AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-05, 13:22   Link #361
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Heh, kind of what I thought it would be.
So, is it gonna be decent? lol
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 16:12   Link #362
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm thinking Halo 2 style ending, though that's not saying much as this is the start of a new trilogy.
Old 2012-09-05, 18:51   Link #363
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Base of the trailers, are there more Spartans or are they just ODST?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 04:48   Link #364
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

There are newer spartans IV's stationed on ship, its confirmed in one of the older videos.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 19:44   Link #365
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
There are newer spartans IV's stationed on ship, its confirmed in one of the older videos.
Interesting, a new version of the Spartan. Wonder what the capabilities of the Spartans 4 will bring? Still I believe the Spartans 2 is still the best of class.
Old 2012-09-07, 01:32   Link #366
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

What the SPARTAN-IV program brings to the table is not so much new physical capabilities or whatever, but cost-effectiveness and the removal of age constraints for the medical treatment.

It allows the UNSC to create SPARTANs without having to go through all the long and expensive trouble of SPARTAN-II and ONI no longer has to kidnap children around the galaxy: this time they can recruit adults directly from the Marines/ODST and upgrade their bodies to SPARTAN level. This theoretically allows a far greater and more affordable production of SPARTAN soldiers, compared to SPARTAN-II and -III.
Old 2012-09-07, 01:55   Link #367
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And the improvements made in the production process for the Spartan IIs and Spartan IIIs will go a long way for the Spartan IVs--the Spartan IIIs in the Reach underwent the same augmentations as the Spartan IIs because they were able to improve the process and eliminate some of the risks. I imagine the Spartan IVs will also benefit from such a procedure.
Old 2012-09-07, 11:49   Link #368
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And the improvements made in the production process for the Spartan IIs and Spartan IIIs will go a long way for the Spartan IVs--the Spartan IIIs in the Reach underwent the same augmentations as the Spartan IIs because they were able to improve the process and eliminate some of the risks. I imagine the Spartan IVs will also benefit from such a procedure.
The SIII program could be seen as an experiment in improving the enhancement methods to the point where you could start mass production. That's really has been the trick with all later iterations of the Spartan program.

Spartan II
-Required young candidates, with a LUDICROUSLY high selective criteria, only half of candidates survived surgery

Spartan III
-Required young candidates, with selective but far looser selection criteria, nearly all survived.

Spartan IV
-Enhancements can be performed on adults, extremely loose selection criteria (Probably special forces level training) with presumably universal survival.

A better way to look at the Spartan Program is as a continuum of the same R&D project. They came up with a fully functional working prototype, they just needed to figure out how to economically mass produce it.

Mind, according to super mad scientist Halsey, many of the SII's allegedly had unusual genetic characteristics. Master Chief is apparently genetically predisposed to be lucky.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 15:02   Link #369
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Despite the Spartan III and IV high mass production of numbers, I think the Spartan II are superior in combat due to training at a young age.
Old 2012-09-07, 15:15   Link #370
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

What gave the Spartan-IIs their apparent superiority is their genes, actually. Due to the strict adherence for candidates that Halsey kept to, all of the Spartan-IIs had "perfect" genes and those genes allowed their augmentations to be much, much more powerful. For example, as stated in Ghosts of Onyx, the augmentation that would've given a Spartan-II a 300% increase in their reflexes instead gave them a 1400% increase due to their genes.

Furthermore, it would seem that Noble Team, despite being made up mostly of Spartan-IIIs, still fulfilled the perfect gene requirements within the looser selection criteria. As a result, their enhancements ended up being on par with a Spartan-IIs, which is why they're as capable as any of the Spartan-IIs. It also appears that as they age and their bodies become more and more used to the augmentations they'll grow more powerful, so the older Spartan-IIIs would've likely been as good as the Spartan-IIs had they survived and matured into adulthood.

That's going to play a factor in the development of the newer Spartan-IVs, I imagine, as all of those candidates are adults, like the Spartan-Is. So their bodies likely wouldn't have as much time to adapt to the augmentations, unlike the older Spartan-IIs and Spartan-IIIs (since they want the survivors to join the ranks of the Spartan-IVs in the program).
Old 2012-09-07, 15:43   Link #371
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Despite the Spartan III and IV high mass production of numbers, I think the Spartan II are superior in combat due to training at a young age.
On a man to man basis? Sure.

Of course it also helps to remember that the 150 or so candidates they picked out for the SII program were basically freaks in terms of mental/physical ability. Basically prodigy children who were also at the extreme end of the physical growth curb (140 centimeters tall at age 6).

The first casualty of the Spartan program was actually one of the HTH combat instructors who got his spine snapped in half accidentally by a ten year old girl.

That said. There IS something to be said about the UNSC to be truly able to mass produce Spartan IV's. Baseline humans just can't go toe to toe with allot of alien species in close combat. Having a large number of soldiers that can do that is certainly a boon.
Quote:
Furthermore, it would seem that Noble Team, despite being made up mostly of Spartan-IIIs, still fulfilled the perfect gene requirements within the looser selection criteria. As a result, their enhancements ended up being on par with a Spartan-IIs, which is why they're as capable as any of the Spartan-IIs. It also appears that as they age and their bodies become more and more used to the augmentations they'll grow more powerful, so the older Spartan-IIIs would've likely been as good as the Spartan-IIs had they survived and matured into adulthood.
At least certain ones would. Like the ones that Kurt ferried off to his private his teams that met the genetic criteria that Halsey set up for the S2 program.
Old 2012-09-07, 16:06   Link #372
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
What gave the Spartan-IIs their apparent superiority is their genes, actually. Due to the strict adherence for candidates that Halsey kept to, all of the Spartan-IIs had "perfect" genes and those genes allowed their augmentations to be much, much more powerful. For example, as stated in Ghosts of Onyx, the augmentation that would've given a Spartan-II a 300% increase in their reflexes instead gave them a 1400% increase due to their genes.

That's going to play a factor in the development of the newer Spartan-IVs, I imagine, as all of those candidates are adults, like the Spartan-Is. So their bodies likely wouldn't have as much time to adapt to the augmentations, unlike the older Spartan-IIs and Spartan-IIIs (since they want the survivors to join the ranks of the Spartan-IVs in the program).
Well I give them that, but the Spartan II is still certainly better since they been in combat a lot more. Spartan III and IV will certainly get there, but only in due time with combat experience.
Old 2012-09-07, 17:28   Link #373
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well I give them that, but the Spartan II is still certainly better since they been in combat a lot more. Spartan III and IV will certainly get there, but only in due time with combat experience.
Just to make the long stories short: the Spartan IV have the equality/same level of a Spartan II.

I hope this will make you more understand then those we have to read the entire manual above us....
Old 2012-09-07, 18:05   Link #374
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk HuNt3r F4n View Post
Just to make the long stories short: the Spartan IV have the equality/same level of a Spartan II.
If that was 100% true then Master Chief wouldn't be the big deal hero of Halo 4
Old 2012-09-07, 19:21   Link #375
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Spartan I
The program involved adult volunteers where they underwent some sort of genetic enhancements. Whatever it was it was successful enough to set the foundation for the Spartan II project.

The volunteers involved in the Spartan I project went on with their lives and eventually had kids and if I recall correctly those kids inherited it and were ideal for the Spartan II program.

Spartan II
Program includes volunteer children on a very selective basis with genetic enhancements but also includes expensive equipment, enough to fund an entire battlefleet. Many die due to the augmentations

Spartan III
Program takes orphans from wherever they can find them. Jackson stated that the medical advances since that time allows them to literally ensure a 100% success rate regardless of the pool. The equipment on the other hand is a cheaper and weaker as it lacks shielding. On the other hand the III's are more than capable of taking on elites in hand to hand combat. Essentially a limited mass production model.

Spartan IV
Program involves adult volunteers and I'm guessing as others have stated the same enhancements which they can now do with a 100% success rate on adults instead of children. With the collection of new forerunner equipment I am assuming that their equipment would be on par with the Spartan's II but I could be wrong.

IMO the Spartan II's are one of the best due to being given the best of the best the UNSC could afford at the time. Spartan IV on the other hand have the advantage of using the newest technology based on Forerunner tech if the novels are to follow.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 02:19   Link #376
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
If that was 100% true then Master Chief wouldn't be the big deal hero of Halo 4
Well its Master Chief we are talking about heh. During the Human/Covenant war there where Spartan II and the Chief wasnt a big deal either to be a hero you say.

Besides you can be a hero in Spartan-Ops.

Last edited by DaRk HuNt3r F4n; 2012-09-08 at 05:13.
DaRk HuNt3r F4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 19:38   Link #377
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

We can argue a lot of which Generation of Spartans were better in terms of different categories. Still if you had to pit a single Spartan II against another of any generation, who would come out on top will be the final answer. Equipment does matter, but experience and training is worth a lot more which the Spartan II have more than any of the other Generation.
Old 2012-09-08, 19:41   Link #378
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And luck, as it were.
Old 2012-09-08, 19:50   Link #379
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Master Chief has a insane amount of luck, he always seems to find the right weapon,ride or person for the job.
Old 2012-09-09, 00:45   Link #380
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

Well the Chief create his own luck.

Tags
halo 4, sierra 117