16!! \(>w<)/

Key events(?)
-The animal within: Konata comes out of the blue with the discussion but its a win. I'd figured her as a cat though...but the fox still works. All the other chars were pretty dead on. I just wonder...what about the rest of the cast? (o.O)?

-Tsukasa asks "THE" question. (o_O) What is "moe"!? Ummmmmmm....

-Kagamin butchers Tsukasa's fantasy of owning a dog...only to admit that she's had the same idea. Felt a bit uneasy while she was beating her sisters fantasy to death though.^^;

-Out of the blue but the "Full Metal Panic" scene. WIN!! No reason for it but...who cares!? Kuroi-sensei calls Konata "MY HONEY!!"...that opened the door to a new world for a lot of ppl out there. ^^;

-The new members get more time on the show: Minami, Hiyori, Misao, and Patricia. Misao and Minami has been showing up the last 2eps and Patricia debuted on ep.16. As for Hiyorin...she made a real brief appearance during ep.12 but...she didnt say or do anything then so this is her real debut. A LOT of her personality is shown too. Hell, she even gets a scene taking place at her home and we get a look at her work. NICE. Misao gets a bit more about her personality out there too. I say a character like her is a bit rare these days. By that I mean the "yaeba" (the fang) character. Maybe its just the selection of anime I watch but the only recent "fang" chars I've seen are....Kuroi sensei and Tsuruya from "Haruhi". (O_O) Yeah, thats it...not counting characters that are vampires. LOL

-Patricias' journey. *claps* I too hope that one day I will travel the same road...although I might stay away from the "Otome Road".^^;

Moments I enjoyed
-Miyuki san's eye training session...I'm trying it out. (=^=)
-Dodge ball time!! Minami's relentless attack begins!! Poor Hiyorin. (T^T)
-Hiyorin's personal taste in "art"...hmmmm.^^;
-Yutaka's envision of "otome road"...too bad its nothing like her fantasy.
-Misao's 3sec rule.

Lucky Channel
Thank you Shiraishi, for pointing out the most obvious fact out there!! A$$hole. Yeah, like anyone thats watched the show didnt notice the OP scene of when all the chars are there!!

ED
Anyone else wish to send them a request of taking Shiraishi off the cast?

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2007-08-11 at 20:09.
Old 2007-08-11, 21:04   Link #150
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Great review! This is how it should be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
-The new members get more time on the show: Minami, Hiyori, Misao, and Patricia. Misao and Minami has been showing up the last 2eps and Patricia debuted on ep.16. As for Hiyorin...she made a real brief appearance during ep.12 but...she didnt say or do anything then so this is her real debut. A LOT of her personality is shown too. Hell, she even gets a scene taking place at her home and we get a look at her work. NICE. Misao gets a bit more about her personality out there too. I say a character like her is a bit rare these days. By that I mean the "yaeba" (the fang) character. Maybe its just the selection of anime I watch but the only recent "fang" chars I've seen are....Kuroi sensei and Tsuruya from "Haruhi". (O_O) Yeah, thats it...not counting characters that are vampires. LOL
Hiroyi and Misao are my fast becoming two of my favorite characters. I'd rather watch them than most of Miyuki's antics, actually. I'm going to start calling the foursome of Yutaka, Minami, Hiroyi and Patti the "Lucky Star First Grade Fujoshi Brigade" or "らくすた一年生腐女子団". These 4 are much more fun than the 3rd grade foursome of oddballs

Quote:
-Patricias' journey. *claps* I too hope that one day I will travel the same road...although I might stay away from the "Otome Road".^^;
I will probably go there first... ^^ I'm beginning to really dig fujoshi.. especially tsundere fujoshi like Kagami and Ogiue from Genshinken. They are facinating...

Quote:
You can't fire the mascot.
Old 2007-08-11, 22:25   Link #151
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Hiroyi and Misao are my fast becoming two of my favorite characters. I'd rather watch them than most of Miyuki's antics, actually. I'm going to start calling the foursome of Yutaka, Minami, Hiroyi and Patti the "Lucky Star First Grade Fujoshi Brigade" or "らくすた一年生腐女子団". These 4 are much more fun than the 3rd grade foursome of oddballs
Same here. Misao is just too damn cute with her "yaeba" and her personality is a win. You just cant help smiling around her...but then again that can apply to almost all the LS chars. ^^; Hiyori...doesnt let her conscious stop her from sketching her Minami x Yutaka pics. Hell, she didnt even hesitate for a second to take out her paper and pencil and start sketching at SCHOOL!! I wonder if she'll ever PUBLISH anything? I'd like to read her works.

...You're throwing Minami and Yutaka in there!? Well I guess Yutaka will eventually become influenced by Konata and her friends and become an otaku but Minami? I dont really see it happening, unless she's just such a good person that she takes up the same interests as her friends so they dont feel "uncomfortable" or whatever.LOL

...BTW: In Japanese you wrote"RakuSuta".^^;
Quote:
I will probably go there first... ^^ I'm beginning to really dig fujoshi.. especially tsundere fujoshi like Kagami and Ogiue from Genshinken. They are facinating...
Ah, so I wasnt the only one who had Ogiue come to mind when the word "fujoshi" was mentioned.

Quote:
He's not the F'ing "mascot", he's...well, not even worth mentioning its existence. The mascot has gotta be the bodyless cat...which is really, YOSHIMIZU sensei!!
Old 2007-08-11, 22:47   Link #152
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Hiroyi and Misao are my fast becoming two of my favorite characters. I'd rather watch them than most of Miyuki's antics, actually. I'm going to start calling the foursome of Yutaka, Minami, Hiroyi and Patti the "Lucky Star First Grade Fujoshi Brigade" or "らくすた一年生腐女子団". These 4 are much more fun than the 3rd grade foursome of oddballs.
I wouldn't really throw Yutaka and Minami with Konata. Those two seem more fitting with Misao and Ayano as the "Lucky Star Pretty Much Normal People Brigade". In fact, those normal people plus Kagami make almost exactly Azumanga Daioh.

Yutaka - Chiyo
Misao - Tomo + Kagura
Kagami - Yomi
Ayano - Osaka
Minami - Sakaki

Quote:
Exactly.
Old 2007-08-11, 23:11   Link #153
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
ED
Eh? But the ending song was good this time... And with the exception of that one part, the video wasn't bad at all.
Old 2007-08-11, 23:55   Link #154
takumi2k4

Lol, funny how people bash LS' ED's when Shiraishi fools around, but when he gets serious, people start bashing it for being serious. So I guess you'd rather have a lame-ass ED that goes on and on and changes every 13 episodes or maybe even not at all?

In any case, I actually would love to get my hands on a longer version of this ep's ED, the song is really good IMO. Anybody know if they're planning to release a CD with Shiraishi singing every seiyuu's theme? It still surprises me up to this day, that he can actually sing that good. I didn't think he could actually sing after hearing him sing all those other songs he sang before, I gotta admit that the man definitely has talent. Oh shi-! I think I'm gar for him!
Old 2007-08-11, 23:57   Link #155
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
When did he become the mascot??

Old 2007-08-12, 00:09   Link #156
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by takumi2k4 View Post
Lol, funny how people bash LS' ED's when Shiraishi fools around, but when he gets serious, people start bashing it for being serious. So I guess you'd rather have a lame-ass ED that goes on and on and changes every 13 episodes or maybe even not at all?
"Ohhh what do women want ?!"
[/homer]

Quote:
Originally Posted by takumi2k4 View Post
In any case, I actually would love to get my hands on a longer version of this ep's ED, the song is really good IMO. Anybody know if they're planning to release a CD with Shiraishi singing every seiyuu's theme? It still surprises me up to this day, that he can actually sing that good. I didn't think he could actually sing after hearing him sing all those other songs he sang before, I gotta admit that the man definitely has talent. Oh shi-! I think I'm gar for him!
Agree, I really like this song I was mildly stunned and wondered if it was the same guy

But I was very surprised to find out that the woman is Tsukasa's seiyuu !

How... Interesting...
Old 2007-08-12, 00:33   Link #157
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
...You're throwing Minami and Yutaka in there!? Well I guess Yutaka will eventually become influenced by Konata and her friends and become an otaku but Minami? I dont really see it happening, unless she's just such a good person that she takes up the same interests as her friends so they dont feel "uncomfortable" or whatever.LOL
Yes, Minami too... even if she stays "pure", she's the perfect TARGET of fujoshi fantasy. Even as in a mascot/muse capacity, she has a place in the Fujoshi-Dan. Don't think anyone would want to EXCLUDE her now will we?

Quote:
...BTW: In Japanese you wrote"RakuSuta".^^;
Haha, my typo comes in both languages I use romanji input so I suffer the same type or errors.. not to mention I write "Hiroyi" and "Yukata" all the time. when my old dyslexia shows up.

Quote:
He's not the F'ing "mascot", he's...well, not even worth mentioning its existence. The mascot has gotta be the bodyless cat...which is really, YOSHIMIZU sensei!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
When did he become the mascot??
Nonono, the cat is just the stuff animal they're going to sold to otakus... the Mascot has to embody the spirit of the anime... are you really denying that Shiraishi the seiyuu is the first human mascot for an anime ever? ^^

And I really liked this week's ED.. he sang a love song to Kaorin, that's touching and cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But I was very surprised to find out that the woman is Tsukasa's seiyuu !

How... Interesting...
We were discussing in the general thread about this. It's obvious Shiraishi Minoru wanted to date Kaorin... the song's called "Kaorin's Theme" and it's all about a girl getting married. It's a love song... Kaorin at the end said she was moved... love is in the air!
Old 2007-08-12, 00:42   Link #158
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
We were discussing in the general thread about this. It's obvious Shiraishi Minoru wanted to date Kaorin... the song's called "Kaorin's Theme" and it's all about a girl getting married. It's a love song... Kaorin at the end said she was moved... love is in the air!
- Eh? Is that so... I'll go catch up on that...

- Yeah, I pretty much figured the meaning of the song
Old 2007-08-13, 11:19   Link #159
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well after a Hit or miss episode 17 I was amazed at how much I enjoyed this one.

When L*C came up I honestly caught myself saying "Awww its over already?"

The new characters are all quite charming and doing a wonderful job of breathing a sense of freshness and fun back into the show. Their chemistry in particular was perfect and got me absorbed into the show to the extent that I lost track of time haha.

One positive from 17 that I wish had continued over to 18 was having a guest for L*C. I really hope they continue to either add guests or change the venue of it because without those its becoming an extremely tiring segment and I was half tempted to just skip past it this time...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-08-14, 09:50   Link #160
ReinhartX

this episode deserves a 10 =p....first episode where all the chars made appearance and i couldnt stop laughing at the dodgeball part...i wonder how it will be like when they haf a dodgeball game among all the chars lol
Closed Thread