AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-01-14, 13:17   Link #241
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
The music is quite good in the ED 2 ... but no Misaka that's ... argh, let's hope the opening change that.
I really don't mind Misaka's absence, given that it's focused on Index. If there were other characters showing up (besides Touma's 3 seconds at the end), then I would be angry.
Old 2011-01-14, 13:33   Link #242
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
The music is quite good in the ED 2 ... but no Misaka that's ... argh, let's hope the opening change that.
No, the Opening needs more Accelerator!!!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 13:35   Link #243
Zakoo

I'm sure we will have a preview of Accelerator with black wings in the opening. so sure I don't mind.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 13:39   Link #244
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I'm sure we will have a preview of Accelerator with black wings in the opening. so sure I don't mind.
Think we'll get a cameo of Kakine?
Old 2011-01-14, 13:49   Link #245
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Think we'll get a cameo of Kakine?
Maybe at the end of the season in the epilogue.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 16:08   Link #246
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
New OP sample.

When does this opening come out, because i saw episode 14 of Toaru season 2 and there still doing "No Buts"?
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 16:19   Link #247
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeena32449 View Post
ED2
Where is biribiri?

I think it's adorable

Quote:
It'll be really cool if we can get a contrast between Accelerator and Touma, Black wings and White wings- Where does he get white wings? Look to Kazakiri from behind...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 18:16   Link #248
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
New OP sample.

Hell yeah. I'm expecting animation quality on the level of "masterpiece". No pun intended.

Quote:
This is Index, not Railgun. It's perfectly normal to have the ending just focus on Touma and Index since they're the only main characters of the show (for now).

Quote:
No, the Opening needs more Accelerator!!!
Seconded. I'm hoping that they'll give him about the same screentime and significance as Touma in there because volumes 12-13 are really where Accelerator gets his kick-start as a second protagonist.
Old 2011-01-14, 19:20   Link #249
Ashaman

Mikoto is high up in the Secondary characters, but she isn't really a main in anything but Railgun. I don't mind her not being in the ED, especially when we have an awesome Index one. Besides, it not like it showed a ton of characters and left Mikoto out massively. It was just Index with a little Touma. Hopefully Misaka should still make a semi-prominate appearence in the OP though.

I am expecting a lot more Accelerator in the OP, but not at the expense of other characters who should appear in the next 12 episodes.

I don't really care, but we may even get that Saten cameo everyone wanted when To Aru 2 first began.
Old 2011-01-14, 19:30   Link #250
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskyra View Post
Still, I'd say Mikoto counts into main characters as well, and seriously, with all the fans she has I expected her to appear. Isn't your hate to Mikoto influencing your opinions way too much? Not that the ED as it is isn't nice, I like it, the song is a good listen, and loving all the Sphynx screentime (for serious, okay!?) But what I'd love them to do is to change it into Accel/LO at some point... Though that would be just uselessly getting my hopes up, huh.

They need to. I mean, he's getting more screentime soon, so if they won't they fail.
I don't hate Mikoto. I merely dislike her for some reasons and I think she appears way too much (e.g. the opening), but I don't hate her.

I actually liked her when I started watching Index, but I think my opinion of her worsened as I watched Railgun.

Also, besides the possibly the Remnant arc, Mikoto hasn't been doing anything lately that would grant her the "main character" status in Index. Touma has been running around punching whoever deserves it and Index is the titular character and has been very helpful in situations in the magic side (e.g. in the latest episode Orsola would have died if she didn't intervene). Mikoto so far has just been full blown dere whenever Touma is involved and tsun for everything else, and only pops up from time to time.

I define a "main character" as one who is the focus of the plot and the center of attention to the audience whenever they are involved in a situation. In Railgun, she is undisputably the main character, but in Index I don't consider her one.

She will play a kind of important role in the last arc, although that'll be overshadowed by Touma and Accelerator.
Old 2011-01-14, 20:41   Link #251
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
I actually liked her when I started watching Index, but I think my opinion of her worsened as I watched Railgun.

Also, besides the possibly the Remnant arc, Mikoto hasn't been doing anything lately that would grant her the "main character" status in Index. Touma has been running around punching whoever deserves it and Index is the titular character and has been very helpful in situations in the magic side (e.g. in the latest episode Orsola would have died if she didn't intervene). Mikoto so far has just been full blown dere whenever Touma is involved and tsun for everything else, and only pops up from time to time.

I define a "main character" as one who is the focus of the plot and the center of attention to the audience whenever they are involved in a situation. In Railgun, she is undisputably the main character, but in Index I don't consider her one.
To be honest, my very first impression of her is actually pretty bad, while Index keeps the patience gauge in me at pretty nice levels (although her biting Touma and being a glutton doesn't exactly help her case) compared to Mikoto herself which breaks my gauge over and over again (Kuroko only helps to make it worse).

But then again, most people at this point would consider Mikoto pretty much a main character when in actuality I don't think so, she's just a very prominent secondary character and that's about it. Unfortunately other people have different views, and this is why the Railgun series was created as a branch-off to the main one, and it especially hurts me when people prefer that compared to the original story (hey, if it wasn't because of the existence of the original, nobody would get their beloved Railgun). Yeah, it's true that there are people who watch the show just to see Mikoto appear and... doing cute things.

Regarding the ED, although I think it was well done, I can't help but notice that for a series that has a lot of characters they only decide to put just Index and a little bit of Touma. But it does makes sense if I were to reconsider the series title itself.

I'm starting to think that while on this season the character animation was quite so-so compared to the previous, but at least the series served to be an unexpected source for some scenery eyecandy compared to the previous. Italy was pretty well done IMO, and I'm starting to think that for Season 2, it's the best.

Also, the ED animation, though nothing much to say about Index and Touma, the background was pretty well done IMO. I ended up looking at it instead of Index and Touma.

Of course, it goes without saying that most of the new soundtracks used for this season was pretty EPIC.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 21:27   Link #252
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
To be honest, my very first impression of her is actually pretty bad, while Index keeps the patience gauge in me at pretty nice levels (although her biting Touma and being a glutton doesn't exactly help her case) compared to Mikoto herself which breaks my gauge over and over again (Kuroko only helps to make it worse).

But then again, most people at this point would consider Mikoto pretty much a main character when in actuality I don't think so, she's just a very prominent secondary character and that's about it. Unfortunately other people have different views, and this is why the Railgun series was created as a branch-off to the main one, and it especially hurts me when people prefer that compared to the original story (hey, if it wasn't because of the existence of the original, nobody would get their beloved Railgun). Yeah, it's true that there are people who watch the show just to see Mikoto appear and... doing cute things.

Regarding the ED, although I think it was well done, I can't help but notice that for a series that has a lot of characters they only decide to put just Index and a little bit of Touma. But it does makes sense if I were to reconsider the series title itself.

I'm starting to think that while on this season the character animation was quite so-so compared to the previous, but at least the series served to be an unexpected source for some scenery eyecandy compared to the previous. Italy was pretty well done IMO, and I'm starting to think that for Season 2, it's the best.

Also, the ED animation, though nothing much to say about Index and Touma, the background was pretty well done IMO. I ended up looking at it instead of Index and Touma.

Of course, it goes without saying that most of the new soundtracks used for this season was pretty EPIC.
That's another thing I resent Mikoto for (even though not all of it's her fault) - when people love Railgun and dismiss Index as having a horrible plot. Apparantly people like watching a reckless tsundere middle school kid over a story with lots of detail and exposition put into its background and setting.

The Italy episode has to be the best one in the series so far. It balanced everything out perfectly and came with a new ED to boot. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it didn't include the new OP, but that'll most probably be shown in the next episode so it's okay.

Also, yes, the Index II soundtrack is freaking epic. Does anyone know when it's coming out?
Old 2011-01-14, 21:35   Link #253
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Also, yes, the Index II soundtrack is freaking epic. Does anyone know when it's coming out?
25th this month.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 21:48   Link #254
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
25th this month.
You don't mean the OP/ED right? AFAIK OSTs take some time to be released after a series ends.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 23:15   Link #255
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
You don't mean the OP/ED right? AFAIK OSTs take some time to be released after a series ends.
Nope, it's the OST. 2-cour series usually have two OSTs, one for the first half of the season and the other for the second half. OST 1 is usually released a couple weeks after the mid-way point of the season, and OST 2 is released around April or May. Also, it's kind of funny how the Index II vol 1 BD/DVD, Index PSP game, Index OST, and vol 6 of Railgun all come out within two days of each other. The committee companies sure like raking in that money with Index/Railgun. btw, the singles for the new OP and ED come out February 16th and March 2nd, respectively.

Also, this ED is a first for Index in terms of directional technique. Up until now, the EDs have consisted of pans of all the characters that will be appearing in the coming arcs, but this time it focuses solely on Index. Also, it's kind of strange that Mikoto had so much focus in the first ED if they were going to toss her out all together in this ED. I guess they really did fire the team that did the first ED (good decision if they did, I also haven't seen that team animate any episodes since episode 3, thankfully). I wonder why they decided to try something new? Not that I'm complaining ofc, the new ED looks lovely.

Quote:
That's another thing I resent Mikoto for (even though not all of it's her fault) - when people love Railgun and dismiss Index as having a horrible plot.
Eh, Index and Railgun are just aimed at completely different demographics, although some do overlap (like me). Also, they aren't really wrong in saying the first couple arcs of Index had less than stellar plot; Index doesn't really kick into gear until the arc we're at right now after all.

And Duskya, I'd have to ask what sales figures you're talking about. While Railgun does indeed out sale Index S1 in BD/DVDs (doubles the sales on average actually) Index S1 in no way sold poorly; it sold extremely well actually, just not on the same level as Railgun because of the different demographic. As for Index II, we'll ahve to wait two more weeks to see the numbers, but going off of pre-order predictions, it will at least out sale Index S1. Of course, that's still speculation since we can't get exact numbers from Amazon pre-order points.
Old 2011-01-14, 23:45   Link #256
Soraya21

Really like the new ending theme, vastly better than S2 ED1 but still not as good as S1 ED2 for me. The song's pretty addicting and the animation is nice and sweet, showing Index's everyday life during the many times Touma goes off to a dangerous fight.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 05:31   Link #257
jeena32449

I found this

ED3

credit : Mad from nekomimi
jeena32449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 06:07   Link #258
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^

Why am I not surprised...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 10:36   Link #259
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

People say Railgun is just a moe show but more than half of the characters in Index is moe. People are making it seem that Railgun has no plot and is just a another "girls do cute things show" yet I consider it pretty action pack with a good well-stringed plot while Index keeps producing "usual Index arcs" with Dahaisesai to be the most notorius for making me think there's a plot yet its all going to be solved by a f*cking FIREWORK DISPLAY. And for the question why Mikoto fans keep wanting Mikoto to come out is because they are Mikoto fans though if these certain Mikoto fans read the forums they realize she isn't gonna come out as much.

I'm not raging cus I actually like Index even with all its discrepancies and I'm not saying Railgun is perfect. It just irritates me for some reason that people keep saying that Railgun is just some half-assed fanservice show for Biri-biri fans when in fact that series surpasses its parent story in a lot of aspects which is usually rare for a spin off.

(Wait this is kinda unrelated to the forums)
As for the new ED itself its nice to see Touma with his old uniform and Index is just as cute as a button

Last edited by ahelo; 2011-01-15 at 10:38. Reason: I forgot where i was and just started raging lol
ahelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 11:48   Link #260
Fiemma
Fiamma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
People say Railgun is just a moe show but more than half of the characters in Index is moe. People are making it seem that Railgun has no plot and is just a another "girls do cute things show" yet I consider it pretty action pack with a good well-stringed plot while Index keeps producing "usual Index arcs" with Dahaisesai to be the most notorius for making me think there's a plot yet its all going to be solved by a f*cking FIREWORK DISPLAY. And for the question why Mikoto fans keep wanting Mikoto to come out is because they are Mikoto fans though if these certain Mikoto fans read the forums they realize she isn't gonna come out as much.

I'm not raging cus I actually like Index even with all its discrepancies and I'm not saying Railgun is perfect. It just irritates me for some reason that people keep saying that Railgun is just some half-assed fanservice show for Biri-biri fans when in fact that series surpasses its parent story in a lot of aspects which is usually rare for a spin off.

(Wait this is kinda unrelated to the forums)
As for the new ED itself its nice to see Touma with his old uniform and Index is just as cute as a button
I agree

I am really tired ı always saw Tsundere tsundere tsundere ...I really want interesting chara or moe.Tsundere character generally similar to the behavior.
Therefore, how the character behaves in the future or I know, what she is doing.
Index may be less fans or Mikoto fans think she is unnecessary.
I think İndex is very interesting character, I do not know, now what she is doing or What to do?

I liked her because her personality unlike the other anime characters(she is so fun and cute) ,Loli is not to be.

Index series is very long, perhaps author, waiting for her final scene

I agree completley,Railgun little bir Filler. Was not completely fill the subject was good
Awasome müsic,Op/Ed, Character design was good
I had fun when watching tsundere character and Saten is a really interesting characters.When action and fan service...