AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-26, 13:56   Link #2001
miketyson

FWIW I assumed that when Mykage abducted Donar's girlfriend he was doing so on his own. It happened during an abductor raid but that "abduction" was an independent action on Mykage's part, and he might've known what to look for in an abductee.

Vena, kuromitsu, Zuul: that's why I was coy at first. I'm thinking that you'll have to hold yourself together with love, or something, but the mechanics aren't clear at this time and even if it's the right ballpark there's sure to be a wrinkle or two revealed later. If I rephrase it as "being in love strongly enough to hold yourself together" it handles the situation a bit better, albeit still being somewhat insulting to all those women who didn't survive the trip.

I do think that that theory works nicely with having Alisia be "powering" Altairs dimension gates somehow (perhaps because Altair propaganda has everyone on Altair "in love with her"?).
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 14:00   Link #2002
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post

I do think that that theory works nicely with having Alisia be "powering" Altairs dimension gates somehow (perhaps because Altair propaganda has everyone on Altair "in love with her"?).
Or maybe because she has a loved one (Amata) on the other side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Okay, so........the whole point of the stupid hair-cat thing.................is to screw up AmataxMikono scenes?! 'Cause that's all I've seen it do, and this episode only confirms that!

I wonder what hair-cat flambe tastes like........
If I were Amata I would kill the little fucker (especially since it appears it would do nothing to prevent Kagura from molesting Mikono). It would be killing 2 birds with 1 stone : get rid of the cockblock and create an oportunity to take advantage of Mikono's emotional distress. Perfect plan.XD

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-02-26 at 14:14.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 14:09   Link #2003
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
FWIW I assumed that when Mykage abducted Donar's girlfriend he was doing so on his own. It happened during an abductor raid but that "abduction" was an independent action on Mykage's part, and he might've known what to look for in an abductee.
Unless its what made him fall asleep nine years ago, I feel like it'd be a game breaker power that gets around the obvious plot-gate in the story. Usually those are set up as something to be overcome, and I still think many of Mykage's own actions with Kagura are pointing in a similar direction, by the characters.

If the gateway really does require mutual love (or some sort of mutual connection between parties) for (seemingly only women) to travel through, then keeping Kagura caged gives Mykage and Altair a method through which to drag through Mikon because, unwilling as she might be, she and Kagura have some sort of connection.

As for Alicia and Amata, (and this is pure speculation with no basis) it may just be fitting if she were his mother who traveled through the gateway (from Altair to Vega) to meet his father and her husband (eventually going back or something, or being abducted by... let's say Mykage). Or it could be the other way that Amata's father traveled through the gate, met Alicia, made Amata, and so on. In this way, she'd be revered from Altair as being one who can cross the gate in light of their obvious problems.

On last thing...
Spoiler for One last thing from this episode...:
Old 2012-02-26, 14:20   Link #2004
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Unless its what made him fall asleep nine years ago, I feel like it'd be a game breaker power that gets around the obvious plot-gate in the story.
Well, unless Mykage is weaker than the Angels in the first series, manipulating dimension gates shouldn't cost him too much energy. He had already opened a gate when Kagura went to Vega on his own and he didn't seem particularly exhausted. I'm thinking that him falling asleep was more a case of "wake me up when something interesting happens"...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 14:24   Link #2005
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Well, unless Mykage is weaker than the Angels in the first series, manipulating dimension gates shouldn't cost him too much energy. He had already opened a gate when Kagura went to Vega on his own and he didn't seem particularly exhausted. I'm thinking that him falling asleep was more a case of "wake me up when something interesting happens"...
Possibly as it was his (seemingly) actions that sealed away the Aquarion until Amata broke the seal, and which is when he conveniently wakes back up. But, at the same time, to just be able to pull whoever he wants through the gates without a price (on either the puller or the pullee) would be a game breaker, hence why I suggested that if Donar's girl were still alive then Mykage would have had to pay some sort of price.

Otherwise, why taunt Kagura if he can just pull over Mikono whenever he wants? Heck, he could just solve the whole problem for Altair without much effort.
Old 2012-02-26, 14:27   Link #2006
miketyson

Vena: for my theory to work I think mutual love can't be a requirement. Given how this theory doesn't quite seem to work I think I'm in the right ballpark but missing some key fact that'll be obvious later.

But, about Mykage: if Mykage isn't from Altair he probably is from a different dimension, in which case it's seemingly a given that he can somehow traverse dimensions on his own (on a divan made of flowers, no less...). We'll know eventually, I'm sure.

Moving on: outside of Amata I'd actually pick Cayenne as a strong "actually, I'm from Altair" candidate. It's a bit of a crack theory, sure, but figure he was adopted by the Suzushiros (but at least Mikono doesn't know he's adopted, or something). I got that idea a few episodes back when the Altairian guy walked in on Jin looking @ that hologram of Alisia; iirc that Altairian guy had the same color scheme as Cayenne...so it's not completely groundless.
Old 2012-02-26, 15:16   Link #2007
wisteria233

Well in the case of the outsider from Altair I would actually think it would be Amata, though in his case he'd have to have been brought to Vega over 10 before the start of the series, when he was probably too young to remember.Though to to turn it around I feel as though Kagura may be from Vega, yet may have somehow ended up in Altair.

Or they could pull something similar to Aquarion and say that Mikono and Cayenne's mother or father or ancestor were originally from Altair, because of their family's reputation as prominent element users.

As for Why Altair has no women, for some strange reason I blame Mr. Forever Alone aka NTR Nakamura aka Mykage for it. I really don't know why.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 15:38   Link #2008
kuromitsu

Quote:
Possibly as it was his (seemingly) actions that sealed away the Aquarion until Amata broke the seal, and which is when he conveniently wakes back up. But, at the same time, to just be able to pull whoever he wants through the gates without a price (on either the puller or the pullee) would be a game breaker, hence why I suggested that if Donar's girl were still alive then Mykage would have had to pay some sort of price.
Maybe it's not Mykage who pulled the girl through but some force of nature or something. Kagura's mecha was pulled through the gate when Mykage was still asleep so apparently it works even without Mykage being personally involved.

Quote:
Otherwise, why taunt Kagura if he can just pull over Mikono whenever he wants? Heck, he could just solve the whole problem for Altair without much effort.
I'm pretty sure he has his own reason for that. Both Izumo and Mykage seem to believe that they need the best/most powerful Reaigler for their plans, because only she would survive the dimension/space-time travel with her life and original form/functions intact. Izumo doesn't seem to know about Mikono, Mykage does (how? maybe he made the connection between Aquarion and the Reaiglers, and then Kagura's reactions led him to pinpoint Mikono as the one he needs). However, I think Mykage still doesn't know if Mikono is really the one, which is why he doesn't actually abduct her on his own - he needs some sort of proof that Kagura can provide somehow, which is why he goes through all that effort to egg Kagura on.

Then again, maybe Mykage is like Touma and actually wants Aquarion for pollinating his mini Tree of Life or something. Maybe he told Kagura "go get her but bring the mecha, too."

And now to watch the episode....
Old 2012-02-26, 15:54   Link #2009
Zuul

I finally watched the raws.

Spoiler for episode:
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 16:01   Link #2010
tsunade666

simply the best episode so far

AndyxMix
Andy: It's fate (or it might be fate?) unmei? destiny right? or fate <.<
Andy: Black HOLE! BIG BANG!!!
Andy: I'm digging a hole for you!
Andy: to connect to you
Mix - goes to kick Andy

Spoiler for center of the galaxy:
Old 2012-02-26, 16:37   Link #2011
Vena
Carpe Diem

Bored and threw some thoughts together about our main girls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Spoiler for episode:
I had been expecting something a little more predictable from this episode from our females...

Spoiler for Episode:
Old 2012-02-26, 16:44   Link #2012
mayumi

so that connecting theory of mikono's looked about right, eh?

zessica is still not revealing her heart. remembers her bosom is there for everyone to see but her heart is diamond harder than mix's. we don't even have a back story for her and now its all going to get serious from the next episode.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 16:51   Link #2013
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode:
My guess,
Spoiler for based on the preview:
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 16:58   Link #2014
kuromitsu

AHAHAHAHAHA OK WHAT WAS THIS ABOUT. XD

Spoiler for ep 9:

Quote:
Spoiler for episode:
Spoiler for Mykage:

Quote:
Spoiler for episode:
Spoiler for writing issues:

Btw,
Spoiler for some more spoilers, I suppose?:

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-02-26 at 17:14.
Old 2012-02-26, 17:10   Link #2015
miketyson

kuromitsu: yeah, the writing is good at the level of never missing an opportunity for a gag, but they have put themselves into a lot of corners in which they can't easily put certain characters together (Amata and Mikono, but also Amata and Cayenne, Cayenne and Mikono, etc., now Mikono and Zessica, etc.) without some sort of overhanging scenario strongly guiding their interactions.

The reasons those interactions are off the table vary but the end result is the same: too little unforced interaction.

If my spoiler was enough to get you to guess her power I'm guessing you're probably thinking along the same lines as me on the implications, but I agree: let's wait and see.

What I could easily see is Schrade kicking the bucket around the halfway point. If he is an important reincarnation and dies, it'd probably be up to Vega to recruit the "missing piece" from Altair (Jin, perhaps; they do look awfully similar...).
Old 2012-02-26, 17:20   Link #2016
Thess

Quote:
Oh I know, I'm just having a bit of fun with Deneb. ^^;; (And I think I know what you mean by referring to Mikono as such.) I mean, Deneb is the bridge between Altair and Vega, that lets the two lovers meet once in a year. Sooo if she's Deneb, Kagura is Altair and Amata is Vega...
Or, rather than Altair needing some woman to get there, Mikono could bridge the worlds in some way? But not by going to Altair which could have deadly consequences.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 17:20   Link #2017
mayumi

about mikono being deneb which might be true but by the end of the TV series silvia did connect apollo, sirius and touma. so it could just be that power in her. mikono just lost the cooler powers from silvia

3 women to be abducted or leave themselves in the future episodes are going to be zessica, yunoha and they already have alicia by ED.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-02-26 at 17:49.
Old 2012-02-26, 17:50   Link #2018
kuromitsu

Btw they said "hole" 48 times, take or leave a couple of instances. (This includes "black hole" and Andy's name since it's clearly a pun on "hole".)
Old 2012-02-26, 17:57   Link #2019
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Spoiler for writing issues:
I wouldn't call it writing issues perse, they just have a huge cast and a limited amount of time to really give each of them screen time every episode and, therein, explanation for some of their actions (which I'd say are usually implied but not explicitly shown as per this episode and Zessica's two lines which sufficed in terms of building character and giving you a hint into whats going on in her head). That said, I think you can somewhat *reasonably* explain what's going on with Amata/Mikono by looking more at Mikono than Amata. They went from being *almost in love* to Mikono being in a state of confusion and shock, which certainly puts a damper on things. Yunoha's introduction was built on a misunderstanding (which also worked on the fact that Mikono was hard to approach for Amata because of her jelly), and meanwhile the episode also laid out the groundwork that Zessica trusts Amata above all others. The latter of which was evolved further in the previous episode while also bringing Mikono and Zessica closer together. Moreover, you have Amata being unsure of the whole *who is Kagura* aspect that was also built on last episode. (Their personalities are an issue to but they are also a bit of a non-issue since Mikono's over the top reaction are part of what's holding up the development on one end but its also what's driving it at other points in time (compare Ep. 5 to 7). Amata is a bit harder to read but I think its fairly clear that he likes her but he's also pure/considerate/not pushy, seemingly to a fault.)

So while Amata/Mikono started off close and got really close (come episode five) the writers introduced a number of feasible/understandable roadblocks that prevent them from just jumping into each other's arms. Now, depending on what they do, this may pan out to be an endeavor in pointless delay and, at which point, Zessica and Kagura's characters are somewhat marginalized to plot-devices of delay (moreso in Zessica's case though even Kagura's only attachment to the plot right now is cockblocking Amata and lusting after Mikono for unknown reasons), but I don't tend to look at things in such a negative light. (And I really, really hate triangles because if they are not handled well, your third character can often times come off as *the distracting plot device used to add drama and needlessly prolonged a forgone conclusion*.)

@mayumi:
You're dead set on Zessica changing sides aren't you? Seems plausible...
Old 2012-02-26, 18:31   Link #2020
mayumi

@vena
maybe zessica will get more screen time then atleast? come on her being the third main character her role was pitifully miserable this episode. on the plus side kagura didn't appear either. so writers better have something big planned for both their third and fourth important characters.

or maybe the show thinks because those 2 characters have cool VA's they can get by fooling the viewers

also, its now just Zessica for mikono too. amata and mikono dropped the 'san'
i guess mikono is a bit closer to her considering zessica did tell her info about mix. i think?

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-02-26 at 18:53.

Tags
comedy, science fiction