AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-05-06, 13:58   Link #56781
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Unfortunately, its a lot harder to model getting dirt and grit on anime girl faces. The extra effort risks reducing BD sales.

Thankfully for IS, there be forcefields.
Old 2015-05-06, 17:52   Link #56782
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Plausible. It was never explained how the heavy acceleration works but we can probably safely surmise it's not temporal in nature but rather more physical physics and go knows IS screws with that a lot.
I'd imagine that the IS core employs a healthy dose of tabane particles. what do they do? only she knows.

In IS, there are four steps to create anything relating to IS:

1) create incredibly complex machine that none of the characters know quite how it works so they can't prove its inplausibility.

2)Apply stupidly strong source of power and tabane particles

3) ???

4) profit
Old 2015-05-07, 01:43   Link #56783
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Well, if you want fan theories to pad that logic (I know I did.):

1. Sapherium is a special non-Newtonian substance used in both in building IS spaceframes. This substance has a variable state, able to shift between all 4 states of matter without energy input. These are generated by feeding a IS core under high pressure silicone dioxide crystals that have trapped Stratovsky-2 low energy particles. Because of the way the spaceframe is simply "hanging off" the IS core, it is theorized that sapherium is actually waste products of IS core metabolism, much like coral. By giving matter and energy inputs in a certain order with certain pressures, a IS core "prints" a spaceframe around itself which can then be separated and the core free to "print" another one.

2. IS cores are theorized to be living organisms, given the way it behaves when subjected to certain conditions. Very high pressures in the presence of compressed hydrogen-4 have been known to cause IS cores to start re-arranging their internal structures. Seen under Xray, the emissions peak and shadows that resemble spindle structures from cellular division start forming, although they usually last no more than a tenth of a second and break down.

3. Stratovsky-1 particles are theorized to exist based on the way matter interact with the particulate exhaust of a spaceframe. These are high energy versions of stratovsky-2 low energy particles. It cannot be explained why S2 particles disappear when metabolised by an IS core; These very particles cause a calculation of E=mc2 to be unbalanced; a very large amount of energy disappears from the universe. Not only that; the equation spits out variable E results as the IS core changes its output according to pilot wishes, essentially proving one of the greatest fundamental laws of our universe wrong. What we do know that an IS core can simply churn out any amount of Energy and S2 particles it wants with the same amount of matter fed into it, and an IS' output is dependent on a whole host of unknown factors that only in recent years have we learned that pilot psyche and spaceframe construction have any impact on improving consistency in energy output.

3. The metabolism of IS cores still defy explanation. The best is still a theory, and it hinges on "willpower". Will-to-power concepts have been discussed through the ages, the power of turning thoughts into reality, and one of them theorize that a higher mental state is an unmeasurable dimension unto itself. It is known that IS cores have "preferences" for their pilots, and very often there would be striking resemblances between the pilots personalities, psychometric analysis, and brain structures. Interestingly enough, living human brains, especially people who identitfy themselves as devoted to a cause are known to have a minutely increased concentration of S2 particles. Known ISPers have been found to have a comparatively whopping amount regardless of their convictions. IS cores become dormant when separated for extended periods of time from a pilot and instantly restart when plugged in without "warming up", thus causing extensive mental shock to the pilot. Given that S2 particles disappear when metabolised and reappear as spaceframe exhaust decay, and that E=mc2 is completely out of whack when calculating this, it is theorized that these particles cross the boundary between reality and the mental states and that this is where the craft derives its energy source, meaning that the IS core has a symbiotic relationship with its pilot.

4. Unfortunately, proving that IS cores have a gut, and eat and breath like the rest of us has no profit. Currently, commercial applications have been to just refining the spaceframe to be more efficient and selecting then training pilots that would facilitate that. Given the amount of theoretical voodoo surrounding IS, some of the opponents of the increasingly widespread exposure of young girls to a living finicky organism and the amount of attachment that comes from that bond liken this to long-dead sacrificial ceremonies where young maidens were offered to the "Gods" of old. 20 years and one generation later, we're still not certain if being an IS pilot causes irreversible changes.

5. Any attempts are replicating an IS core just meets with coy displays of action then deafening silence, as if the core is outright defying or toying with our efforts to study them. On the other hand, it is known that sapherium deposits with over 60% S2 saturation cannot be directly handled by humans for they explode into a mass that literally takes a "bite" out of space around it then rapidly fizzles. Illegal laboratories throughout the world are starting to work on enriching sapherium under high pressure, and so far, at best, the lab is simply vaporized. There are increasing cases where the mass achieves some stability and grows rapidly, chewing through everything around it. The Schwarzhase have been deployed around the world to destroy these, thereby justifying both their existence and the danger that IS construction pose to the world.

6. We also cannot explain why normal Tabane IS cores have no such issues, even accounting for geomagnetic isolation techniques. Given the conditions of everything to do with IS construction, one might wonder if it is because Earth conditions are just not suitable. Do they perhaps grow naturally in incredibly hostile environments like a gas giant Jupiter, or even the fusion core of a star? And then, where are they getting their source of mental energies in these environments? Or perhaps the IS have been influencing our evolution all along, by existing undetected in the environment, and as humans become higher in intellect, these organisms in turn gain a richer source of food?

Given our inability to detect IS cores directly beyond actually seeing and touching one, it will be a while before we can know for sure.
Old 2015-05-09, 02:49   Link #56784
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... How many IS was designed with White Knight in mind? Kurazakura and Byakushiki are diret descendant, but I mean, wouldn't it be most effective if someone simply copy White Knight schematic while making some features more user- friendly.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 08:05   Link #56785
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Hmm... How many IS was designed with White Knight in mind? Kurazakura and Byakushiki are diret descendant, but I mean, wouldn't it be most effective if someone simply copy White Knight schematic while making some features more user- friendly.
I can totally see that as a Joke though....

Somebody copy the exact design without upgrading it resulting in curb-stomp by Third-gen ISes because the Copier is not really that skill of a Pilot.
Old 2015-05-09, 11:24   Link #56786
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Pretty much every single IS ever built had a design feature or emulation or even an attempt to close, clone or surpass the White Knight. Except maybe the Chinese IS which were clones of something else entirely, but it had balls for shoulders and no wings.

Whether they actually succeed is another entirely different matter.
Old 2015-05-09, 18:05   Link #56787
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You can also see that everyone is using rockets to fly around, while ShenLong use jet engine. The only non-rocket user we can see in the series is Akatsubaki, who use ramjet instead.*

*this is purely fanon conjecture based on the engine shape and exhaust appearance
Old 2015-05-10, 00:27   Link #56788
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Besides, how do you clone something you can't measure and the original maker had no idea how she did it in the first place?
Old 2015-05-10, 01:45   Link #56789
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Battle data. Massive amounts of battle data. That was the second objective of the White Knight wars.
Old 2015-05-10, 07:18   Link #56790
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Besides, how do you clone something you can't measure and the original maker had no idea how she did it in the first place?
Kurazakura. It was mentioned as "White Knight" direct descendant. There are two possibilities: Tabane herself made it, or Kuromachi. In either cases, the government has the right to inspect their entry into Mondo Grosso.

... That name reminded me of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miharu_Takizakura
Old 2015-05-10, 18:10   Link #56791
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As far as public knowledge concerned, WK was dismantled and stored somewhere. (source: volume 3)

In Ichika Quest, WK being tiny I.S. is a plot point. Tabane never actually reveal the secret of WK and that's why everyone and their grandma has to resort to reverse engineering, which result in XBOXHUEG I.S. as we see in canon.
Old 2015-05-10, 23:54   Link #56792
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Hmm... Something tells me only the 001 core knows how to make itself. I wonder if I was right to call her Eve. After all, that core gave life to a whole new species of UMA.

Plot twist: Tabane was just a tool for 001 to break free of her isolation, and turn the world into the ideal environment for her own survival.
Old 2015-05-13, 08:00   Link #56793
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Did anyone ever decide to write that casanova Ichika? I suddenly thought up a title that would fit perfectly for that kind of fic but I don't think it's sustainable. Especially it deals with actively dating instead of waiting for panties to drop, which is something I neither have experience in nor something that follows anime protocol.
Old 2015-05-13, 09:22   Link #56794
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The implication is his age

A fully grown cassanova is dealing with adult woman who theoretically knows what she's doing.

A high school cassanova is an asshole who play with maiden's heart

The blue clone (aka clone 02) supposedly portrayed as that, and it come with terrible consequences.
Old 2015-05-13, 09:43   Link #56795
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Okay so maybe not a complete casanova ready to whip it out on a moment's notice but he's willing to act on hints of interest and actually, like I said, date around. Though I think the girls would not appreciate that at all XD
Old 2015-05-14, 06:19   Link #56796
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
A high school cassanova is an asshole who play with maiden's heart
- You mean: Ito Makoto.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 07:17   Link #56797
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Casanova or Don Juan?
Old 2015-05-14, 08:07   Link #56798
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- You mean: Ito Makoto.
There's a difference?
Old 2015-05-14, 08:11   Link #56799
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Casanova or Don Juan?
They just said Casanova.

And which Don Juan? The only Don Juan I knew is the guy who kicked Turkish asses at Lepanto.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 08:16   Link #56800
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
There's a difference?
You wrote it with Urataros in mind, right?

Quote:
* PTR-3 кабан (Wild Boar): While the KMD-2 Uchigane was the first successful mass-production 2nd-Generation, it was not the best-seller. The crown belong to the PTR-3 кабан, or “”Cheburashka” as NATO designation. For more than 6 years of service in the Russian Army, it has proven itself as an adequate and reliable platform, not only for current service but also in developing future units.

- Technical Overview: It included the major advantages of 2nd Generation: Simplicity and Modularity. However, unlike Uchigane the forerunner, it has a much more loose tolerant, lacking intricate, dainty parts, and more adaptive to extremely harsh conditions. Even in the case of damaging, components (much fewer than other IS) could be produced and replaced quickly. The frame is also a major step-up, aerodynamically-superior to all IS before its appearance - and might even comparable to latter Ulysses (but losing by quite a margin to Rafale-Revive.)

But it has its flaw: Big, uneconomically fuel consumption, and everything unrelated to direct combat is less-than average. In short, it requires smart piloting.

- History: The Cheburashka fame is forever linked to two people and their friendship: Sergeant Zoya Kirill Mametova and Major-Pilot Ekaterina Mikhailovna Dashkova. The first was an engineer at Amur Shipbuilding Factory that shared a life-long companionship with the then-Junior Lieutenant Ekaterina, who was the Russian Representative in the 1st Mondo Grosso. While only made it to the Quarter-final, she showed great piloting skill and soon became a prominent figure in the IS world and Russia alike.

The pair shared a vision about using the IS as backbone of the military However, their view, like many of that era, met with scorn of the generals. So they hatched a plan to "make something that will change the world." - The blueprint was conceived in a computer 10 years old.

About that time, the new of the Uchigane came as a shock to the world. Once again, Japan had led the race of IS development with their adaptive model, capable of equipping a wide array of weapon. So, the pair went with a pragmatic approach: They studied the Uchigane - or mostly made assumptions about it. However, they did had the most important point right: Simplicity. Previous IS were bulky, intricate designs but overdone what is needed. Not many had fully grasped the doctrine of IS warfare, or the concept itself.

Zoya was not a genius. She simply hold an innovative idea of "The less is better". Taking the Uchigane (the pair luckily had access to an unit bought by Russian government), stripped it, rethought and redesigned the parts while synthesizing them with latter developments. The result is a walking piece of technologies.
The initial test went smoothly (an abandoned mine was blown up above it, and the unit escaped within 1 second without a dent on the shield), and the project became official. Working together with Sarashiki Heavy Industry, which also manufactured weapon for the Uchigane, the duo got hands onto invaluable data. The second test unit, -2, was avionic-superior and could handled Equalizers better. It'd be the basis for the mass-production units.

Cheburashka truly became famous because Ekaterina's unexpected advancement in the 2nd Mondo Grosso. Although first saw as an underdog, she only kneeled before Orimura Chifuyu and Kurazakura in the semi-final. The pair kept coming back even when all hope was lost. That 2-hours battle had given both the nickname: магма (Magma)
6 years since its introduction, the unit has became the official IS of Russia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Nigeria, Venezuela, Cuba,... half of the world, in short.

- Armaments:
+ AK-1035: A Russian-made assault rifle of the Japanese Type 56 (but by the same company that produces the former.) It’s a modular rifle with internal system derived from the AEK-973S, but replacing the hammer with a striker. Fires the 8.0x72 mm armor-piercing round in semi-auto, 4-round burst and full-auto. Quite accurate for its class, but the size and weight make it quickly became unpopular with pilots.
+ GP-205: Mounted under the or used individually with stock (in this case, it’s designated as GP-205S), it launches the 50mm caseless grenade. Ammunitions include fragmented, smoke, high explosive, flare, thermobaric and infra-red.
+ Multi-purpose, knife. Hand-carried or mounted on the AK-1035 rifle.
Thought?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest