AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-24, 15:39   Link #61
Sakuratsuki

Eva is hot

Can't wait to read the first chapter. I am so hyped right now
Old 2013-08-24, 18:27   Link #62
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Man Eva really let her bangs get out of control.

Anyway as long as Eva is around and recognizable character-wise I'll be reading this, no question.
Old 2013-08-24, 19:15   Link #63
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
To me it looks like Eva imposed herself on the main protagonist's household and is taking care of him from now on... or I guess to him it's the other way around since he's the one who cooks and probably does the rest of the housework too.
so ken-sensei is doing his ver of what XXXholic would look like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Eva being a teacher is totally out of my expectation.
Only at first glance. But remember Eva did either tutor or taught half the class magic. And she was good at it. She makes a great Teacher of Magic...as long as you can survive her lessons.

Quote:
I can see a few Negima cast might appear. Chachamaru, Setsuna and Mana is the only ones that is not human. Who knows, maybe Rakan is still around since he can survice using willpower!
You forgot Zazie.
Old 2013-08-24, 19:25   Link #64
chaosprophet

Spoilers from 2ch posted by Hata on AQS forums:
Spoiler for part of ch 1:

Considering this is correct then:
Spoiler for Later Negima:

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2013-08-24 at 19:36.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 20:37   Link #65
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Spoiler for Well...:
Old 2013-08-24, 20:41   Link #66
Sumeragi
Banned

I knew fans can be illogical, but the sheer level shown in this thread makes my faith become even lower.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 21:32   Link #67
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
i have yet to read this but no loli Eva is a huge blow to me and sorry but the MC seem ... dumb.
Loli Eva is around. She just may not be seen like she was in Negima!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alquimio_125 View Post
It seems that time has made everyone forget and forgive what Akamatsu did with the last chapters of Negima.
Sadly not the case with me.
And now I see everything that makes this man with suspicion and skepticism.
I will be conditioned by what he did in his previous work and I will not enjoy this series as it should. What is very sad because I have the feeling that this would be the kind of story I like and would love.
Time does indeed heal all wounds (and I do need to finally write my review of the last volume), and certainly, you should view this series with skepticism and suspicion. I do that with EVERY CLAMP title I read after what happened with xxxHOLiC. However, I still read them because the potential still is there for gold.

[quote]
Quote:
I can see a few Negima cast might appear. Chachamaru, Setsuna and Mana is the only ones that is not human. Who knows, maybe Rakan is still around since he can survice using willpower!
Eva is one thing, and Akamatsu-sensei has long stated that she was a favorite character of his, which is why she was the first "real" story arc in Negima!. That's why he found a whacky way to have her training Negi on the Magic World via that scroll.

All that being said, I'm not sure how much I'd count on other cameos happening. As I mentioned somewhere, Akamatsu-sensei's cameo and referencing is pretty light. Negima!, being the biggest manga he's done, did get a bit more than Love Hina did, but even then, it wasn't much. He is pretty firmly in that school which says, "A new series has to stand on its own." However, here, he's following the Star Trek: Deep Space 9 model by having a character from the previous series (Chief O'Brien and later Worf) come over from Star Trek: The Next Generation to assume new, main character roles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
In that sense Negima didn't made me lose my hope in Akamatsu, and I was going to follow his next manga even if nothing at all related with Negima. Although of course both being related and have Eva was awesome.
That's pretty much my thoughts as well. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
^People still believe that copyright crap? LOL
And some folks apparently can't accept the facts. ^_~

Quote:
The real reason is because this is business. I heard his contract expired the day of the last release. And now he's having his new work serialized in the same magazine.
Amazing that, isn't it. And do you know what else happened? Kodansha shipped ALL of Akamatsu-sensei's works to his studio as the copyrights shifted from Kodansha to Akamatsu-sensei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Sure, but Akamatsu could have renewed his contract. There is no way the magazine would be the one to axe his work when Negima sold extremely well.
There's no doubt that Akamatsu-sensei is the one who terminated things. He honored his contract and at the end of his contract, he wanted a break. Pretty straight forward. I think the unexpected part was that he couldn't end the manga properly within the bounds of his contract time. I think that for whatever reason, he decided on a shift in manga's ending, but then he ran out of time.

Now, could he have renewed his contract? Probably, but I would guess that he wanted his copyrights and control over his life. Considering how he often mentioned how age meant that he couldn't do what he used to in order to keep up with a demanding weekly manga schedule, combined with the fact that Kodansha gave him the unusual 3 weeks publishing, 1 week off schedule, I think that by the end, Akamatsu-sensei was just burned out and needed time off. I know folks complained that he was always taking time off, but in fact, those non-publishing weeks were just so he could keep up.

As far as him going back to Kodansha again, why wouldn't he? This time, he holds all the cards. Kodansha knows the new manga will likely be a hit, more so now that Eva is a main character. So, Akamatsu-sensei publishes a new manga and he should be the copyright holder. Kodansha gets publishing rights and they make money.

Me? I'm looking forward to the new manga. ^_^

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 00:07   Link #68
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I knew fans can be illogical, but the sheer level shown in this thread makes my faith become even lower.
Aye Captain. Humans are illogical beings. Our next destination captain?
Old 2013-08-25, 02:02   Link #69
mechdra

Looking at this image makes me felt a little concern about this series. I got a feeling that Akamatsu might make this into full shonen. There is a potential for this manga since 2 of the big 3 is going to end soon and this might be the next big thing if he manage to manage his story well.

I am afraid that there might not be any fanservice in this manga. There is not many female character here. The female character design look kind of boring for some reason. I do hope there is more female character in later chapters that will spice up the story.

I do hope that the level of GAR in this new manga is well manage. If there is too many GAR like what happenned in Negima, it might spoil this series since it will be no diffrent from your typical shonen manga.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 02:11   Link #70
bloodyclaws

Quote:

Looking at this image makes me felt a little concern about this series. I got a feeling that Akamatsu might make this into full shonen. There is a potential for this manga since 2 of the big 3 is going to end soon and this might be the next big thing if he manage to manage his story well.

I am afraid that there might not be any fanservice in this manga. There is not many female character here. The female character design look kind of boring for some reason. I do hope there is more female character in later chapters that will spice up the story.

I do hope that the level of GAR in this new manga is well manage. If there is too many GAR like what happenned in Negima, it might spoil this series since it will be no diffrent from your typical shonen manga.
no fanservice in an akamatsu manga is impossible. That would be an empty worry. The manga just started so the cast is thin. In fact, people seem to be concerned about the cast growing too big rather than small. Also, the level of GAR in the ala alba arc was when negima truly shined. Do remember that the level of badassery is not the only thing that dictates a typical shounen manga.
bloodyclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 05:11   Link #71
chaosprophet

Well at least Eva in that adult form with those big breasts almost jumping out of the shirt seems to imply some fanservice but who knows. Although there is some shounen series that still have plenty fanservice too, like Fairy Tail.

And looking at the characters on the image posted now and the other one with loli Eva on first post, I wonder if that young boy in a big black jacket isn't Fate. Also people said that from the image that other tall woman besides Eva has a light green hair, made me wonder if she could be Tsukuyomi.
Old 2013-08-25, 10:53   Link #72
Shadow5YA

Quote:
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/9664a921f68ea648f4b10f4d1a8c6a341377183261_full.jp g

We've got an adult Eva with a low-cut/low buttoned shirt with her cleavage showing and you're telling me "there might not be any fanservice"?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 11:53   Link #73
AstroNerdBoy

With Eva-oneesan in the mix, there's going to be some fanservice. It just won't be a ton of girls this time.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 12:01   Link #74
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Psshaw, Akamatsu had always wanted to include manservice. Observe, Rakan's outdoor shower scene.
Old 2013-08-25, 12:13   Link #75
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
There're two things that are infinite: the Universe and Human Stupidity.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 12:28   Link #76
paladinenvec

Quote:
There're two things that are infinite: the Universe and Human Stupidity.
And we are not sure about the first one... but really we can be certain about the second one.
Anyway i really loved Eva at Mahou Sensei Negima she was an awesome character, im really happy that Akamatsu is making a new manga and is a plus that is based on the Negima Universe, i'm really hyped for this i hope that we see the scanlated version shortly.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 13:55   Link #77
Krono

Quote:

It being described as a "Near-future battle fantasy" series, by default means that you should expect it to be a "full shounen" as it is not being set up as a harem romantic comedy. As such it should be expected that there are fewer characters, and a better mix of male and female characters. It should also be expected that fan service will not be as high a priority or focus as it was in Negima.

That's not to say there will be no fanservice, just that they aren't going to be pushing it in your face the way Negima tended to.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 14:09   Link #78
chaosprophet

I'm sure this will be about Eva and her reverse harem!

Jokes aside, i liked both shounen and harem parts from Negima. I do trust Akamatsu in making an interesting story, but we will see.
Old 2013-08-25, 14:11   Link #79
cyberdemon

The guy with the mop makes me think of Negi
Old 2013-08-25, 14:22   Link #80
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I thought you're going to put it in the OP ;_;
Spoiler:
the boy in the middle ( right side ) = Konoe grandchild right?

is it me or the other kid in the middle (left side) = Setsuna grandchild?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love