AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-05, 23:42   Link #9501
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Question. Was index Johans penn mode ever activated by her becoming angry when she found out Touma lost his memories?
I don't think she had any free will by that time (wasn't she inside a remote controller during the whole arc?) I don't know for sure though.

Baka Tsuki is back, and the only update I noticed was on Vol 17, chapter 2 part 9. Since I actually kinda know what happens in the rest of the novel I'm finding this airplane hijack business much more interesting than the actual main story of the arc.

edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But that doesn't mean that Accelerator is not around when his data is being gathered. And there are lots of chance to meet each other if the project is connected to him.
The project only used his cognitive pattern when using his ability, no "precise" sample was taken "from" him for experimental purposes....

If we consider that the Accelerator pretty much spent all of his childhood with electrodes on him and being under tests, if anything that means that his data was all over the place for those who had the authority to use it, for what we know he could have only heard of the experiment and never had any direct contact with it.

It's probably similar to how Mikoto's DNA was there for the third production plan; but nor Mikoto nor the Imoutos knew anything about it; only the higher ups are the ones that get to know what's really going on until the project was actually rolled out.

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-04-06 at 01:42.
Old 2011-04-06, 12:38   Link #9502
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmntrainer7 View Post
The illustration and brief summary for the third part of Railgun SS2 novel is out.

Spoiler for Mikoto and Lancis fanservice illustration:
So instead giving a complete/half Lancis' body illustration like the first part with Lessar or showing New Light team, they gave us a fanservice cheap illustration? Thats godawful.
Well, still I hope to see more hints about the incoming plot.
Old 2011-04-06, 12:50   Link #9503
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
The project only used his cognitive pattern when using his ability, no "precise" sample was taken "from" him for experimental purposes....

Speaking of that, the latest confrontation with Umidori and Accelerator seem to have a double meaning. Umidori had been implanted with a portion of Accelerator's thought patterns, so when Accelerator asked her if she liked it in the darkness, it's like he's confronting his past self.
Old 2011-04-06, 13:41   Link #9504
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
So instead giving a complete/half Lancis' body illustration like the first part with Lessar or showing New Light team, they gave us a fanservice cheap illustration? Thats godawful.
Well, still I hope to see more hints about the incoming plot.
wilfri. is plot needed in railgun?

EDIT: Finish reading the latest translation. The only thing left is for umineko's desperate attack towards the vault but the hero arrives to save the princess.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2011-04-06 at 14:06.
Old 2011-04-06, 14:06   Link #9505
Zakoo

I don't understand people saying railgun has no plot.

Okay, there was a bikini episode.
Okay there were two episode on Konori's not interesting past.

Aside that, the first arc is good, it introduces the basics of the angel recently saw and the polthergheist ( written like that ? ) wasn't official but it introduced body clear and those crazy Kiharas.

Was it for peanuts ?
Old 2011-04-06, 14:08   Link #9506
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post

Aside that, the first arc is good, it introduces the basics of the angel recently saw and the polthergheist ( written like that ? ) wasn't official but it introduced body clear and those crazy Kiharas.

Was it for peanuts ?
Sigh, don't mind, don't mind... Just let them say what they want.
Old 2011-04-06, 14:09   Link #9507
Kyouka
Is Here

always thought the plot for railgun is to give mikoto more screen time
Old 2011-04-06, 14:15   Link #9508
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:

Was it for peanuts ?
Of course, it was the authors work. The first arc and the last arc were Kamachis' ideas. The rest was useless filler. It seems not hard at all for him to make a story on the spot.
Old 2011-04-06, 14:19   Link #9509
Zakoo

Then, on 24 episodes, at least 16 are for the plot, yet you call Railgun a plotless anime with only cute girls doing cute things?

Maybe, my common sense scattered with time, but there's something wrong here, is that the new way to criticize To aru after the 'Kamachi is an underage writer'?
Old 2011-04-06, 14:30   Link #9510
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I once came up with a theory why Index fans dislike Railgun, even those trying to be polite.

Simply put, everything that had happened in Railgun is a prelude to something bigger in Index. And the story has to tip toe it's way around certain subjects and characters that cannot appear just yet. It can be quite frustrating to watch.

Level Upper = Misaka Network
AIM Burst = Kazakiri Hyouka
Skill Out = Hamazura Shiage
Telestina Kihara = Kihara Amata
Crystal essence = Body Clear
Their Level 6 experiment = Accelerator and Level 6 shift
Old 2011-04-06, 14:32   Link #9511
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Then, on 24 episodes, at least 16 are for the plot, yet you call Railgun a plotless anime with only cute girls doing cute things?

Maybe, my common sense scattered with time, but there's something wrong here, is that the new way to criticize To aru after the 'Kamachi is an underage writer'?
huh?

All the episodes in index have had their reasons.

arc 1- no brainer
arc 2- right arm
arc 3-accelerator is introduced with clones.
arc 4- Gabriel
arc 5- Etzali,Last order, that scientist woman.
arc 6- Kazakiri is VERY important

Season 2

1 ep- was a part of arc 5 but had no purpose so far.
arc 7- Book of Law w/ agnese and friends and orsala, and Amakusa.
arc 8-Awaki, kuroko fun, accelerator making his comeback.
arc 9- Not much, just something to piss off RCC like arc 7.
arc 10- Itsuwa and pissing off the RCC
arc 11- The Take-off for the story

Railgun

Manga

arc 1- The scientist woman who was trying to save the kids and was hurting everyone beaten. In the anime it held a significance.

arc 2- well it just finished. Misaka and Accelerators POV of arc 3 of index. Was pretty good, but Misaka was getting crazy.
Old 2011-04-06, 14:33   Link #9512
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
I'd say that is one of charms of Railgun actually.
I like the Manga, but am not fond of the Anime as they Anime team tried to turn it into a Slice of Life Anime with supernatural elements. While the Manga is similar to Index in style, the Anime is not and personally thats what I hate about it. Kamachi may have wrotten the sketch for second part of Anime, but it was the Anime team that executed it.

Quote:
Was pretty good, but Misaka was getting crazy.
Whats wrong with a character going through such hardships? o_O
Old 2011-04-06, 14:37   Link #9513
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
huh?

All the episodes in index have had their reasons.
Did I say the opposite? I'm trying to figure why railgun is somewhat hated here while it's by far more liked in france.

Nyaa! That's serious, it's a conspiracy against Mikoto so that we Misaka fans become hated, but I won't fall back, my goddess deserves such popularity!!
Old 2011-04-06, 14:38   Link #9514
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
I'd say that is one of charms of Railgun actually.
I like the Manga, but am not fond of the Anime as they Anime team tried to turn it into a Slice of Life Anime with supernatural elements. While the Manga is similar to Index in style, the Anime is not and personally thats what I hate about it. Kamachi may have wrotten the sketch for second part of Anime, but it was the Anime team that executed it.

Whats wrong with a character going through such hardships? o_O
I need to find the pshyco look Misaka gave, it was weird. Or maybe its cuz according to everyone(exaggeration) people need to go through hardships and then change so they can be a cool character. In other words, everyone but touma.
Old 2011-04-06, 14:42   Link #9515
Zakoo

She was cool even before.

More seriously if you can see your clones being crashed by a train without the slightest change of heart, I will really call you god.

Edit : I read it, it's a good hypothesis but hmmm ... the number of people reading the novel is by far inferior than the number of people looking the anime. And the railgun hate existed before the S2 began ... but whatever, it doesn't matter at this point.
Old 2011-04-06, 14:43   Link #9516
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Did anybody read my post above? No? nvm...

I hope you people understand that the slice-of-life moment is not a bad thing, if anything I wish there were more slice of life moments in Index. Who wouldn't want to see Touma's class getting into trouble baka-test style?

Railgun suffers from a shortage of content, plus it has to run parallel with Index, which heavily restricts it. While Index on the other hands suffers from having TOO MUCH content and very little room to develop characters.
Old 2011-04-06, 14:44   Link #9517
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami
I need to find the pshyco look Misaka gave, it was weird.
Something like this?

Quote:
Or maybe its cuz according to everyone(exaggeration) people need to go through hardships and then change so they can be a cool character.
They don't need to, but whats the problem with it? Every kind of character development is positive for a character and with what happened in SISTER's arc, it would be unnatural for Mikoto to NOT be devastated with what was happening.

Saying that a character should not go through hardships is even worse then saying they need to IMO.

Quote:
In other words, everyone but touma.
Kamiyo is a type of character that wouldn't work with such plot devices to begin with. Kind, role and potential of a character, mixed with plot itself, define how every character should be handled. Writing a story is more complex then some people like to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
I hope you people understand that the slice-of-life moment is not a bad thing, if anything I wish there were more slice of life moments in Index. Who wouldn't want to see Touma's class getting into trouble baka-test style?
I'd say Slice of Life element is one of strongest sides of To Aru franchise.
Problem with the Anime tough was that it had TOO MUCH of it and focused on only 4 characters from whoch one was very important for the plot, one is semi-important and two are unimportant.

And it was done in age of Moe-hate. Moe-haters are usually the ones who hate Railgun Anime I think.
Old 2011-04-06, 14:58   Link #9518
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

More seriously if you can see your clones being crashed by a train without the slightest change of heart, I will really call you god.
Or the devil.

Quote:
Edit : I read it, it's a good hypothesis but hmmm ... the number of people reading the novel is by far inferior than the number of people looking the anime. And the railgun hate existed before the S2 began ... but whatever, it doesn't matter at this point.
Really? No matter where I go, I get the impression that there are more people aware of the novel than those that don't.

Anyway this hypothesis only works under the assumption that ALL Index fans that dislike Railgun have read the novel. Because it's true, I haven't come across a case where someone dislike Railgun, without reading ahead in the novels.

Quote:
Something like this?

Kamiyo is a type of character that wouldn't work with such plot devices to begin with. Kind, role and potential of a character, mixed with plot itself, define how every character should be handled. Writing a story is more complex then some people like to believe.
This I agree, placing the wrong character in the wrong situation is what makes bad fanfiction.

Quote:
I'd say Slice of Life element is one of strongest sides of To Aru franchise.
Problem with the Anime tough was that it had TOO MUCH of it and focused on only 4 characters from whoch one was very important for the plot, one is semi-important and two are unimportant.

And it was done in age of Moe-hate. Moe-haters are usually the ones who hate Railgun Anime I think.
Two things; yes, if there's anything Index II has proven, is that the slice of life moments, though few as they may be, are awesome.

Secondly, that's not true- Railgun was able to give character development to the other minor characters aside from the four main.
Old 2011-04-06, 15:10   Link #9519
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:

People have seen and done worse in the series. Stiyl had his skin and hair torn off. Maybe comparing her with the people who go through it everyday is the mistake.

Quote:
No, the people who don't read it exist out side of Japan or the Asian continent. Then there are those few who do. Index has alot of LN readers who watch the show but we got many Americans who haven't. Though during index II i have gotten ALOT of people to read the books and they love it. They want index III.

Index novels sell in the millions. MAL raters are what? 8,000 ? and the average is 7.98? I have met those people who also chose index> railgun cuz of moe hate. I too have moe hate cuz of K-ON.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Did anybody read my post above? No? nvm...

Railgun suffers from a shortage of content, plus it has to run parallel with Index, which heavily restricts it. While Index on the other hands suffers from having TOO MUCH content and very little room to develop characters.
I don't find Slice of life bad, but in index I know the story involves it. In Railgun, its just there. In the whole middle.
Old 2011-04-06, 15:22   Link #9520
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
Secondly, that's not true- Railgun was able to give character development to the other minor characters aside from the four main.
The problem is the interest of those minor characters. I didn't find the minor character of Railgun Anime to be as interesting as the minors from Index. Knowing that AC has many more awesome characters that could have gotten spotlight makes it harder to be happy about development of the ones that did get it.

This is subjective of course. While there are some like me who didn't find them interesting enough to care about their developments, there is also plenty of people who did like them.

Quote:
Index novels sell in the millions. MAL raters are what? 8,000 ? and the average is 7.98? I have met those people who also chose index> railgun cuz of moe hate. I too have moe hate cuz of K-ON.
To add to the post: I think I have read somewhere that Index is the 3rd most sold LN franchise, with 1st and 2nd place taking two much older series.

However, Railgun has Otaku's on its side. And Otaku's* are very numerous.

*Otaku =/= fan in my posts

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen