AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2021-09-09, 20:40   Link #181
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, I did like the chapter, it explains a little more about Hanyuu's circumstances, the complete sword was shown, and although I would have liked them to better explain how Satoko injected her victims, it is still fine, good Now to see Hanyuu's meeting with Eua and the confrontation between Rika and Satoko is coming up, to wait for the next chapter.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-09, 23:30   Link #182
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

At this point, the percentage amount of recap, flashback & reused footage in this Higurashi season might already surpassed the notorious Gundam Seed Destiny .
Old 2021-09-10, 00:12   Link #183
Zolton

Next episode is Rika getting gutted but from Satoko's POV, right?
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-10, 05:56   Link #184
MCAL

So the manga version of gou just finished Nekodamashi and there are some huge differences between it and the anime version.

For one Rika DOESN'T retain any of her memory of her deaths throughout so now it seems to make perfect sense why Satoko would pull a gun on her. The other is that Rika doesn't know about the looper killing sword (And in fact it hasn't even been mentioned at all yet). Might that explain the potential plot hole that seems to occur where the sword is missing in Watadamashi despite Satoko only taking it at the beginning of Nekodamashi?

Anyway I had a felling last week that the anime team wasn't adapting Ryukishi's script properly and this only seems to strengthen that suspicion.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-10, 06:03   Link #185
Marina2

^
In manga, Rika also accidentally discovered Satoko = Looper instead of setting up a trap to expose Satoko.
Old 2021-09-10, 15:44   Link #186
Gerard07

Now that I review the chapters (Higurashi 2020 chapter 7), it is true that the sword does NOT appear when Shion touches the statue and the inside is shown ..., maybe it is because the sword can only be seen and used by those who live in loops and normal people can't see them or something like that, well there are still more chapters to come out, to wait for more chapters.
Question, where do you see the updated Higurashi manga?
Old 2021-09-10, 15:56   Link #187
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Now that I review the chapters (Higurashi 2020 chapter 7), it is true that the sword does NOT appear when Shion touches the statue and the inside is shown ..., maybe it is because the sword can only be seen and used by those who live in loops and normal people can't see them or something like that, well there are still more chapters to come out, to wait for more chapters.
Question, where do you see the updated Higurashi manga?
https://web-ace.jp/youngaceup/contents/1000147/

It gets updated here.
Old 2021-09-10, 18:22   Link #188
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Is Ryuukishi personally writing the manga?
Old 2021-09-10, 18:29   Link #189
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Is Ryuukishi personally writing the manga?
My understanding is that Ryukishi basically wrote a rough script and both the anime team and mangaka have been adapting from that.
Old 2021-09-10, 18:32   Link #190
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
My understanding is that Ryukishi basically wrote a rough script and both the anime team and mangaka have been adapting from that.
The script would have to be extremely rough for such massive differences to occur. The anime is the main product, so I think you can safely disregard anything from the manga.
Old 2021-09-10, 20:32   Link #191
MCAL

Quote:
The script would have to be extremely rough for such massive differences to occur. The anime is the main product, so I think you can safely disregard anything from the manga.
Well if the manga continues to do things (mostly) better than the anime, its going to be harder to ignore for me personally.

On a more serious note, I was looking at reactions to the manga and I was seeing some speculation that the reason the manga seems to have such massive differences is that the events of the manga are a a prequel to the anime. Although that honestly sounds kind of stupid to me, idk.

Last edited by MCAL; 2021-09-17 at 21:28.
Old 2021-09-16, 11:58   Link #192
Zolton

There's nothing left to recap, right? Next episode we'll finally get our miracle vs. certainty showdown, right?
Old 2021-09-16, 12:05   Link #193
Marina2

Sotsu ep.13 is basically "Hanyuu's reaction to Nekodamashi-hen" the video

And....it ended at gun scene.

Hopefully, next week will be completely new content.........unless they decide to do Satokowashi-hen recap from Rika POV (which I don't mind to see what Rika actually did in St.Lucia.)

BTW, Eua said about Vier again. Reference on Ciconia lore is too deep for me.

Quote:
That's wrong way to look at at. Since they are based on the same story, even if the details are different, it will lead to the same conclusion. Therefore, we can take everything in manga as a hint as well.

Last edited by Marina2; 2021-09-16 at 12:22.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-16, 12:20   Link #194
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Sigh.....13 episodes just so that we can go back to the same goddamn cliffhanger of the previous season......

There's slowburn anime and there's this. Most of this season has been such a slog to watch to the point where I think the pacing of this particular season is just as bad as DBZ anime where 5 minutes in-universe was stretched into 9/10 episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolton View Post
There's nothing left to recap, right? Next episode we'll finally get our miracle vs. certainty showdown, right?
Don't jinx it, man!
Old 2021-09-16, 18:08   Link #195
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

There was only one good thing about this episode: BIG HANYUU BOOBIES!

The recap in itself is pretty bad, but the way Rika found out Satoko was the culprit was atrocious. She solved the mystery by... remembering Satoko gloating to her face in the Tataridamashi fragment. But I guess this is actually in-character for her. It would have been weird for her to suddenly become competent and pick up on subtle clues when she never even thought of doing something as obvious as having Hanyuu follow Takano and Tomitake in the original loops.

And this time I laughed even harder at Satoko getting PTSD as soon as she saw the box.

Given what this season's been like, my guess is that next episode will be Satoko doing an info dump for Rika's sake. The entire episode. Rika stopping her in the middle of it because it's too long would make my day.
Old 2021-09-16, 20:46   Link #196
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

So it's a dumb deus ex machina then? Then how did Rika remember the circumstances post her death. Unless she wasn't really dead then. Yea, I have no idea how this series makes sense anymore.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-16, 20:53   Link #197
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, Eua is much stronger than Hanyuu, and finally they reached the part where Rika discovers Satoko, although it may seem forced, I suppose it is precisely a "miracle", well wait for the next chapter, there we will know if will there be another season or everything ends this season.
Old 2021-09-17, 01:45   Link #198
Zolton

So if Hanyuu is a part of Eua and a "failure", I think I can guess why. Hanyuu was originally sent to Hinamizawa to do the same thing as Eua is doing now: give someone looping powers, cause tragedies and create a witch. Instead Hanyuu got attached to Hinamizawa and Rika and decided to help her live a happy life. Though tragedies still happened without Hanyuu's help... and they were apparently caused by Satoko/Lambdadelta. Makes sense I guess, considering what she has become in Sotsugou.
Old 2021-09-17, 07:10   Link #199
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

That doesn't matches with the previously established canon. Hanyuu was originally a real person and the ancestor of Rika. She's not some unrelated being that was sent specifically to turn Rika into a witch. She had been spectating the events of Hinamizawa for centuries. She wasn't even sure Rika would be born at all. If a male was born instead she wouldn't have been able to communicate with him.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-17, 07:41   Link #200
Zolton

Yeah but Satoko originally was just a human, too.