AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-07-03, 18:02   Link #2201
Queen of Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
I would like to see Prologue II and Interlude I of Alicization Beginning animated as part of last episode. Only to see half of fans having heart attack after such cliffhanger
Seconded. Then the animation studio would be forced to adapt the entire Alicization arc and IMO Alicization is currently the best arc.
Queen of Corners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 20:16   Link #2202
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
It makes no sense to get into Alicization if they are only going to start and not finish it.
It has to do with teasing the fans (mostly Anime-only fans) with Kirito "dying" again. It's a some-what popular idea that people have been talking about, since Season 2 was announced.

Quote:
I would like to see Prologue II and Interlude I of Alicization Beginning animated as part of last episode. Only to see half of fans having heart attack after such cliffhanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Corners View Post
Seconded. Then the animation studio would be forced to adapt the entire Alicization arc and IMO Alicization is currently the best arc.
These guys get it.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 21:57   Link #2203
l.kostas

Episode 1 preview screenshots from Dengeki Online:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/878/878821/
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 13:52   Link #2204
hamazura
whatever

super OP spoiler showing us death gun = sinon frienzone friend

Quote:
yes until
Spoiler for alicization:

ggo is good but i dont really like it. maybe this will end in 13 episode? iirc ggo only consist of action with very less dialogue.
maybe ALO2 (which is sucks for me) will get animated after ggo in the remaining episode.
Old 2014-07-05, 14:58   Link #2205
Queen of Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post

yes until
Spoiler for alicization:

ggo is good but i dont really like it. maybe this will end in 13 episode? iirc ggo only consist of action with very less dialogue.
maybe ALO2 (which is sucks for me) will get animated after ggo in the remaining episode.
Take comfort in the fact that it still hasn't happened in the LNs. But I know how you feel. Somewhere along the line, I realized that Alicization is my favorite arc solely because of Eugeo.

I liked Phantom Bullet, too and I hope they'll do a good adaptation, even if it takes 15 episodes or more. Rushing it would really be too bad.
Old 2014-07-05, 15:19   Link #2206
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Take comfort in the fact that it still hasn't happened in the LNs. But I know how you feel. Somewhere along the line, I realized that Alicization is my favorite arc solely because of Eugeo.

I liked Phantom Bullet, too and I hope they'll do a good adaptation, even if it takes 15 episodes or more. Rushing it would really be too bad.
Spoiler for is this oot? because light novel thread is daed:
Old 2014-07-05, 15:56   Link #2207
Queen of Corners

Quote:
Spoiler for is this oot? because light novel thread is daed:
I'll spare you a rant I have prepared for what I found lacking in Alicization arc (but yeah, Eugeo and worldbuilding make up for a lot of it) and go back to the topic at hand.

I was just glancing through Vol 5 again and Kirito's reaction to 'Death Gun' seems a bit extreme. Hopefully it won't be too dramatic in the anime. That kind of a scene can easily be messed up in animation.
Old 2014-07-06, 03:58   Link #2208
zero7090

How long do you think GGO arc would last? with not much material i would guess that sketching it to 8-9 ep would be ok. But then what what left for the last 13 ep? (this should is 2 cour right?) even niffhem and mother rosary wouldnt last that long. May be they can do the last ep Alicization beginning then troll us with cliff hanger.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 09:37   Link #2209
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Spoiler for SAO II for people who accidentally stumble into this thread and see this comment:

I actually liked GGO more than the first two arcs. The relationship is way less creepy IMO... or to be more accurate not creepy. I am guessing we'll see a second arc since the OP had
Spoiler:
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 09:53   Link #2210
c933103
FTNR

Actually the anime even masked death gun's seiyuu...
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 10:49   Link #2211
Queen of Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
How long do you think GGO arc would last? with not much material i would guess that sketching it to 8-9 ep would be ok. But then what what left for the last 13 ep? (this should is 2 cour right?) even niffhem and mother rosary wouldnt last that long. May be they can do the last ep Alicization beginning then troll us with cliff hanger.
Well, if they're going to adapt everything from the novel... well, I'll put it under spoiler tags in case somebody accidentally stumbles here and hasn't read the LNs, it's still just my assessment, though.

Spoiler for Just about everything that happens in GGO in snips:

The rest I suppose would go to either Caliber SS and Mother's Rosario. And maybe one episode for Alicization, just to drive the fans nuts.

Edit: episodes 4 and 5 could possibly be merged into one, though.
Old 2014-07-06, 10:53   Link #2212
lolzorz

I have to say, even as SAO does a good enough job of showing off how overpowered Kirito is... I just can't wait for GGO to reach the point where he destroys all the gun wielders with a frickin lightsaber. Now that's OP as hell.

Also, how much content is this season covering? Just the entire Phantom Bullet arc? Or slotting in Mother's Rosario as well? Also Alicization arc pls
lolzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 11:02   Link #2213
Queen of Corners

No way it will cover Alicization. It has 5 published volumes for that arc alone, with sixth one (vol 15) coming out in August. They probably won't be covering it for a while.

A tease is still possible, though.
Old 2014-07-06, 13:39   Link #2214
lolzorz

Quote:
No way it will cover Alicization. It has 5 published volumes for that arc alone, with sixth one (vol 15) coming out in August. They probably won't be covering it for a while.

A tease is still possible, though.
Yeah I know. From what I've read of the novel summaries... the entire Alicization arc (including the web serialisation parts not yet covered in novel form) is bloody huge. The entire span of the arc would be at least two-cour if they cut unnecessary stuff out. I wouldn't be surprised if the content is actually enough for a year's worth though.
lolzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 13:44   Link #2215
hamazura
whatever

they should end it with kirito getting shot
Old 2014-07-06, 14:49   Link #2216
Queen of Corners

I don't think two cuors would be enough to cover up events up to vol 14, let alone what comes after.

Quote:
they should end it with kirito getting shot
And we'll be laughing our asses off when anime-only fans start cursing the studio and the series and everything that comes along with it. I think novels would become a bit more popular then, at least among the impatient crowd.
Old 2014-07-06, 15:16   Link #2217
AP24

The format of 2nd season is the first half focuses on GGO and second half will focus on the new ALO (Mother's Rosario, Caliber and flashback to a part in vol 4). This season will probably end at the beginning of Alicization.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 05:13   Link #2218
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
I bet you got this idea from WIXOSS.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 05:25   Link #2219
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
The website has pictures for the second episode. It's pretty much features GGO, not really real life--unless we get flashbacks. The sequence in the first episode on the website is pretty much how it went down, so...

Also, on reddit, a user summarized the SAO panel at Anime Expo with Reki Kawahara and it stated that they were already speculating on which voices to cast for the Alcization arc. That is reaaaallly interesting. They are really getting ahead of themselves-- unless our speculations are correct and the ending of SAO II will troll the anime-only fans.

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 13:29   Link #2220
Queen of Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
The website has pictures for the second episode. It's pretty much features GGO, not really real life--unless we get flashbacks. The sequence in the first episode on the website is pretty much how it went down, so...

Also, on reddit, a user summarized the SAO panel at Anime Expo with Reki Kawahara and it stated that they were already speculating on which voices to cast for the Alcization arc. That is reaaaallly interesting. They are really getting ahead of themselves-- unless our speculations are correct and the ending of SAO II will troll the anime-only fans.
I really, really, really hope this is true. And, even if they aren't starting Alicization in this arc, it could mean that they're slowly preparing the third season. which is even better IMO. Anything better than Alicization in SAOverse can only be animated Alicization, at least until
Spoiler for vol 14/WN content: