AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-19, 19:13   Link #61
DrewGSR

I dunno why but im totally digging this anime. Its quite interesting and a good change from the typical animes i see.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 21:05   Link #62
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It's an anime that evokes a soft and relaxed mood, one you could watch while eating chips and drinking juice. I guess it's not my taste, however; but I'll give it as much time as it needs, seeing that it's only 11 episodes anyway.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 09:54   Link #63
Lost

Ryuu is really hot.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 13:17   Link #64
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I just had a dream where the main character in this was actually an assassin or ninja or something covert. I'm the sort of person that remembers maybe one dream a month, tops, and they haven't had anything to do with anime before this, so it's really weird...

Anyway, I have to give Bartender props for apparently burrowing deep within my psyche.

And seriously, why was I neg-repped for attacking their etymology for 'bartender?' It's incorrect, and that shouldn't be a big deal.
Old 2006-10-26, 07:51   Link #65
Lost

O.o I had to go back 4 pages for this. Anyhow just wanted to say the Bartender OP is really great. Honestly, this is a season for OPs, with the exception of DN, I can't stop listening to all of them. Back to Bartender OP; its fast paced and yet doesnt tire you out like others do. And the piano work aint bad at all too. Its a classy piece, without being overwhelming, and one that is enjoyable; with spot on vocals, especially the male's. I've never heard a male singer with a voice like that (then again, how many Male Jap Singers have I heard? ). And I think both complement each other so well. Very very good. Cant wait for the full single.

and Ryuu is really really hot.
Old 2006-10-26, 09:56   Link #66
Cal-Reflector

I heard it once, I heard it twice, so now, despite having less than 1 gig left on my weekly bandwidth quota (bloody UC Berkeley regulations) I'm going to download an episode of this show just to see how hot this Ryuu is.

Edit: Silly me, I just realized from scrolling back a bit that the aforementioned Ryuu is a guy, and therefore outside my range of curiosity; I blame this little slip on 3 hours of sleep.
Old 2006-10-27, 04:02   Link #67
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Are you a guy or a girl? LOL.
Old 2006-10-27, 06:56   Link #68
Lost

Sorry Cal for contributing to that slip. He's just too hot. But honestly, I would recommend it to people wholeheartedly only if it wasnt for the fact that this anime is probably an aquired taste; and I've only seen the first episode (tho I liked it). Well, if your looking for an anime to just kick up your legs at and relax, then spend your limited bandwidth on it. No hot girls here (yet), move along now.
Old 2006-10-27, 07:51   Link #69
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Yep yep Lost! Ryuu is the main reason I'm willing to watch this show (even if it'll become episodic). Even his voice is attractive... kudos to the seiyuu. <3
Old 2006-10-28, 01:51   Link #70
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

That statement of yours REALLY made me snicker. LOL.

But I simply laugh at the whole concept of the show? God's Glass? ROFL. Since I have a new DVD burner, however, I can watch a whole lot more shows. Yay for me - this is included there. YAY for me.
Old 2006-10-28, 03:05   Link #71
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Sorry Cal for contributing to that slip. He's just too hot. But honestly, I would recommend it to people wholeheartedly only if it wasnt for the fact that this anime is probably an aquired taste; and I've only seen the first episode (tho I liked it). Well, if your looking for an anime to just kick up your legs at and relax, then spend your limited bandwidth on it. No hot girls here (yet), move along now.
I'm a guy. But I have friends who are interested in hot anime guys, that sort of thing, you know. Perhaps I'll try this out on them and see what they're response is.
Old 2006-10-28, 17:32   Link #72
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I havent watched it yet i wanted to wait to see everyone reacted. Is it worth checking out? i have so much anime im watcing right now dont want to take time away from the good ones if this one blows
Old 2006-10-29, 05:31   Link #73
Lost

Just try one or two episodes. Wouldnt take longer then an hour.. :/
Old 2006-11-01, 04:04   Link #74
CrYsYs
殺害

<3<3<3 Bartender. Great anime...no words can describe why it's good...it just is.

Question.

Do these episodes air weekly in Japan? :O
CrYsYs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 06:13   Link #75
Lost

Lunar has released Bartender 1! I suppose this means they are taking the series up.
Old 2006-11-01, 06:14   Link #76
Skane
Anime Snark

Their resolution is 1280x720... It would cough and sputter on my PC.

Sigh.
Old 2006-11-01, 07:00   Link #77
Lost

You HAVE to watch it! Buy a computer, Steal a computer, Borrow a computer, Rent a computer.. [Lunar's Fansub]... its... its...

This is the first time I'm reading the OP's lyrics. Its so so fitting, and pretty playful at parts too! Very meaningful.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-11-01 at 08:44.
Old 2006-11-01, 07:33   Link #78
Skane
Anime Snark

I already seen the first episode of Bartender. Somebody else fansubbed it earlier. I'm just hoping that Lunar, or some other fansub group will take pity on those of us who do not have 3GHz+ CPUs( mine is 1.8GHz).

Narf.
Old 2006-11-01, 09:17   Link #79
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
I'm a guy. But I have friends who are interested in hot anime guys, that sort of thing, you know. Perhaps I'll try this out on them and see what they're response is.

Did someone say "hot anime guys"?

Enough said....."I'm d/l this, NOW"!

Unm, err, I mean, "yeah I loved Mushishi also, and need a nice story telling anime to fill in the emptyness" :P
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 10:08   Link #80
Mr VacBob
yotsuba channel

Send a message via AIM to Mr VacBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I already seen the first episode of Bartender. Somebody else fansubbed it earlier. I'm just hoping that Lunar, or some other fansub group will take pity on those of us who do not have 3GHz+ CPUs( mine is 1.8GHz).

Narf.
Well, there's no HD version of episode 2, so they can't do it again.

(I wonder what they think they're doing, is 1024x576 somehow not high-res enough? It's not like this show has the animation budget to support anything bigger.)

Oh well, we'll be done in a day or two.
Mr VacBob is offline   Reply With Quote