AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your Favourite SR Factions (multiple choice allowed)
Flag / Jersey Faction: Harima x Eri 412 63.00%
Oudou / Correct Path Faction: Harima x Tenma 63 9.63%
Onigiri / Riceball Faction: Harima x Yakumo 295 45.11%
Kids Meal Faction: Harima x Eri x Yakumo 157 24.01%
True Oudou Faction: Karasuma x Tenma 89 13.61%
Dream Come True Faction: Hanai x Yakumo 25 3.82%
Flute Faction: Hanai x Mikoto 156 23.85%
Kite / Chocolate Faction: Hanai x Akira 22 3.36%
Glasses Faction: Hanai x Yuuki 28 4.28%
Applejuice / Apple Faction: Imadori x Ichijou 182 27.83%
Banana Faction: Imadori x Lala 33 5.05%
D Faction: Imadori x Mikoto 31 4.74%
Basketball Faction: Asou x Mikoto 75 11.47%
Chinese Food Faction: Asou x Sara 69 10.55%
Cookies / Dynamite Faction: Tani x Tae 45 6.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 654. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-09, 10:49   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

SR Factions, who's your favourite!

Poll now open! Now's your chance to vote for your favourite School Rumble Faction.

This is a multiple choice poll and while we won’t restrict you from voting for every Faction, please try to limit your choice to your top 3 or 4 picks if you can (or at least one from each group). If you are undecided and want to vote for all of them, then so be it, but if you can narrow it down a bit, then that’s even better. If you like one pairing the most, then don’t feel the need to vote for anymore.

Please remember that once you make your vote you may not "come back" later to add or change your previous vote(s). So make sure you know all the factions you want to include in your vote before you click the "Vote Now" button.

And of course the vote is public, so your votes will be visible.

---

Since there are so many characters in School Rumble, it's only natural that different characters are paired together (either by the Mangaka Jin Kobayashi or by the fertile imagination of the readers). These combinations (or Factions) have been given various names to identify who's who (the Faction names originated in Japanese 2ch boards).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
"Flag" is a term one uses for events that occur in dating sims, that functions as turning points and cross roads for different situations and endings.

Since Eri's encounter with Harima were always "dating-sim-like", in the sense that they hardly ever talk normally, but always meet at critical situations, their relationship is called the "Flag".
Thanks to Vallen Chaos Valiant post, I also had a look round to find the names of the different factions. Here's what I turned up, if you know of any more please post them here.

Flag / Jersey Faction: Harima x Eri
Oudou / Correct Path Faction: Harima x Tenma
Onigiri / Riceball Faction: Harima x Yakumo
Pencil Faction: Harima x Mikoto
Mission Impossible Faction: Harima x Akira
Kids Meal / Monkey Faction: Harima x Eri x Yakumo
Cousin Faction: Harima x Itoko

True Oudou Faction: Karasuma x Tenma
Curry Faction: Karasuma x Curry
Royal Flush Faction: Karasuma x Eri

Dream Come True Faction: Hanai x Yakumo
Flute Faction: Hanai x Mikoto
Kite / Chocolate Faction: Hanai x Akira
Glasses Faction: Hanai x Yuuki
Under the Moon Faction: Hanai x Harima

Applejuice / Apple Faction: Imadori x Ichijou
Banana Faction: Imadori x Lala
D Faction: Imadori x Mikoto

Basketball Faction: Asou x Mikoto
Chinese Food Faction: Asou x Sara

Cookies / Dynamite Faction: Tani x Tae

Bloody Mary Faction: Eri x Yakumo

You can also lend your vocal support for your favourite factions. Perhaps once we can establish the more serious factions we can add a poll to this thread to see which are the favourites. But before we can do that, we need to whittle down the factions to under 16 or so (otherwise the poll will be to cumbersome)

---

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.
    What this means is don't post something like this:

"VOTE FOR KIDS MEAL!!!" Or…"Yakumo >>>>> Tenma" Or… "DO NOT VOTE FOR HARIMA x ERI!!!!111 "

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters or factions without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a faction you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

Thanks to Catgirls for the thread template!

Last edited by xris; 2006-05-20 at 05:33.
Old 2006-04-09, 14:45   Link #2
Keitarou
Ninja

A somewhat complete listing of the factions.

Anyway, myself, I'm of course a flagger. Everybody who can't see that Harima and Eri truly belong together needs some glasses. ;)

Well, jokes aside. This pairing is the most different one and has enough potential to make the show. Adding Yakumo as competition leads of course to a few more funny situations. Tenma on the other hand is a lost case, she just fails to have any potential after episode one and a pairing with Harima wouldn't make as much fun as a HarimaxAnybody pairing.

Other interesting pairings:

Chinese Food Faction - Asou and Sara are a nice pair and good single characters as well, as seen in sukuran polls. :)
Flute Faction - Hands down, the childhood friends belong together.
Apple Juice Faction - Imadori may be a jerk but still fun and Karen deserves more attention!
True Oudou Faction - Just for the sake of it, they fit each other perfectly and should get together and disappear from the show so that we finally get more attention to the better pairings and characters. ;)
Cookies/Dynamite Faction - The teachers need love as well, Tae was pretty mean to him though.

Hmm, that's it from the top of my head.
Old 2006-04-09, 15:14   Link #3
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I never really paid any attention to this faction stuff, but I definitely like Eri x Harima one. My two favorite characters in the show together (except for Itoko, I just find that weird).
Old 2006-04-09, 18:28   Link #4
poseur

yup definitely rooting for the Eri X Harima faction

but not because they are meant for each other........

coz the chemistry between them is impossibly wonderful, it would be so fun to see these two together.

although i like tenma-chan, but her true oudou pairing's a little boring.....mainly due to karasuma, i hope for more tenma-chan action!!!!!!
Old 2006-04-09, 18:51   Link #5
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by poseur
.....mainly due to karasuma, i hope for more tenma-chan action!!!!!!
Cue Water-Troll costume and sleazy saxophone music....

I kid!! I kid!! I joke because I love!! Harima or Karasuma, I really hope sweet-lil Tenma-Chan finds her well deserved happiness.
Old 2006-04-10, 05:14   Link #6
evil-samurai

I have! to say the, Applejuice / Apple Faction: Imadori x Ichijou

Its just so different and they do fit well in a sort of werid way ^^;; I love Ichijou as a character and Imadori is truly just a plain funny guy to have on the show. He does chase after other girls but its always! funny the way they show it. Episode 18 is still one of my favorite episodes and by looking at season 2 opening, it looks like they are going to go on another Date...

A few others:

Flute Faction: Hanai x Mikoto -> I think it was the Flash-back episode, in which I really thought they did fit well together, but right now I dont know ^^;

Onigiri / Riceball Faction: Harima x Yakumo

-> Both pairings are interesting, I'm not fussed which way things go.

Hmm.. there are some other factions that are Interesting comedy wise (Banana Faction ) but its been a while since I watch the show and the ones above are the more serious ones I think fit well.
Old 2006-04-10, 15:15   Link #7
Js2756
Thread Killer

I'm probably a fan of riceball, but flag has it's moments as well. I kinda swing back and forth depending on situation, but for the most part, riceball all the way.

Monkey faction has it's charm though.

Curry >>>>> True Oudou
Old 2006-04-10, 17:15   Link #8
Shadowscar
Reviewer of all anime

Applejuice / Apple Faction: Imadori x Ichijou

Curry Faction: Karasuma x Curry

Flute Faction: Hanai x Mikoto
or
Kite / Chocolate Faction: Hanai x Akira

I'd also like to see Tenma go with the boy from the pool in season one (unsure his name and dont have time to look it up right now)

Bolded ones are relationships that i feel are actually cool to the story line and could be very funny

other ones i just think are possible

I could see it now Ichijou carrying Imadori around LOL
Old 2006-04-10, 18:00   Link #9
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

I support:

Flag - This one is easy. In terms of plot, character development, character interaction, crisis/catharsis, humor, and overall staying power, this pairing reigns supreme. Flag is SR.

True Oudou - I find Karasuma's character to be fairly interesting, especially as the series progresses. It's a cute pairing.

Dream Come True and/or Chocolate - Both pairings have some pretty good comedy going for them. I say that we combine the two.

Apple Juice - As much as Banana entertains me, Ichijou needs Imadori to get her happy ending, so...

Basketball - I wasn't really keen on this one at first, but it really grows on you with time.

Cookies - Here's to hoping that "Yurippe" is really Tae...
Old 2006-04-10, 21:40   Link #10
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Being the Osana-Najimi fanatic I am, Flute faction all the way! Sure, there seems to be a lot of obstacles in the way *cough*Yakumo*cough*, but that'll make victory even sweeter if it does happen. XD

Oddly enough though, I don't belong in the Mikoto fanclub since I'm an Eri fanboy to the core. Even weirder is that I don't have any strong attachment to any EriXmale faction; though if it's Harima Eri wants, then it's Harima she should get. Not nearly as fanatical about that pairing as I am with the flute faction though; while I'd be crushed if flute doesn't work out, I'll just shrug if HarimaXEri doesn't happen.
Old 2006-04-12, 23:19   Link #11
ekim19

I personally like the Oudou: Harima x Tenma pairing if not the Onigiri: Harima x Yakumo pairing would work out, since Harima can never express himself but Yakumo would know anyways.

I also like the Flute: Hanai Mikoto pairing, but if that doesn't work out the Basketball: Asou x Mikoto pairing isn't bad.
Old 2006-04-13, 00:08   Link #12
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Kids Meal / Monkey Faction all the way!

I can't decide if I like Eri or Yakumo more...so I'll just let Harima have both of them. Hey, he's definitely man enough.

Maybe, just maybe, by the end of this season I'll be able to choose which female I like better.
Old 2006-04-14, 08:14   Link #13
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Kids Meal / Monkey all the way.

Old 2006-04-14, 21:55   Link #14
Forever
Revealing the truth

1. Riceball faction - If anyone deserves to get a guy she like, it is yakumo...

2. KIds meal / Monkey - I dont mind yakumo sharing

3. Flag faction - If someone else had to win, I rather it be Eri. PLease let it not be tenma. She can go eat curry for the rest of her life.

4. Applejuice - Another adored pairing

5. Flute faction - This childhood pairing just seems right

6. Chinese food - asou goes well with sarah
Old 2006-04-15, 13:38   Link #15
daemoness
Slave to cuteness

Oudou forever! If that doesn't happen, I'd like Tenma with Nara instead of Karasuma.

I also prefer Flute, Curry, and Applejuice.

What would we call Yakumo x Sarah?
Old 2006-04-15, 13:48   Link #16
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemoness
Oudou forever! If that doesn't happen, I'd like Tenma with Nara instead of Karasuma.

I also prefer Flute, Curry, and Applejuice.

Sarah doesn't get enough screen time to get her own faction, unfortunately...

Anyway, she is out of bounds. Last I checked, Sarah plans to become a nun.
Old 2006-04-15, 13:54   Link #17
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Sarah doesn't get enough screen time to get her own faction, unfortunately...

Anyway, she is out of bounds. Last I checked, Sarah plans to become a nun.
Factions have nothing to do with screentime - even minor characters who show up for a single ♭ chapter can have them. Chinese Food is a Sara faction - Asou x Sara. I prefer Basketball, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemoness
Probably something related to the dog that Sara saved Yakumo from. Usually these names are derived from first meetings.
Old 2006-04-15, 14:19   Link #18
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

I would say my favorite faction is the riceball faction. my second choice? i guess anything with yakumo maybe kids meal XD
Old 2006-04-17, 00:58   Link #19
YakuMoFan~
--//Anime Newb\\-- ^^

Yeah, Same.. My favorite would be the Riceball Faction ;P

EDIT: Kids Meal Faction also.. Ha , Yeah its real hard to decide wether Eri or Yakumo deserves Harima but i lean towards Yakumo. Ack also Flute XD

Last edited by YakuMoFan~; 2006-04-18 at 20:07.
Old 2006-04-18, 11:18   Link #20
ayyo

Flag, Curry, Dream Come True, and D all the way.
Closed Thread