AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-07-15, 00:22   Link #5661
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Just a random thought...

Hades can use all forms of known magic and maybe use many Lost magics to a high potential (clearly all o the magic used by GH members).

Here is the hints in the plot so far:
  • Bluenotes whole talk about all magics originally being one magic (and of anyone whom has traced magic the furthest back to it's roots its Hades, thus implying he can use many magics). Plus Bluenotes shock at someone like Cana using Fairy Glitter when so unskilled and weak, clearly implies he believed only someone old and wise could use all magic... Thus implying Hades might be the reason why he believes this.
  • Zancrow stated HADES taught him Fire God Slayer magic... I guess Nastu can't (as effectively) Nakama punch him if this turns out to be true and Hades can also use Fire Dragon Slayer magic
  • Ultear has used at least 3 different magics this arc: Arc of time, Ice Creation magic, and summoning that sword... Plus her flash back with Hades implies himself taught her Arc of Time. This to me implies Hades was beginning to teach her other magics too since she was "the most trusted"... Offtopic: I wonder why she of all people was trusted though?
  • Hades himself said he taught the 7 kin lost magic, not helped them develop it... clearly implying he taught them more directly than Makarov, whom just guided FT down the proper path and let them develop there magic on there own.
  • Makarov was shocked at how quickly Hades was summoning spells and Hades then stated "he danced with Magic freely" (could this mean he knows it all and can choose the best spell at uber skill levels whenever he wishes?)
Great speculation, Ryus. I have to admit the thought had crossed my mind before; I just never fleshed it out as much as you have.

Though that first one may be a bit of a stretch...
Old 2011-07-15, 00:31   Link #5662
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Great speculation, Ryus. I have to admit the thought had crossed my mind before; I just never fleshed it out as much as you have.

Though that first one may be a bit of a stretch...
Doesn't surprise me at all that you thought of it too since I thought of it myself long before too, but only now finally got motivated to post something about it.

As to the first one, the last half defiantly is stretch but the first half is literally the Raison d'être for Grimoire Heart... finding the source of all magic. Hades himself mentioned tracing the all magic back to it's source after all and implied that was the reason why he formed Grimoire Heart in the first place.

EDIT: Anyone else hoping we get dialog between "Third Fairy Tail" and Hades before the fight truly starts? I'd sure love to see there faces when he states he was Fairy Tails second master and Erza's when she questions him about what they did to Gerard.
Old 2011-07-15, 00:35   Link #5663
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Doesn't surprise me at all that you thought of it too since I thought of it myself long before too, but only now finally got motivated to post something about it.
What motivated you?

Quote:
As to the first one, the last half defiantly is stretch but the first half is literally the Raison d'être for Grimoire Heart... finding the source of all magic. Hades himself mentioned tracing the all magic back to it's source after all and implied that was the reason why he formed Grimoire Heart in the first place.
The last half was what I meant. There's no disputing the first half.
Old 2011-07-15, 00:38   Link #5664
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
What motivated you?
Someone teased on another forum that Hades would eat the flames on Natsu's inevitable nakama punch and I just had to post after reading that... but the other thread is in a joking mood so i came here for a serious conversation.

The thread on the other (sub)forum is all about whether Hades will Troll FT or FT will Troll him... I'm currently saying Hades will troll FT (yeah, I know I'm going against the trend of the manga of Nakama puching ones way to victory but I want it to happen so badly that I couldn't resist taking this side )

Quote:
The last half was what I meant. There's no disputing the first half.
Thought so.
Old 2011-07-15, 00:43   Link #5665
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
The thread on the other (sub)forum is all about whether Hades will Troll FT or FT will Troll him... I'm currently saying Hades will troll FT (yeah, I know I'm going against the trend of the manga of Nakama puching ones way to victory but I want it to happen so badly that I couldn't resist taking this side
I want that to happen too.
Old 2011-07-15, 00:45   Link #5666
Krono

Quote:
EDIT: Anyone else hoping we get dialog between "Third Fairy Tail" and Hades before the fight truly starts? I'd sure love to see there faces when he states he was Fairy Tails second master and Erza's when she questions him about what they did to Gerard.
I would not be surprised if we do get some dialogue between them.

Also "Third Fairy Tail" is apparently a slight mistranslation. A slightly better translation would be "Third generation Fairy Tail."
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 12:08   Link #5667
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
  • Bluenotes whole talk about all magics originally being one magic (and of anyone whom has traced magic the furthest back to it's roots its Hades, thus implying he can use many magics). Plus Bluenotes shock at someone like Cana using Fairy Glitter when so unskilled and weak, clearly implies he believed only someone old and wise could use all magic... Thus implying Hades might be the reason why he believes this.
  • Zancrow stated HADES taught him Fire God Slayer magic... I guess Nastu can't (as effectively) Nakama punch him if this turns out to be true and Hades can also use Fire Dragon Slayer magic
  • Ultear has used at least 3 different magics this arc: Arc of time, Ice Creation magic, and summoning that sword... Plus her flash back with Hades implies himself taught her Arc of Time. This to me implies Hades was beginning to teach her other magics too since she was "the most trusted"... Offtopic: I wonder why she of all people was trusted though?
  • Hades himself said he taught the 7 kin lost magic, not helped them develop it... clearly implying he taught them more directly than Makarov, whom just guided FT down the proper path and let them develop there magic on there own.
  • Makarov was shocked at how quickly Hades was summoning spells and Hades then stated "he danced with Magic freely" (could this mean he knows it all and can choose the best spell at uber skill levels whenever he wishes?)
I guess pretty much to the point, few minor things though: Despite being capable of using all those lost magics, they still DO come at a price as the Seven Kin showed. If Hades could use them all indiscriminately, what is the point for him of even giving them to his underlings? If he could do all that, he would not need them, other than for the pure fun of corrupting them and leading them astray like Jelly and Boobybitch

I do think though its highly likely his casting speed, the power he gets out of his spells and his versatility are unreal. If nobody sacrifices him or herself and nobody like Laxus shows he's gonna troll em bad, I agree. (or at least HE SHOULD TROLL EM BAD - never underestimate a mangaka being bent on the OOOGI - ULTIMATE SPARKLIN GOLDEN NAKAMA PUNCH (also known as mavis flamin fart) :facepalm)
Old 2011-07-16, 00:35   Link #5668
Xion Valkyrie

Amazing chapter. This is how a team battle should be *cough* Naruto/Bleach *cough*.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 00:49   Link #5669
Knightrunner

Spoiler for 243:
Old 2011-07-16, 00:49   Link #5670
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Wendy! NUUU!! Well... at least that's what I wanna say if I didn't know she's going to be ok due to the nature of the series
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 00:52   Link #5671
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I think we all know who is going to save the day... and if you honestly dont know and wish to know.. PM me.
Old 2011-07-16, 02:06   Link #5672
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Pretty intense chapter, but even he seemed surprised at how well they were doing.
I hope Wendy is ok. qq

Though the next titles chapter is kind of obvious, can't wait to see how it goes.
Old 2011-07-16, 02:22   Link #5673
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wendyyyyy!!!!
I wish I can summon Gajeel so we can have a Dragon Slayer trio combi against Hades (I miss it hahaha)
BUT, since Wendy is gone, maybe it's time for Gildartz to show up.... and Natsu will finish it as always
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 02:36   Link #5674
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I think we all know who is going to save the day... and if you honestly dont know and wish to know.. PM me.
With a title like "thunder crashes"? I wonder who it could be...
Tbh I'd be a little disappointed if Hades gets rolled by Laxus. In fact the only way I'd be happy with a Hades defeat is if it involves Gildatz, Laxus and Makarov, as well as the team currently fighting him; maybe Ultear, Gajeel and Juvia as well.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 03:01   Link #5675
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I don't think Laxus will roll him just like that, I expect he will have to team up with the surviving members to fight Hades (which would also serve to show he has matured a bit), but he should turn what is about to be a VERY lopsided fight into something that isn't impossible.
Old 2011-07-16, 04:04   Link #5676
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Don't you guys think that Wendy's magic is so convenient? I mean, she can buff atk, def and spd in one buff
My favourite page is when Hades shout "Katsu!"

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 04:12   Link #5677
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

where did wendy go?? i hope she comes back quick itd suck if they make a new arc just to find her...
Anyway looks like luxus will be making an appearance next chapter i cant wait
Old 2011-07-16, 05:01   Link #5678
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
where did wendy go??
I don't know but Wendy got out of her clothes = win.
Quote:
In fact the only way I'd be happy with a Hades defeat is if it involves Gildatz, Laxus and Makarov, as well as the team currently fighting him; maybe Ultear, Gajeel and Juvia as well.
No matter what happens next, I gotta say this fight has my attention, this chapter was quite spectacular...multi-magic barrage with a hidden dragon flaming bullet Natsu headbutt! I think the best way this would go down imo is in a riddle-like manner to find out about the source of magic and use it against Hades. If Mashima goes down this path, I bet Zeref would be the one to kill Hades, and hype up for the next arc.
Spoiler for Best line EVAR!:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 07:41   Link #5679
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Awesome fight is awesome fight!
That was a brilliant team battle, better than even when the SH's team battle.

Well next chapter title is a dead give away, I kinda get the feeling we might actually see all the FT members on the Island join the battle, that would be pretty epic and would certainly make Hades live up to hype.
Old 2011-07-16, 08:40   Link #5680
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Due to the nature of the series I can't shake the feeling that Wendy turned into air to avoid the attack due to something Grandeeney did or gave to her, think like Natsu's scarf. That said I'd really laugh if she turned into an orb like Grandeeney.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen