AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-02-24, 03:18   Link #22321
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Since I'm having trouble thinking up ideas and motivating myself, I'm going to solicit here.

What would you people like to see Nagato do during her "ceremony" in which she 'exorcises' the headphones?

I have an idea of how I want the scene to end, but any good concepts you guys can think up would be greatly appreciated.
How do you want it to play out?

Plausible according to the rules of the Haruhi-verse? The exorcism manifests another boss-battle-like atmosphere such as in Mysterique Sign or Sound Around. Fighting shinjin that looks like Haruki.

Mindscrew? Nagato starts chanting, but after a while Kyon starts understanding the words; and starts feeling that maybe it is he who is needs the to be exorcised, not the headphones. After some hallucinations, or maybe Kyon expelling pea soup onto Yuki; he starts hearing something like, "No Kyon, you are the demons."

Farcical? Reenact a scene from a movie. Where else would Yuki get exorcism information? Like, Yuki in priest cosplay splashing holy water on a tied down Kyon. But if you prefer; water, salt, sand, sake and fire has cleansing properties in Shinto belief. Apply liberally on Kyon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I think that anything worn by the Third Doctor would qualify as "Victorian."
I don't know; Austin Powers wore stuff that's plenty Victorian, but we call that the dandy 60s.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 03:22   Link #22322
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Farcical? Reenact a scene from a movie. Where else would Yuki get exorcism information? Like, Yuki in priest cosplay splashing holy water on a tied down Kyon. But if you prefer; water, salt, sand, sake and fire has cleansing properties in Shinto belief. Apply liberally on Kyon.
I approve of this suggestion of lighting Kyon on fire.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 04:04   Link #22323
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Kyon is unkillable.

Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 04:33   Link #22324
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
What would you people like to see Nagato do during her "ceremony" in which she 'exorcises' the headphones?
Miko outfit. Bonus points for a red-white one.
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 05:29   Link #22325
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Even better, go the whole way.

SHRINE ME, BABY.

(and add a Lucky Star reference in there too XD)
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 07:45   Link #22326
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Okay, here's what you should do. She should be wearing a tinfoil hat, blue and purple parachute pants, a bright red vest with large yellow wings attached to the back and an inner tube with a green duck head around her waist. No exceptions, it has to be green.

She should be standing on just her left leg, balancing two basketballs in her right hand, waving her left arm in an 8 pattern and have a five pound weight strapped to her elevated right foot.

While she's doing this, an instrumental, backwards version of Hooked on a Feeling (or as close to it as we can legally get away with) as played on panpipes should be in the background. It has nothing to do with what she's doing, it should just be playing in the background. I don't know why.

The following statement should be said at least once, backwards, in German (Because the Japanese seem to love German): "I am the Mushroom Queen; all hail the turnip."

This next part is absolutely, positively non-negotiable: She must have an ostrich wearing an over-sized pair of heart-shaped sunglasses and a white feather boa in the room. I have no idea where she would obtain such a thing, but she must have it.

In addition, Kyon should be required to wear a pink t-shirt with "BAD MAN" written across the front and sitting in the lotus position. No reason, I just find it funny.

As for the ceremony itself, I really don't care what you do.
O_O
*kaboom*

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
How do you want it to play out?

Plausible according to the rules of the Haruhi-verse? The exorcism manifests another boss-battle-like atmosphere such as in Mysterique Sign or Sound Around. Fighting shinjin that looks like Haruki.

Mindscrew? Nagato starts chanting, but after a while Kyon starts understanding the words; and starts feeling that maybe it is he who is needs the to be exorcised, not the headphones. After some hallucinations, or maybe Kyon expelling pea soup onto Yuki; he starts hearing something like, "No Kyon, you are the demons."

I think the mindscrew would work best, with all the mindscrew that's been written so far. Or the farcical, that would work. Or would it?

BAD END
lol

Personally, I think Yuki would do something like Mysterique Sign, then they would have to face a Haruki clone or something of his, since they're his headphones. Kyon does get hurt QUITE a bit in this scene according to the outlines, right?
Old 2010-02-24, 10:58   Link #22327
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
I'm actually most in support of the miko outfit suggestion, though I don't see Yuki splashing water on Kyon... more likely she would pour the water onto the headphones or something.

Bonus points if you include Yuuko somehow or make a Holic reference.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 15:04   Link #22328
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I prefer the lucky star reference...

Maybe a witch Miko will do... Witch hat and cape over Miko outfit xD

use a combination of Shinto, Buddhism, Jewish and catholic prayers... It might work.

Kagami: we respect all religions.
Old 2010-02-24, 15:07   Link #22329
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Kyon is unkillable.

Well that's good. Just means the barbecue will last longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Maybe a witch Miko will do... Witch hat and cape over Miko outfit xD
This suggestion is funny. I like it.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2010-02-24, 15:12   Link #22330
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
This suggestion is funny. I like it.
Lol with a lucky star reference and K-On! Reference?

Kyon: a Gibson Les Paul?

Yuki: I forgot to construct the wand.

Kyon: How will y-

*smashes headphones with guitar*

Kyon: ... never mind... Thanks.

Yuki: ... Let's continue ceremony.

*after incinerating, melting, exorcising and other manners of destroying headphone*

Yuki: Ceremony complete.
Old 2010-02-24, 15:12   Link #22331
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
Since I'm having trouble thinking up ideas and motivating myself, I'm going to solicit here.

1: Change of clothing. Both Kyon and Nagato should wear something either completely white, or the green or blue that you see medical personnel wear. Explanation: "Prevent contamination."

2: Drawing a circle. Have Nagato lay down a circle of powdered silicone or ground quartz crystal around the headphones, and perhaps draw additional patterns within the circle. Explanation: "Nonverbal data manipulation to run independently and prevent escape of contaminant."

3: Have Nagato hold a mirror. Explanation: "Capture device for contamination."
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 16:00   Link #22332
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
1: Change of clothing. Both Kyon and Nagato should wear something either completely white, or the green or blue that you see medical personnel wear. Explanation: "Prevent contamination."
Doctors don't wear green scrubs to prevent contamination. They wear it to prevent afterimage loss of focus. After looking at blood for extended periods of time, when looking away you'd see blood's complementary color, which happens to be green. If they weren't wearing green scrubs, it would throw their focus to hell.

So if she didn't want to lose focus on the yellow headphones, they should wear cover everything around them in purple.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 16:47   Link #22333
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

They should be wearing green anyway...
Old 2010-02-24, 17:16   Link #22334
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Doctors don't wear green scrubs to prevent contamination. They wear it to prevent afterimage loss of focus. After looking at blood for extended periods of time, when looking away you'd see blood's complementary color, which happens to be green. If they weren't wearing green scrubs, it would throw their focus to hell.

So if she didn't want to lose focus on the yellow headphones, they should wear cover everything around them in purple.
Really? I was misinformed, then. But purple would be interesting. ^^
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 17:19   Link #22335
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
Really? I was misinformed, then. But purple would be interesting. ^^
It might be the basis behind wearing scrubs in general, but the aforementioned reason is why the surgeons wear green ones, at the very least.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 17:22   Link #22336
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
I would like to remember everyone that changing their outfist is not that simple. You would have to creat a new sprite for both charactes, unless they wear it again sometime, or this scene is much more important then it appear to be, it dont worth it.

The other option would make the scene entirely in CG, which is even worse (a single one in the best case, end I don't really think it is needed). At most a simple 'magic circle' in the screen, Umineko style.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 17:43   Link #22337
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I would like to remember everyone that changing their outfist is not that simple. You would have to creat a new sprite for both charactes, unless they wear it again sometime, or this scene is much more important then it appear to be, it dont worth it.
I thought it's quite common for VNs to have some sprites which hardly get used.

Also, it's not hard for Yuki, she could have just a single sprite of her standing and it'd work for the whole VN (not saying there should be only one). And why would Kyon need a new sprite, he doesn't use one when he's the narrator, right?
Old 2010-02-24, 18:00   Link #22338
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
I thought it's quite common for VNs to have some sprites which hardly get used.
They have way more budget then us. :P Besides, in my (little) experiecen with VN, I on't see this being that common. Maybe some in Higurashi, but at last they don't have any CG. I don't remember any in F/SN, unless you count some 'useless' characters (specially in the prologue).

We are just a small doujin group, with few artists, I think it is better if we keep it low where we can.

Quote:
Also, it's not hard for Yuki, she could have just a single sprite of her standing and it'd work for the whole VN (not saying there should be only one).
Eh, I guess you are right. A single position for her body and a but more (2 or 3?) for the arms (pointing something, reading) and a bunch of expressions can do the work for her in most routes, the same for Yuuki (I guess something more for Alien route). I believe drawing different positions is simpler then drawing different outfist, however.

Quote:
And why would Kyon need a new sprite, he doesn't use one when he's the narrator, right?
Oh, yeah, you are right. My mistake.
Old 2010-02-24, 18:24   Link #22339
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Oh, yeah, you are right. My mistake.
Don't sweat it, I was originally gonna ask why Kyon would wear something else in the first place, but then I realized he'd be narrating so he doesn't have sprites in that scene to begin with.
Old 2010-02-24, 18:56   Link #22340
Heatth

Quote:
Don't sweat it, I was originally gonna ask why Kyon would wear something else in the first place, but then I realized he'd be narrating so he doesn't have sprites in that scene to begin with.
Which don't mean he can't wear something else. At last it is simpler, it just need some lines in the text.

For why he would wear something else, dunno. Maybe to help in the exorcism. For that matter, why would Yuki wear anything different? Since when she needs it? And since when it would help? Her powers are not related to her clothes, as far I can tell.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan