AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-04-05, 18:49   Link #121
Zhemos

How long is this game? I know the first one was pretty long.
Zhemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 23:04   Link #122
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
Although I haven't kept up with Chain of Memories and other storyline sources, the story seems to leave everything in place at the end.
O RLY?

I'm not exactly happy though. Aside from Journal entries, they never explained why the hell is

Spoiler for KH CoM and KH II:

Despite my rants, it's still a great game. It's not what it'd could've been, but still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhemos
How long is this game? I know the first one was pretty long.
25 to 30 hours for the story game alone. 10 for all those extras, me thinks. Some of those mini-game requirements are pretty tough.

It could've been like 10 hours longer for the story, had Square Enix not decide to tone down the movie stories of Disney though. I was dissapointed at the way they handled the Pride Lands story. The emotional impact of the movie totally dissapeared. It doesn't help the movie's greatest scenes were toned down to an oblivion.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 00:28   Link #123
Flarey
Fandub Voice Actor Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde
^^did you know that the lyrics for sanctuary were actually created before the lyrcis for passion? I guess that would technically make santuary the authentic version

But I do understand how you feel. Afterall, I heard passion first, and grew accustomed to hearing it first. Sanctuary feels rather awkward to listen to at the moment.
Yep, but everyone heard Passion before Sanctuary so that's why people are more use ta the sound of it and Passion also has background vocals and stuff that aren't in Sanctuary's mix which gives it a different feeling.

I for one though like both versions of the song cause I find it nice when the singer of the song can do them in other languages and actually come out understandable, and well the KH series was what got me into Utada Hikaru so I love just about anything she does.

As for the game it was awesome and I beat it in 3 days..lol.
Flarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 09:43   Link #124
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Even if I hadn't heard Passion first, Sanctuary would have still sounded horrible.

I should know, Utada Hikaru -can- and -has- put out bad music before.

Sanctuary has a lot of problems with having to over-stretch or over-repeat syllables of the lyrics to match the melody. The poor singing quality, trying to copy Passion's melody too much without doing the same voice manipulations, just doesn't work.
Old 2006-04-10, 20:53   Link #125
naruto123

Does anyone have pointers on how to beat the crap out of Sephorith?
I mean every time I get so close to beating him he uses the fire wall.
Also besides Sephorith... does anyone need help like on getting Sora's final form?
Or mabye someone needs boss help with like Xemnas or Demyx mabye even Xaldin?
Or any worlds?
naruto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 21:24   Link #126
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto123
Does anyone have pointers on how to beat the crap out of Sephorith?
Equip Elixirs. And always keep Curaga and Elixirs ready to use. ANYTIME. Especially during the HP/MP 1 technique.

Evade his firewall technique with speed and distance. If you're lucky, try to score one or 2 hits, but anymore isn't worth getting flamed.

It's better if you have Ultima Weapon.

Get ready to react to his multi-hit fast strike. Those are vital to get a lot of damage into his opening.

And GET READY TO AIR COMBO him everytime he tries to air combo you. That's a difference maker in half of your life.

Last but not least, luck. You'll need it. I beat him on the 3rd try, with all my elixirs depleted. Sure wasn't easy.
Old 2006-04-10, 22:21   Link #127
naruto123

Thanks I just beat him!!!
You're right elixirs are the way to go!
Oh yeah that feels good... So have you done everything in the game yet?
naruto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 22:30   Link #128
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto123
Thanks I just beat him!!!
You're right elixirs are the way to go!
Oh yeah that feels good... So have you done everything in the game yet?
I saw my friend playing some of those crazy requirements for the Journal mini-games, and I decided, meh I'm better off trying Proud Mode.

And I beat Proud Mode with Journal completion..........96%? Somewhere there.

I loved the Atlantica Musical mini-games. They should've had a Pride Lands musical.
Old 2006-04-11, 07:46   Link #129
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
[quote]O RLY?

I'm not exactly happy though. Aside from Journal entries, they never explained why the hell is [/quota]

YA RLY :P

It's like I said, I haven't kept with the story, but just by playing halfway through the first one and beating the second one, I can tell that pretty much what happens "behind scenes" is never mentioned in the game.

Spoiler:

Still, I must say that since Ocarina of Time, which I beat over 5 years ago, I had never spent more than 40 minutes playing a game on my consoles. In the case of Kingdom Hearts, I spent 2 days playing for over 13 hours.

Quote:
Sanctuary has a lot of problems with having to over-stretch or over-repeat syllables of the lyrics to match the melody. The poor singing quality, trying to copy Passion's melody too much without doing the same voice manipulations, just doesn't work.
I hated the US-version of the song, and I think anyone who likes to be faithful to anime/games didn't like it as well.

By the way, I have a few questions for you guys. I have a research paper due the end of this month, and I'm planning on doing it on stereotyping over games and anime. We all know that some of us will not buy/do something that we might have heard has something we dislike, right? Well, this is where KH enters. Personally I was very skeptical about the game because it had Disney characters in it. Same thing with Rozen Maiden: it's an anime about dolls. Still, both series surprised me a lot in how things came out. KH has an awesome storyline (IMO, of course.) that blends in with the stories I don't really like from Disney. And RM is dramatic and really brings the dolls to a more-than-alive level.

So, my question is, did you feel not very interested in Kingdom Hearts because of its Disney-blended storyline, or anything like that?

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 13:56   Link #130
Tiamat
Mistress of the Keyblade

Location: Clashing swords with Cloud, Sephiroth, Riku & Sora.
Beat the game two days ago on Proud Mode. All I have to say is this game rocks and the hints toward the next games really get you thinking. LOVE IT!! The artwork is wonderful both the concept art and the 3D modeling was really well done for this game.

I've beaten Sephiroth who was tough but not unbeatable and as for the mini-games I'm at 97% completion.

Question: How do you unlock the last two Paradox Tournements in the Coliseum? For some reason they won't open for me.

As for Utada's new song, I like it. I haven't heard the orginal yet so I can't compare it. But still it's great.

So what does everybody think of the secret movie? Rather interesting isn't it. Wonder what's going to happen next. With the official ending and the secret movie it looks as if there will be two games in the works.
Tiamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 16:01   Link #131
nightengale5385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat
Question: How do you unlock the last two Paradox Tournements in the Coliseum? For some reason they won't open for me.

You have to level up ALL of your drive modes and summon up to level 7. It's pretty time consuming because each drive has different requirements to level up
nightengale5385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 16:53   Link #132
Tiamat
Mistress of the Keyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightengale5385
You have to level up ALL of your drive modes and summon up to level 7. It's pretty time consuming because each drive has different requirements to level up
Thank you for the info. Luckily I already have all the Forms leveled all the way up. Those are so much fun. It wasn't too hard to level them once you figure it out. Love that Final Form of his.

But the Summon's level being 7 too? Ah jeez that's the one I use the least, lol. Well that means I'll be using Stitch and Genie a lot more for a while. My summons are currently at level 2.

Again, thanks for the help.
Old 2006-04-11, 22:07   Link #133
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
currently level 85 snd beat the game once but..
Im still desperately completing that crappy jimmy journal for the secret video.... >_>
what level did you guys completed the proud mode? was there realy a big different from normal mode ?

RedFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 22:17   Link #134
kivine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFrame
Im still desperately completing that crappy jimmy journal for the secret video.... >_>
what level did you guys completed the proud mode? was there realy a big different from normal mode ?

If you are really desperate to see the secret ending, just watch it on the net.I've seen it before starting on KH2, and it has almost no connection to the current game.
kivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 22:48   Link #135
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Quote:

If you are really desperate to see the secret ending, just watch it on the net.I've seen it before starting on KH2, and it has almost no connection to the current game.
I belive some people thought that the Secret ending of KH1 didn't have much to do with the current game either.

Still, some speculate about KH3 (What else could we think with such scene?), but that's another story and something I don't wanna talk about now. (Hell, only two weeks after it was released in the US. It might take some time for a third one to come out.)

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 22:49   Link #136
RedFrame
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivine
watching it on net and watching it on ps2 are totaly different with the quality(even more interesting to watch it with hdtv cable equiped )

Old 2006-04-11, 23:01   Link #137
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
I belive some people thought that the Secret ending of KH1 didn't have much to do with the current game either.

Still, some speculate about KH3 (What else could we think with such scene?), but that's another story and something I don't wanna talk about now. (Hell, only two weeks after it was released in the US. It might take some time for a third one to come out.)
The difference in opinions lie in the fact that most fans believe that Sora's story is "over" in KH II. Every question posed in KH I was eventually solved, and left it with a somewhat "feel good" ending, minus that letter in the end.

And some don't like the idea that...
Spoiler for secret ending:

And you and I differ in our opinion of KH II having a good story is probably because I played the KH saga in it's entirety, like Final Mix and CoM. CoM raised the standard of story-telling and questions that should've been answered in KH II, but all KH II did imo was dealing with KH I's questions.

Meh, I probably have too high of a standard of stories, since stories are my Holy Grail in everything from anime to games. (( Which is the only reason why I even bothered to tolerate playing Drakengard 2 for it's 3 endings. ))
Old 2006-04-11, 23:16   Link #138
RedFrame
*Graphic Designer

what i can think of from the secret video is Judge from FF12 ( its realy looks the same you know! )
and F/S N UBW (again~ rip off~)

Spoiler:

Old 2006-04-12, 16:57   Link #139
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
Just completed the game, and let me sya that it was awesome, heck although I find it more interesting playing it without playing Chain of Memories because it gets you thinking what happens. BTW, the looks of the preview after the ending of KH II suggests that it focuses on the Keyblade itself, something that is not talked about much in KH I and II.
SuperAsuradaGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 14:23   Link #140
Tiamat
Mistress of the Keyblade

Quote:
I leveled all the way up to 99 on Proud Mode. I did that for one, to max everything out and two to beat Sephiroth on a level that would stand a chance against him. No matter what he's still tough to beat. And the only big difference like the others have said is how to get the secret ending and also the enemies are a little stronger.

Currently I'm working on the last Paradox Tournament, got all the way up to round 43 and ended up losing. Man, the enemies get tougher as the tournament drags on.

Spoiler for for secret ending: