AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 17:19   Link #3721
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If you're talking about Kira, he's injured enough to pass out. That in itself must be grave.
We saw Kira unconscious in front of the orphanage. It doesn't mean he has to be that way from the start as far as an anime-only viewer is concerned.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:30   Link #3722
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
We saw Kira unconscious in front of the orphanage. It doesn't mean he has to be that way from the start as far as an anime-only viewer is concerned.
So, the only problem left now is that how badly wounded Kira was and how far exactly Marchio’s place from the crime scene.

CSI Mode on XD:
Hmmm......lets try this: Athrun (as coordinator as Kira) who ejected himself to safety was passed out and moving nowhere (he’s found near Aegis wreckage). While Kira who got trapped right in the middle of the explosion managed to walk that far afterwards?
Old 2012-07-07, 17:38   Link #3723
monster

Quote:
Hmmm......lets try this: Athrun (as coordinator as Kira) who ejected himself to safety was passed out and moving nowhere (he’s found near Aegis wreckage). While Kira who got trapped right in the middle of the explosion managed to walk that far afterwards?
Athrun was blown away by the explosion while Kira was strapped in the cockpit.

There's a reason why seat belts exist in vehicles, to help keep you secure and conscious in a collision.
Old 2012-07-07, 17:46   Link #3724
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:

There's a reason why seat belts exist in vehicles, to help keep you secure and conscious in a collision.
Valid argument.

But car crash impact surely a lot (if not hundred times) more forgiving than a Mobile Suit’s self-destruct which designed to completely destroy itself and anything in its radius and Kira trapped right in the middle. Heck, Strike doesn’t have any airbags to reduce the impact as far as I remember.

Note: I still remember that Kira is a coordinator btw, which is the main reason he's still alive.
Old 2012-07-07, 17:46   Link #3725
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:

Or stuck in it.....

Still this particular scene continues to bug me even when was explain how one could survive such explosions.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:50   Link #3726
monster

Quote:
But car crash impact surely a lot (if not hundred times) more forgiving than a Mobile Suit’s self-destruct which designed to completely destroy itself and anything in its radius and Kira trapped right in the middle. Heck, Strike doesn’t have any airbags to reduce the impact as far as I remember.
As you can see in this latest episode, all the explosion did was caused Strike to fall backward. Pilots would have gone through more severe stress in battle conditions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Or stuck in it.....
Nothing's perfect. Still, being conscious gives you more chance than being unconscious.
Old 2012-07-07, 17:57   Link #3727
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I guess we're stuck again in how bad Kira's injury was (which we won't get the exact explanation after all).

Due to lack of data, this case still can't be clearly solved. Need to interview Lowe (& Marchio) as witnesses for further input. Agent Obe out. XD
Old 2012-07-07, 18:01   Link #3728
monster

I can just imagine it:

Lowe: Oh, you know, poor, thing, it bravely protected its pilot. Good news, it's salvageable

Agent Obe: Yeah, yeah, but what about the pilot's condition?

Lowe: Huh? Oh I don't know, not a doctor. Anyway, that mobile suit...
Old 2012-07-07, 18:07   Link #3729
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I can just imagine it:

Lowe: Oh, you know, poor, thing, it bravely protected its pilot. Good news, it's salvageable

Agent Obe: Yeah, yeah, but what about the pilot's condition?

Lowe: Huh? Oh I don't know, not a doctor. Anyway, that mobile suit...
Thus, I give up and go straight to Marchio.

Marchio: The pilot's condition? I don't know. I just spit on his wounds.

Agent Obe:

Agent Obe's report: Kira's case resulted in a dead end.
Old 2012-07-07, 21:29   Link #3730
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Thus, I give up and go straight to Marchio.

Marchio: The pilot's condition? I don't know. I just spit on his wounds.

Agent Obe:

Agent Obe's report: Kira's case resulted... [puts on sunglasses] in a dead end.
Old 2012-07-07, 21:40   Link #3731
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

CSI: ORB Union
Old 2012-07-08, 06:06   Link #3732
Meltyred

Quote:
It might if it just introduces another plot hole. Actually, as mentioned in the manga, Kira survived because the cockpit was resealed. Lowe, only got there afterwards to take Kira to Malchio's orphanage.

So two things:

1. Without Lowe being there, Kira would still be rescued by Orb.
2. With Lowe being there, but not animated, the viewers could've guessed that Kira walked by himself before collapsing in front of the orphanage.

So, as I said, the only thing needed is to show that the cockpit was resealed. Lowe doesn't have to show up. How Kira got to Lacus was already explained in the anime, and Lowe doesn't have anything to do with that either.
Actually, if Lowe didn't reopen the cockpit, the heat would have fried Kira alive....
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 07:08   Link #3733
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Actually, if Lowe didn't reopen the cockpit, the heat would have fried Kira alive....
We don't know the condition inside the cockpit before Lowe opened it and Orb rescue group was on its way. Given Kira's proven toughness, and Orb's undoubted medical experience with dealing with Coordinators, I think it's safe to say that he'll survive the ordeal even if he has to suffer a bit longer.
Old 2012-07-08, 09:43   Link #3734
Meltyred

Quote:
We don't know the condition inside the cockpit before Lowe opened it and Orb rescue group was on its way. Given Kira's proven toughness, and Orb's undoubted medical experience with dealing with Coordinators, I think it's safe to say that he'll survive the ordeal even if he has to suffer a bit longer.
If you read the manga Lowe mentions that the phase shift armour did protect Kira from the explosion, but the heat generated was extremely high and within the closed off cockpit he would have died...
Old 2012-07-08, 10:04   Link #3735
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
If you read the manga Lowe mentions that the phase shift armour did protect Kira from the explosion, but the heat generated was extremely high and within the closed off cockpit he would have died...
which makes things even more stupid seeing how Strike could reenter the atmosphere on its own, then again, Kira did get fried pretty good in that episode
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 10:22   Link #3736
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
which makes things even more stupid seeing how Strike could reenter the atmosphere on its own, then again, Kira did get fried pretty good in that episode
Not really, I mean the phase shit armour ran out, and the energy of the suit in general, which meant the suit's cooling systems were shut off.
Thank god it was raining after....
Old 2012-07-08, 10:26   Link #3737
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Not really, I mean the phase shit armour ran out, and the energy of the suit in general, which meant the suit's cooling systems were shut off.
Thank god it was raining after....
The PS armor ran out after the explosion though, or the Strike would've been fried the moment Aegis blew up.

We do know the suits function even after PS shuts down, Thrusters etc, are still working for x amount of time after the PS runs out of juice, nothing says the Life support doesnt work for a extended period aswell, how long though, that is the question
Old 2012-07-08, 10:26   Link #3738
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
give yet kira survive that too give get falling from skies like autobots's Arrival To Earth from inside the strike give recall it can enter's atmosphere with no probs like duel & buster they all did Arrival To Earth.

then boom from aegis explosion & make mention dodge escape genesis beam blast even after battle with rau.

besides really got wonder what else did kira's real parents did to him during his early birth making stages?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 10:30   Link #3739
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
besides really got wonder what else did kira's real parents did to him during his early birth making stages?
What? Kira was a tube-child
Old 2012-07-08, 11:08   Link #3740
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Even more literally than other coordinators, given the artificial womb.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep