AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-08-07, 13:12   Link #1121
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yes, Irvin is likely just thinking "As long as we get Eren back, a few sacrifices don't matter."
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 13:24   Link #1122
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Mikasa is awesome as always.
She is basically having to kill any connections aside from the ones she had in her childhood, and the kidnappers only have themselves to blame for that.
Old 2013-08-07, 13:58   Link #1123
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
I don't know if it's really about the "smallest" victory. I think he just realizes how important Eren is to getting information and a large victory over the titans.
That's not just that, even long before Eren appeared the scouting legion kept suffering continuous casualties only for a few pieces of information.

The whole plan that was recently shown in the anime was just made for the possibility that an intelligent titan would show up.

As for Eren, while he is certainly an awesome asset he is still a little thing compared to the enemies they are facing, baring the thousand regular titans, there are the intelligent titans which with the appearance of the ape titan are suggested to be in high number, and then you have the walls with who knows how many colossal titans in them and the cult that protects them.

For all that Irvin knows Eren might be completely inconsequential in the end, a normal person would think so.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 14:40   Link #1124
cheeseboot

german mythology

the main characters in the attack on titan series are german while doing some research i found out that the titans are based on german mythology jotuun it explains alot and may ruin the secret about the titans im not going to say what there is but ill put a link to the place http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%B6tunn
cheeseboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 16:21   Link #1125
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseboot View Post
the main characters in the attack on titan series are german while doing some research i found out that the titans are based on german mythology jotuun it explains alot and may ruin the secret about the titans im not going to say what there is but ill put a link to the place http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%B6tunn
Sounds like you've just got everything figured out. PACK IT UP everyone, this mystery has been cracked wide open.

Not really sure what the hell Irvin is doing, but I can't see anyone but the scouting legion taking any casualties. Mikasa was pretty great, gotta have such an attitude if you wanna get anything done in such a situation.
Old 2013-08-07, 20:05   Link #1126
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

some people bound to die after this arc is over

strogest candidate to die atm:
Hannes, Berthold/Reiner, Christa, Ymir
Old 2013-08-07, 20:18   Link #1127
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Historia? Doubt it.
Old 2013-08-07, 20:30   Link #1128
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I honestly don't see any of the titans dying. There's too much left untold at this point. Ymir MAYBE, trying to save Historia from some titan, but I doubt it.
Old 2013-08-07, 20:59   Link #1129
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
some people bound to die after this arc is over

strogest candidate to die atm:
Hannes, Berthold/Reiner, Christa, Ymir
Hannes is likely the one. But Berth, Reiner and Ymir can't die yet, and Christa must not die. I'm expecting that Reiner would be forced to steamroll those titans in front of him.

Mikasa is being a badass, yes. And yet, I begin to find her increasingly annoying in that chapter since she's being a ruthless monster who thinks nothing but kill, and will include Christa in her kill-list too. No offense.

Oh man... I wonder what will happen if she accidentally killed Eren if she's being that recklessly dangerous?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 21:32   Link #1130
yankky5

This update is way more interesting than the last one!!

And OMG!!! Irvin that mad genius!!
Old 2013-08-07, 21:37   Link #1131
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Hannes is likely the one. But Berth, Reiner and Ymir can't die yet, and Christa must not die. I'm expecting that Reiner would be forced to steamroll those titans in front of him.

Mikasa is being a badass, yes. And yet, I begin to find her increasingly annoying in that chapter since she's being a ruthless monster who thinks nothing but kill, and will include Christa in her kill-list too. No offense.

Oh man... I wonder what will happen if she accidentally killed Eren if she's being that recklessly dangerous?
She's not really being a ruthless monster, she's just got her eyes on the prize. Besides if she was really out of control, she wouldn't have just cut out one of Ymir's eyes, she would have gone straight for Ymir's neck. Nor would she have stopped to chat with Christa.
Old 2013-08-07, 23:45   Link #1132
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

I must have not been following the manga as closely as I thought. What good does Irvin leading the rabid titans to the human titans do? I don't recall titans ever attacking the Colossal or Armored Titan, and they didn't attack Annie. They did attack Eren and Ymir though, but after they provoked an attack. Still, it seems like Reiner could bull charge through that pack of titans.
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 00:04   Link #1133
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

They did attack Annie, they even ate her titan alive at one point but she escaped and reformed the titan. Regular Titans seem to recognize human controlled titans as humans so they attack, this is the reason why they were waiting for nightfall to continue as the titans would not be as active at night.
Old 2013-08-08, 00:11   Link #1134
Kozen

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Isayama really enjoys screwing with the fans
Kozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 00:26   Link #1135
JamJackEvo

Christa, the goddess Titan?

Still wanna marry her...
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 01:02   Link #1136
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42
They did attack Annie, they even ate her titan alive at one point but she escaped and reformed the titan. Regular Titans seem to recognize human controlled titans as humans so they attack, this is the reason why they were waiting for nightfall to continue as the titans would not be as active at night.
Ah, I do remember that scene but I definitely misinterpreted it. I thought Annie's yell was some unique call that summoned the titans to her aid or something. I guess all she was doing was alerting the titans of hr location to attack her. I wonder though what made her so sure she could escape after the titans devoured her titan form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozen View Post
Images

Hahahahaha! I'm crying from that image. Armin and Misaka are hilarious. Dat abs and pecs.
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 01:11   Link #1137
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Images

My brain is going to self-destruct when I see this coming.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 02:27   Link #1138
Golden Bug-Hunter

I'm completely confused by something.

The scouting legion chased the Kidnapper-titans to the forest. The forest was also infested with 'lesser' Titans that want to eat everyone. I get that much.

THe kidnappers made a run for it, and the scouting legion sets off in pursuit not caring that there's a bunch of titans behind them.

So how is it, when the grand strategy is revealed, that there are titans in FRONT of the escaping kidnappers? If they were behind the scouting legion that's one thing, but where the hell did these guys come from? A second sallying force riding out from the city?
Golden Bug-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 02:27   Link #1139
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

Quote:
Images

Damn, I feel screwed with. Armin's would-be titan looks ugly and tiny. LOL
Old 2013-08-08, 02:46   Link #1140
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Ymir will not die in the current arc yet not sure after that. Christa is deathproof, both Ymir and Reiner need her. Berthold. . . he still needs to confess his feelings to Annie.

Reiner-Christa-Ymir
Berthold-Annie-ARMIN
Levi-Eren-Mikasa -jean
Connie-Connie-Connie
Sasha-Potato-Meat