AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-01-19, 02:24   Link #61
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
The pace is pretty fast but i do not complain here, is a good thing if they speed-up things, i'm a manga reader (but i read some spoilers of the light novel chapters), and i think she spend too much time into the cave fighting such huge bosses, mother included, i would like to see her
Spoiler:
i agree with you, as a lesser spider i dont think she is very big right now but i wonder just how big the final evolution form can be.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 02:34   Link #62
Thor's Hammer
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I wonder if the spider will eventually start killing humans. They're trying to kill her after all, so it's only fair that when she gets stronger she'll fight back.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 03:17   Link #63
wissenschaft
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i agree with you, as a lesser spider i dont think she is very big right now but i wonder just how big the final evolution form can be.
Actually, right now Kumoko is the size of a large dog. Its hard to tell because of the lack of anything to compare her size to. However, note that the human footprint she finds is rather small compared to her body. Thats because Kumoko is actually pretty darn big herself.
__________________
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 03:46   Link #64
Liddo-kun
is this so?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gradius Home World
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
*thinks ahead to upcoming events...*

That's like, all of it? (well, except some things on the human side...)


Incidentally, here's preview of ep 3 and names of eps 4-5:
Spoiler for just in case...:
thanks, mostly looking forward to episode 4. lol

however, I would keep silent for now. don't want to spoil people.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 04:12   Link #65
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Actually, right now Kumoko is the size of a large dog. Its hard to tell because of the lack of anything to compare her size to. However, note that the human footprint she finds is rather small compared to her body. Thats because Kumoko is actually pretty darn big herself.
Thanks I guess I missed that detail over the montage and boss fight. A large dog is still pretty big . Maybe she will grow to several times the average human height .If faced with a large dog sized spider, I'd run like hell.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 05:13   Link #66
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i agree with you, as a lesser spider i dont think she is very big right now but i wonder just how big the final evolution form can be.
Also there is the egg. It is somewhere between a 1/3 and 1/2 the size of an adult.

well we saw her parent if we take her to be the size of a large dog It would be building size at least
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 06:43   Link #67
kari-no-sugata II
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i agree with you, as a lesser spider i dont think she is very big right now but i wonder just how big the final evolution form can be.
Her species name was "Small Lesser Taratect" and she chose the "Small Taratect" evolution option. She didn't want her size to change. By removing "lesser" from her species name you could say she chose "quality over quantity".

If she had chosen the "Lesser Taratect" option then her size would have changed.

As for potential long term size, you saw her parent in episode 1. That could be considered a hint.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 09:34   Link #68
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Killing germs in your body
Age: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Actually, right now Kumoko is the size of a large dog. Its hard to tell because of the lack of anything to compare her size to. However, note that the human footprint she finds is rather small compared to her body. Thats because Kumoko is actually pretty darn big herself.
Well we can compare her to the snake. If she is the size of a large dog, the snake must have been enormous.

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_snakes there are eleven living snakes that attain a body mass of some 23 kilos or fifty pounds. A "large dog" easily exceeds that mass, so the snake in Kumuko's world must be larger than any known on earth.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 09:44   Link #69
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Maybe the humans in that world are tiny!
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 13:53   Link #70
wissenschaft
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Well we can compare her to the snake. If she is the size of a large dog, the snake must have been enormous.

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_snakes there are eleven living snakes that attain a body mass of some 23 kilos or fifty pounds. A "large dog" easily exceeds that mass, so the snake in Kumuko's world must be larger than any known on earth.
Yes, thats because these are not Earth animals but monsters. The frog she fights is also bigger than her. So giant frogs, giant insects, giant everything. Are you sensing a trend yet in this mysterious Labyrinth she finds herself in? Not exactly the friendliest place on the planet.

Theres a reason the humans burn her Web house down. Thats wasn't some tiny spider web. That was a giangatic web house that could fit something the size of a large dog like Kumoko inside it. So imagine if you saw a spider the size of a large dog with a webbing large enough to trap a human. This is why those humans had fire with them.

Sidenote: Remember how fast Kumoko is in her fights? How she bounces around so fast and frequently. Remember, this is a large dog sized spider doing all this rapid movement. Kumoko laments how weak she is but she doesn't really understand how horrifying she already is to us normal humans. lol
__________________
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 20:56   Link #71
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Yes, thats because these are not Earth animals but monsters. The frog she fights is also bigger than her. So giant frogs, giant insects, giant everything. Are you sensing a trend yet in this mysterious Labyrinth she finds herself in? Not exactly the friendliest place on the planet.

Theres a reason the humans burn her Web house down. Thats wasn't some tiny spider web. That was a giangatic web house that could fit something the size of a large dog like Kumoko inside it. So imagine if you saw a spider the size of a large dog with a webbing large enough to trap a human. This is why those humans had fire with them.

Sidenote: Remember how fast Kumoko is in her fights? How she bounces around so fast and frequently. Remember, this is a large dog sized spider doing all this rapid movement. Kumoko laments how weak she is but she doesn't really understand how horrifying she already is to us normal humans. lol
Depending on ow Canonical her eyes are, she is actually rather cute for a spider. Assuming the Arachne pictures I saw are actually true though, that form does indeed look terrifying, especially compared to the versions we are used to.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 21:13   Link #72
kari-no-sugata II
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Depending on ow Canonical her eyes are, she is actually rather cute for a spider.
You could say that she's made to look nicer than she really is. The official LN illustrations have both her cartoon-like form and her much darker (and more complex) "real" form.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 21:59   Link #73
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
You could say that she's made to look nicer than she really is. The official LN illustrations have both her cartoon-like form and her much darker (and more complex) "real" form.
Looking at how she looks as arachne, I can imagine what her spider-self looks like.

That being said... It would have been really ironic if Kuro had managed to eat the Egg
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-22, 09:51   Link #74
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Another enjoyable episode thanks to Kumoko, but the CG animals are even more egregious now. Oh well.

Meanwhile, we get a not-too-bad fight for the human characters and a sad(?) conclusion for Fei at the end. And that bully sword-guy continues being a dick. At least he got slapped in the face by a dragon. That's a good thing. A very good thing. Gimme more of that .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-22, 11:56   Link #75
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Killing germs in your body
Age: 71
I find the human characters pretty boring. I wish they'd stick with spider-girl.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-22, 12:35   Link #76
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
I personally like the Spiderman nod and the Toho kaijuu-movies tribute this episode .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-22, 13:27   Link #77
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Meanwhile, we get a not-too-bad fight for the human characters and a sad(?) conclusion for Fei at the end. And that bully sword-guy continues being a dick. At least he got slapped in the face by a dragon. That's a good thing. A very good thing. Gimme more of that .
I'd have preferred it if that slap had been lethal, though...
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-22, 14:09   Link #78
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'd have preferred it if that slap had been lethal, though...
Aren't we all?
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-22, 14:26   Link #79
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm more interested in the fact that people aren't reacting to a talking Spider. Unless she's not actually speaking an understandable language, but that doesn't seem an issue for Fei. Unless of course only reincarnated people can understand their speech. Not that a talking Spider wouldn't be scary anyways, but I figure those people would react to that first.

Personally don't mind spreading out the focus a bit to the other characters. Of course Kumoko herself is the star here. But if they are going to be a big part of wherever her story goes down the road then you need to set them up.

The interesting thing is going to be the dynamic between Fei and Kumoko. Both of them at this point have that kin-eater 'skill' and both honestly have the will to throw themselves into a messy situation in order to survive or keep others alive in Fei's case. And both have a weird habit of posing after defeating their enemies . I'd wonder if Fei is going to also mirror Kumoko's progression and evolve, but she doesn't seem in danger constantly enough to hit that point anytime soon.

The dragon battle was sad in some ways. Did someone just let loose a dragon in the vicinity? Or was this the case of that parent actually coming out there to find their child? The giant spider mother didn't have nearly that kind of considering for her children. But dragons might be different in that sense. Be kind of tragic in that situation considering the one delivering a major blow there...

Guess we also need to keep some focus on the humans in expectation for that one jerk to start a war out of jealousy. Will probably prove to be too bad that the dragon only temporarily KO'd that idiot instead of killing him outright. A guy utterly drunk on his power also suffering from serious jealousy. Of course people are going to praise the one that both contributed to beating the dragon and didn't nearly kill his classmates...

My condolences to Kumoko who is in a rough situation here. Although did love her Spider-Man reference .
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-22, 16:55   Link #80
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Kumoko's side is as fun as always (nice Spider-man reference), so I can only hope that the human side starts to pick up a bit. Some things do seem to be happening with the student's parents becoming monsters, though I hope the bully doesn't become too insufferable.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.