AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 26 34.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 46.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-17, 18:22   Link #121
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post
Seeing as Lutecia's numbers and the relics having numbers, does anything think it's very likely that the number girls are actually personified relics? They both use the same latin numerals and I think it's too big of a coincidence to be anything else.

Actually... looking back on the containers in Ep6, I think that the girls are grown by Jail, but are empty shells that require something like souls. The relics could possibly be implanted in the number girls, bringing them to life with souls and magic powers.

The relics are souls of people that were sealed up, and Lutecia knew them before hand and are trying to free them now.

Welp, it's my crazy theory, what do you guys think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Hey, that's mine! Or something like that. Mine was something along the lines that Relics were crystallized magical energy or even crystallized mages or something, and that Scagliette's bringing them back to life by...implanting them, or reformating their structure.

Since the Drones were worked on the concept of implanting nano-JS inside machines, it wouldn't be surprising if it was just a basic concept for Numbers.

Naturally, there are minor issues. Fate didn't need any "soul-planting" for her to be her, and I'm not sure if they're implying that Jail's already got his hands on quite a number of Relics...

And don't you mean Jail's trying to free them? Lutecia only cares for ONE relic. Selfish, much?
sounds reasonable i was also think that perhaps the relics wasnt just crystals of mass power but rather contained personalities ~ kinda like the intelligent devices ~ lutecia isnt a relic creation like the others and acts as the boss within the group of people...maybe by freeing the relics they then work for lutacia to help her find her lost "friend" ~ while Dr spaghetti is trying to take advantage of their powers through lutecia...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-17, 18:23   Link #122
CrazyPerson

Chaos: It's only a problem for you, Chaos, because of that whole barrier jacket thing and damaging the soul. By the way, I agree with Keroko's assertion that all attacks cause physical damage and that barrier jackets probably emit something like an invisible personal forcefield that stops permanent damage. (Okay, I was late to the party to that discussion, so I felt like I should bring my support up somewhere. >.>)

Nightengale: You had that theory too? I didn't see you post it, or else I'd show my support. Anyway, I believe that implanting Alicia's memories and skills into Fate probably suffices as a "soul" of sorts, and since Fate is a clone, she probably inherited Alicia's magic tendencies as well.

Jail doesn't strike me as the one who's trying to free people. More like he would use them to his advantage. Lutecia maybe looking for one specific relic because it would really help her free the others maybe? Or that specific relic contains a family member/friend that's sealed away and is a higher priority than the other sealed people.

Hell, that leads me to another crazy theory. (Two in a row, I'm on a roll!)

Crazy Theory #3:I remember someone posting that Lutecia could be royalty (or at least someone important in some group or clan) so maybe Lutecia is the leader of a Carol type clan (or at least last living bloodline to the leader, making her de-facto leader) and all the numbers are actually her servants/clansmen (That's why they address her as Ojou and seem to be under her command). However, the one relic that Lutecia is looking for is a sealed family member/friend, making that one more precious than anything else (The only relic she cares about). Using my insane powers of random connection making, I suspect mysterious-loli-in-hospital to be the searched for friend (There's gotta be a reason the mysterious loli is in the story).

There you go. Eventually, when I stop being lazy, I'll link my first crazy theory in the episode thread 2 (I think) about Nakajima being guilty to Lost Logia smuggling to Jail's client mumblings to the corrupted arse-hole who is Anti- Hayate's Cosplay Brigade.
Old 2007-06-17, 18:34   Link #123
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Nightengale: You had that theory too? I didn't see you post it, or else I'd show my support. Anyway, I believe that implanting Alicia's memories and skills into Fate probably suffices as a "soul" of sorts, and since Fate is a clone, she probably inherited Alicia's magic tendencies as well.
I believe it was stated that Alicia had zero magical potential. Every ounce of Fate's talent came from Precia ironically, and not because of Alicia.

Anyway, true. Jail doesn't seem to be the type, but who knows. At least it looks like they don't have any screwed-up internal relationships so far...unless scolding from Uno really means HARD whipping. We know Zest and Agito doesn't like Jail, but nothing indicates both of them were 'his' once, unlike Lutecia, who doesn't really dislike him even though they're no longer under one roof.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-17, 18:39   Link #124
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

*surprised at everyone's shock about the revelation about III's gender*

*Thinks back to Episode 11 thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
You know, for all we know, the new person-in-blue could end up being another Jail Girl....

I know it's highly unbelievable and almost blasphemous to suggest but strangely this idea somewhat seems possible to me .

Anyway, enough with the self-congratulations.

The Grumpy Fatso is one of those regrettably abundant idiots you'll see in most stories involving a large organisation. Narrow-minded, thinking-locked-in-stone, and as most have put, possibly corrupt. To put it in another way, the type that prevents the group from progressing due to limitations in their thinking.

I seriously doubt that he is the client. He obviously does not approve of the notion of working with "criminals", be they real or otherwise (how dare he calls my Queen a "criminal"!). His mental abilities appears to be limited to internal squabbling and other petty matters, not to mentioned his lack of fore-sight for stopping the Anti-AMF research (possibly because he felt that it's a waste of resources. How wise.)

His secretary however appears to be more ominous. I won't be surprised if she is pulling the strings from behind (manipulating people like Regius shouldn't be much of a problem if you know how to play them by their egos) or an accomplice of the Doktor or client (or maybe she IS the client).

The elder sisters appears to have Scaglietti's eyes (Uno appears to have those sneaky amber eyes as well). Perhaps the Doktor probably used his own DNA as a basis for the "older" girls?

Btw Vita's expression when the forwards explained the ruse was absolutely priceless .

Signature by liro
Old 2007-06-17, 18:46   Link #125
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Chaos: It's only a problem for you, Chaos, because of that whole barrier jacket thing and damaging the soul.
See? See?! Nobody ever lets that go.... !

For the last time, I don't mean it literally!!!

Quote:

The Grumpy Fatso is one of those regrettably abundant idiots you'll see in most stories involving a large organisation. Narrow-minded, thinking-locked-in-stone, and as most have put, possibly corrupt. To put it in another way, the type that prevents the group from progressing due to limitations in their thinking.

Do I sense repressed rage due to recent real-life events?
Old 2007-06-17, 18:48   Link #126
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Hail the Return of A's!

Still need to see the raw, but the screenshots and summary already impress! LINEAR CANNON!!! HASHA!!!

But is it strange that I noticed this the most:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
They don't mind about blowing Storm Rider with the "Material" inside, because as the candidate for the Seiou(Holy Emperor or something, in straight translation (*)), she should be able to survive that.
(* They said "聖王 (Seiou)" to refer her, so obviously she's somehow connected to the Church as well...)

The Holy Belka Imperallion's search for the God Empress?????

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-17, 18:52   Link #127
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Do I sense repressed rage due to recent real-life events?
Tch tch tch , you're reading too much into it, my friend and fellow countryman. 'Tis but a simple, detached but rightfully pointed and accurate observation.

Of course, life is a stories in the Halls of Akasha, and a nation is a very big organisation in a very real way.

Btw Agito looks much better with long hair (and naked too ).

Signature by liro
Old 2007-06-17, 18:57   Link #128
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Tch tch tch , you're reading too much into it, my friend and fellow countryman. 'Tis but a simple, detached but rightfully pointed and accurate observation.

Of course, life is a stories in the Halls of Akasha, and a nation is a very big organisation in a very real way.
"The fault is my own..."

Ah of course, you must forgive me, I tend to jump to conlcusions when I wake up in the dead of the night Though I must say it's fits the situation surprisingly well ... ^^

Quote:
Btw Agito looks much better with long hair (and naked too ).

Episode 13 is a 'revelation' episode?
Old 2007-06-17, 19:02   Link #129
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah I don't think there is a lot onimous about that military guy himself. Your fairly common short-sighted idiot, I mean calling Hayate a criminal. Sure they did massive damage to a city, but considering Hayate's firepower it could've been worst. Have to wonder what a guy is thinking going against anti-AMF projects during a time where AMF poses a serious problem. Though probably he's the type that thinks their power is so great an AMF doesn't mean anything. Secretary could be up to something (they usually are ) since controlling a person that stupid wouldn't be tough.

Interesting that Lutecia is just looking for a specific relic. So at least we've figured out the arrangement it seems. She'll help out with relic hunts in general. But if they find the one she's after it's hers to keep. In exchange she's getting help tracking down the relic's. Can't blame Agito and Zest for not liking the doctor, while his sources and drones are handy he isn't a guy I'd be putting trust in.

Yeah seems we'll get some answers with the Agito, Zest, Lutecia, and our mystery loli. People will get their nude Agito, though it's during a period where she's been injected by something weird and is suffering negative effects.
Old 2007-06-17, 19:11   Link #130
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I just noticed this. Nanoha's BJ is different in Exceed mode. The skirt length is longer, like what it used to be in the previous seasons. Her chess ribbon is gone and her vest is open, similar to Hayate and Signum. The underlying jacket near her collar is now black.

In a way it does bear some similarity to Hayate's armor (upper part, that is) or Fate's upper jacket. I'd like point out the differences visibly myself, but I need a screenie.

Speaking of Hayate, I really like the way she chanted the incantation for Diabolic Emission. Reminds me of the way Rein I did it.

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2007-06-17 at 19:19. Reason: Missed out something
Old 2007-06-17, 19:17   Link #131
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
oh im happy now :3

croppy screen caps ~
Spoiler:
When I saw Team Black I sniggered. Those are practically Valkyries from Mai-Otome! Talk about referencing another pseudo-science mahou shoujo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Me and Kha we've been saying it for the longest time: The TSAB are corrupted!! And here's proof! Mwuahahahahahahahahahaaha

Sorry, got carried away
Quote:
One ass-hole really doesn't represent the whole of...
Hang on a minute, we're not talking about the whole TSAB...
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Great, are we going to have a new form of "Titans" in Nanoha?
Correct. Just as I thought.

A note on the Titans: Back in the old days of UC ***dam, there was a department of the Earth Federation that was set up by ex-Zeon officers. They were an anti-terror group, meant to perform pre-emptive strikes against threats to the Fed. However, they pretty much had plans of their own. Enter the rest of the legendary Zeta storyline...

SO, what makes Nanoha, a heavy mecha referencer, from paying tribute to one of the most amazing mecha stories ever?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i could have sworn i heard A rank well it just shows that nanoha has haxx defense

i was surprised that shamal didnt even attempt to jump out of the helicopter with the loli (she can leave vice behind )
coughPhaseShift***damiumAlloycough

Storm Raider got RPG'd suddenly like in Black Hawk Down, there's no way anyone in there would've known before hand? And I dun think the chopper had anti-targeting radar.

Dang if only it was shot down... Black Hawk Down comes to mind. Then even better if there's a 1337 negotiator amongst the Espada, we'll have Shamal under Deivce-point for rightful exchange for the last Relic.
Quote:
Seeing as Lutecia's numbers and the relics having numbers, does anything think it's very likely that the number girls are actually personified relics? They both use the same latin numerals and I think it's too big of a coincidence to be anything else.

Actually... looking back on the containers in Ep6, I think that the girls are grown by Jail, but are empty shells that require something like souls. The relics could possibly be implanted in the number girls, bringing them to life with souls and magic powers.

The relics are souls of people that were sealed up, and Lutecia knew them before hand and are trying to free them now.

Welp, it's my crazy theory, what do you guys think?
I actually AGREE.

This is practically BLEACH. Liberating the Arracar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Hey, that's mine! Or something like that. Mine was something along the lines that Relics were crystallized magical energy or even crystallized mages or something, and that Scagliette's bringing them back to life by...implanting them, or reformating their structure.

Since the Drones were worked on the concept of implanting nano-JS inside machines, it wouldn't be surprising if it was just a basic concept for Numbers.

Naturally, there are minor issues. Fate didn't need any "soul-planting" for her to be her, and I'm not sure if they're implying that Jail's already got his hands on quite a number of Relics...

And don't you mean Jail's trying to free them? Lutecia only cares for ONE relic. Selfish, much?
Fate was a clone of a living person, but not the Espada, who were built from scratch like tsukaima. And tsukaima usually were based on another lifeform, so that might have also supplied the soul.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The Holy Belka Imperallion's search for the God Empress?????
Kha: ...
Sophia: ...
Artei: ...

Together: NANI?!

Carim: (catches fire) I don't care what it takes, someone get the Lost Logia subs double time!
Old 2007-06-17, 19:32   Link #132
CrazyPerson

Quote:
I just noticed this. Nanoha's BJ is different in Exceed mode. The skirt length is longer, like what it used to be in the previous seasons. Her chess ribbon is gone and her vest is open, similar to Hayate and Signum. The underlying jacket near her collar is now black.
In a way it does bear some similarity to Hayate's armor (upper part, that is) or Fate's upper jacket. I'd like point out the differences visibly myself, but I need a screenie.

Using my amazing powers of crappy screenshoting, I officially confirm Estavali's notes. (The smoke about 2 secs before this shot makes shooting difficult, not to mention bad quality.)

Estavali, point out them differences at will!
Old 2007-06-17, 19:36   Link #133
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Just finished watching the eyecancer raw (actually had it since 6pm UK time, but have been working on finishing a vector trace of Reinforce I).

Awesome.
Needs more stuff blowing up though.

Lots of twists and turns this episode, which is a refreshing experience and a nice throwback to early A's. Numbers would have been owned if they didn't have the advantage of surprise moves on the Section 6 team. Nice to see some decent action now, and hopefully it'll keep going. (Nanoha flying in from out of nowhere with Exceed Mode to rescue the choppah was quite a surprise.)

Got to see more of the new enemy mages too, with their awesome hax... errr... I mean skills, and some background is expected in the next episode, which should be nice.

And Fate... Trident Smasher? That's a new one from you, isn't it? ^_^

The best events of the episode?
Vita making her typically grand entrance, Hayate's impression of Reinforce, and Teana hiding the Relic in Caro's hat.

If the first 11eps was Nanoha Season 1, then the rest of Strikers will be A's. Bring it on. ^_-

(Now to try and get Illustrator to save the final version of the trace without crashing or freezing for half an hour...)

PS: I don't think it's the TSAB head guy you should be worrying about. I think the second-in-command is the real culprit here. There's just something about her that is very suspicious...
Old 2007-06-17, 19:37   Link #134
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Her name is officially Quatro, with 'sisters' Nove and Uno.
If this series is keeping in the tradition of naming most of its characters after cars (eg Jail Scaglietti after the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti) just like lots of other anime/manga titles have, then she's probably named after the Audi Quattro.

Though the numbering system is still possible (eg Uno=1, Nove=9; though Uno is also a car made by Fiat, but Nove is something else, a place in Italy).
Old 2007-06-17, 19:37   Link #135
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

My brain has turned into stone... So I'll only reply some of the simpliest of posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Hang on a minute, we're not talking about the whole TSAB...
YES you were!!

Don't make me dig !

*shaking fist of fury*
Old 2007-06-17, 19:52   Link #136
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Using my amazing powers of crappy screenshoting, I officially confirm Estavali's notes. (The smoke about 2 secs before this shot makes shooting difficult, not to mention bad quality.)

Thanks!

*Waits for image to load*

Shucks, that's long...

*Refreshes*

Hmm? Still nothing? Tch......

*Refreshes even more. Still nothing.*

*Berserk refreshing mode ON*

*Still nothing*

ARGHH!!!!!!!

GIMME MY SCREENIE!!!!!!!!!!!! *shakes moniter and summons Kagutsuchi*

Imageshack. It pwns ye arse.

Defeated.... Sorry, CrazyPerson, mind sending me that screenie via anything other than Imageshack?

Add-on:

I forgot to mentioned this, but didn't Lutecia used something resembling Bloody Dagger at Tia during the fight before they were caught?

Add-on 2:

The confounded image finally shows up... after 16+ hours.

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2007-06-18 at 11:27.
Old 2007-06-17, 19:55   Link #137
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

In case a sharper version is needed:
Spoiler for Big Exceed:
Quote:
YES you were!!

Don't make me dig !

*shaking fist of fury*
Oh ya now I remember. Looks like Titans is more likely.
Old 2007-06-17, 19:57   Link #138
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

@Estavali: Here's the image on Photobucket:

Spoiler for Exceed Mode:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
In case a sharper version is needed:
Spoiler for Big Exceed:

Exceed mode though doesn't have the red bowtie, and Nanoha's vest is now open, which earns +500 points for coolness.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-17, 19:58   Link #139
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I...........don't like speculations.
Let's see some facts......
Old 2007-06-17, 20:00   Link #140
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Exceed mode though doesn't have the red bowtie, and Nanoha's vest is now open, which earns +500 points for coolness.
Eh-hehehe... Oops forgot about that detail.