Old 2006-10-24, 16:37   Link #81
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Okay, I pretty much never ever do this, but... [

Spoiler for Episode 4's "best scene":
Way way way too cute. Mina rules.
Yayoi deserves the outburst! She is ultra cute which is almost as cute as Shoukou from Asatte no Houkou. In the end it balances out since Shoukou has the advantage of being a middle-school'er loli while Mina is still so cute despite of her being a joshi.

Btw, I'm having trouble spelling her name in according to the pronounciation. I noticed you spelled her name with a "y" in the middle while I spelled her name in the previous post as Yaoi and later realized that Yaoi usually represents the shounen-ai genre. Any official mention of how her name should be spelled in English?

Quote:
Spoiler for The rest of the plot of episode 4:
Spoiler:

Last edited by monir; 2006-10-25 at 14:44. Reason: spoiler tags
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 20:35   Link #82
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Btw, I'm having trouble spelling her name in according to the pronounciation. I noticed you spelled her name with a "y" in the middle while I spelled her name in the previous post as Yaoi and later realized that Yaoi usually represents the shounen-ai genre. Any official mention of how her name should be spelled in English?
Well, her family name really is (and is pronounced) "Yayoi" - see the furi on top of her name on the official anime character page. Would hearing "Yaoi" instead be a Freudian slip?

Spoiler:
P.S. Not that it's a killer spoiler, but you might want to add the [ /spoiler] to the first quote, just in case someone really wants to keep it a secret.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 21:14   Link #83
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

For a show with such "old" material ... I'm getting my entertainment value out of this one so far. The comedy is much more integrated. Mina very cute (Shinobu/Nodoka's ancestor I guess and I loved that little scene watching the rain ) ---

--- fear the lunch lady
Old 2006-10-24, 23:01   Link #84
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
Episodes 3 and 4 were really pleasing. The show takes a nice stand and I feel settled in and ready for the next 20 or so. Can't wait for subs to clear up the little details I may have missed also.

It may come off that Amamiya is the num1 girl for Riku, but I have to say that he works really really well with Mina. TsukasaXRiku is good, but the cuteness romance isn't there. Out of the 3, Mina is number 1 for now. She loves dolphins!! That's fabulous.

Comedy is on par as well, lots of laughs. good good *is happy*
ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 00:11   Link #85
Skane
Anime Snark

Well... from the 3 girls, based on their archetypes and my history of preferences; it is most likely that I will end up liking Mina the best.

Narf.
Old 2006-10-25, 14:42   Link #86
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, her family name really is (and is pronounced) "Yayoi" - see the furi on top of her name on the official anime character page. Would hearing "Yaoi" instead be a Freudian slip?

I swear I spelled it as I heard it, but realized later the other meaning associated with Yaoi and questioned my spelling since there is no way the animators would want to associate a character as cute as Mina with Yaoi. Mina may have a thing for Shounen-ai, but those are private matter to begin with that shouldn't taint her name and nor the listeners. Thanks for the confirmation.

Quote:
Spoiler:
P.S. Not that it's a killer spoiler, but you might want to add the [ /spoiler] to the first quote, just in case someone really wants to keep it a secret.
Woopsie! Absolutely right.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 17:16   Link #87
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Well... from the 3 girls, based on their archetypes and my history of preferences; it is most likely that I will end up liking Mina the best.

Narf.
Agreed her personality is just so fun to watch found my self drawn to her the min she stepped on screen. I hope her charcter doesnt get over shadowed by others
Old 2006-10-25, 17:44   Link #88
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It is just very mentally calming to watch Mina onscreen
Old 2006-10-26, 09:28   Link #89
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Seen episode 4....
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 12:08   Link #90
raideralan

Is it just me or is the screen size of episode 2 bigger then epsidoe 1? I think it was call aspect ratio.
raideralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 13:05   Link #91
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by raideralan View Post
Is it just me or is the screen size of episode 2 bigger then epsidoe 1? I think it was call aspect ratio.
It depends who's release you are getting. If it's C1, then yes, their second episode has got a bigger resolution.

Episode 1: 704x396 (16:9 AR) (1.77778)
Episode 2: 856x480 (~16:9 AR) (1.78333)

I'm not sure as to why the resolution changed, maybe their RAW provider changed his/her source of the video for a one with a higher resolution or it was upsized by C1. You'd have to ask them to get a final answer...
Old 2006-10-26, 13:14   Link #92
Cyz
"Show it to me"

You can always adjust the resolution settings on your screen and put it back to your liking once your done watching. Still, I think I prefer the episode 1 resolution though (since my screen isn't built for high resolution stuffs).
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 13:00   Link #93
Jerseykid

At the end of episode 3 when the second lunch scene was coming up I was sure something bad was going to happen but it never did.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 14:53   Link #94
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
lol ep 3 was quite nice...
riku getting hate mail made me laugh i was expecting his locker to get bombed lol
riku being pestered by tsukasa was to be expected...but shes soo talkative
the killer obentou was also expected...but it also killed off the chick >.< nooo!
with that said im glad to see her trying hard to learn how to make good lunches...especially when she doesnt even know riku that well...
oh and another cute shy silent moe charather i the form of mina ^__^
i like amamiya and all but imo she way overrated...

oki looking at the screen caps i think ill have to skip ahead and watch ep4 raw to catch up *hops off*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 18:38   Link #95
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
At the end of episode 3 when the second lunch scene was coming up I was sure something bad was going to happen but it never did.
Yeah, i got the feeling she'd drop the food or something - though i'm glad nothing like that happened, it turned out to be such an amazing/cute scene.

Anyway.. i want the pair of socks Tsukasa wears. <3
Old 2006-10-29, 21:50   Link #96
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Episode 3 was a good one after those crazy sport incidents at ep 3. Tsukasa was pretty cute I wonder where the relationship with Aoba will get.
Looking forward to ep 4, Im really enjoying this series

BTW, Amamiya reminds me A LOT of Trixie from The Fairly Oddparents (hilarious shit). Perfect popular girls FTW!.
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 22:15   Link #97
Jerseykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah, i got the feeling she'd drop the food or something - though i'm glad nothing like that happened, it turned out to be such an amazing/cute scene.

Anyway.. i want the pair of socks Tsukasa wears. <3
I thought for sure that she was going to walk in while Aoba was drinking tea with the nurse and storm out crying jealous or something. It's used so much in Anime.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 01:03   Link #98
myopius

This series is like a pleasant surprise. From the description it seems like it won't be much special, just another high school love comedy or what have you, but now that I'm three episodes in it's clear that it's more than that.

Well, in art, voice acting, characters, and in storyline, it's above average, but the most distinct part is just the overall feel of the series. It has all the elements of a quality school love comedy, such as the efforts of sincere characters to reach what they desire and the stereotypical hijinx/drama that often accompanies these characters' efforts, but also has an absurdist tinge which almost kind of critiques that. Kinda.

That is, the whole situation in the school, where everyone and everything is bizarre and overdone. That he's in the most eccentric high school in Japan puts a definite spin on all that happens. Most animes which are the high school love comedy type embody the theme of "ordinary" youth (of course, anime is never reality) but this show definitely can't claim that. Hmm... actually, on that note, I didn't really notice too much out of the ordinary in episode #3, so I just hope that later episodes are as bizarre like #1 and #2.

Of course, even if it didn't have that edge, Tokimeki is quality enough to watch as is, since like I said earlier on, it's above average quality in every area. Another excellent show this season which I can look forward to every week.
Old 2006-10-30, 01:13   Link #99
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agreed.... I dropped into it from the curiousity of this being such an "old property" but the anime itself is just kind of a happy little odd discovery (much like Lamune was though they're nothing alike). (goes back to hoping for more Mina).

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-10-30 at 01:26.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 01:41   Link #100
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
this series is turning out to be really enjoyable
ep4...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aic, aic a.s.t.a., comedy, drama, konami, romance, school life