Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
wow i wanna that kuro no ishidan stiker
there had a orange-kun stiker ^_^
i think shirley angry face because she jealous to see lulu with kallen

Yeah, i think she's unconsciously reacting to kallen being close to Lulu, i mean he may of erase her memories of him, but he didn't erase the love she still feel.
Old 2007-02-25, 07:07   Link #123
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Animate is holding a Code Geass fare from 2/22~3/21, where you get geass stickers for purchasing Code Geass related items.

Anyways, this caught my eye.

ROFL at the bottom-right flag
wrong place to post but oh well ~ i support the orange rebellion!! *raises a glass of 100% concerntrated orange juice*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 09:12   Link #124
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
You got to remember that for Suzaku Zero= the killer of Shirley dad and several others. Even if he agree with his goals he can't jump to be in his team very easily. If Suzaku knew that person behind the mask is Lelouch he may be more incline to join or at least let him escape. Suzaku does value friendship this why he help Lelouch when Nunnally was in danger and stay with them after the Mao situation out concern for Nunnally safety. At some point Suzaku will know who Zero is whether he use to follow of betray him is the only time judgment on him can really be about turning his back on a friend.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 11:50   Link #125
Juvyniled

Quote:
Yeah, i think she's unconsciously reacting to kallen being close to Lulu, i mean he may of erase her memories of him, but he didn't erase the love she still feel.
Unless the "power of love" is yet another unexplain phenomenon, how can she feel emotions toward something that does not exist in her memory? I mean sure, Shirley might've been attracted to Lelouch when she first met him, but it's more likely a moment of infatuation than true love, or love for that matter. She doesn't know Lelouch anymore as intimately as she did before Lelouch Geassed her memory away.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 13:28   Link #126
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

I saw Shneizel........

And he looked awesome,it's going to be an intresting bad guy.He even has a personal death star
Old 2007-02-25, 14:05   Link #127
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae View Post
I saw Shneizel........

And he looked awesome,it's going to be an intresting bad guy.He even has a personal death star
I think you mean he has a personal White Base and Guncannon. and now that he's in japan he can pick up his gundam and give it a flight pack.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 14:13   Link #128
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
I think you mean he has a personal White Base and Guncannon. and now that he's in japan he can pick up his gundam and give it a flight pack.
actually if you look closely at the beam being shot i think it wasnt just any cannon...it should be the cannon attached to the new nekomimi gundam

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 15:15   Link #129
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
actually if you look closely at the beam being shot i think it wasnt just any cannon...it should be the cannon attached to the new nekomimi gundam
0_o I assume you've never seen the original gundam then?

*off topicness?*
the guncannon was one of 3 prototype mobile suits (along with the gundam) that had 2 powerful cannons mounted on it shoulders. sound familiar? ^_^

piccy

so far we've got
-White Base Albion
-Gundam Lancelot
-Guncannon Gawain
-?

now all we need is a guntank and we'll have them all. (I'm also going to go insane if Schniezel ever Noa Slaps Suzaku) :3
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 16:31   Link #130
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

the cannons from the nightmare look like the 1s from tekkaman lol
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 19:58   Link #131
0rphen21
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato View Post
You got to remember that for Suzaku Zero= the killer of Shirley dad and several others. Even if he agree with his goals he can't jump to be in his team very easily. If Suzaku knew that person behind the mask is Lelouch he may be more incline to join or at least let him escape. Suzaku does value friendship this why he help Lelouch when Nunnally was in danger and stay with them after the Mao situation out concern for Nunnally safety. At some point Suzaku will know who Zero is whether he use to follow of betray him is the only time judgment on him can really be about turning his back on a friend.
ignorance is bliss some would say
Old 2007-02-25, 20:03   Link #132
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
I am fool for lost cause. =p
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 16:37   Link #133
meh

Am I the only one who hasn't cared much for any of the knightmare frames? They all look pretty bland to me.

On the other hand, the story's certainly picking up from the semi-quiet Mao arc. I'm surprised just how much Lelouch cares for Nanally in his decision making. But Suzuka is annoying me to no end. This episode might've been the tipping point for me. At least before, he had an ideal. Now, he's just a worthless pawn.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 18:00   Link #134
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
Am I the only one who hasn't cared much for any of the knightmare frames? They all look pretty bland to me.

On the other hand, the story's certainly picking up from the semi-quiet Mao arc. I'm surprised just how much Lelouch cares for Nanally in his decision making. But Suzuka is annoying me to no end. This episode might've been the tipping point for me. At least before, he had an ideal. Now, he's just a worthless pawn.
Nope, I don't look too much into the frames. That's what I watched Gundam Seed for; just the designs. There's a more reasonable plot here
Old 2007-02-26, 18:07   Link #135
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Definitely, the mechs aren't even that important to me. It's all about the plot IMO.
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 18:22   Link #136
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
you fools. i love mecha, the one reason i don't like gundam cos the designs piss me off, and goes off the stupid scale, and the character stereotype gets bloody & rediculous.

the blandness is pretty cool, it speak functionality, not a wet dream of some idealistic cliche designer.
Old 2007-02-26, 20:34   Link #137
Juvyniled

Quote:
the blandness is pretty cool, it speak functionality, not a wet dream of some idealistic cliche designer.
What does a character stereotype have to do with a Gundam? Unless you mean how everybody has a specific design... it's just their preference.

"the blandness is pretty cool"
Sounds like an oxymoronic statement. You probably meant simplicity because bland is defined as 'not stimulating.' Cool in everybody's eyes is what typically sparks their senses. But anyway... how are the gundams not functional? Just because they have more specs, does not make them any less functional. The gundams I can see are more reasonable in design because they're made to be giant humanoids. The shape and the structure is almost like that of a human, which I'd have to say is probably for the purpose of functionality. Knightmare frames have the same structure and all, but they simply look more like splotches of paint, like something Picasso might design.
Old 2007-02-27, 02:07   Link #138
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Then replace "blandness" by "soberness". "Cool" doesn't have to be sparkly or even visually impressive.

I don't find the knightmares to be that functional either, but they do have two big advantages on the gundams:
- wheels,
- they're smaller. (see this thread on why smaller is better.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 02:24   Link #139
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
you fools. i love mecha, the one reason i don't like gundam cos the designs piss me off, and goes off the stupid scale, and the character stereotype gets bloody & rediculous.

I don't see how blandness can be cool. They aren't distracting, if that's what you mean, either in a good or a bad way. They're just... there.

Of I only mention this because this series is supposed to be mecha. Yet that's the part of the anime I care LEAST about. This is totally different from any of the Gundam series, where if you don't care for the Gundams, you might as well not watch. I think at least 1/3 of seed/destiny consists of mobile suit battles of some nature. And I liked gundam designs. Sure, they're stupid and hardly practical, but if you shut down your brain like I do when watching Gundam, those are sweet, sweet machines.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 04:17   Link #140
JediNight
キズランダム

Actually I would argue this is more a character drama/morality play so far, than really about the mecha. I'm worried though that they are going to be suddenly switching it now with Whitebase and new Super Gundam cannons firing, etc. And the Seed ripoff flightpack for Lancelot etc.

I basically even consider the Lancelot to be a mistake. It's just TOO powerful, and seemingly the only one that gets to wantonly abuse physics. I found the combat much better just between the other Knightmare frames. They're imposing, but functional, and semi-believable. Unlike most Gundam suits. Lancelot is supposedly the 7th generation, which makes the Sutherlands 6th generation presumably. Yet the Lancelot is like 10x more powerful. It really doesn't make any sense from an upgrade POV.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote