AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-08-28, 12:43   Link #3121
M!rage
~Queen of evil~

thnxs a million^^ everybody you were really of a great help ..now i need the answer of number 5><
M!rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 13:07   Link #3122
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by klowny View Post
This is not a movie, it's actually Scrubs a TV show
aah so it was Scrubs after all

and lol I thought 3 was Tom Hanks ha ha sorry 'bout that
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 01:58   Link #3123
Tiberium Wolf

Can anyone tell me what a battle manga is?

I thought it was just the manga where you had fighting or if you had some kind of competition such as sport.
Old 2009-08-29, 09:47   Link #3124
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Send a message via AIM to LiberLibri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Can anyone tell me what a battle manga is?

I thought it was just the manga where you had fighting or if you had some kind of competition such as sport.
There is no rigid and agreed definition. However, roughly speaking, it means such ones that the storyline depends totally upon (often supernatural) martial arts. The protagonists' primary goals are to achieve victory over the rivals. Other elements like love or mystery are rarely depicted. Fukui Ei-ichi established this category in the 1950s (in his judo manga), and Kajiwara Ikki sophisticated the methods. In the late 20th century, Yude-Tamago, Toriyama Akira and Togashi Yoshihiro proved that battle mangas are easy to appeal younger readers. Since then it has been one of the mainstreams of boys manga.
LiberLibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 13:02   Link #3125
Tiberium Wolf

I've read some stuff about Medaka turning into battle manga. Also when u read Bakuman they trying some way turn Trap into battle manga. How do turn mystery into battle manga? How is medaka turning into battle manga?
Old 2009-08-29, 18:37   Link #3126
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
I've read some stuff about Medaka turning into battle manga. Also when u read Bakuman they trying some way turn Trap into battle manga. How do turn mystery into battle manga? How is medaka turning into battle manga?
Battle manga, in the simple, easy-to-get explanation, is something like Shonen Jump's Big Three: Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece. Of course there's evolution over time and whatnot, but the basic contemporary usage of the term refers to manga along these styles. Lots of fighting, heroes vs. rivals, speechs about friendship, powerups, training arcs, etc. Staples of mainstream shonen.

Medaka Box's latest chapter has the characters fighting with flashy moves, the "good guys" being beat up by a powerful rival, etc., which apparently feels a lot like a scene in battle manga. Whether it will actually become a battle manga or not is beyond any fan's speculation really. Detailed discussion of this issue should be in the Medaka Box thread I think.

As for Bakuman...the manga-in-manga "Trap" is supposed to be is a mystery manga; obviously since it does not exist nobody knows what it's really like, but I'd imagine the tone is closer to something like Detective Conan or D.N.Angel than Naruto. Manga can change in tone over time. Reborn started out as a goofy mafia-themed comedy but the story got more and more serious over time and the main character fought one opponent after another using exotic powers in flashy battles set in long story arcs, hence its readers say that it evolved into a "battle manga."
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 18:52   Link #3127
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
If Medaka Box is gonna turn into a battle manga, go read DNA˛ manga and see the results of what happens, when that happens.
Old 2009-08-31, 04:33   Link #3128
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quick question: what is the name of that Japanese noodle that you dip in tea when eating (not sure if it's the "cha soba" or not...) ?

Also...... i plan to have that the next time i go to Japanese restaurant... is there any chance that the taste will be too weird that i end up could not finish it (don't want to waste food, and have an empty stomach)?
Old 2009-08-31, 06:04   Link #3129
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Quick question: what is the name of that Japanese noodle that you dip in tea when eating (not sure if it's the "cha soba" or not...) ?

Also...... i plan to have that the next time i go to Japanese restaurant... is there any chance that the taste will be too weird that i end up could not finish it (don't want to waste food, and have an empty stomach)?
茶そば (cha soba) is a kind of noodle into which green-tea powder is mixed when produced. You don't dip cha soba into tea! I don't know if such a food exists in the island.

Each nation has own taste on fermented foods. You should avoid fermented ones such as natto and kusaya until you get experienced with Japanese foods.
Old 2009-08-31, 09:02   Link #3130
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Yeah i read wikipedia and it said "cha soba" is the one made with green-tea powder and flour, so it probably not that one.

Cause last time i went to a Japanese restaurant, and saw a noodle meal which say something like "cold noodle served in tea" or similar description. Planned to order it but it was a cold day back then so I got some hot meal instead.

I may misread the menu.... Anyway, other than "cha soba", is there any other Japanese noodle meal(ramen, udo, soba..) relating to tea?
Old 2009-09-02, 14:11   Link #3131
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Yeah i read wikipedia and it said "cha soba" is the one made with green-tea powder and flour, so it probably not that one.

Cause last time i went to a Japanese restaurant, and saw a noodle meal which say something like "cold noodle served in tea" or similar description. Planned to order it but it was a cold day back then so I got some hot meal instead.
You are probably referring to zaru soba, which is "chilled soba that is often served on a sieve-like bamboo tray called a zaru, sometimes garnished with bits of dried nori seaweed, served with a dipping sauce known as soba tsuyu on the side [1] [2].

Tasty-looking recipe for it found here.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 15:29   Link #3132
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Could someone expalin to me why a week is separated in 7 days ? Why not 6 or 8 ?
Old 2009-09-02, 16:09   Link #3133
Slice of Life
eyewitness

A moon cycle is about 29.5 days. You want to divide it somehow into smaller units, (rounded to a day). So the question is why not 3 x 10 days or 5 x 6 days. Which moon phases can be easily identified? Full moon, half moon, new moon. half moon, full moon, ... So you divide the lunar month into 4 quarters.

But while the seven days week seems to have been popular, other "weeks" were also in use in some cultures.
Old 2009-09-02, 16:20   Link #3134
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
A moon cycle is about 29.5 days. You want to divide it somehow into smaller units, (rounded to a day). So the question is why not 3 x 10 days or 5 x 6 days. Which moon phases can be easily identified? Full moon, half moon, new moon. half moon, full moon, ... So you divide the lunar month into 4 quarters.

But while the seven days week seems to have been popular, other "weeks" were also in use in some cultures.
In addition in ancient times, people knew of seven wanderers in the sky ("planets") they could see. These were associated with gods and it was serendipitous that it roughly 4x matched the "28" day moon cycle (and we'll stick some festival holidays in to round it up so it matches the solar year). People love it when the numbers all seem to coincide, even when they have to use a hammer to make it actually work
Old 2009-09-02, 23:45   Link #3135
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
You are probably referring to zaru soba, which is "chilled soba that is often served on a sieve-like bamboo tray called a zaru, sometimes garnished with bits of dried nori seaweed, served with a dipping sauce known as soba tsuyu on the side [1] [2].

Tasty-looking recipe for it found here.
Thank there, it look like so... (except i still don't know where did i read the "dip in tea" from). Now i remember that in some anime/manga there were screens where people slide noodles down a bamboo tray before eatings xD

The only things i am wondering is: is this meal vegetarian (unless you eat with side disks) ? The ingredient does not mention any kind of animal products

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru
Could someone expalin to me why a week is separated in 7 days ? Why not 6 or 8 ?
A funny fact is the Soviet Union tried to use both a 5 days week and 6 days week for 11 years since 1929-1940, and it does not work out so well..... Have to have someone trying before we have to give up xD
Maybe later if technology expand enough and our load work decrease ("if") we may have 5 days week with 3 days work and 2 days rest xD
Old 2009-09-03, 01:34   Link #3136
mit7059

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I don't know if there were reasons before this but the 7 days story in Genesis probably had a lot to do with retaining the standard.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 06:49   Link #3137
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Quote:
The only things i am wondering is: is this meal vegetarian (unless you eat with side disks) ? The ingredient does not mention any kind of animal products
Yes. Soba doesn't contain animal materials including egg or milk. It is made just from wheat flour and soba powder. But the dip soup is often made with fish essence. You might request the dip only with kombu and without katsuobushi.
Old 2009-09-03, 07:39   Link #3138
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I have a question about something I failed in finding out myself
Is there any company involved in making the commercials for LG?

This is part of an assignment in which I am going to make my own cellphone commercial and a section wants me to write down the website of any competition and do research in how their site looks etc. but I can't figure out anywhere if there is a specific company doing these things for any of the big cellphone companies

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2009-09-03 at 11:37.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 01:37   Link #3139
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I have a question also. First you guys know the tick(check mark) right?

Any1 have any idea what is this means? Any sort of ideas are welcomed

✓( a number) - another number

For example: ✓(1) -2

It support to be a result of something...
Old 2009-09-04, 13:05   Link #3140
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
I have a question also. First you guys know the tick(check mark) right?

Any1 have any idea what is this means? Any sort of ideas are welcomed

✓( a number) - another number

For example: ✓(1) -2

It support to be a result of something...
Square root of one minus two? Another form of writing it would be SQRT(1)-2.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious