2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-06-02, 15:19   Link #141
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Well the laws of matter states that you cannot create or destroy it.

Eren literally was creating a massive 50 feet monster out of thin air, muscles and bones to kick as well. That falls under alchemy or magic at the very least. Also he needed pain in order to achieve the transformation which is almost like a "blood offering".

That and during the transformation we see flashes of lighting too.

ON that matter I wonder how long it'll take for them to reach his dad's basement now.
Well you see, he has a mini-nuclear fusion reactor inside of him, creating massive amounts of energy, as well as a energy-matter converter that can solidify that massive amount of ene....... nevermind, I'm just talking out of my ass.
Old 2013-06-02, 15:21   Link #142
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Well you see, he has a mini-nuclear fusion reactor inside of him, creating massive amounts of energy, as well as a energy-matter converter that can solidify that massive amount of ene....... nevermind, I'm just talking out of my ass.
It would be cool at least
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 16:15   Link #143
askara

Attack on Giant really know how to end an episode, every episode ending feels epic ,gloommy and exciting and still leave a cliffhanger.

Next episode they should make a full Armour in style of gundam for Eren titan form, combine with that green eye we saw in this episode it will be badass XD.

and why is people questioning about the science of the transformation now? i mean there are lots of thing that cant be possible IRL and scientifically impossible, like the 3D gear and the way they move, why doest giant collapse by their own weight? how can giant survive with no food, why they disappear when they die and how did giant titan and Armour titan suddenly appear etc. best to think of it as magic i mean this show never even try explain anything with law of science anyway.
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 16:33   Link #144
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
i mean there are lots of thing that cant be possible IRL and scientifically impossible, like the 3D gear and the way they move, why doest giant collapse by their own weight?
This isn't a matter of plausibility.
Most sci-fi stories aren't any more plausible than your average fantasy, but the point is that storywise what happens is supposed to follow physical laws and not magical theories.

The question of whether in the SnK universe "magic" exists or not is an interesting one in my opinion.
The 3D gear that you mentioned for example is implausible as a working device, however most of its parts and the principles under which it works are explained in details. Therefore this tells us that there is no magic involved. Whether it is plausible or not the author gives a non-supernatural explanation for that.

Now what remains is to understand whether the titans will be explained as a scientific phenomenon or as a magical one.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 16:40   Link #145
askara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
This isn't a matter of plausibility.
Most sci-fi stories aren't any more plausible than your average fantasy, but the point is that storywise what happens is supposed to follow physical laws and not magical theories.

The question of whether in the SnK universe "magic" exists or not is an interesting one in my opinion.
The 3D gear that you mentioned for example is implausible as a working device, however most of its parts and the principles under which it works are explained in details. Therefore this tells us that there is no magic involved. Whether it is plausible or not the author gives a non-supernatural explanation for that.

Now what remains is to understand whether the titans will be explained as a scientific phenomenon or as a magical one.
i agree with what you saying but my point is we already seen Giant disappearing upon death and sudden appearing so we cant just suddenly call bullshit on Eren's transformation and the writer will explain it in due time.
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 16:47   Link #146
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

bah. baaaaaaaaaaaah.

According to MADBOX twitters, we may get a recap episode some time soon. Meh.

Reading the tweets, looks like they're hoping the break will unload the mad workload the animators put in every week.
Old 2013-06-02, 16:56   Link #147
takai
Easy Muffin

I have a feeling that every episode is going to start with an unnecessary recap now.

Finally, they introduce a character that actually kicks ass besides Mikasa.

That whole standoff scene drug out too much.

Glad they showed how Eren got out of that titan. And how he knows how to change into that form at will.

Decent episode. 6/10.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 17:03   Link #148
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
I have a feeling that every episode is going to start with an unnecessary recap now.

Finally, they introduce a character that actually kicks ass besides Mikasa.

That whole standoff scene drug out too much.

Glad they showed how Eren got out of that titan. And how he knows how to change into that form at will.

Decent episode. 6/10.
Wow, you give a 'decent' episode only 6/10? So why doesn't it deserve higher?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 17:33   Link #149
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
and why is people questioning about the science of the transformation now? i mean there are lots of thing that cant be possible IRL and scientifically impossible, like the 3D gear and the way they move, why doest giant collapse by their own weight? how can giant survive with no food, why they disappear when they die and how did giant titan and Armour titan suddenly appear etc. best to think of it as magic i mean this show never even try explain anything with law of science anyway.
I think I’m the one who first question about the transformation. And like Jan-Poo said, I’m not asking about the plausibility of the transformation, but whether it’s in the “sci-fi” category or “magic” category. So, if you consider the transformation as magic, then we have the same point. Nothing to argue.

As for the 3D gear, see my post about what’s sci-fi and what’s magic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
IMO the difference between sci-fi and magic is: sci-fi at least has "technological excuse" (eg Star Trek's teleportation device, Star Wars' hyper-drive, Gundam's Psychommu System, etc), while magic has no "technological excuse" and it just happens/there (eg. Naruto's chakra, Hunter x Hunter's nen, Saint Seiya's cosmo, Bleach's reiatsu, etc)
By that definition above, I always consider Titans as giant-walking magical beings no different from Romero's zombies.
Old 2013-06-02, 18:23   Link #150
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Not much happened, but I guess that bored guy was cool, and Mari-clone was ok, though I also drew that unfortunate notion.

The best was of course when Mikasa invited everyone to have a taste of her blade speciality in slicing up flesh. Sure everyone's scared shitless and isn't thinking straight, but that sure put them back in line!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 19:05   Link #151
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

It seemed my hunch that Eren comes from a line of cabalists/alchemists isn't too off with this latest episode. I figured he'd require a medium or sort to make use of his power - and that medium is his blood.

My only remaining questions are:

1. Where is Eren's dad now?
2. What exactly does Eren's dad know about all of this? My guess he was researching or dabbling in the sort of alchemy that involves Eren.
3. Who is ordering the Titans to attack? Do they know Eren's father? My guess is yes.
4. Why are they sending the Titans to attack? Does it have to do with whatever secrets are locked away inside the basement? My guess is yes.
Old 2013-06-02, 19:27   Link #152
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Excellent episode, doesn't explain alot, which is a good part of the mystery that keeps me wanna watch this before I read the manga.

Also there was a gender issue on one of the characters here? Hmm...
Old 2013-06-02, 19:33   Link #153
darklegends8

Hanji my favorite character, I'm glad they did her well in the anime
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 21:47   Link #154
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Also there was a gender issue on one of the characters here? Hmm...
No there isn't. Apparently the author got insulted by an interviewer who can't make out out Hanji's gender. The author went vague on the interviewer.

In one of the illustrations Hanji wears a skirt. That answers the question.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 21:55   Link #155
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

There is nothing that suggests that the question was offensive or that the author felt insulted by it. That's just a very imaginative interpretation from a blogger.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 23:09   Link #156
kitten320

Well... looks like Eren will have lots of trouble to fit with humanity now.
Old 2013-06-03, 00:14   Link #157
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
No there isn't. Apparently the author got insulted by an interviewer who can't make out out Hanji's gender. The author went vague on the interviewer.

In one of the illustrations Hanji wears a skirt. That answers the question.
I see. I thought there was another trap/reverse trap going on in the anime.
Old 2013-06-03, 03:11   Link #158
Gohan78
Awakened One

Honestly Isayama is not a great artist.
When Ymir appeared, for a long time I thought she was a guy. However I never had this problem with Hanji: I immediately recognized her as a girl. I think the confusion comes from the fact that she uses a masculine speech.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 03:23   Link #159
larethian

Maybe being vague was a strategic decision to bring in the fujoshis = more sales?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 05:35   Link #160
Unknown Soldier
:D

The last time I watched a show directed by Tetsuro Araki, halfway through I got tired of waiting a week between episodes and I ended up reading all the available Highschool of the Dead manga material in one day.

There's a lot more material for Attack on Titan, so I doubt I would finish in a day. But I'm getting real irritated with one episode a week here.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote