AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-16, 06:39   Link #361
FireChick

FUNimation's streaming a few episodes of this dubbed on their website! And I saw a bit of it and they kept the original dub's voice actors!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 17:25   Link #362
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
FUNimation's streaming a few episodes of this dubbed on their website! And I saw a bit of it and they kept the original dub's voice actors!
The only thing consistent in the Gunslinger Girl franchise.
Old 2009-08-18, 02:24   Link #363
ViewtifulAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
Did you see the OVAs?
Yeah, just watched them over the weekend. They didn't really add much, but a decent watch still. Just really "relaxing" episodes. First half of the OVA went no where, easily forgettable, but I thought the second part of the OVA was pretty nice mainly because I always liked Jean as a character and it was nice to look more into what makes him ticks.

Spoiler:

What's kind of weird is that after watching the OVAs I went back and watched the last part of ep.13 that previews and hypes up the OVAs. They made the OVAs out to be much more exciting than actually were.
ViewtifulAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 03:39   Link #364
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
The only thing season two has over season one is a more focused plot that also focuses on the most awesome character of the series, Triela.

That alone made it worth watching for me, though it was somewhat painful to see the artwork suffer so much from season one to two. Not to mention the casual indifference in reproducing the various firearms, when accurate depictions of real-world weapons is something GSG has always been known for.
Old 2009-08-18, 05:09   Link #365
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Spot on comments once again. I think being so pumped up from the big ending made the OVAs seem more attractive as well.
Old 2009-08-20, 14:45   Link #366
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I just bought the complete collection yesterday. I like the first season and this one is really good too. Not the anime you want to watch if you prefer something light hearted.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 10:53   Link #367
RECyberGurl

wow, another Gunslinger girl series, I will have 2 check it out, the first one was great, loved the music and art!
RECyberGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 01:36   Link #368
prototype_sky

Dammit Pino > Triela
It's kinda hard to route for the girls since they're definitely not the underdogs
Man the antagonist failed so hard on every mission I started to feel sorry for them
oh well.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 07:24   Link #369
Samurai dono
Anti-Manga Squad

Location: Anti-manga Corps Headquarters - Assassination Division
Alright, I am a HUGE fan of season one GSG. As I was drawn to this show purely for its darkness, depth, and somewhat depressing atmosphere, a brighter more colorful season 2 that's moving in a more cutsey direction, is DEFINITELY not so appealing to me, and is definitely a sad piece of news .... in concept.

However, luckily, I went ahead and watched season 2 before reading any of your comments, and experienced the slight change in theme and atmosphere first hand and without pre-judgements (I don't know if it's a word but it's the best I could come up with), and to my surprise, NONE of it mattered whatsoever.

It was so well played, so well made, that not a single detail seemed out of place. Even the brighter plot and livelier characters were really nicely done, that it was amazing. Not the plot and the characters them selves, but the fact that they made a deep dark themed sad story, then took away all the things that made it great in the first place, and still somehow ended up with another great show. Brilliant.

I don't know how to put it other than, wow.
I can't bilieve all the negativeness it's getting in this thread.

EDITE: I would however be let down if the girls got any older in any future works. THEN, the show would lose a significant amount of its appeal. It HAS to be insanely strong sad "little" girls with very real weapons. I didn't appreciate how taller they seemed in season 2
Samurai dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 13:12   Link #370
mamina fan
Ninjas pwn all

pina = triela are practicly the same they both say so in the final ep but i didnt understand that meaning i think they may make a season 3

mamina fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 13:18   Link #371
chaos_alfa

They should make a 3th season, produced by Madhouse. I want to see Petrushka animated
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 13:29   Link #372
Isochroma

Just when the story world gets good, the animation ends. I too would like to see Petrushka animated!
Isochroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 20:48   Link #373
mamina fan
Ninjas pwn all

amen me too petrushka would sound pretty cool in it even though ive never read the manga yet i still have a huge list of stuff to do but her and beatrice and marrisa would be cool

mamina fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 05:21   Link #374
flowerkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
FUNimation have announced the license for Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino-.

The series was produced by MFI so it has never been listed on AnimeSuki, see Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed in this thread.
  • Asking where you can find Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- downloads or torrents.
  • Asking for help downloading Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino-.
  • Asking for playback help for Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. End of edit by Mod (xris)

http://www.mmv.co.jp/company/movie/070530/13_l.html

Read the 3rd Box from the left at the bottom.

Can they even animate the brutality of the final matchup between Triela and Pinnochio.....
LOL, noobs that don't know how to use go0gle don't deserve anything of GSG, of course! Good that we're still allowed to discuss the show, fear of persecution has made many sites into regular police states. Glad to see it doesn't happen to this site.

Last edited by flowerkill; 2011-01-29 at 05:38. Reason: forgot to give praise
flowerkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 17:37   Link #375
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Finished it, finally. This anime is too slow, kept getting bored and leaving it aside.
But finally finished it, 2 years later.

Anyway, slowness aside, it was fairly good. I liked the new chara design, compared to S1, and I believe the story was more interesting than S1 as well.
I didn't really like how the "rivalry" thing ended, it was kinda lame, and she didn't realize that the only reason she won was her cyborg body, rather than her skills. Pinocchio was just a better fighter.

That aside, it was still an interesting, heavy and emotionally engaging series.
Just too damn slow, it was a real chore to finish it, even at 1.1x playback speed.

Now, OVAs.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 19:11   Link #376
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Finished OVAs.
Meh.
Happy it's over.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-07, 02:33   Link #377
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Murder moppets

Lolinators

Stone-cold moe-fos

I watched the first series a few years back and found it challenging and fascinating. Then I watched the first episode of the second series and was repulsed by how dumbed-down they'd made it. This time around, I pushed on past the opening episode and was pleased to find out it was the exception.

I also found myself thinking that if you ever wondered what these girls would be like if they reached adulthood, you should watch Violet Evergarden.

Last edited by BBOvenGuy; 2021-02-07 at 12:11.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-11, 19:42   Link #378
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post

I also found myself thinking that if you ever wondered what these girls would be like if they reached adulthood, you should watch Violet Evergarden.
Never thought of it that way but that's...an interesting take
Old 2021-02-11, 20:33   Link #379
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Never thought of it that way but that's...an interesting take
Rico in particular. I first got this idea after watching her S1 episode where she kills the boy in the hotel because he saw her. But these girls are all child soldiers, just like Violet. They may be part of an anti-terrorism conflict, but they're still soldiers.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, loli, seinen