AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-19, 11:28   Link #1981
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Speaking of "balance" with a fighting game by mentioning battles against the CPU is completely irrevelant. What matters the most in the game would rather be the balance of the roster when 2 players are facing each other, factoring seemly the same skill level.
Also, Jessica is hardly close to god tier: she can packs a punch, but she is terribly slow, with a painful short range and is quite vulnerable to low hits, despite her reversal tools.
However, Kanon and Lucifer are indeed dominating completely the other characters, due to the combos they can dish out with various different approach, with an excellent melee range and speed.

The game needs more balance in its pacing and the possibilities in approaching the opponent due to characters distinctions (the fact they made the air guard possible will be a life saver, since it allow people not to be afraid of jump meta trap or anti air being a tad overwhelming).
Old 2011-12-19, 12:26   Link #1982
Solkiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Speaking of "balance" with a fighting game by mentioning battles against the CPU is completely irrevelant. What matters the most in the game would rather be the balance of the roster when 2 players are facing each other, factoring seemly the same skill level.
Also, Jessica is hardly close to god tier: she can packs a punch, but she is terribly slow, with a painful short range and is quite vulnerable to low hits, despite her reversal tools.
However, Kanon and Lucifer are indeed dominating completely the other characters, due to the combos they can dish out with various different approach, with an excellent melee range and speed.

The game needs more balance in its pacing and the possibilities in approaching the opponent due to characters distinctions (the fact they made the air guard possible will be a life saver, since it allow people not to be afraid of jump meta trap or anti air being a tad overwhelming).
I also think Eva-Beatrice is dominating along with Kanon and Lucifer. First, she has a air grab (punish jumps ftw?), she has a air dash in a game where air movement is restricted as heck, lightnig normals, good damage and even better with her ability. She has a braindead 6C overhead that crossups if done close to the opponent (and not in a corner.) Did I mention her normals were fast as heck? I can punish Battler's 2B with Eva's 2C. Ridiculous. She's the kind of character that can work without depending on meter (unlike Siesta, Beatrice and Virgilia), so pairing up with them is a good idea to build meter really fast.

Pretty godly, in my book.
Old 2011-12-19, 13:55   Link #1983
maximilianjenus
[E]

Agreed, but she is not kanon or lucifer.
Old 2011-12-19, 17:34   Link #1984
Joachim13
Finite Witch

Something I've been hoping for for awhile now would be like a guaranteed death type move. Kind of like a "fatality", but less generic. Like 410 blowing up the oponents heart, Battler's blue truth spires impaling, Shannon creating a cylinder shield that crushes the enemy against the wall, or Ange denies the enemy's existence. Kind of like how in BlazBlue there are two hyper combos, and then when certain conditions are met you can do a hyper finish.

Clearly I would be fine if the next OMK didn't add any characters so long as they balance everything and add more moves.
Reguarding new characters though, it looks like they're trying to focus more on the important characters as well as the popularity poll, so they'd wait awhile before touching characters like Gaap, or Ghoda since they aren't as important storywise. Now that they've taken care of the Chiru characters, we'll hopefully start seeing more minor characters in the future!
Old 2011-12-19, 17:42   Link #1985
Solkiskey

I just want Ange to be overall faster, I can counter (with Ronove) Ange's 5C on HIT. Kinda sad if you tell me, lol. Battler's close 5C should have more range, it whiffs horribly because it doesn't reach out far enough...
Old 2011-12-19, 17:44   Link #1986
maximilianjenus
[E]

that balances battler out and forces you to choose or not forward + B in combos.
Old 2011-12-19, 17:49   Link #1987
orangejuicetang

I'm kind of curious though, apart from Gaap and maybe MARIA, what other new characters could they add?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2011-12-19, 17:54   Link #1988
Solkiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
that balances battler out and forces you to choose or not forward + B in combos.
Which is nonsense because every other characters can do it just fine. Battler is already an average character to begin with...
Old 2011-12-19, 17:59   Link #1989
Azrail
Storm Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I'm kind of curious though, apart from Gaap and maybe MARIA, what other new characters could they add?
Tweak current Erika -> release Pirate Erika. Two Erika's on the same team!

But, being serious I could still see... Featherine. Although she'd be much more interesting as some final boss in a boss mode with a ridiculous moveset or something imo. I think Sorcerer Battler is unique enough from regular Battler to make another character out of him as well.

The roster is already fairly filled out though so I don't think they need to worry about it too much. Next game I would ideally like to see at least 1 new character but have the focus be on mechanics and features, with maybe a second character being released in a later patch.
Old 2011-12-19, 18:17   Link #1990
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrail View Post
Tweak current Erika -> release Pirate Erika. Two Erika's on the same team!

But, being serious I could still see... Featherine. Although she'd be much more interesting as some final boss in a boss mode with a ridiculous moveset or something imo. I think Sorcerer Battler is unique enough from regular Battler to make another character out of him as well.

The roster is already fairly filled out though so I don't think they need to worry about it too much. Next game I would ideally like to see at least 1 new character but have the focus be on mechanics and features, with maybe a second character being released in a later patch.
I'd laugh if they went down the Akiha Melty Blood route and then release things like 'Detective Erika', 'Pirate Erika', and 'Witch of Truth Erika' all as different characters.

Or maybe laugh is the wrong word.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2011-12-19, 19:18   Link #1991
Joachim13
Finite Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Genji- He's a ninja!!
Kasumi- Uses guns and can call supprt goons
Ghoda- Fanservice (not that everyone else isn't)
Zerpar/Furfur- Stuns and tricks OR
Clair- assists from Zepar and Furfur
Natsuhi- Gun and protective magic with Krauss assist
Lion- If she's not an assist for Willard
Witch of Rokkenjima- Alternate Beatrice since she's certainly not lacking attacks
Young Kinzo- With Goldsmith abilities and a dragon super
Hidden Higurashi Character- Why not

Anyone past Gaap and BATTLER sounds pretty ridiculous, but it all just depends on how far 07th is willing to take OMK. It would be nice if they would hold another poll and openly state that it is meant to decide new characters to add...
Which really, with CROSS it already seems like the roster is bigger than most fighting games really.
Old 2011-12-19, 19:41   Link #1992
orangejuicetang

I could actually see them adding a hidden Higurashi character eventually.

Old 2011-12-19, 22:39   Link #1993
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

Super long post is super long...

I'm super annoyed that people are discussing Higurashi characters in context of a spinoff of a seperate series and no one's said anything about MARIA(save orangejuicetang and for that, thanks)! Where's the love for the apprentice Witch of Origins! I want my sappy Maria and Rosa/Beatrice/Ange endings, dammit!

Well now that my rant is finished, MARIA is the only character that there doesn't need to be much thought put into her moveset. Gaap is portal spam and heel kick(said heel kick only being used ONCE in the entire series. Not even in ep 8...). Not fun to watch, but at least fun to play as. As for Sorceror BATTLER, I feel that they could just tweak the Battler we've got a little instead of making a whole other character. Change his C attacks to slashes with his golden longsword and change his Meta special to him stabbing said sword into the ground and firing off a giant Gold Truth!

Lion fits best as an assist to Will, therefore allowing a sappy Will/Beatrice ending. Zepar/Furfur would be awesome to play as, but them just loving themselves in Netplay is for the best. Suit!trice(with/without her hair let down) or Clair works as an alternate sprite, much better than crappy palette swap screams lazy, generic blond or some hatless Santa mess(GEORGE)...Genji's not really needed since we've got Bronove, in fact I'd rather see Virgilia tweaked to turn in Kumasawa and slap her opponents with a giant mackerel once she wins.

GOLDSMITH you say...It'd require some work since he's just a summoner and OLD, but yes. Oh yes. Magical Chef Gohda could be his assistant. Kasumi and the other aunts/uncles are irrelevant now that we have Musou Rosa. EVAtrice replaces Eva just fine(little dissapointed how there was no EVA/George ending in X), and Natsuhi/Kyrie/Kasumi would play the same as Rosa with minor differences(Albeit, this argument is irrelevant with the existence of Black Battler...).

Higurashi characters. Focusing on the characters who've had some sort of meta-awareness at some point in the series for whatever reason: Rika and Hanyu(duh), Rika's friends(Keiichi, Rena, Sonozaki twins), Akasaka. First off, I'd rather avoid a Higurashi Daybreak copy-paste, so an attempt at different movesets would be in order. Akasaka's George with more punching. Two Rikas too many already. Hanyu. Sonozaki twins are a mix of George's martial arts and Rosa's gun skills with some shock therapy. And Rena's nothing but a tease. Not to mention the fact that these characters(with the exception of Rika, Hanyu, and Akasaka) would be batshit-insane since they're not in Himanizawa.

In the end, leaving the number of characters at '19' is best, story wise. I'd prefer the focus to be on balance tweaks in patch form(As spending my money AGAIN for the same game would be a bit ridiculous. I gotta buy other stuff.) and more characters if they do that through said method. A new game would require to at least be playable by itself. More characters, stages, huge balance tweaks, and an overhaul of previous story lines into one overeaching plotline would also be important. I think unless that happens, the best we're gonna get is a port of the expansion and patches galore.
Old 2011-12-20, 01:10   Link #1994
Joachim13
Finite Witch

Considering how all they've released so far are expansion packs that would explain why all of the stories have remained the same. Meaning if they release an OMK 2 then most of the stories would probably be different. Also, in they're defense, there's a reason I specifically stated YOUNG Kinzo, and Natsuhi would be different in that she ranked pretty high on the poll, and she comes from a family of priests, AND she has a loving boxer for a husband. It's probable that Natsuhi could carry out a descent unique moveset. And I don't blame Sonozaki for wanting MARIA, but I find it kind of hard to see her dishing out normal attacks, plus she's almost as powerful as Featherine... Sounds like a tough call for a fighting game, but I'd still like to see it myself.
Old 2011-12-20, 01:36   Link #1995
orangejuicetang

To be technical, shouldn't that more be 'will be as powerful as Featherine'?

Also, while Natsuhi does have the background to be an interesting fighter, the problem is she doesn't really have any scenes in the game itself to draw details from. (Also she's already a palette swap for Jessica iirc)

...a thought just crossed my mind. What if they made a Goat Character!?

Old 2011-12-20, 09:22   Link #1996
maximilianjenus
[E]

I see the goat chaarcter being there; while the anime made the goats very weak, they are supossed to be much stronger than that adn the game needs more slow people.

nappi has been heavily hinted to be proficient wiht a naginata (spear) so as long as she makes it with one.
Old 2011-12-20, 21:38   Link #1997
Joachim13
Finite Witch

Reguarding characters, it'd a be neat, though nearly impossible that they would set it up that Eva-Beatrice was game master again in one of the future OMKs and she decided that since all the adults are boring and have no dreams she turns them into their 20s~ish. This would include any of the parent as well as Kinzo. Another witch could take opportunity in that the parents no longer would even know there children, if even their spouses, and could easily become the culprit, or just difficult to work with. A unique twist for the fantasy side on an incredibly fantasy dipped game board. It would be cool to see versions of the adults, such as Natsuhi and Rudoph, that could do some serious damage as fighters; and for Rosa without a child to meet the Rosa that would presumably be outside of the gameboard that has Maria. I suppose this would be more of a fanfic, huh?

Since people are mentioning that they want new characters, what about new stages? That seems even harder given the limitations of the Umineko world. Perhaps these would work:
Beach by the Docks, Golden Land, Kuwadorian Dungeon, Rosa's Home (Just for the sake of Maria's toys), or the Witch's Theatre.
Anyone else got any ideas?
Old 2011-12-20, 21:52   Link #1998
Azrail
Storm Vanguard

Forgive me if any of these are already confirmed for Cross (or even worse, already in the first game) since I'm tired and can't really recall everything but some possible ideas for stages are: Golden Land, The City of Books, Sea of kakera, Closed Room, Outside Hachijo Mansion.
Old 2011-12-20, 21:56   Link #1999
Joachim13
Finite Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrail View Post
Forgive me if any of these are already confirmed for Cross (or even worse, already in the first game) since I'm tired and can't really recall everything but some possible ideas for stages are: Golden Land, The City of Books, Sea of kakera, Closed Room, Outside Hachijo Mansion.
We both said Golden Land , guess that means I'm not the only one that wants it. Also, The City of Books will be in CROSS, and I've been wondering if the Meta Witch's Room is the Sea of Kakera for awhile now...

Last edited by Joachim13; 2011-12-23 at 00:02.
Old 2011-12-23, 00:20   Link #2000
Rattan

I apologize if it's already been posted but on a whim I decided to check the site again and saw a new gameplay mechanic.

Spoiler for Image:

Look at the dark red bar in Erika's life. Using google translator, you can recover those using normal touch(?)

EDIT: Just noticed that "Guard Touch Forward" is also added there
Closed Thread