AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-12-06, 17:02   Link #241
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

Has the 1st Death Note Movie been released on DVD yet? Also, what about the 2nd movie, when it's going to be released?
Old 2006-12-06, 18:15   Link #242
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Has the 1st Death Note Movie been released on DVD yet? Also, what about the 2nd movie, when it's going to be released?
The first movie was supposedly released on DVD on the 22nd but I don't see it anywhere (which makes me think that they were confused.) The second movie just came into theaters a month ago.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 00:38   Link #243
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

Yeah, I was confused that why I can't find the the 1st movie DVD anywhere, hope it gets out soon
Old 2006-12-09, 00:34   Link #244
andr1us

Hello,

can someone give me advice where i can find Ai Yori Aoshi vol. 1 Faithfully Yours (With box) to buy. Because i searched everywhere and i couldn't find it. I know that it is discontinued. I found one that looks like it at bestbuy for a good price, but they don't ship to Ireland and i'm not sure if it's really it. Also there is one in Amazon.co.uk, but the price is to high for me (about 70 pounds)
andr1us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 07:20   Link #245
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andr1us View Post
can someone give me advice where i can find Ai Yori Aoshi vol. 1 Faithfully Yours (With box) to buy. Because i searched everywhere and i couldn't find it. I know that it is discontinued. I found one that looks like it at bestbuy for a good price, but they don't ship to Ireland and i'm not sure if it's really it. Also there is one in Amazon.co.uk, but the price is to high for me (about 70 pounds)
I suspect that you will only be able to find this second hand. It would be unusual to find Vol 1 + box-set after 3 years.

I'm not at all convinved that the BestBuy details are correct. Are you looking at this entry, Ai Yori Aoshi 1: Fate - (Ltd Sub Box).

I suspect that it's an error and is actually Ai Yori Aoshi: Enishi, Vol. 1 - Fate (i.e. the second series, not the first).
The title is incorrect. Fate is the title for Enishi Vol 1
The release date is incorrect. 6th July 2004 is the release date for Enishi Vol 1
The price also seems to imply a non-box item as well.

If you are willing to accept Vol 1 without the box, then DVDPacific have it for $18.61, Ai Yori Aoshi: Faithfully Yours (Vol 1) and they do ship overseas (I live in the U.K. and use them all the time). If you use International Surface Mail, it only costs £3.48 shipping and usually takes 10-14 days (or it does for me).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 13:48   Link #246
Morgenstern

Unhappy Bargainanime.com...

I don't know if its the right place to ask the question but i would really need an answer...and i hope i will find one.

I would like to know if anyone here has ordered animes/wall scrolls etc in the past from bargainanime.com ? I ordered a basilisk wall scroll from there 1 week ago...the payment proccessed with no problems etc...but it has been over 1 week and i haven't received a email confirmation about the shipment or the tracking number...sadly i emailed them to know if they shipped it but i haven't received any answer from them for 5 days...

So....i would like to know, if some of you ordered there...and know what happenned, i'm a canadian so calling them if not an option...but if they don't reply to me the next week, i think i will.
Morgenstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 15:35   Link #247
andr1us

At Bestbuy i was not sure about this one Ai Yori Aoshi vol. 1 [Limited Ediition Collector's] . But listing price was like ordinary volume. I could buy this volume without box long time ago, but i prefer to have all volumes boxed So i will keep looking, in worst case i will buy from amazon or used. Thanks for help
Old 2006-12-09, 16:18   Link #248
Corrupt_Id

I usually get my anime at Best Buy, they have the best selection.
Corrupt_Id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 23:19   Link #249
Madlax26

Hey Guys What's Up! ? I Wanted To Know If Slayers Try Is Still Licensed In The United States,Because I Read a Little While Ago That It has Been Discontinued.
Can Anyone Clarify This? Thanks
Madlax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 00:12   Link #250
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madlax26 View Post
Hey Guys What's Up! ? I Wanted To Know If Slayers Try Is Still Licensed In The United States,Because I Read a Little While Ago That It has Been Discontinued.
Can Anyone Clarify This? Thanks
It was discontinued because the license has changed hands from CPM to FUNi.
Old 2006-12-10, 21:28   Link #251
<3L's_my_boy<3
For the Love of L. haha

Send a message via AIM to <3L's_my_boy<3 Send a message via MSN to <3L's_my_boy<3 Send a message via Yahoo to <3L's_my_boy<3
Question Where to find Videos of....

Okay, I am totally lost. I have no clue where to go to find for instance the Naruto movies or if they put episodes on a DVD. I cannot find them. I would have thought they would be at Hastings, but no such luck. I couldn't find them. And I would have thought that they would be at Hastings since its like the best place to buy them. Is there anywhere else where yu can get anime movies or episodes on DVD besides the internet?
<3L's_my_boy<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 07:03   Link #252
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3L's_my_boy<3 View Post
Okay, I am totally lost. I have no clue where to go to find for instance the Naruto movies or if they put episodes on a DVD. I cannot find them. I would have thought they would be at Hastings, but no such luck. I couldn't find them. And I would have thought that they would be at Hastings since its like the best place to buy them. Is there anywhere else where yu can get anime movies or episodes on DVD besides the internet?
The movies haven't been released yet, but the T.V. episodes are being released. I would suggest you get the uncut releases. Avoid the edited CN English dub only DVDs.

Naruto uncut Box-set 1, episode 1-13 on 3 discs. Under $32 at DVDPacific
Naruto uncut Box-set 2, episode 14-26 on 3 discs. Under $32 at DVDPacific
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 13:36   Link #253
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Hey, those are pretty good buys. Did Viz say if they were doing something similar with Bleach?
Old 2006-12-12, 15:38   Link #254
Madlax26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
It was discontinued because the license has changed hands from CPM to FUNi.
Has Funimation said anything about a re release? Thanks
Madlax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 17:43   Link #255
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madlax26 View Post
Has Funimation said anything about a re release? Thanks
When better materials come in from Japan, there will be a re-release.
Old 2006-12-12, 22:00   Link #256
andr1us

i would like to hear someone's else opinion about this: Ai Yori Aoshi Set. Is It worth the money. My bigest concern is the discs and box condition

Edit: Nevermind that i bought volume 1 from amazon.co.uk How long does it takes to get backordered titles from DVDPacific?

Last edited by andr1us; 2006-12-15 at 11:20.
Old 2007-01-09, 13:42   Link #257
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Sorry if i put this in the wrong place. But i wasn't whether to put it here or start a new thread.

My question has anyone order form this place before? If yes what are your experiences.

http://www.animewild.com/

Last edited by xris; 2007-01-09 at 14:35.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 06:40   Link #258
redarrow7216

uhmm..

does anyone where I can buy the Death Note serie on DVD?

or if it isn;t available yet.. where will I be able to buy it in the future>>??

further I'm wondering what you guys do when a serie get licensed..
redarrow7216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 10:53   Link #259
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by redarrow7216 View Post
uhmm..

does anyone where I can buy the Death Note serie on DVD?

or if it isn;t available yet.. where will I be able to buy it in the future>>??

further I'm wondering what you guys do when a serie get licensed..
It was announced 3 days ago so of course it is not available yet. Further details will come out soonish and it will be available on DVD in probably about a year in your normal retailers.
Old 2007-01-13, 16:14   Link #260
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

Any news on Death Note 1st live-action movie DVD? I still can't find anything except bootlegs

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime