AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2021-01-15, 13:23   Link #521
ArrowSmith

Itchy itchy itchy itchy!

I have to say the scene where Rika indicates to Kei to eat her brains was so unintentionally hilarious, I spit out my drink.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-15, 13:56   Link #522
The Green One

Sheesh now we're just getting into for shits and giggles Rika torture. Going through this would make anyone go unhinged. Just random horrible deaths for no reason, no warning at all.
Old 2021-01-15, 15:03   Link #523
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
I have to say the scene where Rika indicates to Kei to eat her brains was so unintentionally hilarious, I spit out my drink.
I also liked when she asked the mayor to wait until she was dead to finish his monologue.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 04:08   Link #524
Marina2

Passionate seems to be bad at animating 'horror' scene. There is something wrong about the way they draw L5 patients' face and their actions that make them looks funny rather than scary.
Old 2021-01-16, 06:15   Link #525
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Actually I would have personally re-arranged the 4 loops by making yet another Keiichi L5 loop the first, Kimiyoshi and Shinozaki Akane the middle two, then make Akasaka the last one.

Keiichi being the first would put Rika to start off feeling like she was in another hopeless loop, then the middle two presumably loops that are far less common than other L5 perpetrators. After those, finish off with the Akasaka loop. Considering that Akasaka is considered a pivotal presence like Keiichi is breaking through June 1983, and that Rika trusts him almost implicitly (indicating that there has never been an Akasaka L5 loop before), having him go L5 just before the final loop she was willing to take would be for storytelling purposes more compelling if cruel for Rika. That would totally create the atmosphere that all hope is lost, and this is time for her last resort.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 10:37   Link #526
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Akasaka should have went to the hot springs with his wife.. instead of staying with his favorite loli.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 21:12   Link #527
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Watching this episode made my neck itch, the only useful information we got out of it was another hint of Satoko being Lamda.

Not that we don't already know that Satoko likes laying traps and plans them in advance. This is the second filler episode with barely any useful information.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 12:24   Link #528
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Watching this episode made my neck itch, the only useful information we got out of it was another hint of Satoko being Lamda.
Which hint?
Old 2021-01-17, 13:24   Link #529
MCAL

Boy if Satoko really is the culprit, then she (and Ryukishi) sure do have a lot of explaining to do. That was pretty rough!

I wonder if she has an accomplice too. I highly doubt she can do everything all by herself, even if she is another looper. Irie maybe? They both have a connection to Satoshi. Maybe something happened to him? He's also the one loose end from the original VN that's never fully tied up.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-18, 00:18   Link #530
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Which hint?
Satoko liking to lay traps in advance, which is what Lamda did all over Umineko. Pretty much every time she has helped someone, it was actually some dumb/elaborate trap.
As I said, it's nothing new regarding Satoko. It's just the only thing worth mentioning in this episode that could count as a hint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Boy if Satoko really is the culprit, then she (and Ryukishi) sure do have a lot of explaining to do. That was pretty rough!

I wonder if she has an accomplice too. I highly doubt she can do everything all by herself, even if she is another looper. Irie maybe? They both have a connection to Satoshi. Maybe something happened to him? He's also the one loose end from the original VN that's never fully tied up.
She isn't the culprit, just the witch .
Her being the mastermind at her age would be ridiculous, to say the least.

What is possible though is that she is the second looper and is sabotaging Rika.

The actual Mastermind is probably Feathgerine, or whoever her piece is, as we can see her in the intro, though I think we also saw her in the original higurashi intro.

That being said, that could as well be Hanyu or her daughter.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-18, 11:20   Link #531
maximilianjenus
[E]

its basically a fight to see who is the red herring, satoko or takano, considering how takano has pretty much had two 34 related miracles i am leaning for her being 34.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 12:46   Link #532
EroKing
Version Zero

Episode 16

That was not ok... For the first time, I had a difficult time finishing watching an ep. This level of gore can mentally screw someone up bad. Wanted to drop it but it being the 16th episode already I still want to see how it ends.... FU*K! Who the hell approved that level of gore/violence to be shown?
Old 2021-01-21, 13:02   Link #533
Marina2

Ep.16

......................I knew this ep will be 'special' when I saw preview images. But not even the previous eps. or the infamous Redo of Healer ep.2 could prepare me for the brutality in this week episode of Higurashi. The amount of blood and gore in first half blew me aways. (Note: there is an uncensored version, make sure you watch it for 'best' experience)

At first I thought "SATOKO IS LOOPER CONFIRMED!!" but then the ep. revealed that Satoko is just in L5 and everything was ended before Rika could start the loop. Still, maybe Oyashiro-sama (Hanyu?) actually tried to speak to Rika through Satoko in this loop that she should not abandon the village.

And when Rika realized that she found herself in 'easy' mode Hinamizawa where she doesn't need to prevent any unfortunate event before the festival.So, Did she actually get cursed? Did Hanyu hate Rika so much to do this? or all of these are just another trick by mastermind? (another looper?)

Takano wants to speak with Rika?.....I wonder what is that about. Can't wait for the next ep.

Now, it's time to go heal my mind with Yuru Camp.

Last edited by Marina2; 2021-01-21 at 13:13.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 13:15   Link #534
Witchilich

This is one of those episodes that I would never watch uncensored. There is a thing called too much gore.
Old 2021-01-21, 17:36   Link #535
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I don't understand...

Yeah this is possibly the goriest Higurashi episode ever made, and that's saying a lot considering the gore level of the series was already high to begin with.

But there's something that bothers me even more than that. I just can't stomach the idea that Rika accepts that she did something wrong by wanting to leave Hinamizawa. There is absolutely nothing wrong in wanting to move on and change place, even if absolutely nothing happened in your home village, but in Rika's case she literally went through hell.

Anyway by logic nothing of what Satoko said made sense. You could explain that as the ravings of someone affected by L5, and yet what she said suggests knowledge of what Rika went through and knowledge that she ultimately left Hinamizawa. Was that just a coincidence?

However if Satoko truly is a looper and someone posing as Oyashiro lent her that power, it doesn't make sense for her to do all those horrible things just because Rika wanted to leave Hinamizawa. I mean she can't really be affected by L5 while in the sea of fragments.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 17:41   Link #536
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 16:

this feels like some brutal hentai that I never desired to watch, close to dropping now.

More torture for poor Rika.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 18:35   Link #537
MCAL

I feel like people are taking everything said here at face value a little too easily. I doubt, while eight episodes still remain, that the moral of the story here is that Rika shouldn't have dreamed for something better. That is simply what the culprit wants her to think to get here to stay in Hinaimizawa forever (For what ever reason). Lest we forget that this arc's name is Cat Deception and it seems pretty clear to me now that the cat in question is Rika herself (Remember the Cat Box everyone).
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 19:04   Link #538
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

How come the episodes aren't censored anymore since last week? I'm not complaining, but I'm curious. In fact, I wish all simulcasts were uncensored.

I don't mind the gore, but I thought it was ridiculous Rika remained alive in such a state for this long. Suddenly, Keiichi surviving Rena's stabs doesn't seem that far-fetched. Satoko totally feels like a red herring. Even if she is the looper, she is definitely not the mastermind. Where would she get the idea that she has to ritualistically kill Rika and that she can become the new priestess if Rika dies? This and her being L5 is extremely similar to what happened to the characters last week. She probably acted differently from the rest (as in, displaying empathy) because she's had the syndrome for a long time and it might act differently on her.

Anyway, the rug is totally going to get pulled under Rika next week. This is just a trick to give her hope again in order to plunge her into even deeper despair.
Old 2021-01-21, 19:09   Link #539
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv175
*Graphic Designer

Actually, it is possible and was used as a method of torture in certain regions before, which inspired Ryukishi for the Watanagashi ritual. Rika surviving this long was actually lampshaded by Takano herself in OG.

Note that the TV broadcast was heavily censored, so I assume simulcasts companies got the uncensored versions for the more recent episodes compared to the early ones.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2021-01-21 at 19:23.
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 19:39   Link #540
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Evisceration didn't involve completely splitting the body in half. That would inevitably entail severing major arteries and, while I'm no medic, I think that would lead to severe hemorrhage and loss of consciousness very quickly, especially if someone is holding in you in an upright position.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote